5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypester View Post
    The black = bad thing doesn’t hold up when the characters mentioned are literally painted midnight black.

As mentioned earlier, black humans having no lore and only existing as raiders or bandits (and being tied to STRANGLETHORN) is more problematic than black tauren being bad. Especially when it’s pretty much just one of them.
    I mean they changed a lot of NPCs in the overworld to use the black features. Walk around Stormwind sometime. They also changed some NPC's in Silvermoon to be black as well. Kul'Tiras has had black NPC's for awhile. None of these characters are evil or shady.

The leading character in Exile's reach for Alliance (something ALL new players go through IIRC) is black with a black son.

This is literally just people making up misinformation then creating a fake group of people to get outraged at their misinformation. Very very strange behavior lol.

Black representation in WoW is fine.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Obsidian and Azure sound way better, yes.

Didn't expect this to segue into weird and sensitive territory so fast, it's literally a jab at how misguided it would be to homogenize all dragons to be one thing because the fucked up metaphor speaks for itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Not sure why sadly. Potential success of DI does not diminish potential success of D4. It only attracts players to other game. Mobile games at their core are not some evil force that fucks over other, "legit" games.
    No, but they are often riddled with shallow gameplay and gacha hooks. One could argue they're highly exploitative as well since they usually target younger demographics. They're certainly not all bad, but I also don't really blame people for chastising their popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    I mean they changed a lot of NPCs in the overworld to use the black features. Walk around Stormwind sometime.
    So they erased White NPCs, and turned them Black?

Quote Originally Posted by uikolertekopoku View Post
    So they erased White NPCs, and turned them Black?
    This is a totally honest and reasonable take that's going to go somewhere.

In any event, they made background characters more diverse, but actual main characters is another story. Give it time, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    That's the current state of affairs, but there's still no canon black character of any consequence who isn't a bandit or a dragon. I'm surprised that Twitter hasn't gone on a jihad over it or over the fact that all good stems a blue-eyed blonde man from a hereditary monarchy.
    Honestly they really should have made the attempt to introduce some people of color over time. They'd probably do it for quotas but I'd have done it anyhow because representation doesn't just matter, it's also fun. Honestly they could even change the color of some existing people. I mean, I get that you cannot make Jaina black because there is so much merchandise with her. But Turalyon could have come back black. I mean dragons in WC2 looked green. . .

Also, the hottest male in WoW looks middle eastern (and is a child, but let's keep forgetting that cause it makes me uncomfortable)
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-04-08 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Local Ardenweald Faerie View Post
    Obsidian Dragonflight sounds a lot cooler than the Black Dragonflight, honestly.

Please tell me I'm not alone in that.
    I agree, obsidian sounds much cooler. All of them sound better using precious stones tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I agree, obsidian sounds much cooler. All of them sound better using precious stones tbh.
    I just went by D&D gem dragons. The black ones were called obsidian.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Also, the hottest male in WoW looks middle eastern (and a child, but let's keep forgetting that cause it makes me uncomfortable)
    "...in dragon years!"

At least I assume you mean Wrathion. Weird fantasy age nonsense aside, he's definitely fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Also, the hottest male in WoW looks middle eastern (and is a child, but let's keep forgetting that cause it makes me uncomfortable)
    That doesn't sound like babby Brad Pitt Anduin from the cinematics, so I have to condemn your taste.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Knight of the Astral Star Local Ardenweald Faerie's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Ruby, Emerald, Azure, Obsidian... don't know what the Bronze dragonflight would be renamed to but I guess Bronze already fits.

Yeah. I wouldn't complain.

Quote Originally Posted by uikolertekopoku View Post
    C‘mon

Where do you get these images from?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    Blizzard is great at being feigned progressive while being kinda tone deaf
    Case in point, they once gave the job of announcing the Hearthstone card Kun the Forgotten King (Pronounced "coon") to a black employee.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Yeah, because removing leveling from an MMO sounds so amazing and game saving. I can't wait to not gain any levels going through the zones because it just feels so good when my character doesn't progress. And then you have four incomplete classes (that they would spin into "micro classes") and housing that's going to eat up all of Blizzard's resources so the rest of the expansion will be shit and devoid of content. Sounds great.

Could be. I hope that's it.
    Removing leveling *does* sound game-saving though. It’d be absolutely amazing to not have to level alts anymore and have them ready for endgame progression (after story content) as soon as the expac starts.

Let us start progression at the very beginning. Sounds exactly like a good gamble to take.

If you really enjoy leveling THAT much, there’s going to be endless amounts of it via Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Case in point, they once gave the job of announcing the Hearthstone card Kun the Forgotten King (Pronounced "coon") to a black employee.
    I mean they literally revealed Kun at Blizzcon the same day they announced the expansion. Gonna call sus on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Sylvanas being used by an abusive man yet again after finding her emancipation...

Kerrigan's entire redemption being contingent on her relationship with a man rather than her own personal decisions...

Seemingly opposing execution but allowing the sparing of certain individuals to lead to untold amounts of worse suffering, but not addressing or discussing this...

The lack of properly delineating vengeance vs. justice and thus making it look like there's finger waggling happening at the expense of people who are seeking the end of harmful people still at large (at the time)...

Allowing for personal definitions of "honor" to justify cleaning your hands of something in a sanctimonious way when you've been complicit in just as much shit and didn't seem to care outside your narrow viewpoint...

The sanctimony of putting a rape-forgiver (Alex) on a pedestal as the most morally supreme person to imply the alternative is somehow wrong...

They've got it all!
    Last edited by Vakir; 2022-04-08 at 08:50 PM.

The leveling experience requires a huge amount of developer time that can be redirected to the parts of the game people actually enjoy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zankai27 View Post
    Removing leveling *does* sound game-saving though. It’d be absolutely amazing to not have to level alts anymore and have them ready for endgame progression (after story content) as soon as the expac starts.

Let us start progression at the very beginning. Sounds exactly like a good gamble to take.

If you really enjoy leveling THAT much, there’s going to be endless amounts of it via Classic.
    so remove a tool where you set up the setting and characters for endgame stuff? Because if they removed adding a new level cap and just had the zones with quests it would be way bigger of a drag for many people. And unless they put some other incentive (which alts also need) in the quests nobody would do them.

Being ready for endgame from the start just sounds stupid. Its putting the people that did high end previous tier at an advantage, and the point of the increased level cap is to remove that advantage.

As for leveling alts, SL has been boring for that (as someone who levels all classes before the next expac) but not a drag or taking to lang. Takes literally one afternoon. The issue is all the systems for me that I need to do afterwards.

And saying if you enjoy leveling play classic also doesn't make sense, because I love leveling in new expacs to get time to get introduced to the new/spotlight characters, go through the class updates/new system in increments, introduce to some dungeons while leveling, explore the zones, slowly phase out my gear from previous expac and plan on what next
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by puddypounce View Post
    The leveling experience requires a huge amount of developer time that can be redirected to the parts of the game people actually enjoy.
    Eh, back when we had sub numbers we could see in multiple expacs people subbing, doing the leveling content and then after a while unsubbing. So I am very much unsure that players only enjoy endgame. Perhaps the only players left are those who enjoy endgame.

I for one would love to get full zones of story after launch. And we sort of do but it is extremely timegated so you don't really get to enjoy it because it feels less like playing a game and more like watching a weekly TV series. "This week in Wow!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    so remove a tool where you set up the setting and characters for endgame stuff? Because if they removed adding a new level cap and just had the zones with quests it would be way bigger of a drag for many people. And unless they put some other incentive (which alts also need) in the quests nobody would do them.

Being ready for endgame from the start just sounds stupid. Its putting the people that did high end previous tier at an advantage, and the point of the increased level cap is to remove that advantage.

As for leveling alts, SL has been boring for that (as someone who levels all classes before the next expac) but not a drag or taking to lang. Takes literally one afternoon. The issue is all the systems for me that I need to do afterwards.

And saying if you enjoy leveling play classic also doesn't make sense, because I love leveling in new expacs to get time to get introduced to the new/spotlight characters, go through the class updates/new system in increments, introduce to some dungeons while leveling, explore the zones, slowly phase out my gear from previous expac and plan on what next
    Imagine if you will if each xpac revamped a few zones and those zones were enough to level a new alt. You now have original content to do with alts.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Where do you get these images from?
    --- snip ---

Mod Edit: Try scaling down images before posting them.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2022-04-09 at 02:21 AM. Reason: Removed Giant Image

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    That doesn't sound like babby Brad Pitt Anduin from the cinematics, so I have to condemn your taste.
    All I have to say is Wrathion on Mercenaries.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-04-08 at 09:06 PM.