1. #4621
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Shit ton of mounts, pets, weapons, armors, toys, special cloaks are poor replacement for just weapons. Oh sorry - very, very poor. Got ya.



    Not "I guess". Covenants in general (cosmetics rewards for anima/renown + activities, like hunting mirrors for one Venthyr armor or doing abomination weeklies for Necro) are literally it. We have less weapon skins, but whole system is expanded.

    One thing (almost everyone) miss are challenge skins, right now only Kyrians have something similar.
    Covenant system as a whole has power attached
    Thus it’s not keeping the skin system and losing the power system

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    give me the skin system without the power system
    This isn’t the covenant system

  2. #4622
    The Elune cinematic is up for this week and honestly its a bigger disappointment than I had even expected.

    Kind of impressed, honestly.

  3. #4623
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    It wouldn't be horizontal progression either. Horizontal usually means unlocking more options without increasing the individual pieces. The runes for skills/spells in diablo are horizontal, just tacking another system atop another or expanding one system further would still be vertical progression.
    Horizontal would be giving us more artifacts with different trees, but about the same power gain.

  4. #4624
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Horizontal would be giving us more artifacts with different trees, but about the same power gain.
    That's one option, another would be another mutually exclusive tree within the weapon or alternative choices as we see in soulbind trees (if they were added now as an unlock).
    MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis.

  5. #4625
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    35,205
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    The Elune cinematic is up for this week and honestly its a bigger disappointment than I had even expected.

    Kind of impressed, honestly.
    I haven't seen it but I understand the general jist is Elune wanted the Night Elves to die?
    WoW has Cancer. First you cut out the cancer (abusive devs), then you assign an aggressive treatment plan (major design rework) to save it.

    Or you just let it die because that's too expensive.

    FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

  6. #4626
    Scarab Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    4,080
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I haven't seen it but I understand the general jist is Elune wanted the Night Elves to die?
    She didn't kill them, but did not intervene during BfA so the souls could fix Ardenweald draught. But ofc she didn't know they will be sent to the Maw. Either way it paints Elune as a cold bitch. Not really shitting on that story part like many others. This could be easily described as a tough choice, if she deemed that Aerdenweald well-being is more important.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-07-27 at 06:27 PM.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

  7. #4627
    Wait does that mean she bypassed Kyrians and their duties? Weren't they supposed to get the souls in to Shadowlands from our reality? Or do Night Elf souls have a special ''ARDENWEALD ONLY'' stamp?

    I'm so confused.

  8. #4628
    Scarab Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    4,080
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Wait does that mean she bypassed Kyrians and their duties? Weren't they supposed to get the souls in to Shadowlands from our reality? Or do Night Elf souls have a special ''ARDENWEALD ONLY'' stamp?

    I'm so confused.
    What? No. Plenty of Azerothians who didn't end up in Bastion (Morgraine, Kael). It's Wild Gods and elementals (and maybe Nelves) that get defaulted to Aerdenweald.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

  9. #4629
    Brewmaster Pheraz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Feralas, Mount Hyal, Quel'Danil Lodge
    Posts
    1,251
    How much do you hate the night elves of world of warcraft?
    Blizzard writing team: yes
    Vynd | Zorn | Pheraz | Silwyna | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - My personal Kaldorei army <3 Plus lots of voidy high elves <3

  10. #4630
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    35,205
    Saw a great tweet from Perculia that summarizes the fuckup that was Teldrassil great.

    The entire thing was just a Shock Marketing Ploy, there was no point to it outside of shocking players and making them want to play to figure out what happened.

    And to make it worse, after the fact they've jumped through hoops to try and handwave consequence and even justify the Genocide.
    WoW has Cancer. First you cut out the cancer (abusive devs), then you assign an aggressive treatment plan (major design rework) to save it.

    Or you just let it die because that's too expensive.

    FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

  11. #4631
    Having watched the latest cinematic, I think the best start to patch 10.0 would be for Sargeras to return with Illidan in tow, riding a pitlord. We get to join the Light's Crusade, the Titan's Ordering, the Demonic Felfire or the Void's Infinity and set out to conquer the cosmos in the name of one of these powers.

    Sargeras arrives, pulls his sword out of Azeroth and Azeroth is born out of the world as if someone performed a C-section, with the world shattering like a Kinder egg. You hear the faint shouting of Magni as he is becoming more and more distant, floating away on a piece of Azeroth's husk into the dark beyond. The titans come to the rescue of Azeroth, seeing as they've been freed and they have a Power Ranger fistfight with Sargeras in space around the husk of Azeroth.

    The Naaru beam in and Y'rel reads some knock-off Bible in the next cutscene, with the forces of the void's tentacle lords rising from Azeroth's floating crust as their remnants still remained there. We then pick our side, participate in the battle and are sent to our new homeworld by our new overlord(s) of choice.

    They then create a RTS game out of it that is more like Starcraft than Warcraft that has 4 playable factions, with a mobile Warcraft gacha game in tow.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2021-07-27 at 07:06 PM.

  12. #4632
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I haven't seen it but I understand the general jist is Elune wanted the Night Elves to die?
    On the one hand, it seems to be Elune being all "make lemons into lemonade" but on the other it really just seems so boneheaded.

    Sister is in trouble, so she'll just send a lot of Night Elf juice her way without any other word or trying to find out what was going on. Or even realizing that she was really dooming the souls to the Maw in the first place.

    Edit: And also just needlessly cruel. "My sister needs help so I'm gonna intervene and send you to the afterlife instead of letting you become wisps or something because she needs help, sorrys".

  13. #4633
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Edit: And also just needlessly cruel. "My sister needs help so I'm gonna intervene and send you to the afterlife instead of letting you become wisps or something because she needs help, sorrys".
    I mean... most Night Elfs would be probably ok with helping Elunes Sister and safe nature...

  14. #4634
    Scarab Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    4,080
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Edit: And also just needlessly cruel. "My sister needs help so I'm gonna intervene and send you to the afterlife instead of letting you become wisps or something because she needs help, sorrys".
    No one said it was an easy decision, but if Aerdenweal safety was more important, then...
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

  15. #4635
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    No one said it was an easy decision, but if Aerdenweal safety was more important, then...
    Then she could have made sure it didn’t go sideways lol

  16. #4636
    Scarab Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    4,080
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Then she could have made sure it didn’t go sideways lol
    Sure. But still, some people started saying it was all her.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

  17. #4637
    It seems 9.1 is the great BfA face turn. First Sylvanas and now Elune herself seems to heavily imply that the choices in BfA were really just for shock value and to hamfistedly place Sylvanas in a position where she joins the Jailer.

    I am not that mad at Elune intending to send the Nelf souls to the Maw to stave off the drought. It does kinda make sense in a mysterious ways kind of way, and the souls would likely be content knowing they are sent on a mission by their goddess to save nature, and furthermore being able to spend eternity with their loved ones tending to nature.

    I just really question how Elune is aware of the drought being a thing and possibly about to destroy Ardwnweald, but not how the drought came to be.
    With no more dialogue I guess we are left to assume Elune simply assumed there were not any nature aligned souls that had died, which seems questionable at best.


    The writing really is a vacous black hole at this point. BfA was pretty damn terrible, and while I can kinda respect the idea of retconning the worst decisions I really don't think the correct choice was then to turn around and make the entire thing entirely pointless.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  18. #4638
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Wait does that mean she bypassed Kyrians and their duties? Weren't they supposed to get the souls in to Shadowlands from our reality? Or do Night Elf souls have a special ''ARDENWEALD ONLY'' stamp?

    I'm so confused.
    Kyrians just ferry souls to Shadowlands. It was Arbiter who decided which afterlife are you suited towards. I wouldn't say all night elves are automaticaly candidates for Ardenweald, but given their cultural focus on druidism and safekeeping of the wilds, quite a chunk of them will probably end up there, if they do not turn into wisps and stay on Azeroth.

    The problem is, Elune deciding not saving night elves in order to help Ardeanwealds stability, and in that stability of the whole Cycle of Life and Death could be actually interesting and if handled well, you might make night elves "chosen" race which plays vital part in their sacrifice. It could be good. Problem is, we are shown this "Sophie's choice" decision without proper development, stamped in the middle of Korthia campaign, without any previous build up of Life-Death dynamics Ardenwealds is supposed to be about.

    I guess it might be their initial goal with this storyline, but rushing it to its end definitely does not do great justice to the overall storytelling from BfA onwards.

  19. #4639
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    35,205
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It seems 9.1 is the great BfA face turn. First Sylvanas and now Elune herself seems to heavily imply that the choices in BfA were really just for shock value and to hamfistedly place Sylvanas in a position where she joins the Jailer.

    I am not that mad at Elune intending to send the Nelf souls to the Maw to stave off the drought. It does kinda make sense in a mysterious ways kind of way, and the souls would likely be content knowing they are sent on a mission by their goddess to save nature, and furthermore being able to spend eternity with their loved ones tending to nature.

    I just really question how Elune is aware of the drought being a thing and possibly about to destroy Ardwnweald, but not how the drought came to be.
    With no more dialogue I guess we are left to assume Elune simply assumed there were not any nature aligned souls that had died, which seems questionable at best.


    The writing really is a vacous black hole at this point. BfA was pretty damn terrible, and while I can kinda respect the idea of retconning the worst decisions I really don't think the correct choice was then to turn around and make the entire thing entirely pointless.
    A better writing team would have taken Teldrassil, and even taken Elune and Sylvanas, and ran with it to tell a big narrative about how "This is why we don't need cosmic entities interfereing in our world anymore."

    Instead Blizz seems to be using all of that to just handwave and justify Teldrassil, an event that should have been a major narrative reset for the entire franchise.
    WoW has Cancer. First you cut out the cancer (abusive devs), then you assign an aggressive treatment plan (major design rework) to save it.

    Or you just let it die because that's too expensive.

    FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

  20. #4640
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    She didn't kill them, but did not intervene during BfA so the souls could fix Ardenweald draught. But ofc she didn't know they will be sent to the Maw. Either way it paints Elune as a cold bitch. Not really shitting on that story part like many others. This could be easily described as a tough choice, if she deemed that Aerdenweald well-being is more important.
    The thing is, she did intervene and put all the nelfs to sleep. If she has that power she could have put a few troops to sleep as well and stop it.
    There is also a bunch wrong here, she clearly just send them to oribos, how exactly did she ensure that they would even reach ardenweald? Is the whole freedom of choice thing just bullshit and she branded their souls with a "to ardenweald" mark? Because otherwise they might have gone to any one of the infinite realms, which makes the mathmatics of the situation seem less and less favorable, considering that nelfs are not part of the wild god circle and shouldn't go there by default.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    It could be good. Problem is, we are shown this "Sophie's choice" decision without proper development, stamped in the middle of Korthia campaign, without any previous build up of Life-Death dynamics Ardenwealds is supposed to be about.
    I mean let's be honest here, Ardenweald is actually the afterlife for bugs, everyone else is just there as food, at least if go by relevancy and representation.
    MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •