7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Not sure why the one God thing is more or less religious than the countless gods and religions that already exist in WoW.
    Well, I'm fine with multiple "gods" who aren't really gods but just very advanced aliens/beeings of their planes, similiar to Asgardians in the MCU. Maybe I should have specified that I don't want a "catholic/abrahamic" type of god that's above all. *shudders*
    Last edited by Lady Atia; 2021-06-19 at 07:57 AM.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Well, I'm fine with multiple "gods" who aren't really gods but just very advanced aliens/beeings of their planes, similiar to Asgardians in the MCU. Maybe I should have specified that I don't want a "catholic/islamistic" type of god that's above all. *shudders*
    "catholic/islamistic"

The Light, Zovaal, the Kyrian...

:/ Also, the First Ones are Gods that are above all. The only thing above them would be a being that literally exists before nothing itself.

- - - Updated - - -

The First Ones fit the whole Catholic Geometer God ideal also, so it's not like it matters anyway. If Blizzard adds an all powerful being before the First Ones, just have that 7th First One try to claim that beings power instead and make that First One the final end all, be all threat of WoW. The First One to destroy all others, and the First One that will undo the entire Cosmic Framework, the chart, and the forces. And if they want to play this "1 god" card, then a First One to overthrow the one before the First.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    "catholic/islamistic"

The Light, Zovaal, the Kyrian...

:/ Also, the First Ones are Gods that are above all. The only thing above them would be a being that literally exists before nothing itself.
    The light is just one of six cosmic forces, they are not better than any of the other ones. Zooval and the Kyrians are both greek inspired - which i fastly prefer. Mythology is awesome, just not a fan of other religious stuff.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Mythology is awesome, just not a fan of other religious stuff.
    Huge chunk of Bible is mythology as well.

Well, I'm fine with multiple "gods" who aren't really gods but just very advanced aliens/beeings of their planes, similiar to Asgardians in the MCU. Maybe I should have specified that I don't want a "catholic/abrahamic" type of god that's above all. *shudders*
    Yes, but why? Is it somehow uniquely irritating you to see a belief in vogue represented as opposed to one which has been mostly discredited? It seems more like you're projecting your own anti-religious biases onto the story here, and likely are too close-minded for even the most passing intellectual challenge to even want to be reminded of beliefs outside of your own simply because they make you feel uncomfortable and as though you are somehow being insulted by your beliefs not directly projecting onto every single thing you see.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Huge chunk of Bible is mythology as well.
    But it doesn’t have hydras

Oh please I hope they don't do a "one god above all" thing. Don't need that religious aids in my game lol.

For the Tazavesh map - you call it clever, I call it lazy. I hate it when stuff isn't on the world map propperly (Argus/Nazjatar says hi ....).
    *tips fedora*

There's already religion in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    *tips fedora*

There's already religion in WoW.
    Nobody tell him about the light. And the Loa… and shamans…and the cult of the damned… and the twilight hammer…
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

10+ Year Old Account
    That 10.0 4chan leak is some hot garbage, and as this forum is obsessed with new classes and/or 4th specs of current classes, I'm going to paste this from that leak:

Let me first note that there's skins on top of these original ascensions. If you prefer a certain type of magic that you used before, that's automatically available.

The "ascended" classes are based around what already exists with the 3 specs. Here's what you'll be getting:

Please note that a lot of the names are still a WIP, so a lot of these are just gonna be descriptions of what the class ascension is like

Warrior = Gladiator (based on medieval First Ones' physical barbarianism and bloodsports)
    Paladin =
    Priest = Astromancer: this one's cool. The original magic of the First Ones is astral magic; the Astromancers are an ancient sect of priests that follow the First Ones.
    Hunter = Cool mix between mastery of animals (if you're not BM you can infuse beasts into your weapons) and mechanical abilities that originate from First Ones' technology
    Rogue = There once existed sky pirate samurai on Azeroth before the titans came, if you could believe it. Obviously, they're not called this, but that's what they are, essentially.
    Monk =
    Demon Hunter = Essentially a mastery of your demon form. You'll be using it far more often, and you can even transform into a full-on demon. A ton of options to choose from, and can be changed at any time.
    Death Knight = Runes and flames; this ascension is super scary. This thing is a tank (not literally), Oh: domination magic was made by the First Ones, and it has a lot of offensive (i.e. attacking people) properties, too
    Druid = Druidism and shapeshifting originates from the magic created by the First Ones. A lot of cool different forms that can be taken on from beasts, creatures and critters that are unique to the First Ones. One of the lesser developed ascensions so far, but the models look cool. Still trying to figure out the mechanics of the magic/spells/abilities they use.
    Monk = Some cool chi mechanics; you can become one w/ the August Celestials, and there's some fun drunk stuff too. The First Ones actually created the August Celestials with astral magic (ret-con). Also, it's no secret that the Astromancer priests had some strange brews with even more potent effects.
    Paladin = Ancient defenders of the First Ones' kingdom. Not much to describe here yet, but there's a different kind of light magic that's used. These guys were the protectors of the upside-down max level region I mentioned above.
    Shaman = Another lesser-developed ascension, if I'm being honest. At the moment, it's a mastery over the elements, and you can do a lot more with them (i.e. remember blood-bending from Avatar: the Last Airbender? that's actually gonna be a thing...)
    Warlock = What if I told you that you could summon servants from the depths of the First Ones' chambers?
    Mage = The First Ones are the reason the the concept of time even exists; a lot of cool arcane/fire/frost abilities mixed with time magic

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    Nobody tell him about the light. And the Loa… and shamans…and the cult of the damned… and the twilight hammer…
    I meant real life (modern) religion, not stuff that's already in the game.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    That 10.0 4chan leak is some hot garbage, and as this forum is obsessed with new classes and/or 4th specs of current classes, I'm going to paste this from that leak:
    Damn it why did you have to remind me of this garbage

That's where original authorial intent comes in, as mentioned from the beginning. It's wishy washy.

When people who didn't even work on the narrative that was established 19 years ago do something that drastically alters it and prior character motivations to twist things to suit the story they want to tell? That sounds like a retcon to me.

Edit:
    The verb usage might be more appropriate fitting: revise (an aspect of a fictional work) retrospectively, typically by introducing a piece of new information that imposes a different interpretation on previously described events.
    It's simply an incorrect definition. A retcon changes previously established facts, not just interpretations. The situation itself is changed, not how people view it. A retcon always contradicts the previous narrative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I cannot remember an expansion that didn't have at least one standout amazing track. I don't see why this expansion should be the outlier.

Though I guess thinking about it that amazing track for SL might have been The Dreamer, but still. You never know when you get another Nightsong or Invincible.
    I don't know, I jam to the Shadowlands login theme. I think there's a lot of good music in the expansion, but other than the login screen, nothing mindblowing so far.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It's simply an incorrect definition. A retcon changes previously established facts, not just interpretations. The situation itself is changed, not how people view it. A retcon always contradicts the previous narrative.
    I mean, it’s the Webster dictionary. Don’t know what to tell you
    Last edited by GR8GODZILLAGOD; 2021-06-19 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    That's a load of nonsense, wow. Priests become Balance Druids? Shamans become... Shamans? Wat.

Did the person who wrote that ever actually read anything about WoW?

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, it’s the Webster dictionary. Don’t know what to tell you
    Dictionaries list common usage, not correct usage and in particular, not definition of meaning. It's not a retcon unless it actually changes what happened, from an out-of-universe perspective. The full term is retroactive continuity, not retroactive reinterpretation.

If we can’t use the dictionary as a source, then what are we supposed to use?
    Last edited by GR8GODZILLAGOD; 2021-06-19 at 02:04 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    If we can’t use the dictionary as a source, then what are we supposed to use?
    Imo it should be divided to: mild retcon and hard retcon, it's stupid to use one definition for two different things. In that case I think:

- it's safe to say during Warcraft III devs had no plans for Jailer/SL
    - during Wrath devs had plan for something, but we have no idea how close it is to current vision
    - after Chronicle I (and 100% after Antorus) we can't even talk about mild retcon. Varimathras speech have 0 sense if Dreadlords were working 100% for Legion.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...-ideas/1002769
    So here we have the confirmation that the 4chan leak is shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...-ideas/1002769
    So here we have the confirmation that the 4chan leak is shenanigans.
    The "leaker" openly saying they're just making shit up because they're bored in bed wasn't enough?

I have to admit I didn't read the whole piece of art.