Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    that wasn't Zovaal. However, that was one of his lackeys in the ICC pre-expac experience.
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Stand_as_One
    The Jailer says: Death comes for the soul of your world! All that you see--all that you know--will be undone!
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/guides/prepa...-lore-alliance
    Herald Dalora says: Death comes for the soul of this world.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I'm a simple man. I detest Shadowlands as a setting, so I truly do hope Shadowlands will end with patch 9.2. Nothing of value will be lost.
    I side with this, unless the whole Shamanic folklore gets their own zone in 9.2. That's the way to save this setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Yes, you were correct about the pre-event NPC saying it but my point was Varx was correct.

The fact that all the zone storylines are effectively finished in 9.1s campaign makes me think that the next patch will be a different realm entirely, and therefore this will be a 2 patch expansion. I think it was always planned this way though (see the Maw being mostly finished and the maw armor in 9.0) and it’s not due to budget cuts, but they wanted to make a smaller expansion before 10.0.

I assume the idea is that whatever 10.0 is will be announced around the same time its confirmed its a two patch expansion, and it’s “hype” enough for people not to be mad that they paid for only two patches (world revamp, neutral PVE mode, housing, etc). But maybe this is why the price was reduced in the first place?

There are a few things that don’t get resolved by the last campaign quest though. Namely what happens to Vol’jin, what happens to Denathrius after the Nathrezim steal him and whatever happens to Kyrestia and her magic sword wound. These can all happen in 9.2 though.

I would like Denny and the Nathrezim to survive post Zovaal. They are crafty enough to outlive both the Legion AND Zovaal and the infiltration book implies their story will continue with Lothraxion and an unnamed spy in the Life realm.

- - - Updated - - -

Them saying we will be getting tier sets again lines up with us probably not getting zone armor for whatever 9.2 is, so we'd at least have one patch of tier sets. And while not a lot is pointing to it currently, if there's any time for the Covenants to provide Allied Races it's 9.2 as we have helped them solve their problems and now they have to work with us to go to wherever Zovaal is and bring him down. That could be another "hype point" to deflate the disappointment in only two patches.

I see a lot of posts lately saying they are tired of the SL setting and want to return to Azeroth so... maybe Blizzard planned on this?
    Last edited by Nagawithlegs; 2021-07-12 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Uhm... 8.2 to 8.3 took them almost the same amount of time then as 9.1 to 9.2 (8.2 end of June, 8.3 mid January; 9.1 end of June, 9.2 January / February). With the only exception 9.1 was already 3 months late. I think 9.2 in February is totally reasonable, but only if we're getting the next expansion in Q4/22 (which will be the case).
    ________

Y'all are delusional if you think they're delaying the next expansion until Q3/23 or later, lol.
    10.0 production normally would have started no later than 9.0 release but blizz is behind so obviously the expansion is delayed

9.1 isn’t even out of development just look at the thing

I get that we can use past patch releases to figure out the next but you have to also remember that everything is delayed whether we like it or not

Now this went from someone saying 10 months from September 22 is 24 and now “there’s no possible way they will delay an expansion that’s definitely not already delayed”

If nothing else, the portal that the Jailer opens looks like almost nothing else we've seen (aside from, I think, the location of the Primus' sigil, interestingly).

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    If nothing else, the portal that the Jailer opens looks like almost nothing else we've seen (aside from, I think, the location of the Primus' sigil, interestingly).
    It closely resembles the black, white and gold coloration shown in First One tech and energy. I think he is going for the Sepulcher of the First Ones and/or a First One plane, which aligns with what Primus said he would do.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    It closely resembles the black, white and gold coloration shown in First One tech and energy. I think he is going for the Sepulcher of the First Ones and/or a First One plane, which aligns with what Primus said he would do.
    That's along what I think as well.

At the least, doesn't make me think anywhere on Azeroth, nor the realm of Life like some think.

Definitely curious how it'll look.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    10.0 production normally would have started no later than 9.0 release but blizz is behind so obviously the expansion is delayed

9.1 isn’t even out of development just look at the thing

I get that we can use past patch releases to figure out the next but you have to also remember that everything is delayed whether we like it or not

Now this went from someone saying 10 months from September 22 is 24 and now “there’s no possible way they will delay an expansion that’s definitely not already delayed”
    See, the problem is that not a single soul on Earth wants Shadowlands to last 3 years, so pretty much everyone hopes 10.0 won't be delayed.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    That's along what I think as well.

At the least, doesn't make me think anywhere on Azeroth, nor the realm of Life like some think.

Definitely curious how it'll look.
    I think it'll look pretty close to the Oribos/Korthia style, as their architecture has a similar design to the First One relics and creations such as the robot boss in Sanctum.

This would line up with the tier set thing as we would probably not get a zone-themed armor set (as we already have Oribos gear and Broker weapons resemble them already).

- - - Updated - - -

See, the problem is that not a single soul on Earth wants Shadowlands to last 3 years, so pretty much everyone hopes 10.0 won't be delayed.
    I doubt 10.0 is delayed. Everything pointed to 9.1 being small already, such as the Sanctum armor being in the game already and Tazavesh already being foreshadowed through Broker assets/the lack of an actual "Broker zone". A lot of the Maw was also pointless at launch which points to them planning on expanding it in the next patch.

9.1 being small isn't because of COVID. We are lacking anything that launch was already foreshadowing, there is nothing obviously cut like Faralohn (for all people are wanting the Ancestor/Shaman zone, not much ingame points to it ever existing). The patch was likely designed to be small already, albeit not with such a late release.

My new guess is that the 7th Cosmic Power is actually Steve Danuser himself, from beyond the 4th wall. For 10.x we will cross the 4th wall and enter the mind of Steve Danuser himself, that resembles Azeroth but instead of fighting, everyone is naked and fucking.

If it means we get a full expansion with at least 9.3 I'm fine with that.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Uhm... 8.2 to 8.3 took them almost the same amount of time then as 9.1 to 9.2 (8.2 end of June, 8.3 mid January; 9.1 end of June, 9.2 January / February). With the only exception 9.1 was already 3 months late. I think 9.2 in February is totally reasonable, but only if we're getting the next expansion in Q4/22 (which will be the case).
    ________

Y'all are delusional for believing that an expansion that's already been confirmed to have been delayed in multiple interviews has been delayed, LULZ
    fixed it for you

7+ Year Old Account
    The fact that all the zone storylines are effectively finished in 9.1s campaign makes me think that the next patch will be a different realm entirely, and therefore this will be a 2 patch expansion. I think it was always planned this way though (see the Maw being mostly finished and the maw armor in 9.0) and it’s not due to budget cuts, but they wanted to make a smaller expansion before 10.0.

I assume the idea is that whatever 10.0 is will be announced around the same time its confirmed its a two patch expansion, and it’s “hype” enough for people not to be mad that they paid for only two patches (world revamp, neutral PVE mode, housing, etc). But maybe this is why the price was reduced in the first place?

There are a few things that don’t get resolved by the last campaign quest though. Namely what happens to Vol’jin, what happens to Denathrius after the Nathrezim steal him and whatever happens to Kyrestia and her magic sword wound. These can all happen in 9.2 though.

I would like Denny and the Nathrezim to survive post Zovaal. They are crafty enough to outlive both the Legion AND Zovaal and the infiltration book implies their story will continue with Lothraxion and an unnamed spy in the Life realm.

- - - Updated - - -

Them saying we will be getting tier sets again lines up with us probably not getting zone armor for whatever 9.2 is, so we'd at least have one patch of tier sets. And while not a lot is pointing to it currently, if there's any time for the Covenants to provide Allied Races it's 9.2 as we have helped them solve their problems and now they have to work with us to go to wherever Zovaal is and bring him down. That could be another "hype point" to deflate the disappointment in only two patches.

I see a lot of posts lately saying they are tired of the SL setting and want to return to Azeroth so... maybe Blizzard planned on this?
    I would love Covenant Allied Races in 9.2! Although at that point they need to move the account maximum from 50 to something like 80 or more. I would even pay for it. Would love to have one alt of every race/class combi that's possible some day, lol.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

I'd mostly be okay with SL ending at 9.2. 9.1 effectively took the place of a .2 patch and SL basically skipped over a traditional .1 patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I'd mostly be okay with SL ending at 9.2. 9.1 effectively took the place of a .2 patch and SL basically skipped over a traditional .1 patch.
    Yes. Nothing in this expansion's story has a "missing" chunk that needs to be dealt with in 9.2 before 9.3.

Expansions don't all have to be 3 patches long.

You can build a ship on hopes and dreams but it doesn’t mean it’ll float

All we can realistically hope for is blizzard fixing the annoyances of this expansion and they are doing that
    Torghast was boring and had no rewards
    As much as I don’t personally love the new system it does fix the issues with cosmetic rewards and conduit upgrades

The maw was restrictive and gave no reason to do it daily because you weren’t able to get much done without the eye screwing you
    The removal of the eye and the addition of mounts along with tormentors and assaults fixed that

Catch up was very slow
    They made each campaign chapter give 2 renown on catch up and boosted the drop so much my shaman who started the campaign yesterday is 40 because of lfr, world bosses, and the campaign. The catch up gear is also a decent ilvl and your ability to upgrade the gear is determined by your main’s progress. My main is rank 4 research so my alt has some 220 gear from upgrades

Yes. Nothing in this expansion's story has a "missing" chunk that needs to be dealt with in 9.2 before 9.3.

Expansions don't all have to be 3 patches long.
    Agreed. Expansions don't need to have 3 patches and in fact several expansions had more or less than 3 patches.

TBC: It had 4 content patches.
    MOP: It had 4 content patches.
    WOD: It had 2 content patches.

And Yes 6.1 was a content patch and is acknowledged as such by Blizzard on their official website, no matter how much WoD apologists want to pretend it wasn't one.

WoW players have grown complacent but the truth is that an expansion doesn't need to have 3 content patches, that's not a rule, so Shadowlands could perfectly end with just 2 content patches like WoD.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2021-07-12 at 08:50 PM.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

Agreed. Expansions don't need to have 3 patches and in fact several expansions had more or less than 3 patches.

TBC: It had 4 content patches.
    MOP: It had 4 content patches.
    WOD: It had 2 content patches.

WoW players have grown complacent but the truth is that an expansion doesn't need to have 3 content patches, that's not a rule, so Shadowlands could perfectly end with just 2 content patches like WoD.
    6.1 was not a content patch.