The only way I see them properly contesting FFXIV is not only revealing 10.0 sometime this year, but releasing 9.1.5 in a way where they actually fix a lot of the core issues people have with Shadowlands. Systems-related issues.

Obviously 9.1.5 is not going to be a beefy content patch that can compete with Endwalker. But it can possibly undo a lot of the bad karma surrounding SL if the devs take their heads out of their asses and humble themselves. I don't see it happening, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    A patch announcement for an expansion that many view as below average at best isn’t good enough. People want to know when this expansion is over and where we’re going next. They need an expansion announcement.
    We survived WoD and BfA
    They don’t need an expansion announcement

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    The only way I see them properly contesting FFXIV is not only revealing 10.0 sometime this year, but releasing 9.1.5 in a way where they actually fix a lot of the core issues people have with Shadowlands. Systems-related issues.

Obviously 9.1.5 is not going to be a beefy content patch that can compete with Endwalker. But it can possibly undo a lot of the bad karma surrounding SL if the devs take their heads out of their asses and humble themselves. I don't see it happening, though.
    9.1.5 changes may include
    Covenant and soulbind tweaks
    Torghast changes
    Vault changes
    Maw intro skip because fuck doing it a 4th time
    Some kind of short quest offering a choice

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    We survived WoD and BfA
    I'm sure the devs of every MMO that failed to compete with WoW and disappeared into obscurity fealt the same way before they fell. The funny thing with last chances is that you only know they are the last in hindsight.

Square Enix thought that after Final Fantasy XI, launched an MMO would be child's play. The result nearly ruined the entire company.

Blizz survived WoD because they announced Legion pretty early in its life cycle. Not long after 6.2, so if we follow the same timetable maybe a few weeks from now. They survived BfA because people honestly believe in the good expac-bad expac pattern, and cause Shadowlands looked good on paper.

I'd rather they did something amazing than take their chances.

We survived WoD and BfA

- - - Updated - - -

9.1.5 changes may include
    Covenant and soulbind tweaks
    Torghast changes
    Vault changes
    Maw intro skip because fuck doing it a 4th time
    Some kind of short quest offering a choice
    There is no need for more Torghast changes, it's fine as it is now. Maybe add some more Twisted Corridors layers, but besides that it's fine already. Same goes for the vault. And maw intro is really quick once you got a maw mount, and gives great XP/hour. Also, they need to add some small things like pet battle dungeons / timewalking / secrets to X.5 patches instead of using them as glorified hotfix. We need new content, not changes for stuff that's not broken lol.

Are US servers still offline?

Trans Rights are Human Rights // Elune Says Queer Rights!

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Are US servers still offline?
    The maintenance has been extended to 2pm Pacific, so still 1 1/2 hours to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    The maintenance has been extended to 2pm Pacific, so still 1 1/2 hours to go.
    Welp, then no cinematic for me today.

Trans Rights are Human Rights // Elune Says Queer Rights!

Same here (literally), looks like I'll only be able to collect on my bet tomorrow.
    MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game...
    But what loser comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users, instead of playing the game they claim to enjoy so much?

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    I'm sure the devs of every MMO that failed to compete with WoW and disappeared into obscurity fealt the same way before they fell. The funny thing with last chances is that you only know they are the last in hindsight.

Square Enix thought that after Final Fantasy XI, launched an MMO would be child's play. The result nearly ruined the entire company.

Blizz survived WoD because they announced Legion pretty early in its life cycle. Not long after 6.2, so if we follow the same timetable maybe a few weeks from now. They survived BfA because people honestly believe in the good expac-bad expac pattern, and cause Shadowlands looked good on paper.

I'd rather they did something amazing than take their chances.
    Yes because announcing an expansion early is amazing….

I’m really confused over this entire situation
    FF14 “beating” WoW during a drought leads to people telling blizzard we need content…we get content then it’s “we need the new expansion to beat theirs” when patches do the job

The best part is the thing stating blizz was losing is impossible to verify without the information only blizz has

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    There is no need for more Torghast changes, it's fine as it is now. Maybe add some more Twisted Corridors layers, but besides that it's fine already. Same goes for the vault. And maw intro is really quick once you got a maw mount, and gives great XP/hour. Also, they need to add some small things like pet battle dungeons / timewalking / secrets to X.5 patches instead of using them as glorified hotfix. We need new content, not changes for stuff that's not broken lol.
    The torghast changes will likely be tuning or more rewards
    The maw not being awful at the intro doesn’t change the fact this is the only expansion in the last 8 years that doesn’t have it
    They might add pet battle dungeon and the next round of TW raids which would be ToT from MoP and Legion TW dungeons
    The vault was marketed as a way for us to target gear…it should be that

I mean there’s a pattern in all this that’s been a thing for years and people are still adamant about “no no no the patch will be different the 20th time I swear”

Yes because announcing an expansion early is amazing….

I’m really confused over this entire situation
    FF14 “beating” WoW during a drought leads to people telling blizzard we need content…we get content then it’s “we need the new expansion to beat theirs” when patches do the job

The best part is the thing stating blizz was losing is impossible to verify without the information only blizz has
    Didn't you get the memo? "WoW ded"

Honestly, people comparing WoD with SL…I don't know how even more delusional one can get.
    At this point it is complaining for the sake of complaining…a severe case of ex-girlfriend-syndrome by people who can't admit their unhealthy relationship to the game.

Tomorrow is the day!

Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    Honestly, people comparing WoD with SL…I don't know how even more delusional one can get.
    I enjoyed WoD more. The setting alone made it more worthwhile than SL.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    Well, the comparison is delusional, but perhaps not in the favor of SL.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    For all I hate about SL's premise at least the Realm of Death has more to do with Azeroth than some weird AU we solved an invasion from in the first 10 minutes.
    WoW has Cancer. First you cut out the cancer (abusive devs), then you assign an aggressive treatment plan (major design rework) to save it.

Or you just let it die because that's too expensive.

FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

Seeing comments like this become more and more common gives me the faith that WoW will be fine for many years to come. It's a 100% chance people will romanticize BFA and SL in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Seeing comments like this become more and more common gives me the faith that WoW will be fine for many years to come. It's a 100% chance people will romanticize BFA and SL in the future.
    We'll probably see SL was so great comments in about 1.5 years. So business as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I also enjoyed BfA. What I didn't enjoy was SL.

Oh shit. I just saw this on 4chan while browsing at work. Could be nonsense but could maybe be true.

What do you think he means by seamless combination of endgame and leveling content?

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post

Oh shit. I just saw this on 4chan while browsing at work. Could be nonsense but could maybe be true.

What do you think he means by seamless combination of endgame and leveling content?
    Nobody got Shadowlands anywhere near 100% correct, so he's already full of it at that point. The rest is just a combination of buzz words and vague details meant to create intrigue.

Sounds more like 4Chan has been just following our wish lists. I hope they're right, but that's because that would mean they're right about what I'm hoping for.