10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    That could have been a coincidence though. The "leaks" back then seemed to be of three camps, world revamp, dragon Isles, or the Shadowlands. And since it was 4 years since DH it just seemed to make sense to have a new class in the leak.
    Most likely. Vast majority of so called "leaks" are just a LARP bullshit and new class was widely anticipated because it fell right in the historical cycle where new class would have been introduced.

I do hope and expect 10.0 to introduce a new class and I hope it will be a ranged damage dealer too. Who knows, the whole Sylv flip flop thing might lead to Sylvanas' Dark Rangers joining players and there are "Alliance" ones there too.

Now people may say "but Hunters", true, however it's just like melee really. Existence of Warriors did not somehow prevent Death Knights. This could be pretty much same thing - a ranged bow user without pets and instead with darkness, shadows and undeath themed stuff.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2021-08-02 at 03:22 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Blizzard seemingly hinted at a new class being ready for Shadowlands, but the thematic of the expansion didn't support it. So yeah, I could see a new class already being ready to go for the next expansion.

The real question is does the expansion get revealed later this month at Gamescon, or does it get revealed at BlizzCon in February?
    it will likely be later than that i wanna say 9.2 will be displayed before end of year then a small patch 9.3 then we will hear talk of next expansion around may of 2022 i project a fall release of next epxansion.. now as to classic if they rlease it faster as they been i project a early 2023 wrath of luch king classic.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Most likely. Vast majority of so called "leaks" are just a LARP bullshit and new class was widely anticipated because it fell right in the historical cycle where new class would have been introduced.

I do hope and expect 10.0 to introduce a new class and I hope it will be a ranged damage dealer too. Who knows, the whole Sylv flip flop thing might lead to Sylvanas' Dark Rangers joining players and there are "Alliance" ones there too.

Now people may say "but Hunters", true, however it's just like melee really. Existence of Warriors did not somehow prevent Death Knights. This could be pretty much same thing - a ranged bow user without pets and instead with darkness, shadows and undeath themed stuff.
    If it was dark rangers then it would have been in this expansion.
    Tinkers is always a candidate, though it struggles with fitting an expansion theme, as has been stated before by Blizzard is important when making a new class.

Back to leaks though, you always have one or two obvious candidates, alongside a smattering of odd ones out ranging from likely to absurd.

For SL the leaks were pretty much split between death or dragons. Some were arguing a light themed one, but the big debate was on where the expansion would take place. Personally I wanted a Northrend revamp, though the obvious candidates were the Shadowlands or the dragon Isles.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Yeah 9.0 was clearly either Death or Dragons with the set up for both avenues. As the dragon theming didn't make it in save for Ysera, it'll likely be part of the 10.0 theme (which matches with the Cataclysm 2 rumblings).

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard seemingly hinted at a new class being ready for Shadowlands, but the thematic of the expansion didn't support it. So yeah, I could see a new class already being ready to go for the next expansion.

The real question is does the expansion get revealed later this month at Gamescon, or does it get revealed at BlizzCon in February?
    I suspect that the new expansion will be announced at the next Blizzcon event, whenever that happens. Given all that is going on, I don't fully know if Activision/Blizzard will even still have a spot at Gamescom. The organizers may well not want the PR circus that will come with the current lawsuit/working situation to distract from their show. Even if Blizz does keep their spot & have a panel (& even though Blizz needs an early reveal now more than they did in WoD), the sheer weight of everything going on would make it really hard to set up & present a full expansion announcement. If anything, I suspect we might get 9.2 discussion at Gamescom.

If that's the case, I could see the next expansion being introduced in early 2022 as part of an effort to show a new & improved Blizzard & WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tinkers is always a candidate, though it struggles with fitting an expansion theme, as has been stated before by Blizzard is important when making a new class.
    What Blizzard stated in past does not mandatory holds water in future. They stated many things only to eventually walk back on them like "bring the player not the class" for example.

So yeah I can absolutely and totally see Dark Rangers happening because quite obviously Sylv is being setup on a path to rejoin our side and she conveniently has her squads of Dark Rangers ready and waiting including, yet again, "conveniently" Night Elf Dark Rangers being a thing too.

Expansion theme sure, but they did not really prep all them Nelf Dark Rangers for nothing to back out brand new "good" Sylvanas.

Now sure you might say but we have Mechagnomes too, which is fair. But with Sylv switching sides it's almost given Dark Rangers will join.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    I suspect that the new expansion will be announced at the next Blizzcon event, whenever that happens. Given all that is going on, I don't fully know if Activision/Blizzard will even still have a spot at Gamescom. The organizers may well not want the PR circus that will come with the current lawsuit/working situation to distract from their show. Even if Blizz does keep their spot & have a panel (& even though Blizz needs an early reveal now more than they did in WoD), the sheer weight of everything going on would make it really hard to set up & present a full expansion announcement. If anything, I suspect we might get 9.2 discussion at Gamescom.

If that's the case, I could see the next expansion being introduced in early 2022 as part of an effort to show a new & improved Blizzard & WoW.
    I'm quite sure we will get a 9.2 announcement during gamescom. Maybe, just maybe an initial teaser for the next expansion with alpha/beta release in february alongside propper panels at their blizzconline, but only if we are really lucky lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    What Blizzard stated in past does not mandatory holds water in future. They stated many things only to eventually walk back on them like "bring the player not the class" for example.

So yeah I can absolutely and totally see Dark Rangers happening because quite obviously Sylv is being setup on a path to rejoin our side and she conveniently has her squads of Dark Rangers ready and waiting including, yet again, "conveniently" Night Elf Dark Rangers being a thing too.

Expansion theme sure, but they did not really prep all them Nelf Dark Rangers for nothing to back out brand new "good" Sylvanas.

Now sure you might say but we have Mechagnomes too, which is fair. But with Sylv switching sides it's almost given Dark Rangers will join.
    I could see them doing Dark Rangers as one of a bunch of class skins with 10.0. Use the same mechanics as an original class but give it new customization and change abilities. That way they can do a bunch of "new" classes, similiar to allied races. And just like allied races who got some themed after BfA, Class Skins could get Dark Rangers and Necromancer (and maybe Night Warrior and Shadow Hunter) somewhat themed after Shadowlands. Also I could see them doing the Covenants as Allied Races as feature for 9.2. just to boost some sales.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    That could have been a coincidence though. The "leaks" back then seemed to be of three camps, world revamp, dragon Isles, or the Shadowlands. And since it was 4 years since DH it just seemed to make sense to have a new class in the leak.
    Yeah, but the leaks got the title of the expansion and a few locations correct. Other leaks also hinted at Bolvar's involvement as well.

Beyond all of that, I do feel that Blizzard wanted to bring in a new class in 9.0 but just felt that no class concept matched up with Shadowlands.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    it will likely be later than that i wanna say 9.2 will be displayed before end of year then a small patch 9.3 then we will hear talk of next expansion around may of 2022 i project a fall release of next epxansion.. now as to classic if they rlease it faster as they been i project a early 2023 wrath of luch king classic.
    I really think you're going to see both 9.2 and the next expansion at Gamescon, just in an effort to curb FFXIV's ascent as a rival MMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually an Undermine expansion would fit the Tinker concept very well, and be a nice break from all the cosmic stuff we experienced in Shadowlands. Undermine was a planned continent in vanilla, and would definitely re-center the game back to its more classic roots on Azeroth.

- - - Updated - - -

With all the bad press Blizzard has been getting lately, and with FFXIV challenging it on multiple levels (and having a new expansion coming in September), I really don't think Blizzard can afford to skip out on Gamescon with zero announcements.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    This is likely enough. Unless the financials are worse than you or I might think.

This will bring about 0 players back, so if they can afford that, it's the easiest and cheapest option.
    I mean I'd give it a solid 50-50 on being that bad given just how catastrophic this summer has been for Blizz between the content creators jumping ship, 9.1 being largely panned (raid itself aside), and the lawsuit.

10.0 will be telling. They could either embrace the end and go full minimum-effort maintenance, or go super hard on trying to reinvent the game. There will be no middle IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Where did they do that?
    Nowhere except fake leaks and arguments about Tinkers and Necromancers which Teriz of course took to be factual.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Nowhere except fake leaks and arguments about Tinkers and Necromancers which Teriz of course took to be factual.
    And now he invades this excellent thread.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by edave22 View Post
    Has anyone seen "A Watchful Raven" in oribos? It's a humanoid, not a beast and it's aligned with the Kirin Tor. Khadgar is most likely in Shadowlands with us but hasn't made his presence known yet.
    Interesting... Very interesting. I do miss Dadgar, so I wouldn't mind seeing him again!

I would be excited to see Khadgar flying about in Oribos, but Wrathion flying around in WoD led to nothing so I wont get my hopes up.

10.0 has so many possibilities at this point, and if Shadowlands does end at 9.2, I wonder if they will pull a Legion and announce it outside of the next blizzconline.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I would be excited to see Khadgar flying about in Oribos, but Wrathion flying around in WoD led to nothing so I wont get my hopes up.

10.0 has so many possibilities at this point, and if Shadowlands does end at 9.2, I wonder if they will pull a Legion and announce it outside of the next blizzconline.
    SL seems to end Sylvi cross-xpac master plan with many other plot lines. 10.0 can go w/e at this point.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    Blizzard is not even at gamescom this year, no? Or where do people get that information?
    Oh yeah, that would be great idea to go there right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    With all the bad press Blizzard has been getting lately, and with FFXIV challenging it on multiple levels (and having a new expansion coming in September), I really don't think Blizzard can afford to skip out on Gamescon with zero announcements.
    I don't disagree that an announcement at Gamescom would probably be a good thing for Blizz right now. They could absolutely use a PR win right now as a company, though it's debatable whether a game announcement would serve to distract from the workers fighting for a better working environment.

My doubt on this is more from the Gamescom side. The Blizz situation is likely still going to be pretty fresh in people's minds in a couple weeks. Their presence at Gamescom could absolutely steal away many of the Gamescom headlines, plus Gamescom may want to make a statement about the actions taken before. I feel it's 50-50 at this point whether Gamescom lets Blizz have a panel or asks Blizz to stay home & clean up their affairs.

I really think you're going to see both 9.2 and the next expansion at Gamescon, just in an effort to curb FFXIV's ascent as a rival MMO.
    This is another reason I actually think they may wait. Trying to go head to head with FFXIV right now would only be an exercise in futility for Blizz with the trending directions of the two games. If Blizz gets something small out around the time of Endwalker with 9.2 coming out in Jan/Feb, they could perhaps get people back once the main content of Endwalker is a couple months old. Then, announce the new expansion & try to turn the headlines back to WoW in Feb/Mar.
    Last edited by AngerFork; 2021-08-02 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Formatting, extra commentary

7+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=AngerFork;53318985]
    Yeah, but the leaks got the title of the expansion and a few locations correct. Other leaks also hinted at Bolvar's involvement as well.

Beyond all of that, I do feel that Blizzard wanted to bring in a new class in 9.0 but just felt that no class concept matched up with Shadowlands.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Actually an Undermine expansion would fit the Tinker concept very well, and be a nice break from all the cosmic stuff we experienced in Shadowlands. Undermine was a planned continent in vanilla, and would definitely re-center the game back to its more classic roots on Azeroth.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't disagree that an announcement at Gamescom would probably be a good thing for Blizz right now. They could absolutely use a PR win right now as a company, though it's debatable whether a game announcement would serve to distract from the workers fighting for a better working environment.

My doubt on this is more from the Gamescom side. The Blizz situation is likely still going to be pretty fresh in people's minds in a couple weeks. Their presence at Gamescom could absolutely steal away many of the Gamescom headlines, plus Gamescom may want to make a statement about the actions taken before. I feel it's 50-50 at this point whether Gamescom lets Blizz have a panel or asks Blizz to stay home & clean up their affairs.
    But cleaning up their affairs has nothing to do with the development of the game. Idk I'm a huge blue heart supporter but your suggestion sounds more like cancel culture than anything else. Blizzard needs some positive news right now.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    But cleaning up their affairs has nothing to do with the development of the game. Idk I'm a huge blue heart supporter but your suggestion sounds more like cancel culture than anything else. Blizzard needs some positive news right now.
    I don't disagree, Blizz could use some good news. Company morale has to be at a pretty low spot right now & probably many of the people making the decisions are worried for their jobs, unsure if they'll be with the company when 10.0 is released. Something to excite the community again & give a happier topic to talk about could go a long way.

But look at this from the side of Gamescom. They would in essence be bringing in a company who has within the last month had a big lawsuit brought against them, an employee walkout, and constantly changing messages from management. A company whose employees have been telling horror stories about how the work culture & con culture have been. A story that has already caused several news outlets to declare they will not talk about Blizz games for the rest of the year. A story this big is already likely to have an adverse effect on Gamescom, regardless of whether Blizz is there presenting something in person. Blizz actually presenting there this soon after everything that has come out would only bring those issues immediately to the forefront of everyone's mind. I could absolutely see a convention opting to not have them present this year, but allowing them back in future years.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't disagree, Blizz could use some good news. Company morale has to be at a pretty low spot right now & probably many of the people making the decisions are worried for their jobs, unsure if they'll be with the company when 10.0 is released. Something to excite the community again & give a happier topic to talk about could go a long way.
    I would say that worker morale is actually high, with all the shit being exposed, workers teaming up, big support given and (maybe) meaningful changes happening. Blizz is basically forced to do something right now.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-08-02 at 08:55 PM.

Hey! I decided to post my own speculation and expectation for the next WoW expansion.
    These are basically the things that would make me feel excited.

Theme ONE: The Void
    (Not the expansion name, just a theme)
    -New world: K'aresh
    -Homeworld of the famous Ethereal race. The planet was mostly destroyed by "Dimensius the All-Devouring".
    -We arrive there (Blizzard can find a way to explain why) and find a community of friendly surviving Ethereals.
    -There are also unfriendly Ethereals who allied with the Void (as we've seen on Argus)
    -Alleria, Umbric & Void Elves have a huge part to play and we finally find out more about Void Elves.
    -New playable race: Ethereal (Warrior, Hunter, Rogue, Monk, Priest, Mage, Warlock, Druid and... Tinker)
    -I dk if they should be neutral, A or H. I know what Blizzard said, but I don't have a problem with being able to choose a faction.
    -New class: Tinker (A: Dwarf, Gnome, Draenei, Void Elf, LF Draenei, DI Dwarf, Mechagnome, Ethereal?)
    (B: Orc, Blood Elf, Goblin, M Orc, Nightborne?, Vulpera?, Ethereal?)
    -Personally, I'm not a fan of "engineering" or any tech-themed stuff being put into WoW, but I can see this one coming honestly.
    -We finally find out more about the Void Lords lore...
    -Xal'atath gets a cool new Void Elf special model in "nice" armor and immediately becomes fan favorite looking character.

Theme TWO: Dragon Isles
    -New continent above Lordaeron that is similar to Broken Isles, Kul Tiras and Zandalar.
    -Infinite Dragonflight is the main threat of the expansion.
    -Our beloved aspects leaders get a major role.
    -Imagine Kalecgos actually getting a new HD humanoid form model.
    -Character development on all of them, including Wrathion.
    -New class: Still think they would add Tinker first, but if you ask me, Dragonsworn name has been used a lot recently and I like the theme of using dragon powers.
    -In that case, each race should be available to be that class and lorewise have it as their humanoid form, while they're actually a dragon?!

I want to point out many things I expect from the next expansion that are not tied to these themes above:

-A perfect moment for Azeroth EK and Kalimdor revamp - including finally adding Blood Elf & Draenei areas to Azeroth maps. A perfect opportunity to give every race their capital city (such as Night Elves getting a city in Hyjal and Worgen retaking Gilneas). The Allied races could get their bigger hubs in existing cities (example: There is a green forest behind Mage District in Stormwind- they could make another district right there and let it only have High and Void elf structures).

-New lore added to each questing zone so that it’s not stuck in Cataclysm era anymore. BUT - I want them to keep the same quest rewards so that we don’t get another “not available anymore” situation like we did when Cataclysm went live and Transmogrification. They could also use this opportunity to finish giving more rewards-items that would finish some tmog sets (that have missing stuff such as boots, etc.).

-After heritage armor is finished, they should add heritage weapons (each weapon type) for each race. They should also use this opportunity to update Vanilla armor to HD. The other Vanilla model creatures should also be updated. I would want updated Gnolls to be on Dragon Isles just like the Killboars were on Kul Tiras when they got updated.

-Continued customization for Allied races and Core races again.
    -If they really don’t add the new customization for Allied races (I can hear that Nightborne cry), then I don’t want to be disappointed in 10.0. With Azeroth revamp, they should allow some races to get new class combo such as Night Elf Paladin, Draenei Rogue, Orc Priest (shadow lorewise - just like Mag’har), Goblin & Worgen Monks (with Exiles reach, I still find it weird that they’re not available now).

-I want them to add class skins - such as Void magic skin for Holy/discipline VE priests. Light skin for Lightforged Shadow Priests, Elune blueish skin for priests, etc. Could keep going.

Thanks for reading!

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I would say that worker morale is actually high, with all the shit being exposed, workers teaming up, big support given and (maybe) meaningful changes happening. Blizz is basically forced to do something right now.
    If anything, they're probably positive about how Blizz is handling things. ActiBlizz is a different story, though it's a bit annoying some sources can't seem to be able to tell the two apart.