Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I made this as a rough concept of what I think the Dragon Isles should/could look like. I know it's not super innovative as it basically just combines the obvious ideas all into one, like having one zone for each dragonflight and including a Titan Facility (which is something everyone already expects).

If I had more time, I could have tried to flesh it out with more info about raids, dungeons, quest hubs, etc. but I also don't think I'm very good at coming up with ideas like that. My only wish is that we get more Caverns of Time type stuff if there's a Bronze dragonflight zone.

EDIT: Also, in hindsight, I'd probably swap the locations of some of these zones. Like maybe Blue dragonflight's zone should be in the center so the snow makes more sense (?) and Bronze dragonflight's zone should be where I placed the Green dragonflight's zone.
    I actually love the design of the map. The shapes of the blue dragon area are really inspired and match well with the black dragon part. Also, Uldorus has an Elden Ring's sacred tower vibe here..

Quote Originally Posted by Local Ardenweald Faerie View Post
    Whatever it is, I hope it's instanced housing. As in, there's a house in the game world, anyone can buy it, but there's an infinite supply of them. Have a dozen or so of these littered around popular zones so people have choice.

FFXIV's system would be good... if there were infinite subdivisions. Cause currently, I think FFXIV's stops at 24 subdivisions, and given the massive playerbase of that game, a house is pretty impossible to get.
    Being instanced makes sense. I can't see them letting us plop a house down right in the middle of a "kill 12 boars" quest or whatever and have the house break the quest.

That said, I want it to be instanced neighborhoods. You should have neighbors to associate with, show off to, compete with, etc. and not be stuck in an instance all by your lonesome self. That made WoD feel like it wasn't even a MMO anymore. Plus, it adds a degree of realism to housing if you have other real people there. Nothing would be stopping people from going in their yard and shutting the gate or going in their house and shutting the door if they want some alone time either.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the love of god...or whatever you believe in....please, please everyone ignore it....don't feed it.

Knight of the Astral Star Local Ardenweald Faerie's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    For the love of god...or whatever you believe in....please, please everyone ignore it....don't feed it.
    I think I know who exactly you're referring to and I'm trying my hardest not to take the bait.

Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    I try to but sometimes deniers are just too much. I should really know better.

5+ Year Old Account
    This is hilarious
    Then the storm broke, and the dragons danced.

Seriously though I can't believe me and Teriz we're actually referenced by Blizz. Looks like we scared them with how on point we are.

Nothing like that ever happened for DH, Necro or any other class.

But it really didn't take much to figure all this stuff out. Between 10.0, 11.0 and tinkers it's all pretty obvious the direction the story is headed

Just wait and see how nozzy turns into murozomd by the end of Dragonflight and ends up summoning yrel to kick off 11.0 in karesh.

Again I predicted all this before SL even came out.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...sbile-Spoilers
    Last edited by Varx; 2022-04-06 at 05:25 AM.

Christ, do permanent bans not exist on this site? The discourse was so much better the past week.

Quote Originally Posted by Zankai27 View Post
    Christ, do permanent bans not exist on this site? The discourse was so much better the past week.
    Hey careful I'm pretty sure discussing disciplinary action against other posters is against terms.

Back on topic.

So that Alex art is definitely real. Besides it's high quality, That image isn't found anywhere else on the web and her armor update is in line for with other female characters like sylv and jaina.

Also that staff, she's never had a staff before so this is clearly an update for her lore wise.

Oh boy can't wait for the 19th
    Last edited by Varx; 2022-04-06 at 05:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    Being instanced makes sense. I can't see them letting us plop a house down right in the middle of a "kill 12 boars" quest or whatever and have the house break the quest.

That said, I want it to be instanced neighborhoods. You should have neighbors to associate with, show off to, compete with, etc. and not be stuck in an instance all by your lonesome self. That made WoD feel like it wasn't even a MMO anymore. Plus, it adds a degree of realism to housing if you have other real people there. Nothing would be stopping people from going in their yard and shutting the gate or going in their house and shutting the door if they want some alone time either.
    Basically you want Lotro. It has a half dozen areas (shire, elf, human, dwarf plus some premium areas in gondor, rohan and erebor), there are dozens of neighborhoods in each and the # expands if they all get bought up. The decoration system sucks (it's all hooks instead of free placement like wildstar or FF14), but that part is pretty good.

So I'd like free placement of decorations, but instanced neighborhoods.
    Last edited by SniperCT; 2022-04-06 at 05:59 AM.

You know while on hiatus, I noticed a possible pattern in expansions that further reenforces my solid predictions.

So listen to this. Ever since Legion, each new expansion seems to be a sequel to one of the previous 5.

Legion - TBC

BFA - mop

SL - wrath

Dragonflight - cata

Which leaves...

X - WoD.

If I'm right, which given my blizzard scared straight into April fool's post track record I probably am, then my theory that Yrel will be summoned by murozond at the end of Dragonflight to fight the void threats established throughout 10.x, will come true.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    You know while on hiatus, I noticed a possible pattern in expansions that further reenforces my solid predictions.

So listen to this. Ever since Legion, each new expansion seems to be a sequel to one of the previous 5.

Legion - TBC

BFA - mop

SL - wrath

Dragonflight - cata

Which leaves...

X - WoD.

If I'm right, which given my blizzard scared straight into April fool's post track record I probably am, then my theory that Yrel will be summoned by murozond at the end of Dragonflight to fight the void threats established throughout 10.x, will come true.
    I noticed another pattern that is condradicting your prediction.

TBC - MoP

SL - Legion

BFA - WoD

Cata - X

Dragonflight - Y

This proofs that YOU are akshually scared of Blizzard. So Yrel will summon Mannoroth instead.

Quote Originally Posted by George Lucas View Post
    I noticed another pattern that is condradicting your prediction.

TBC - MoP

SL - Legion

BFA - WoD

Cata - X

Dragonflight - Y

This proofs that YOU are akshually scared of Blizzard. So Yrel will summon Mannoroth instead.
    Na, don't see it. What exactly is this pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post

Legion - TBC

BFA - mop

SL - wrath

Dragonflight - cata

Which leaves...

X - WoD.

BfA - MoP?

Nah. It doesn't fit nearly as well as Legion/TBC and Shadowlands/Wrath.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by George Lucas View Post
    I noticed another pattern

TBC - MoP

SL - Legion

BFA - WoD

Cata - X

Dragonflight - Y
    Hmmmm, that makes sense
    Then the storm broke, and the dragons danced.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I take it that nothing interesting happened here while I was sleeping.

5+ Year Old Account
    Can we please not respond to that sad clown and do something productive instead? Please? Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    So I take it that nothing interesting happened here while I was sleeping.
    It has returned. That is all.

Knight of the Astral Star Local Ardenweald Faerie's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Can we please not respond to that sad clown and do something productive instead? Please? Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

It has returned. That is all.
    I'm really sorry but I can't not read your posts in Emet-Selch's sultry voice.

Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    BfA - MoP?

Nah. It doesn't fit nearly as well as Legion/TBC and Shadowlands/Wrath.
    Both had the initial launch focus on the factions on new lands. Both expacs had zandalari in them. Both expansions had both factions unite and march on Orgrimmar against a Warchief. Both expansions built up to a final boss that is powered by an old god or is one.

Here's my hot take.

Whatever happens with 10.0, my biggest fear is they are going to avoid borrowed power completely. I think that Zereth Mortis is a prime example of what happens when a zone is mostly bereft of ways to increase player power. There certainly is activity, but it's pretty stunted. It's not rare at all for me to sit waiting around for people on a rare depending on time of day.

I would like to get new systems that stick around in 10.0 beyond legendary and something akin to covenant powers, but think there needs to be something for "the grind"