Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    I hope the final cutscene will be in CGI, but I can dream
    Considering they put a CGI cinematic in game for the first time during BFA, i wouldn't be surprised, especially since we still have the eternal ones models from the cinematic that were only used for like 10 seconds.

Sultanas gets captured

In 9.2 she sacrifices herself to save Anduin with a cringe dialogue about choices and hope

Sylvanas: I chose to save you little lion…I chose hope

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Sultanas gets captured
    Is this some long lost 4th Windrunner sister from Arrubia?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Is this some long lost 4th Windrunner sister from Arrubia?
    Well she is the writer’s sultry banshee queen

It's no secret WoW is doing badly and 9.1 is more or less a flop and fixes nothing substantial about the game.

9.2 is months and months away. Blizzard released 8.2 3 days before the pre-release of Shadowbringers (I believe) and this time they will not have 9.2 for that.

That leads me to believe that they will have to announce 10.0 this year. Probably this fall to be more exact. I don't believe Blizzard can afford to wait until Blizzconline 2022 (in February likely) to announce 10.0 after this shitshow.

They need something to restore the hype.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Jailer claims last sigil, reveals his plans to everyone and Sylvanas, leaves victoriously.

Then, afterwards: We defeat Helya and Vyraz in the Maw, we reforge the Sigils, Denathrius gets taken by the Dreadlords and they either go to Nathreza or somewhere else to wait while Zovaal claims the Sepulcher, Elune and the WQ finally have a chat, Uther's plot continues with Arthas, the Arbiter's sigil is reforged, etc.

Then, 9.2 will be about the Jailer's invasion, the ending of the Covenant Campaigns with us battling Denathrius at Nathreza, us going to the Gardens of Life in order to save Elune and the Pantheon of Life (Hence the mounts), Uther reuniting with Arthas for a bit, the Titan Keepers defeating Helya at Ulduar, us defeating a resurrected Galakrond, Anduin and Sylvanas' arcs ending for the expac (Anduin will live, Sylvanas may likely die), and us stopping Zovaal at the Sepulcher of the First Ones.
    Best guess I’ve read in a while.

9.2 being the final patch, taking us away from the Shadowlands and throwing gear at the player like 8.3 did would be a good band-aid for this expansion and let the playerbase chill for the year it will take afterward for 10.0 to arrive.

Sultanas gets captured

In 9.2 she sacrifices herself to save Anduin with a cringe dialogue about choices and hope

Sylvanas: I chose to save you little lion…I chose hope
    fucking hell, i can actually see a line like this coming.
    fuck, the cringe would the too strong
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Best guess I’ve read in a while.
    I'm honored.

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    fucking hell, i can actually see a line like this coming.
    fuck, the cringe would the too strong
    Oh prepare for a cutscene of Anduin holding her as she dies

Then he’ll actually start being a badass

So 9.2 PTR in August? July?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    It's no secret WoW is doing badly and 9.1 is more or less a flop and fixes nothing substantial about the game.

9.2 is months and months away. Blizzard released 8.2 3 days before the pre-release of Shadowbringers (I believe) and this time they will not have 9.2 for that.

That leads me to believe that they will have to announce 10.0 this year. Probably this fall to be more exact. I don't believe Blizzard can afford to wait until Blizzconline 2022 (in February likely) to announce 10.0 after this shitshow.

They would need to announce it before FFXIV's expansion drop in September.

Gamescon is in August, so we may see a Legion situation where they announce the next expansion there instead of at BlizzCon in February.

Well she is the writer’s sultry banshee queen
    Wouldn't that be Sultranas?

So how exactkly will this go down today? Will they be able to datamine the cinematic as soon as the servers in the US are back up or will the encryption only end once someone has slogged through normal? When will that be in gmt+2?
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    They would need to announce it before FFXIV's expansion drop in September.

Gamescon is in August, so we may see a Legion situation where they announce the next expansion there instead of at BlizzCon in February.
    They don't need to announce it at all. Plus Endwalker isn't out until November.

Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    So 9.2 PTR in August? July?
    Well before the nI would expect a 9.1.5. It doesnt need to be a whole lot, but I would be surprised if Blizzard didnt at least give us the baseline minor patch of glorified hotfix.

Regardless of that though, with the Covenant questline we are due at least 5 more weeks after this one before all the non-repeatable content is available, so I wouldnt hold my breath for an announcement before then, at least not for 9.2.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    So how exactkly will this go down today? Will they be able to datamine the cinematic as soon as the servers in the US are back up or will the encryption only end once someone has slogged through normal? When will that be in gmt+2?
    Someone will neeed to defeat Sylvanas. But given we have dedicated Mythic groups who already outgear that difficulty and have planned for this raid for a while I cannot imagine it will take them long. Maybe 3 hours at the most.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    I hope the final cutscene will be in CGI, but I can dream
    I hope not. The CGI scenes are good if they put them on youtube, but they clash horrible with the game itself. I like the HD ingame cinematics more.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post

I agree with the bad state.. I don’t know about 10.0

FF is growing like hell and the world first things aren’t looking good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiradon View Post
    I agree with the bad state.. I don’t know about 10.0

FF is growing like hell and the world first things aren’t looking good.
    Endwalker is looking like it's going to be FFXIV's Wrath. Both are wrapping up a storyline started about 7-8 years ago. Wrath with WC3 and Endwalker with FF14 in 2014.

Anyway, just here to check out that Sylvanas cinematic. Maybe there will be something in there cool to look forward to besides more Sylvanas wank.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    The main villain of 10.0:

You heard it here first.
    Bobby Kotick?