1. #3841
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    What does this even mean? It's a .2 patch disguised as a .1 patch and it should be rated as such. And as a .2 patch it's not even one of the biggest ones, it's just a decently sized content patch, nothing more or less. Both 7.2 and 8.2 had more going for them than 9.1.
    No. It’s a .1 patch.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Legion had (arguably) a bigger .1 tbh. And it doesn’t even have a new zone.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    .1 patches are usually rather small and don't offer a lot of new stuff. They do not contain new zones or catch up gear, .2 patches usually contain that stuff. Guess what, this time the .1 patch contains both of that. I'm calling 9.1 a .2 patch because it's exactly that when it comes to gameplay and content.

    And yes, I absolutely do not expect a 9.3 as this would delay the next expansion at least until Q2/23, which is absurd to think of.
    That just means 9.1 has the stuff of a .2 patch. Does mean it is a .2 patch.

    :/

    - - - Updated - - -

    People really love to use half-baked logic huh?

  2. #3842
    Scarab Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    4,465
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    People really love to use half-baked logic huh?
    W/e fits their wild theories they have been selling as facts for half a year already.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

  3. #3843


    BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAA

  4. #3844
    Field Marshal hipolnalrt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    67
    Hey all - I know this is going to be shot down, and I've mentioned this in other threads, but I wanted to put my thoughts down.

    I think the next expansion is going to be some sort of time travel expansion, likely with dragons. The Infinite Dragonflight will be involved as one of the antagonists. This will allow for a storyline involving bringing Yrel to our timeline setting up 11.0 as the Light vs Void expansion. I'm sure this will also have some sort of larger cosmos enemy as the 'true' enemy of the expansion.

    Why do I think this?

    1. The new statue that whispers in 9.1. A decent chunk of these whispers mention something to do with time:

    Everliving Statuette: Hope. Betrayal. Sacrifice. Faces change. The tale does not.
    Everliving Statuette: So many secrets, so little time left to share them.
    Everliving Statuette: A city of secrets. A history of lies.
    Everliving Statuette: The seventh covets what the six hold fast. The fulcrum wavers. All will be undone.

    That last whisper, I believe, is referring to a possible 7th cosmic force. I believe this seventh cosmic force is Time. Right now Temporal magic is relegated to the domain of Order, which is why it 'covets what the six hold fast'. But, if the First Ones created the cosmic forces, there must've been a time before the creation of these when they didn't exist, so Time had to exist before Order. The Tazavesh Lore Book in the new dungeon also brings up the idea that there is a seventh cosmic force that existed before the 6 that where the First Ones existed. This seventh force allowed for the ordering of the 6 cosmic forces we know about.

    https://www.wowhead.com/news/tazaves...-of-the-322938

    2. NPC Hint - Timecap'n Hooktail

    In the new dungeon in 9.1, one of the bosses is an Infinite Dragon. This implies there is some sort of connection between the Brokers, Korthia, and the Infinite Dragonflight.

    https://ptr.wowhead.com/news/pirate-...ilities-321856

    3. Non-Combat Pet hint - Timeless Mechanical Dragonling

    Buried in the patch notes for 9.1 is this new non-combat pet. It's going to be sold by the same NPC that sells other WoW anniversary items in the Caverns of Time. It looks like it costs the same currency as well. So, we can conclude that this will likely be a reward for the next anniversary. It's flavor text is:

    Dragons come in all types of temporal classification -- timeless, time-lost, and even infinite.

    Why would this be the reward for this anniversary? Generally the rewards are connected to current or past content. Maybe we can expect some kind of announcement the anniversary this year. Additionally the end of the flavor text, "even infinite" seems to have special emphasis.

    What would be a better way to celebrate a 10.0 of World of Warcraft than to have a time travel expansion where we can potentially relive some of the best moments in Warcraft history?

    World of Warcraft: Infinite.

    Thanks for your time.

    https://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=179125/t...cal-dragonling

  5. #3845
    The Insane Arafal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Invading your mind
    Posts
    16,176
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    snip
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAA
    I don't get it. what's funny about that picture?

    Trans Rights are Human Rights // Elune Says Queer Rights!


  6. #3846
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    I'm sure the raid will be fine - they've been on rails for years now. Variations on the Torghast / Maw theme is not going to make you love the aesthetic if you're already tired of it.



    Similar to the raid, it's still very Maw-esque in terms of aesthetics, even if it's a variation. I personally think no matter how you slice it, the zone is boring and ugly. Patch zones have never been that great looking though, so par for the course. Still doesn't help that the zone mechanics aren't that interesting or creative - world content has never been Blizz's strong suit and I guess they need to do an expansion to address that.


    You have to wait for 9.2 or possibly 9.1.5 to do it on M+. Sure, maybe transmog, but when you get like 5 different reskins of the disc mount, it cheapens it and will probably have people not care all that much.



    I personally don't care that much about the legendary issue, but it goes to show how little foresight Blizz has with these systems (which they told us they wouldn't add any more during the patch content, yet here we are). Everything seems so ad-hoc and not given much attention. The system is boring, I don't see how it "add[s] spice". The gems are just damage bonuses, nothing is spec / class specific, none of it changes how you play. It's a fire and forget system that has some negative consequences for players. Nobody asked for this system.



    The solution is to gear the game away from the go go go e-sport mindset that Blizz has fostered for years and now is apparently doubling down on.



    It still doesn't address that Torghast is a boring slog, there's not enough anima powers still, and the ones you get aren't that interesting. The talent system is fine, but it should have been there at launch and really just makes it less annoying to do, not more fun. And oh boy, more mount reskins and pets most people don't care about. The transmog is cool though, but wish there was more of it.



    Nothing can stop the bad press because this expansion is extremely phoned in and uninspired. Blizz clearly has no vision of what they want the game or where it should go, and they're just throwing darts at the wall hoping something sticks. After a terrible expansion, they needed to knock it out of the park and SL has been milquetoast at best.



    It's a reskin of the dragonhawk / ray models we got in Nazj / Argus. Same skeleton, new textures / 3d stuff = reskin still. It's an ugly mount that probably will come with the same problems those mounts have, where you're player sits at an angle where they look like they're falling off and stare at the sky.
    The raid probalby won't make people love the aesthetic, but a raid rarely does. The point you tried to make was what the raid was Dead on Arrival simply because it shared superficial similarities to a contentious piece of content, which only narrowly escapes being called absurd because the community has shown it is willing to complain about literally everything.

    Some people will love the new zone for looking like the Maw except with better mechanics, some will hate it. This would then be no different from how some people hate Vashj'ir with a passion and some consider it their most favorite zone by far. Korthia looks like it fits the general Maw aesthetic, but is also different enough to make it clear it is not just made by copy-pasted Maw assets.

    5 different recolors of hte same mount is rarely a problem really. The only times I ever hear someone complain about mount recolors is when they express disappointment over a specific one not being available. Unless the mount is really, really generic and bland in coloration then people will almost instantly spot the one that requires time and effort to get, and that is if they care at all.

    The gems add something. It's tier sets-lite. At worst they are items with "Equip: Deal X% more damage". Some players enjoy this kind of stuff, some players don't. Since when has gear been improved by being flat stick sticks anyways?

    So your solution for M+ the gamemode lots of players enjoy and dedicate their WoW time to is to remove it? That doesnt seem very conducive to giving the impression Blizzard is listening ot the playerbase.

    So again your revolutionary solution to improve Torghast is to not attempt to fix it since its broken? I am confused on the mechanics of that line of logic.
    Yes Torghast could have been better, but so could literally any system. Should Blizzard just have scrapped Mythic+ because the initial version in Legion had room for improvement?


    Also I have to be honest. How is Shadowlands the final straw for Blizzard where they clearly phoned it in? Either the expansion is overly ambitious and failed miserably, or its boring and uninspired. It can't be both.
    Besides, what part of Shadowlands is the one that really proves Blizzard was particularly lazy? Was it the attempt at improvements on the daily Emissary model? Was it the new Torghast system? Was it the wide-spanning covenants?

    If your argument is that Shadowlands is boring because the theme is terrible then I can agree on that, but going by the forum posts 2+ years back I was clearly in a minority on it being a bad idea. And if the forums were all adamant that Shadowlands was a great idea then who am I to argue? Clearly Blizzard should just listen to their playerbase at all times, except of course when its a bad idea, in that case they should ignore them.


    The Dragonhawk is a model that is closely related to the Blood Elves. Sylvanas was a Blood Elf. This is a high-quality Dragonhawk model you get from Sylvanas.
    The argument that mounts don't always look good is true and all, but I don't really get what you want to get from arguing it. Are you saying that Blizzard should have not given a thematically fitting mount?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Honestly, I don't think Korthia is a marvel of game development.
    Well what do you expect? When Blizzard tries ot make a unique zone the playerbase revolts. Just look at how many consider Revendreth to be the spawn of Satan because it dares to not make the zone navigable in a straight line across.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  7. #3847
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    As someone who hasn't been subbed for 2 months
    Is this the new "as a vegan ..."?

  8. #3848
    Quote Originally Posted by hipolnalrt View Post
    -snip-
    I would be down for that. Dragons and timetravel. Seems like it would be quite fun and with lots of interesting opportunities for instanced content and storytelling.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  9. #3849
    Dreadlord Lady Atia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    979
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I don't get it. what's funny about that picture?
    Me neither. I actually like her transmog and the doggo is quite cute.

  10. #3850
    Quote Originally Posted by hipolnalrt View Post
    Hey all - I know this is going to be shot down, and I've mentioned this in other threads, but I wanted to put my thoughts down.

    World of Warcraft: Infinite.

    Thanks for your time.
    Not bad. I wouldn't mind any of that.

  11. #3851
    I am Murloc! Geisl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    On the frontline
    Posts
    5,341
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Me neither. I actually like her transmog and the doggo is quite cute.
    Yeah, I actually thought it was wild that's an Undead that almost looks Human too - pretty neat.

  12. #3852
    Dreadlord Lady Atia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    979
    Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    Yeah, I actually thought it was wild that's an Undead that almost looks Human too - pretty neat.
    Yes! Honestly the only thing blizzard needs to add for undead is a straight back option. Would look sooooo good!

  13. #3853
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I don't get it. what's funny about that picture?
    The Skybox. :/

  14. #3854
    The Insane Arafal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Invading your mind
    Posts
    16,176
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    The Skybox. :/
    What about it?

    Trans Rights are Human Rights // Elune Says Queer Rights!


  15. #3855
    Quote Originally Posted by hipolnalrt View Post
    Hey all - I know this is going to be shot down, and I've mentioned this in other threads, but I wanted to put my thoughts down.

    I think the next expansion is going to be some sort of time travel expansion, likely with dragons. The Infinite Dragonflight will be involved as one of the antagonists. This will allow for a storyline involving bringing Yrel to our timeline setting up 11.0 as the Light vs Void expansion. I'm sure this will also have some sort of larger cosmos enemy as the 'true' enemy of the expansion.

    Why do I think this?

    1. The new statue that whispers in 9.1. A decent chunk of these whispers mention something to do with time:

    Everliving Statuette: Hope. Betrayal. Sacrifice. Faces change. The tale does not.
    Everliving Statuette: So many secrets, so little time left to share them.
    Everliving Statuette: A city of secrets. A history of lies.
    Everliving Statuette: The seventh covets what the six hold fast. The fulcrum wavers. All will be undone.

    That last whisper, I believe, is referring to a possible 7th cosmic force. I believe this seventh cosmic force is Time. Right now Temporal magic is relegated to the domain of Order, which is why it 'covets what the six hold fast'. But, if the First Ones created the cosmic forces, there must've been a time before the creation of these when they didn't exist, so Time had to exist before Order. The Tazavesh Lore Book in the new dungeon also brings up the idea that there is a seventh cosmic force that existed before the 6 that where the First Ones existed. This seventh force allowed for the ordering of the 6 cosmic forces we know about.

    https://www.wowhead.com/news/tazaves...-of-the-322938

    2. NPC Hint - Timecap'n Hooktail

    In the new dungeon in 9.1, one of the bosses is an Infinite Dragon. This implies there is some sort of connection between the Brokers, Korthia, and the Infinite Dragonflight.

    https://ptr.wowhead.com/news/pirate-...ilities-321856

    3. Non-Combat Pet hint - Timeless Mechanical Dragonling

    Buried in the patch notes for 9.1 is this new non-combat pet. It's going to be sold by the same NPC that sells other WoW anniversary items in the Caverns of Time. It looks like it costs the same currency as well. So, we can conclude that this will likely be a reward for the next anniversary. It's flavor text is:

    Dragons come in all types of temporal classification -- timeless, time-lost, and even infinite.

    Why would this be the reward for this anniversary? Generally the rewards are connected to current or past content. Maybe we can expect some kind of announcement the anniversary this year. Additionally the end of the flavor text, "even infinite" seems to have special emphasis.

    What would be a better way to celebrate a 10.0 of World of Warcraft than to have a time travel expansion where we can potentially relive some of the best moments in Warcraft history?

    World of Warcraft: Infinite.

    Thanks for your time.

    https://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=179125/t...cal-dragonling
    No.

    Time is a construct of Order. This has been stated many times.

  16. #3856
    Dreadlord Lady Atia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    979
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    The Skybox. :/
    Oh. I thought the skybox change was already known? My guess is the Jailer will use his chains to pull Oribos into the Maw, similiar to Korthia.

  17. #3857
    The Insane Arafal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Invading your mind
    Posts
    16,176
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Oh. I thought the skybox change was already known? My guess is the Jailer will use his chains to pull Oribos into the Maw, similiar to Korthia.
    Other way around actually, he's expanding the Maw so it envelopes the city.

    Trans Rights are Human Rights // Elune Says Queer Rights!


  18. #3858
    Field Marshal hipolnalrt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    No.

    Time is a construct of Order. This has been stated many times.
    Well my argument was that Time existed before Order, and then got relegated to Order afterwards. And everything that occurs in the Warcraft universe is so set in stone, huh... but besides that, no to the whole thing? What about the Brokers' connection to the Infinite Dragonflight?

  19. #3859
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    What about it?
    Smh

    It's different.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by hipolnalrt View Post
    Well my argument was that Time existed before Order, and then got relegated to Order afterwards. And everything that occurs in the Warcraft universe is so set in stone, huh... but besides that, no to the whole thing? What about the Brokers' connection to the Infinite Dragonflight?
    Brokers have connections to everything, and we don't know if Time is bound by anything. Death is not at all affected by Time, and the concept of Time holds no sway within the Emerald Dream. This logic applies to the Nether aswell, as the realm as well as the Demons transcend time also.

  20. #3860
    Field Marshal hipolnalrt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post

    Brokers have connections to everything, and we don't know if Time is bound by anything. Death is not at all affected by Time, and the concept of Time holds no sway within the Emerald Dream. This logic applies to the Nether aswell, as the realm as well as the Demons transcend time also.
    But time does seem to affect the Shadowlands. There are past events that have occurred in the Shadowlands. Sure Time as we understand it through the lens of Order may not affect the Shadowlands or the Emerald Dream, but Time exists inside of them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •