1. #4781
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    I wouldn't even be mad to be honest...



    I'd love that. Different flavour every patch is a big yes!
    a total nuke of Azeroth(a reset), or jumping far into the future would be perfect for a 10.0 xpac. Of course it has to be done without affecting current characters and all that, cause that would suck.

    If theres a time to do it, its for the next xpac.

    We have chromie time now + the classic & bc servers for the old world. Blizzard has set it up perfectly to change it up dramatically on retail.

  2. #4782
    Has anyone seen "A Watchful Raven" in oribos? It's a humanoid, not a beast and it's aligned with the Kirin Tor. Khadgar is most likely in Shadowlands with us but hasn't made his presence known yet.

  3. #4783
    Banned Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Undermine
    Posts
    19,826
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Absolutely this.

    A new class is likely, I'd say. I think they get rid of borrowed power and just give us a new talent row with conduits or Covenant skills turned into a talent, so the easiest way. That's it for character progression. But a world revamp? No way.
    Blizzard seemingly hinted at a new class being ready for Shadowlands, but the thematic of the expansion didn't support it. So yeah, I could see a new class already being ready to go for the next expansion.

    The real question is does the expansion get revealed later this month at Gamescon, or does it get revealed at BlizzCon in February?

  4. #4784
    The Insane Arafal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Invading your mind
    Posts
    16,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Blizzard seemingly hinted at a new class being ready for Shadowlands
    Where did they do that?
    Last edited by Arafal; 2021-08-02 at 02:45 PM. Reason: bud anglish

    || Malicious Deliciousness ||


  5. #4785
    Banned Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Undermine
    Posts
    19,826
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Where did that do that?
    You have to follow the expansion leaks back in 2019. There were multiple leaks attaching a class to the Shadowlands expansion. Later in the cycle (around October a few weeks before Shadowlands announcement) a leak emerged saying that the new class was scrapped because it didn't fit the theme of the expansion. Blizzard seemingly backed this up by mentioning that no new class matched the thematic or setting of Shadowlands, and that DKs were the death class in WoW.

  6. #4786
    Quote Originally Posted by edave22 View Post
    Has anyone seen "A Watchful Raven" in oribos? It's a humanoid, not a beast and it's aligned with the Kirin Tor. Khadgar is most likely in Shadowlands with us but hasn't made his presence known yet.
    Either that or Medivh, we did after all last see him in Karazhan talking about the grander conflict beyond the burning Legion, and the ability to turn into a raven is more associated with him rather than Khadgar.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    You have to follow the expansion leaks back in 2019. There were multiple leaks attaching a class to the Shadowlands expansion. Later in the cycle (around October a few weeks before Shadowlands announcement) a leak emerged saying that the new class was scrapped because it didn't fit the theme of the expansion. Blizzard seemingly backed this up by mentioning that no new class matched the thematic or setting of Shadowlands, and that DKs were the death class in WoW.
    That could have been a coincidence though. The "leaks" back then seemed to be of three camps, world revamp, dragon Isles, or the Shadowlands. And since it was 4 years since DH it just seemed to make sense to have a new class in the leak.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  7. #4787
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    That could have been a coincidence though. The "leaks" back then seemed to be of three camps, world revamp, dragon Isles, or the Shadowlands. And since it was 4 years since DH it just seemed to make sense to have a new class in the leak.
    Most likely. Vast majority of so called "leaks" are just a LARP bullshit and new class was widely anticipated because it fell right in the historical cycle where new class would have been introduced.

    I do hope and expect 10.0 to introduce a new class and I hope it will be a ranged damage dealer too. Who knows, the whole Sylv flip flop thing might lead to Sylvanas' Dark Rangers joining players and there are "Alliance" ones there too.

    Now people may say "but Hunters", true, however it's just like melee really. Existence of Warriors did not somehow prevent Death Knights. This could be pretty much same thing - a ranged bow user without pets and instead with darkness, shadows and undeath themed stuff.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2021-08-02 at 03:22 PM.
    All my ignores are permanently filtered out and invisible to me. Responding to my posts with nonsense or insults is pointless, you're likely already invisible and if not - 3 clicks away. One ignore is much better than 3 pages of trolling.

  8. #4788
    Herald of the Titans Dartz1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,967
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Blizzard seemingly hinted at a new class being ready for Shadowlands, but the thematic of the expansion didn't support it. So yeah, I could see a new class already being ready to go for the next expansion.

    The real question is does the expansion get revealed later this month at Gamescon, or does it get revealed at BlizzCon in February?
    it will likely be later than that i wanna say 9.2 will be displayed before end of year then a small patch 9.3 then we will hear talk of next expansion around may of 2022 i project a fall release of next epxansion.. now as to classic if they rlease it faster as they been i project a early 2023 wrath of luch king classic.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

    Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

  9. #4789
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Most likely. Vast majority of so called "leaks" are just a LARP bullshit and new class was widely anticipated because it fell right in the historical cycle where new class would have been introduced.

    I do hope and expect 10.0 to introduce a new class and I hope it will be a ranged damage dealer too. Who knows, the whole Sylv flip flop thing might lead to Sylvanas' Dark Rangers joining players and there are "Alliance" ones there too.

    Now people may say "but Hunters", true, however it's just like melee really. Existence of Warriors did not somehow prevent Death Knights. This could be pretty much same thing - a ranged bow user without pets and instead with darkness, shadows and undeath themed stuff.
    If it was dark rangers then it would have been in this expansion.
    Tinkers is always a candidate, though it struggles with fitting an expansion theme, as has been stated before by Blizzard is important when making a new class.


    Back to leaks though, you always have one or two obvious candidates, alongside a smattering of odd ones out ranging from likely to absurd.

    For SL the leaks were pretty much split between death or dragons. Some were arguing a light themed one, but the big debate was on where the expansion would take place. Personally I wanted a Northrend revamp, though the obvious candidates were the Shadowlands or the dragon Isles.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  10. #4790
    Yeah 9.0 was clearly either Death or Dragons with the set up for both avenues. As the dragon theming didn't make it in save for Ysera, it'll likely be part of the 10.0 theme (which matches with the Cataclysm 2 rumblings).

  11. #4791
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Blizzard seemingly hinted at a new class being ready for Shadowlands, but the thematic of the expansion didn't support it. So yeah, I could see a new class already being ready to go for the next expansion.

    The real question is does the expansion get revealed later this month at Gamescon, or does it get revealed at BlizzCon in February?
    I suspect that the new expansion will be announced at the next Blizzcon event, whenever that happens. Given all that is going on, I don't fully know if Activision/Blizzard will even still have a spot at Gamescom. The organizers may well not want the PR circus that will come with the current lawsuit/working situation to distract from their show. Even if Blizz does keep their spot & have a panel (& even though Blizz needs an early reveal now more than they did in WoD), the sheer weight of everything going on would make it really hard to set up & present a full expansion announcement. If anything, I suspect we might get 9.2 discussion at Gamescom.

    If that's the case, I could see the next expansion being introduced in early 2022 as part of an effort to show a new & improved Blizzard & WoW.

  12. #4792
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    If it was dark rangers then it would have been in this expansion.
    Tinkers is always a candidate, though it struggles with fitting an expansion theme, as has been stated before by Blizzard is important when making a new class.
    What Blizzard stated in past does not mandatory holds water in future. They stated many things only to eventually walk back on them like "bring the player not the class" for example.

    So yeah I can absolutely and totally see Dark Rangers happening because quite obviously Sylv is being setup on a path to rejoin our side and she conveniently has her squads of Dark Rangers ready and waiting including, yet again, "conveniently" Night Elf Dark Rangers being a thing too.

    Expansion theme sure, but they did not really prep all them Nelf Dark Rangers for nothing to back out brand new "good" Sylvanas.

    Now sure you might say but we have Mechagnomes too, which is fair. But with Sylv switching sides it's almost given Dark Rangers will join.
    All my ignores are permanently filtered out and invisible to me. Responding to my posts with nonsense or insults is pointless, you're likely already invisible and if not - 3 clicks away. One ignore is much better than 3 pages of trolling.

  13. #4793
    Bloodsail Admiral Lady Atia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    1,060
    Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    I suspect that the new expansion will be announced at the next Blizzcon event, whenever that happens. Given all that is going on, I don't fully know if Activision/Blizzard will even still have a spot at Gamescom. The organizers may well not want the PR circus that will come with the current lawsuit/working situation to distract from their show. Even if Blizz does keep their spot & have a panel (& even though Blizz needs an early reveal now more than they did in WoD), the sheer weight of everything going on would make it really hard to set up & present a full expansion announcement. If anything, I suspect we might get 9.2 discussion at Gamescom.

    If that's the case, I could see the next expansion being introduced in early 2022 as part of an effort to show a new & improved Blizzard & WoW.
    I'm quite sure we will get a 9.2 announcement during gamescom. Maybe, just maybe an initial teaser for the next expansion with alpha/beta release in february alongside propper panels at their blizzconline, but only if we are really lucky lol.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    What Blizzard stated in past does not mandatory holds water in future. They stated many things only to eventually walk back on them like "bring the player not the class" for example.

    So yeah I can absolutely and totally see Dark Rangers happening because quite obviously Sylv is being setup on a path to rejoin our side and she conveniently has her squads of Dark Rangers ready and waiting including, yet again, "conveniently" Night Elf Dark Rangers being a thing too.

    Expansion theme sure, but they did not really prep all them Nelf Dark Rangers for nothing to back out brand new "good" Sylvanas.

    Now sure you might say but we have Mechagnomes too, which is fair. But with Sylv switching sides it's almost given Dark Rangers will join.
    I could see them doing Dark Rangers as one of a bunch of class skins with 10.0. Use the same mechanics as an original class but give it new customization and change abilities. That way they can do a bunch of "new" classes, similiar to allied races. And just like allied races who got some themed after BfA, Class Skins could get Dark Rangers and Necromancer (and maybe Night Warrior and Shadow Hunter) somewhat themed after Shadowlands. Also I could see them doing the Covenants as Allied Races as feature for 9.2. just to boost some sales.

  14. #4794
    Banned Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Undermine
    Posts
    19,826
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    That could have been a coincidence though. The "leaks" back then seemed to be of three camps, world revamp, dragon Isles, or the Shadowlands. And since it was 4 years since DH it just seemed to make sense to have a new class in the leak.
    Yeah, but the leaks got the title of the expansion and a few locations correct. Other leaks also hinted at Bolvar's involvement as well.

    Beyond all of that, I do feel that Blizzard wanted to bring in a new class in 9.0 but just felt that no class concept matched up with Shadowlands.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    it will likely be later than that i wanna say 9.2 will be displayed before end of year then a small patch 9.3 then we will hear talk of next expansion around may of 2022 i project a fall release of next epxansion.. now as to classic if they rlease it faster as they been i project a early 2023 wrath of luch king classic.
    I really think you're going to see both 9.2 and the next expansion at Gamescon, just in an effort to curb FFXIV's ascent as a rival MMO.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    If it was dark rangers then it would have been in this expansion.
    Tinkers is always a candidate, though it struggles with fitting an expansion theme, as has been stated before by Blizzard is important when making a new class.
    Actually an Undermine expansion would fit the Tinker concept very well, and be a nice break from all the cosmic stuff we experienced in Shadowlands. Undermine was a planned continent in vanilla, and would definitely re-center the game back to its more classic roots on Azeroth.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    I suspect that the new expansion will be announced at the next Blizzcon event, whenever that happens. Given all that is going on, I don't fully know if Activision/Blizzard will even still have a spot at Gamescom. The organizers may well not want the PR circus that will come with the current lawsuit/working situation to distract from their show. Even if Blizz does keep their spot & have a panel (& even though Blizz needs an early reveal now more than they did in WoD), the sheer weight of everything going on would make it really hard to set up & present a full expansion announcement. If anything, I suspect we might get 9.2 discussion at Gamescom.

    If that's the case, I could see the next expansion being introduced in early 2022 as part of an effort to show a new & improved Blizzard & WoW.
    With all the bad press Blizzard has been getting lately, and with FFXIV challenging it on multiple levels (and having a new expansion coming in September), I really don't think Blizzard can afford to skip out on Gamescon with zero announcements.

  15. #4795
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    35,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    This is likely enough. Unless the financials are worse than you or I might think.

    This will bring about 0 players back, so if they can afford that, it's the easiest and cheapest option.
    I mean I'd give it a solid 50-50 on being that bad given just how catastrophic this summer has been for Blizz between the content creators jumping ship, 9.1 being largely panned (raid itself aside), and the lawsuit.


    10.0 will be telling. They could either embrace the end and go full minimum-effort maintenance, or go super hard on trying to reinvent the game. There will be no middle IMO.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Where did they do that?
    Nowhere except fake leaks and arguments about Tinkers and Necromancers which Teriz of course took to be factual.
    The future Blizzard wants is not the past we loved.

    FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

  16. #4796
    Scarab Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    4,675
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Nowhere except fake leaks and arguments about Tinkers and Necromancers which Teriz of course took to be factual.
    And now he invades this excellent thread.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

    "What does one life matter?"

  17. #4797
    I am Murloc! Fahrad Wagner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Luxembourg
    Posts
    5,300
    Quote Originally Posted by edave22 View Post
    Has anyone seen "A Watchful Raven" in oribos? It's a humanoid, not a beast and it's aligned with the Kirin Tor. Khadgar is most likely in Shadowlands with us but hasn't made his presence known yet.
    Interesting... Very interesting. I do miss Dadgar, so I wouldn't mind seeing him again!

  18. #4798
    Epic! Gifdwarf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Ban Realm of the Shadowlands
    Posts
    1,572
    I would be excited to see Khadgar flying about in Oribos, but Wrathion flying around in WoD led to nothing so I wont get my hopes up.

    10.0 has so many possibilities at this point, and if Shadowlands does end at 9.2, I wonder if they will pull a Legion and announce it outside of the next blizzconline.

  19. #4799
    Scarab Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    4,675
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I would be excited to see Khadgar flying about in Oribos, but Wrathion flying around in WoD led to nothing so I wont get my hopes up.

    10.0 has so many possibilities at this point, and if Shadowlands does end at 9.2, I wonder if they will pull a Legion and announce it outside of the next blizzconline.
    SL seems to end Sylvi cross-xpac master plan with many other plot lines. 10.0 can go w/e at this point.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

    "What does one life matter?"

  20. #4800
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    Blizzard is not even at gamescom this year, no? Or where do people get that information?
    Oh yeah, that would be great idea to go there right now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •