7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Yeah, the WoW capitals became very dated over the years. They just don't feel like proper capitals. If you want to see how capitals are done right and magnificiently, look at Guild Wars 2. No MMORPG does cities better than ArenaNet. Those capitals feel like that, crowded, populated, they are massive. If Stormwind and Orgrimmar are the "main" faction capitals, they should really be expanded.
    What really screams "outdated" beside crappy textures are those weird, cartoonish angles so many old buildings have.

Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    Also, I'm excited to explore the Dragonflight website once it goes up (during/after official announcement). Interested in the interviews/articles that will follow.
    Bold of you to assume there won't be another oopsie and we won't see the website a few hour before the reveal.

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    SoonTM. Soon we will be speculating even harder as the 19th approaches. Perhaps, another still photo/"real-ish leak" will surface. Then, we shall blast these forums with HYPE on the morning of the announcement, during the announcement, and, hopefully, following the announcement there will be A LOT to talk about (in a good way). Regardless, we will have A TON to talk about. Also, I'm excited to explore the Dragonflight website once it goes up (during/after official announcement). Interested in the interviews/articles that will follow.
    And on the 20th, we will have the 10.x & 11.0 speculation thread

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    And on the 20th, we will have the 10.x & 11.0 speculation thread
    No, this will become the beta hype thread. Only at release will this thread die and the new one rise from the ashes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the WoW capitals became very dated over the years. They just don't feel like proper capitals. If you want to see how capitals are done right and magnificiently, look at Guild Wars 2. No MMORPG does cities better than ArenaNet. Those capitals feel like that, crowded, populated, they are massive. If Stormwind and Orgrimmar are the "main" faction capitals, they should really be expanded.
    Quote Originally Posted by delphiskye View Post
    regarding this if you go to legion dal in the ptr they seem to be attempting this? there is Dalaran citizens and children and also new named npcs there aswell now that i think on it im seeing new named npcs in live too in sw
    As someone who used to RP, I actually hated when they added a bunch of random filler NPCs to Stormwind in BfA (you know, the Teldrassil refugees and such) because they put them directly on top of good RP spots. Now those spots are forever occupied by NPCs that never move. I don't want more cities to meet the same fate, it's really annoying and disruptive to RP.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Diablo also allows for target lock after all.
    So does Monster Hunter Elden Ring and Zelda. WoW isn't the only game to ever exist with responsive gameplay and fluid animation. It has been two decades since WoW released - it would be folly to suggest that it is the pinnacle of possibility regarding quality gameplay.

But as I said, not a hill worth dying on. This isn't something I "worry about" or hold against WoW. It is what it is. This cannot change. But I won't pretend that it's a best-case scenario, 20 years removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    What really screams "outdated" beside crappy textures are those weird, cartoonish angles so many old buildings have.

Classic WoW will never age. It has very particular set of graphics that are cartoonish and just won't look or feel old, ever. I'd argue some of the old models look way better than the new "HD" models WoW has done.

If we ever get WoW 2 the graphics engine will be completely new so they will have a lot more freedom to do anything they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    They were supposed to not have auto attacks at all.
    to be fair the designer was more or less winging it the entire time
    im glad we got what we got though

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Bold of you to assume there won't be another oopsie and we won't see the website a few hour before the reveal.
    "Wait and see".

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    As someone who used to RP, I actually hated when they added a bunch of random filler NPCs to Stormwind in BfA (you know, the Teldrassil refugees and such) because they put them directly on top of good RP spots. Now those spots are forever occupied by NPCs that never move. I don't want more cities to meet the same fate, it's really annoying and disruptive to RP.
    This is the chair problem.

You want to sit 10 children down, but you only have 8 chairs. What do you do?

Person A (Anakin, in Star Wars memes, probably Garrosh in WoW): Kill two children.
    Person B (Obi-Wan in Star Wars memes, probably Thrall in WoW) Get two more chairs.

So the very limited number of good RP spots got occupied by NPCs that were added in to make the capital of the whole Alliance less of a ghost town. You could cut out NPCs again, or you could show some love to the RP community. I'd prefer the latter.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    Classic WoW will never age.
    Eh.. it already does.

Standing on Thoradins wall comparing Hillsbrad textures to HD Arathi ones is like night and day.
    Same with the scar in Tirisfal and its surroundings, if it wasn't for the massive fog to conceal it.
    Lvling in Ardenweald or Zandalar and then running around Ashenvale or Stranglethorn feels like you logged off from retail altogether and started playing classic.

I think we are just so used to the old polygons and pixels that we don't perceive them as outdated, but with each expansion improving the games graphical quality even that starts to go away.

Formerly known as Arafal

5+ Year Old Account
    dont worry these are not stationary npcs they move around the city although i have shed a tear old emma it seems is either bugged or has demtia she stands her home now stating her lines thing is there is no-one there to get water for...
    do not annoy the dragon for you are small crunchy and good with sauce

That's why we need proper housing.

With maybe some "houses" that are actually build like taverns, inns or temples.

Last edited by uikolertekopoku; 2022-04-08 at 11:49 AM.

I think you have it backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Dragons View Post
    to be fair the designer was more or less winging it the entire time
    im glad we got what we got though
    I mean MoP-Monk to SL-Monk is totally different. They gutted the MoP-Monk in Legion, which is a shame, because back then the class had unique gameplay mechanics. Now it's playing like everything else (maybe except Brewmaster).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by uikolertekopoku View Post
    Very First Ones > Before Ones
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Very First Ones > Before Ones
    Zero Ones > Very First Ones

Quote Originally Posted by uikolertekopoku View Post
    Zero Ones > Very First Ones
    Minus First Ones > Zero Ones > Very First Ones.

We can keep going. This just shows how dumb the First Ones are as a concept.

7+ Year Old Account
    Titans < First Ones < Very First Ones < Before Ones < Billy from Gymnastics class < Outside Ones < Previous Ones < Earlier Ones

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Titans < First Ones < Very First Ones < Before Ones < Billy from Gymnastics class < Outside Ones < Previous Ones < Earlier Ones
    Where are The Second Ones?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.