7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fartlas View Post
    WoW was never a heavily story driven game though, this is why we were thrown into the mantle of adventurers who just happen to be there. We are not Warriors of Light (Or other things from XIV that I won't spoil). We never got any special treatment. If anything, WoW has been trying too hard to match the success of games like XIV recently and failing, it should just go back to the root of what made WoW such an incredible experience. The wonder of adventure and exploration.

I can draw parallels to the recent 6.1 patch of XIV. I love it more than I did the entirety of Endwalker simply because you go back to the basics of what makes any MMO fun. Just adventuring.
    And to add to this, WoW having lore given outside of the game (books, comics, audio dramas, cinematics) has been the case since the start or close to it. Heck nowadays we might be even getting more relevant lore ingame
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    Question for the thread (side tangent):

What is your favorite expansion continent? Or, if you want to be more specific, zone?
    Definitely Pandaria. I felt like a kid there because I actually enjoyed most of the specific zone stories, and because I feel Blizzard was free from constraints of 'established' things and was able to go wild with experimenting and making new things.

What is your favorite expansion continent? Or, if you want to be more specific, zone?
    I love Eredath because it features the origin story for the Void elves! I have spoken with many players both in-game and on the forums and they too agree that Eredath is the best zone in WoW, like me they insist that it's great especially because of the heavy focus on Alleria and the Void!

I would definitely be hyped for 10.0 if it had a zone that shared similar story beats with Eredath, if not 10.0 then surely for 11.0!

7+ Year Old Account

Different answers, Draenor and suramar

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I love Eredath because it features the origin story for the Void elves! I have spoken with many players both in-game and on the forums and they too agree that Eredath is the best zone in WoW, like me they insist that it's great especially because of the heavy focus on Alleria and the Void!

I would definitely be hyped for 10.0 if it had a zone that shared similar story beats with Eredath, if not 10.0 then surely for 11.0!
    Id say Eredath is great simply because of the amazing and well received dungeon

This was harder to pick than I thought when I began writing this, lol. For me it's probably a tie between Northrend and Pandaria, maybe the Broken Isles. Something about those three just felt really coherent and packed full of good lore.

Northrend, Storm Peaks. Great design and great storylines

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    And to add to this, WoW having lore given outside of the game (books, comics, audio dramas, cinematics) has been the case since the start or close to it. Heck nowadays we might be even getting more relevant lore ingame
    We've yet to top the ending of TBC being incomprehensible unless you read tie-in manga that weren't even translated until years later in some regions. Wrath, Legion Mists are the best about not relying on side materials. Cataclysm's beginning hinges on Shattering, WoD is a weird area where the premise hinges on War Crimes, but the details of it have little to do with the expansion. BFA is in a unique category where reading the tie-in book makes you understand the plot less.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2022-04-13 at 09:13 PM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    We've yet to top the ending of SWP being incomprehensible unless you read tie-in manga that weren't even translated until years later in some regions.
    Oh definitely, which is why I LOVE that in SL the raid isn't the final campaign chapter, and we got the stay a while and listen interactions

I am very HYPE for this announcement (regardless of those who feel that the HYPE for 10.0 is significantly lower than previous expansions).
    I’ve never been this hyped for an expansion before. 10.0 will be HUGE, i can feel it

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    You want to be a vampire cause you want a castle with a library the size of Blizzard HQ.
    I know this has been brought up many, many times, but I'd LOVE to have a true, actual Vampire Race (or class, like what ESO does. You get a new set of abilities/Talents when you become a Vampire), that's NOT a DK or a Venthyr. San'layn are almost like what I want, but they're only elves so far.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

WoW was never a heavily story driven game though, this is why we were thrown into the mantle of adventurers who just happen to be there. We are not Warriors of Light (Or other things from XIV that I won't spoil). We never got any special treatment.
    Yes, we did. As early as WotLK, we even got explicitly called out and told to skip the normal process because of who we are.

Frankly, i'm baffled this myth still holds. WoW did that kind of thing before FF14 even released. It's the community pretending the PCs are just "normal people". Blizz hasn't treated them as such for a very long time.

If I can count them as one probably Kul Tiras / Zandalar.

Favorite zone overall - Jade Forest.

WoW was never a heavily story driven game though, this is why we were thrown into the mantle of adventurers who just happen to be there. We are not Warriors of Light (Or other things from XIV that I won't spoil). We never got any special treatment. If anything, WoW has been trying too hard to match the success of games like XIV recently and failing, it should just go back to the root of what made WoW such an incredible experience. The wonder of adventure and exploration.

I can draw parallels to the recent 6.1 patch of XIV. I love it more than I did the entirety of Endwalker simply because you go back to the basics of what makes any MMO fun. Just adventuring.
    But the thing is YOU can do both tbh. You can just be an adventurer and not the famed savior of world and still have npc friends that remembers you with dialogues and stuff

I do agree WoW was never that way and did recently tried and failed. But Legion was somewhat okay, WoD too. But BFA and SL was a failure and we just felt there without being there, which sucks.

We've yet to top the ending of TBC being incomprehensible unless you read tie-in manga that weren't even translated until years later in some regions. Wrath, Legion Mists are the best about not relying on side materials. Cataclysm's beginning hinges on Shattering, WoD is a weird area where the premise hinges on War Crimes, but the details of it have little to do with the expansion. BFA is in a unique category where reading the tie-in book makes you understand the plot less.
    Honestly I read the manga and still don't understand the Anveena tangent.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Honestly I read the manga and still don't understand the Anveena tangent.
    I have no idea why the Sunwell turned into a random farm girl, why she hooked up with a dragon, or what, if any relation that had to reigniting the Sunwell given they later say M'uru's the one to do it.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

I’d say Northrend

As a zone alone, Stormheim.

Continent? Pandaria overall. Maybe tied with Kul Tiras

Specific zones are harder to define as I like different zones for different reasons. I really like spooky zones (OG Duskwood, silverpine, etc).

I also like the really atmospheric... it's hard to describe so I'll go by continent. It's all about the mood.

Kalimdor: OG Winterspring and Feralas
    EK: Duskwood, Silverpine, Hinterlands
    Northrend: Grizzly Hills, Storm Peaks
    Pandaria: Pre ruined Vale, Valley of the Four Winds, Jade Forest
    Cata: Uldum, Hyjal, Vashj'ir
    Draenor: SMV
    Outlands: Nagrand, I also liked the elf island with all the dailies
    Legion: Azsuna, Val'Sharah, Suramar. Honestly I liked them all but those 3 especially.(except broken shore, hated that place)
    BFA: Drustvar, Nazmir
    SL: Eh didn't like any of them gameplaywise, but mood wise, Ardenweald and Revendreath, and Bastion was cool looking. Maldraxus I hate the look of but liked the convenant lol.

Generally I hate 'mordor' style zones where everything is ugly/awful. Plaguelands, broken shore, etc. I hate the trend in video games where the 'endgame' zones or final leveling zones are wastelands of fire and brimstone and/or plague.

Ugh, look who still didn't get the message.
    I have no idea why the Sunwell turned into a random farm girl, why she hooked up with a dragon, or what, if any relation that had to reigniting the Sunwell given they later say M'uru's the one to do it.
    I think Blizzard has tried hard to just forget that whole nonsense. IMO, TBC was by far their weakest storytelling in all of WoW because the whole story just didn't make any sense whatsoever.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    Did you just copy that other (nice) dude's username and post absolute garbage?

But why?
    That's like the third copycat account he has made.

Just report and don't engage.

Formerly known as Arafal

I just ran into this "Obsidian Prophet" during a Black Dragonflight event in Island Expeditions:

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=138484/obsidian-prophet

Very interesting palette for an 'Obsidian' dragonkin.. What do we think it means? Probably a hint, right? seeing as it's a "Prophet"

Lunar flight confirmed? kek
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!