1. #4641
    Dreadlord Lady Atia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    857
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    The thing is, she did intervene and put all the nelfs to sleep. If she has that power she could have put a few troops to sleep as well and stop it.
    There is also a bunch wrong here, she clearly just send them to oribos, how exactly did she ensure that they would even reach ardenweald? Is the whole freedom of choice thing just bullshit and she branded their souls with a "to ardenweald" mark? Because otherwise they might have gone to any one of the infinite realms, which makes the mathmatics of the situation seem less and less favorable, considering that nelfs are not part of the wild god circle and shouldn't go there by default.

    - - - Updated - - -


    I mean let's be honest here, Ardenweald is actually the afterlife for bugs, everyone else is just there as food, at least if go by relevancy and representation.
    Well, she did send Ysera directly to Ardenweald afterall.

  2. #4642
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Well, she did send Ysera directly to Ardenweald afterall.
    She clearly didn't with the nelf souls though. That also just means she branded them to bypass the systems usual process, meaning she invalidated their personalities and personal choices during their life times because she deemed feeding ardenweald to be more important. Either way it's not a pretty picture if you follow the cinematic up with "Tyrande must choose", which was already undermined by her taking away her chance at vengence when she fought Sylvanas and switched her powers off - enabling Zovaal to complete his ridiculous plan in the first place.
    MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis.

  3. #4643
    Scarab Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    4,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    The thing is, she did intervene and put all the nelfs to sleep. If she has that power she could have put a few troops to sleep as well and stop it.
    There is also a bunch wrong here, she clearly just send them to oribos, how exactly did she ensure that they would even reach ardenweald? Is the whole freedom of choice thing just bullshit and she branded their souls with a "to ardenweald" mark? Because otherwise they might have gone to any one of the infinite realms, which makes the mathmatics of the situation seem less and less favorable, considering that nelfs are not part of the wild god circle and shouldn't go there by default
    Well, she didn't stop it, because Arden needed souls. Cold AF, but she decided it had to be done. And I dunno about them being defaulted there. Maybe their connection to nature would make them go there? Or maybe Elune has the power to bypass it?
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

  4. #4644
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Sure. But still, some people started saying it was all her.
    Nah but her neglect caused it

  5. #4645
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    She didn't kill them, but did not intervene during BfA so the souls could fix Ardenweald draught. But ofc she didn't know they will be sent to the Maw. Either way it paints Elune as a cold bitch. Not really shitting on that story part like many others. This could be easily described as a tough choice, if she deemed that Aerdenweald well-being is more important.
    Frankly, by my understanding she merely didn't make them Wisps. They would have died anyway, Elune isn't exactly known for large scale Divine Interventions.

    So people are massively overplaying both her role and the amount of cruelty she meant to inflict here.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Well, she didn't stop it, because Arden needed souls. Cold AF, but she decided it had to be done. And I dunno about them being defaulted there. Maybe their connection to nature would make them go there? Or maybe Elune has the power to bypass it?
    It'd only be cold if she had no reaction to it. Based on the Cutscene, she was not happy about doing it, but felt that saving Ardendweald was the bigger issue at the moment.

    It's a trolley problem situation. She could only choose between bad outcomes.

  6. #4646
    Bloodsail Admiral Cloudmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Celestial Planetarium
    Posts
    1,024
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Well, she did send Ysera directly to Ardenweald afterall.
    That means Arbiter was still working back then.
    #SaveAlgalon

  7. #4647
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    That means Arbiter was still working back then.
    And for a while after, since Ursoc also made it to Ardenweald.

  8. #4648
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    And for a while after, since Ursoc also made it to Ardenweald.
    At this point, if it's caused by us, only likely event is Argus death. And now also Nathrezim call Argus a 'pawn'.

  9. #4649
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Why would you want to toggle store mounts instead of outright remove them? Most of them are plausible and fit in with the other wacky mounts obtainable through gameplay anyway. That last part made no sense.
    Because people paid for them? They can have them on if they really want them but I'd rather not have ridiculous mounts visible on my client. Weird point you're trying to make here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Please tell me on this plush animal where the evil evil store mounts did hurt you.
    Please tell me why you NEED to show off your paid crap to others? Like wow, you spent a whole $25 on some visual flare. What next? A $25k Rolex to show how cool you are? Can't you just buy this stuff for yourself and not to desperately "show off"? The toggle would be local, clientside, and wouldn't disable it for other players.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    That hide the mount thing reminds me of the few times I've seen some people, particularly when transmog became a thing, demand an option to toggle off everyone else's transmog.

    Sorry but you'll have to deal with that.
    Store mounts are not really the same to any of the transmog stuff, you know where you choose ingame item appearances with some restrictions. And no, no one has to deal with it technically but Blizzard won't make the toggle because people paid money to "look cool" despite actually looking like a tool. Ability to toggle it off would probably decrease sales.

  10. #4650
    Dreadlord Lady Atia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    857
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayze View Post
    Because people paid for them? They can have them on if they really want them but I'd rather not have ridiculous mounts visible on my client. Weird point you're trying to make here.



    Please tell me why you NEED to show off your paid crap to others? Like wow, you spent a whole $25 on some visual flare. What next? A $25k Rolex to show how cool you are? Can't you just buy this stuff for yourself and not to desperately "show off"? The toggle would be local, clientside, and wouldn't disable it for other players.



    Store mounts are not really the same to any of the transmog stuff, you know where you choose ingame item appearances with some restrictions. And no, no one has to deal with it technically but Blizzard won't make the toggle because people paid money to "look cool" despite actually looking like a tool. Ability to toggle it off would probably decrease sales.
    Because the mounts look cool? Seriously, if you think anyone uses a mount "to show of" you have some real issues. These are just pixxels. Stop getting offended from other peoples fun, thanks.

  11. #4651
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    A better writing team would have taken Teldrassil, and even taken Elune and Sylvanas, and ran with it to tell a big narrative about how "This is why we don't need cosmic entities interfereing in our world anymore."

    Instead Blizz seems to be using all of that to just handwave and justify Teldrassil, an event that should have been a major narrative reset for the entire franchise.
    I wouldnt go as far as to say that, I just really heavily dislike how Blizzard took what was built up as a massive plotpoint in BfA on why Elune would not help the Nelves and make it essentially a thing where it all boiled down to a misunderstanding.

    Elune likely didnt want to intervene in what she must have assumed was a simple mortal war, and not integral to the droughtin Ardenweald. But that is a horrible handwaving that just reinforces the view that Blizzard didnt actually plan anything big with the reveal. Sylvanas was just evil because she needed to be a credible antagonist in 9.0. Elune didnt intervne because of a silly misunderstanding.

    This hsould have been a massive reveal that could have explained everything and made all the pieces fall in place. And instead we are left with the bitter taste of sloppy retconning.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  12. #4652
    I have no idea what they are doing to the lore in Shadowlands, everything just seems so absurd and out of the blue and makes basically no sense for anyone with more than two braincells. There's not no coherence or cohesiveness to the story anymore, you read new lore and you're just astounded by how silly it is. This just adds insult to injury. I'm just waiting for the big reveal that the Jailer indeed is not our enemy but our friend and ally that's coming soon. Because you know, all he did was for the better and to actually save us. *sigh*
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  13. #4653
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Elune likely didnt want to intervene in what she must have assumed was a simple mortal war, and not integral to the droughtin Ardenweald.
    Elune intervened in mortal wars before, even during the war of thornes. So for some reason she... could not do something about the burning itself.

  14. #4654
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    Elune intervened in mortal wars before, even during the war of thornes. So for some reason she... could not do something about the burning itself.
    I mean it wouldn't even have been neccessary to do something about the burning. If she can put tens of thousands of nelfs to sleep in a few seconds she could have just done the same to a bunch of orcs manning the catapults. It's not like the Horde had the overwhelming victory there, a few more minutes could have saved thousands of her worshippers. But then again, the horde invented intercontinental catapults, she probably thought they deserved to win.
    MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis.

  15. #4655
    Scarab Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    4,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    Elune intervened in mortal wars before, even during the war of thornes. So for some reason she... could not do something about the burning itself.
    ???

    We know why she didn't do anything. So the souls could fix the draught. Did people not watch the cinematic?
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

  16. #4656
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    ???

    We know why she didn't do anything. So the souls could fix the draught. Did people not watch the cinematic?
    Trolley Problem. She thought this was the rail with only one person. Turns out it was the rail with the switch that opens a gate to hell under all 6.

  17. #4657
    I watched recent Preach video and honestly I'm pissed. He put narration that Blizzard actively destroy game for people like him (mythic raiders). Blizzard did terrible mistake in Shadowlands.. but it was LISTENING to people like Preach.

    Who told Torghast has amazing gameplay (and in Alpha you climbed like 70 floors, not 5)? Who told that "loot should matter" will be amazing? Who was against ANY grind for power outside raids? Who praised 8.3 world content design? (Hell, Preach even praised early WoD, but that's ancient times).

    During Alpha/Beta streamers like him complained about 1 thing: covenant choice. In 9.0 conduict power. In 9.1 shards of dominations. Later Many people will disagree with me, but compared main SL issues (gear/power wall and making activities outside organized stuff pointless or cosmetic only) - these are laughable at best.

    Not to mention driving this already crazy community nuts with speculations from ass like 9.0 coming in 2021 (before Covid exploded) or 9.1 coming "earliest" in August after watching just clips from Blizzconline. I know, I know, many of these falls on people that treat streamers like authority.

    I hope it will be lesson for Blizzard (or anyone running WoW in the future in case current Blizz won't survive) - never listen to people with narrow view if you discuss main game. You will lose many of main crowd and tryhards will burn out sooner or later anyway. Go crazy like you did in Legion, don't try to polish game until there is nothing left.

    (And funny thing, Preach is/was still WoW influencer that was 1000x more constructive that regular drama queen like Asmon or Bellurar, so I still respect him even after this rant.)
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2021-07-28 at 03:36 PM.

  18. #4658
    The Arbiter sorts all dead souls from every planet in the cosmos, as well as every planet in every alternate reality. The sheer amount of anima flowing into the Shadowlands is staggering.

    How many people actually died at Teldrassil? A few thousand? Maybe a hundred thousand?

    The drought is on the scale of multiple universes. A few thousand souls - even the best souls from Elune's chosen people - are not going to stem the drought in any meaningful way.

    This entire cut scene seems to be created to make help minimize Sylvanas' atrocity.

  19. #4659
    Scarab Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    4,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I watched recent Preach video and honestly I'm pissed. He put narration that Blizzard actively destroy game for people like him (mythic raiders). Blizzard did terrible mistake in Shadowlands.. but it was LISTENING to people like Preach.

    Who told Torghast has amazing gameplay (and in Alpha you climbed like 70 floors, not 5)? Who told that "loot should matter" will be amazing? Who was against ANY grind for power outside raids? Who praised 8.3 world content design? (Hell, Preach even praised early WoD, but that's ancient times).
    You are wrong here. He loved early alpha Torghast implementation, where you could get many crazy strong builds and just have fun, not the nerfed version they served us. People wanted loot to matter, but Blizz went too far with scarcity of it, making PvP best way to gear up. I don't really like Preach, but let's not be dishonest here.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

  20. #4660
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    You are wrong here. He loved early alpha Torghast implementation, where you could get many crazy strong builds and just have fun, not the nerfed version they served us. People wanted loot to matter, but Blizz went too far with scarcity of it, making PvP best way to gear up. I don't really like Preach, but let's not be dishonest here.
    Wasn't this fun part came after you grind X floors and just got absurd power? It's not like there were different abilities on Beta.

    And loot scarcity was obvious consequence of no gimmicks on loot, otherwise everyone would be bis geared in 2-3 weeks. We were told by years that WoW will be awesome again if you will work for you loot in hard content and earning bis piece will feel amazing. Turns out - surprise, surprise - even almost Vanilla style loot doesn't turn on 15 years veterans like it did when they were teenagers. And rest people are stuck with this gear system.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •