Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    I believe the general idea is a class that evokes, or calls upon, the powers of a dragon.
    Oh, that's just a Dragonsworn then, isn't it? Or this like, a dragon-summoner rather than someone with the powers of dragons?

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Feniela and Scaleface, who supposedly know what's in store, are teasing it.

An Evokar would evoke the powers of the dragonflights, not summon things.
    I see; still just sounds like a Dragonsworn (a concept that already exists via the RPG books) by a different name; Evoker is a weird name for a dragon class, IMO, even if they don't go with the Dragonsworn name. Like, what?

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    April 3 2022, 3:20:01 AM Central European Summer Time
    The first name post in our thread (#35204) on page 1761 is showing as:

April 3, 2022, 12:20 AM GMT+1 for me. That's one hour behind CEST(?) So
    April 3, 2022, 01:20 AM?

Did I fuck up math?

I believe it was posted on twitter before it was posted on reddit, but I don't use either so I'm not 100% sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yeah, I have serious doubts that that is true. Blizzard wouldn’t just materialize a class and race out of thin air without any seeding or background in the game world. If they didn’t do it for Shadowlands, they’re not going to do it in this expansion, especially with Alexstraza on the cover.
    They way Blizzard came up with a pantheon of Death they can also come up with a new dragon related class.

An Evoker class themed around calling on the powers of each dragon flight would be pretty rad.

Mail based with specs for Healing (Chronomancer), Ranged DPS (Evoker?) and Melee DPS (Spellblade/Battle-Mage).

I can get behind this.

Edit - Just have it be Dragonsworn with the specs as Chronomancer, Evoker and Spellblade. Maybe that's where the idea of Evoker and Chronomancer is coming from - the person has seen spec listing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I strongly considered pointing this out, but the artwork itself seemed really enough and didn't return anything from minor searching (besides the fact that the staff is frustratingly familiar) and the name was right so I didn't prod too much into it

Also this isn't quite accurate, regular Classic's logo was also an unframed subtitle.

Which I feel like is another point against this logo... it seemed like they were doing the unframed thing to distinguish Classic as being not an expansion, but a modification of existing world of warcraft. My first thought was definitely "that's weird and seems fake" ditto the world now being high up instead of framed, but it's entirely possible they just decided to update the image a bit.
    To be fair, vanilla had no subtitle to use, so using the unframed 'Classic' helped differentiate it from retail expansions. With TBC onwards they could have just taken the original logo and appended the 'Classic' to the bottom, but they chose to redesign it entirely by keeping World of Warcraft separate from the expansion title itself, as the Dragonflight picture is doing.

7+ Year Old Account
    The first name post in our thread (#35204) on page 1761 is showing as:

April 3, 2022, 12:20 AM GMT+1 for me. That's one hour behind CEST(?) So
    April 3, 2022, 01:20 AM?

Did I fuck up math?
    CEST is GMT+1, so its still 12:20

edit: actually nvm, CEST is 2 hours ahead GMT so its an hour ahead our summer time. so GMT+1 is an hour behind our summer time
    You are correct. (i think)
    Last edited by Raetary; 2022-04-13 at 02:07 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

I strongly considered pointing this out, but the artwork itself seemed really enough and didn't return anything from minor searching (besides the fact that the staff is frustratingly familiar) and the name was right so I didn't prod too much into it

Also this isn't quite accurate, regular Classic's logo was also an unframed subtitle.

Which I feel like is another point against this logo... it seemed like they were doing the unframed thing to distinguish Classic as being not an expansion, but a modification of existing world of warcraft. My first thought was definitely "that's weird and seems fake" ditto the world now being high up instead of framed, but it's entirely possible they just decided to update the image a bit.
    To be fair, vanilla WoW didn't have any subtitle at all, so appending 'Classic' to the bottom helped differentiate it from retail expansions. With TBC onwards they had the choice of doing the same with the existing expansion logo, but chose to redesign it entirely and decouple it from the World of Warcraft part of the logo, the same that we see in the Dragonflight picture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yusefstrasza View Post
    They way Blizzard came up with a pantheon of Death they can also come up with a new dragon related class.
    That’s different though. A class is a permanent addition to the game, and I’m not sure how you structure an evoker around the dragonflights. The Evokers I see in WoW are essentially mages.

I don't think anyone confirmed Evoker being the real name or not, just that it sounds similar to a mage ability, this is quite puzzling to me and I hope we're not being trolled lol.

That’s different though. A class is a permanent addition to the game, and I’m not sure how you structure an evoker around the dragonflights. The Evokers I see in WoW are essentially mages.
    I just see Evoker as ranged DPS spec for a Dragonsworn class at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    An Evoker class themed around calling on the powers of each dragon flight would be pretty rad.

Mail based with specs for Healing (Chronomancer), Ranged DPS (Evoker?) and Melee DPS (Spellblade/Battle-Mage).

I can get behind this.

Edit - Just have it be Dragonsworn with the specs as Chronomancer, Evoker and Spellblade. Maybe that's where the idea of Evoker and Chronomancer is coming from - the person has seen spec listing.
    I would accept this; I just think Dragonsworn has a lot more snap and pull to it as a name than something nebulous like Evoker; people hear Dragonsworn (or Dragon-something) and they'll think "fuck yeah Dragons are sick" vs. having to explain what an Evoker is

10+ Year Old Account

I can get behind this.

This would make more sense then calling a class evoker

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Evocation is also defined as "the action of invoking a spirit or deity."

So it works.

Further, evoking is derived from French "évoquer" which is itself derived from Latin "evoco" which means "to call out, summon".
    I suppose. Evoker just sounds strange to me.

Now to speculate on the class colour

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I don't think anyone confirmed Evoker being the real name or not, just that it sounds similar to a mage ability, this is quite puzzling to me and I hope we're not being trolled lol.
    The guy quoted a list of names and said one of those is correct.

If he's not trolling, then I genuinely think its just a Dragonsworn class with the specs Chronomancer, Evoker and Spellblade.

All of those were listed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just see Evoker as ranged DPS spec for a Dragonsworn class at this point.
    Yeah, but why call it that and not simply give it the name of the flight it represents? Like Lifebinder, Timewalker, or Earthwarden?

7+ Year Old Account
    IMO Evoker which mainly at the moment revolves around evoking the aspect powers makes sense, later on if needed they can split to other powers but it also means they don't need to build 5 specs to cover all aspects but can merge some, maybe even merging in some non aspect flight?
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Yeah, but why call it that and not simply give it the name of the flight it represents? Like Lifebinder, Timewalker, or Earthwarden?
    Your guess is as good as mine.

I just feel like that way, they can tick off two requested class fantasies in Chronomancer and Spellblade, but instead just have them as specs rather than full fledged classes.

Earthwarden, Lifebinder, Timewarder etc wouldn't really feel appropriate as those are the titles for those particular aspects.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    IMO Evoker which mainly at the moment revolves around evoking the aspect powers makes sense, later on if needed they can split to other powers but it also means they don't need to build 5 specs to cover all aspects but can merge some, maybe even merging in some non aspect flight?
    I imagine if they made it so it was a Dragonsworn class, with the specs Evoker, Chronomancer and Spellblade - then all specs would all borrow abilities from each dragonflight.

Of course Chronomancer would be mainly bronze abilities, but you could throw in some red abilities too. Spellblade and Evoker can be a lot more ranged and varied.

It saves Blizz the headache of trying to design specs around one particular flight.

7+ Year Old Account
    Evoker sounds lame though, Invocator would be a better name choice.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I believe it was posted on twitter before it was posted on reddit, but I don't use either so I'm not 100% sure.
    Was there a link for that twitter source in the reddit thread? Earliest I can find on twitter is 2:03 AM