Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I don't even see why they would need to skip it. Say the new class is tinkers, there is nothing stopping Blizzard from making a neat wrench model and just having the aquisition questline simply be that you talk to a special engineer in Dalaran that gives it to you.
    The talent tree and special ability is obsolete, all that is really needed for an artifact is an item that lets you slot in 3 of those weapon gems they gave back in Legion.

Fir an order hall you could just place a couple of extra tables In the engineer shop. The mission table was only relevant for the class quests, nothing is really lost by simply not having it.

And covenant ability is literally the easiest thing to make. "Do X% for damage for Y seconds."
    Even the relics aren't needed, they're only iLvl boosts now. They could just make it scale with level until the actual expansion content.

Covenant ability could just be something generic for all new classes that follow. Class Hall is unnecessary for classes that aren't meant to have been around lorewise.
    Azerite isn't really needed, either, and could also be dealt with through generic abilities.

People are trying to make up reasons why they can't make new classes, but there's really not much meat to it.

So Blizzard with new class needs to design new spells for all outdated systems or it isn't 'Blizzard quality' (what it even means, Blizzard games never were signifant less buggy than competition)? Some of you need fresh air.

Quote Originally Posted by Squiddo69 View Post
    There is never going to be another class. And the reasons for that are Legion class halls, BfA azerite gear and Shadowlands covenants.
    Well, class skins could easily just use the class halls of their original classes. Just add a npc that tells you Dark Ranger/Night Warrior/Shadow Hunter/Necromancer/Blademaster our allies from the Hunters/Demon Hunters/Warlocks/Monks need our support in the war against the Legion. Same goes for Azerite Gear and Covenant Abilities. Another reason they should push for these instead of a new class imo. It's just less work overall for more gain!

Well shit, J. Allen Brack leaves.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    We need new blood.

Faster than I had expected, honestly.

We're getting quarterly results today as well. Who knows, maybe they're not looking good either.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    After some shareholders started to whet their soulless lawyer-shaped knives it was obvious that JAB would wouldn't keep his seat at Blizzard for much longer. The moment he butchered their first press release was when it was over, especially after it kept snowballing from that point on to the point that even their stock dipped a bit. Him being part of the old crew that watched Afrasiabi for over a decade doesn't help much either. Now it remains to be seen how all of this will play out in the future.

Edit: At least first glance they didn't try to put some former Trump wannabe-GeStaPo at the helm and went for people that have at least worked on a game before. I expected worse for his replacement, tbh.
    Last edited by Felis igneus; 2021-08-03 at 01:39 PM.
    #1) MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    #2) Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    #3)Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis. #4) The WoW playerbase doesn't deserve housing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    We're getting quarterly results today as well. Who knows, maybe they're not looking good either.
    This was my thought. If Kotick has to bring bad news to the investors, it helps if he has a severed head to placate them with.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Sooner or later everyone sits down to a banquet of consequences." -- Robert Louis Stevenson
    Get your COVID booster. It works so much better than horse paste.

Would the shareholders meeting give us a hint about 9.2 or 10.0?

Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    Sometimes it contains phrases like "bla bla will release later this year" or stuff like that, but at the last shareholder meeting they didn't announce the TBC Classic launch at all, just to announce it a few days later with a blue post.

And with no official word about 9.2 yet I very much doubt they'll mention it in the report.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Nope, it's about past, not future. And it's for April-June period, April/May were dead months, but June was both TBC and 9.1 - many people who hated it still checked out patch and all you need for Blizz is to log in once.

I doubt it, they might reafirm that they are working to get back on track with their release schedule or at best they might admit that this all might have delayed it a couple of weeks. I doubt strongly that we'll be seeing concrete release dates, even just rough estimates by quarter.
    #1) MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    #2) Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    #3)Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis. #4) The WoW playerbase doesn't deserve housing.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I doubt it, they might reafirm that they are working to get back on track with their release schedule or they at best they might admit that this all might have delayed it a couple of weeks. I doubt we'll be seeing concrete release dates or ever quarter prognoses.
    Now would be a great time for them to trot out bad news they've been sugarcoating, though. They have a scapegoat who has just conveniently decided to "pursue personal opportunities elsewhere".
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Sooner or later everyone sits down to a banquet of consequences." -- Robert Louis Stevenson

They basically gave Blizzard leadership to people outside Blizzard. Acti must be really paranoid with who was involved or ignored harassment. Or everyone with executive position was ignoring it...

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    They basically gave Blizzard leadership to people outside Blizzard. Acti must be really paranoid with who was involved or ignored harassment. Or everyone with executive position was ignoring it...
    Blizzard is also the sick studio (notice they're calling it a studio!) in A-B, just from the basic point of delivering games that grow revenue.

All I gather from this is:

Phew, at least Shadowlands ends with 9.2, I couldn't have asked for a better pick to get the WoD treatment.

Because let's be real these people are not going to do 9.3 with all this mess

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post

Phew, at least Shadowlands ends with 9.2, I couldn't have asked for a better pick to get the WoD treatment.

If 9.3 was planned month ago, it will still release, it's not like they suddenly will speed up 10.0 production cause drama. If anything, last few months should force them to reflect what they exactly want to do in 10.0, since Legion foundation simply doesn't work anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Blizzard is also the sick studio (notice they're calling it a studio!) in A-B, just from the basic point of delivering games that grow revenue.
    And how they should call it? It's a studio.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post

How many patches SL will have was decided long time ago, and sudden change of Blizz leadership wont produce any visible WoW results for some time, if any.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-08-03 at 02:08 PM.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

Quote Originally Posted by Squiddo69 View Post
    It'd very naive to not expect some if not a lot of people to revisit Legion/BfA/Shadowlands with a new class, and if and when they do then it's going to feel raw and unfinished if a lot of the expansion's elements are missing.
    Legion already feels that way with the Artifact Weapon being a glorified gem holder and I haven't seen anyone have a problem with that.