Seems like no build until Thursday or Friday again this week

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    My guess - cross-faction related or whatever that living world stuff ends up being.

hopefully not another UI revamp. The previous one was bad enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiercelord View Post
    Seems like no build until Thursday or Friday again this week
    Well PTR is down right now so there's hope.

10+ Year Old Account
    After reading your replies, I've concluded that it's not dyes. As @Sondrelk pointed out, dyes don't actually make sense for a game where often the only thing that separates an LFR tier piece from a Heroic one, is color.

To debunk myself further: mount customization wouldn't work either due to the sheer amount of crazy mounts we have in WoW. Too many shapes to account for.

Therefore, my gut instinct is telling me it's housing. But I don't know if I like that...

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Seems like we will be hitting 2000 pages by the time the announcement is here. Who would have thought all the way back in 9.1 when the page count was not even close to 1000...
    The rate this thread is going we might hit 2500 lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    The rate this thread is going we might hit 2500 lol
    Doesn't seem too far-fetched. Especially if we get another big leak before April 19th.

Quote Originally Posted by Padwarle View Post
    Well PTR is down right now so there's hope.
    Oh really? Didn't see that!

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    It's gotta be dyes. The madmen finally did it. They got armor dyes working in WoW after 15 years of saying it's impossible.
    It's not impossible so much as a bad idea: Right now they have some control over the visual style of the game: Games with dyable armor suddenly become a parade of very ugly armor. They're keeping us from hurting ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypester View Post
    The PC making their own Dragonflight surrounded by NPCs is the most terrifying sounding single player game confirmation I can think of. Please no..
    But you *can* see it happening, though, can't you?
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm very much thinking housing here. Of all the options open, that seems like the one that would best fit with WoW & would require a ton of UI work.

Dyes feel like something that could maybe work going forward & would need a ton of UI work, but given the amount of raid armor in the past where Blizz recolored armor between levels, dyes would be a bit weird for past content. Transmog seems unlikely if for no other reason than the WoW transmog system is pretty highly thought of thus far. There may be too many restrictions, but compared to something like FF14 or SWTOR it is light years ahead. Character Creation could use more, but Blizz just improved that system a great deal.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Tauren have had neutral and up to friendly relations with the nelves for ages,
    Taurens didn't even warn the orcs that night elves lived in ashenvale lmao, they prob didn't even know, they are not that close
    Trolls and belves are direct cousin races.
    they are not direct, and they were most likely enemies for most part before being allies, they are not that close.
    There will be enough stories to go around, regardless of whether they are true, false, antagonizing or inspiring.
    ITs completely nonsensical and an unrealistic scenario.

They would fill in the blanks with the information they do know.
    Just like Rexxar told them about a story that he knows about.
    There is no way for those information to traverse other factions in the first place, Rexxar does not pass the time with night elves to know their myth.

You are acting as if the book made it out to be that those children are being indoctrinated by the evil nelf gang.
    Sorry, but that is what happens when two forces are war, but im acting like its just obnoxious that children of the opposite faction grow up learning about myths of the opposite
    They visited a place, Rexxar knew things about that place, he told them what he knew about that place, that's all there is to it.
    And that is just like other parts of this book, totally nonsensical and out of touch, made by someone who doesn't know the game, like Zekhan being a iliterate having to learn how to read and write his own language by lorthemar, lmao

Ah yes, because that's the only possible way Rexxar could've possibly gotten that story.
    Not by exchanging information, not by conversing, but by finding old nelf texts and studying ancient darnassian!
    Yeah, Rexxar is def the guy that go around to chat around with nelfs! how rich

Surely i don't have to explain how dumb that point is, do i?

It could as well be a new Glpyh/Class skin and powers customization Tab like other tabs.

It could as well be a new Glpyh/Class skin and powers customization Tab like other tabs.
    That's what I thought as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    After reading your replies, I've concluded that it's not dyes. As @Sondrelk pointed out, dyes don't actually make sense for a game where often the only thing that separates an LFR tier piece from a Heroic one, is color.

To debunk myself further: mount customization wouldn't work either due to the sheer amount of crazy mounts we have in WoW. Too many shapes to account for.

Therefore, my gut instinct is telling me it's housing. But I don't know if I like that...
    I guess dyes could work well, but it would essentially just be a tiny step above what we already have. Where instead of gathering pieces with specific colorations we instead gather one version, and then gather rewards from several other places.
    It would be a sidegrade, or sometimes even a downgrade for much of the reward system, but it would at least make it easier to add more variants later. The new Timewalking Mage Tower giving a dye set, rather than a recoloured set for instance.

It would probably be pointless though, as it really would hinge on Blizzard making sets that look good with several dyes, which I imagine is significantly more challenging than just making armor with colour chosen by actual artists.
    You can't really just add red to a set with gems, or feathers, or even just belts meant to contrast for instance, it would look terrible. And if you want the devs to ensure each dye looks good then it's really just what we already have with an unnecessary level of complexity on top.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    My money's on customisable NPCs, as you essentially build your own dragonflight as its Aspect, and the NPCs change appearance depending on the buffs you pick.
    I really like this idea! Talk about taking the command table to a whole other level.

It would have to be pretty advanced if it took months.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Yes but unironically. Introducing a class to a setting in which it doesn't belong would be a terrible idea to me. A "common fantasy class" isn't sufficient to justify it. WoW isn't meant to be a "common fantasy setting". Bards don't fit.

I'd also add that it can't really sell an expansion. Unless we get an expansion that explicitly and transparently connects to it thematically, we can't have it. See: Demon Hunters for Legion, Death Knights for WotLK, Monks for MoP. I don't see any expansion in which a Bard would be the immediate and self-evident response to its themes, and consequently no expansion which would justify Bards.
    I agree with you that classes always tie strongly into the theme of the expansion, but honestly, anything can fit any expansion.

For Bards, base them on First One tech/magic that uses songs and harmonies. Say we need this new technology to access the Dragon Isles and center the Dragon Isles around First One tech and lore.

We could do the same with Tinkers and Dark Rangers.
    Last edited by Edoll; 2022-04-05 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    I'm very much thinking housing here. Of all the options open, that seems like the one that would best fit with WoW & would require a ton of UI work.

Dyes feel like something that could maybe work going forward & would need a ton of UI work, but given the amount of raid armor in the past where Blizz recolored armor between levels, dyes would be a bit weird for past content. Transmog seems unlikely if for no other reason than the WoW transmog system is pretty highly thought of thus far. There may be too many restrictions, but compared to something like FF14 or SWTOR it is light years ahead. Character Creation could use more, but Blizz just improved that system a great deal.
    The problem is taht dyes don't really work for armor as intricate as the one in WoW. Realistically it would just be adding a red sheen on top of armor.
    Contrasting colours and details would mostly be lost, and if you try to work around that by ensuring that each dye makes the armor set look good then it's just as much work as now, just with an unecessary level of complexity.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    It would have to be pretty advanced if it took months.
    Maybe they'll let us customize each spell individually!

Formerly known as Arafal