Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I've been farming those shrooms since the patch launched, i have yet to find a single one of the ones to turn in.
    Are you sure you don't have them already? They look like the useless ones.
    Also the mount drop is supposedly 0.9% according to wowhead..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    The golden rule of mounts should always be that there should only ever be a single layer of RNG. And with the short respawn of the covenant rares I think it's unquestionable that it's easy to farm it, even on several characters a day.
    Since you need to be the covenant in question the multiple drop chance thing becomes a bit moot, as I've could only bring myself to have 5 60s so far and with the exception of 2 all of them are in different covenants.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post

Since you need to be the covenant in question the multiple drop chance thing becomes a bit moot, as I've could only bring myself to have 5 60s so far and with the exception of 2 all of them are in different covenants.
    I have problems with shrooms as well, have just 1, RNG is just a bitch.

As for wowhead drop, remember it takes data from all people and you have to be in right covenant to even have chance for drop.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ye, i'm sure.

I always browse through the items i get once i am done, have yet to find a single tasty shroom.
    The droprate is just abyssmal.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2021-08-07 at 12:14 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Blizzard did terrible mistake in Shadowlands.. but it was LISTENING to people like Preach.
    Considering he had a discussion with Ion and virtually asked him "when are we doing this" (referring to the "ripcord") - and Blizzard has in fact not done this, it's very dishonest to present it in such a way.

By the way, the way Blizzard is holding on Conduit energy is almost laughable at this point.
    Who told Torghast has amazing gameplay (and in Alpha you climbed like 70 floors, not 5)?
    Yes.
    And then they changed it, not because of feedback from those players but because others were unable to do it.
    Not to mention driving this already crazy community nuts with speculations from ass like 9.0 coming in 2021 (before Covid exploded)
    Considering Blizzard wanted to launch it in mid October and then moved it to mid / late November with Preach presenting his speculation right after the announcement of SL, i think he wasn't too far off.

Being about 6 weeks off isn't too bad when you consider he made it about 1 year before SL even launched.
    or 9.1 coming "earliest" in August after watching just clips from Blizzconline. I know, I know, many of these falls on people that treat streamers like authority.
    That was Towellie who talked to some Blizzard employees, not Preach.

I have problems with shrooms as well, have just 1, RNG is just a bitch.

As for wowhead drop, remember it takes data from all people and you have to be in right covenant to even have chance for drop.
    Well, looks like I've used my luck with the shardhide. I only found 3 eggs so far on any one character as well. RNG being a bitch, true that.

As for the mount, even in the worst case it would onyl be like 5 times that and I doubt many other covenants go out of their way to wait for popo or fleshwing unless needed. I mean look at the stygian crusher that drops the venthyr one, that is 1.3% and people surely don't go out of their way to get that one done with the stupid flight involved. I guess the actual drop rate is around 2.0-3.0% all things considered.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-08-07 at 12:19 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Considering he had a discussion with Ion and virtually asked him "when are we doing this" (referring to the "ripcord") - and Blizzard has in fact not done this, it's very dishonest to present it in such a way.

By the way, the way Blizzard is holding on Conduit energy is almost laughable at this point.

Yes.
    And then they changed it, not because of feedback from those players but because others were unable to do it.

Considering Blizzard wanted to launch it in mid October and then moved it to mid / late November with Preach presenting his speculation right after the announcement of SL, i think he wasn't too far off.

Being about 6 weeks off isn't too bad when you consider he made it about 1 year before SL even launched.

That was Towellie who talked to some Blizzard employees, not Preach.
    1. Yeah, yeah, you always do that people. Pinpoint small things that fit your opinion and don't see big picture. SL, at least 9.0/S1 is 'raid or die' expac like WoD - difference is it has ton small things you can do for cosmetics/achievements. Removing AP and titanforging, also weekly chest with 6 choices for PVE players is DRASTIC change.

Also no one said Blizzard listen to every single whine of Preach. It's other way around, he said he's quiting cause he feels Blizzard doesn't listen at all to players like him since BfA launch. Not only it's dishonest about current situation but also glorifies past that had fair share of bugs and stupid mistakes. Thankfully Classic exists and destroy nostalgia for old expacs like icebreaker (you don't hear often "vanilla raids were so hard and you had so much stuff to do" anymore, don't you).

2. I realized it's pointless to compare these 2, but I just can't imagine people actually enjoying doing 70 floors, where 6 on live was "torture" for some people. But lot of these fall on Blizzard shoulders of course, biggest mistake with Torghast is implementing it as necessary step for progression, I think Mage Tower would be hated as well if we would have to do it weekly for mandatory MAGETOWERPOINTS.

3. He's puting stupid speculations like he knows something when he has no idea. Then his viewers treat it not even as educated guess, but as truth. SL didn't released in 2021 even with delays caused by work from home (and who knows what, considering what happened last weeks), we know specifically at least about 2, Alpha was supposed to start in March and official delay of course.

And he was first puting August speculation.

1. Yeah, yeah, you always do that people. Pinpoint small things that fit your opinion and don't see big picture.
    Considering that Covenants have the most discussed feature its announcement, calling it "small things" is downright dishonest.
    SL, at least 9.0/S1 is 'raid or die' expac like WoD
    WoD has become such a deadbeat argument.

If WoD is your benchmark for "Raid or die" as far as character progression is concerned, then virtually any expansion since Wotlk is also Raid or die.
    Also no one said Blizzard listen to every single whine of Preach.
    Your entire post basically reads as "They listened to him and now he's quitting!", so that's flip flopping on your part right there.
    but it was LISTENING to people like Preach.
    It's other way around, he said he's quiting cause he feels Blizzard doesn't listen at all to players like him since BfA launch. Not only it's dishonest about current situation but also glorifies past that had fair share of bugs and stupid mistakes.
    You are comparing apples to oranges.

Preach outlinied that he's quitting for two reasons
    (1) Blizzard puts unncessary hurdles in the way of people that very much affect people wanting to min/max their characters
    (2) Most recent series of systems by Blizzard ended up very mixed at best (Legiondaries, Azerite, Corruption, Domination Shards, etc..)

Put these two together and it's obvious to see that forcing people to engage with bad systems makes them quit.

It's not about glorifying the past, it's pointing out that in the past, we didn't have so many systems that are a nightmare to balance, cause a lot of player frustration and so forth.
    Thankfully Classic exists and destroy nostalgia for old expacs like icebreaker (you don't hear often "vanilla raids were so hard and you had so much stuff to do" anymore, don't you).
    On the other hand, when a not too insignificant portion of the playerbase seriously prefers a 15 year old version of the same game, over your modern version, despite being seriously flawed in their own right in some aspect, it should give the developer a lot to think about.

Because that's the sad truth behind the success of Classic and TBC, in a perfect world, only a minority would actually play these games because everyone would still be playing Retail.
    2. I realized it's pointless to compare these 2, but I just can't imagine people actually enjoying doing 70 floors, where 6 on live was "torture" for some people.
    Because people could get extremely OP builds, you can't build an extremely OP character within 6 floors that easily.

It's also the realization that Blizzard felt the urge to make it mandatory on a weekly basis for every single character.
    3. He's puting stupid speculations like he knows something when he has no idea. Then his viewers treat it not even as educated guess, but as truth. SL didn't released in 2021 even with delays caused by work from home (and who knows what, considering what happened last weeks), we know specifically at least about 2, Alpha was supposed to start in March and official delay of course.
    This post makes no sense.
    He said that get a feeling that SL is very early in development, based on the talks he had with the devs at Blizzcon, was surprised to hear based on that that it's still going to launch in 2021.
    And he was first puting August speculation.
    No, it was Towellie.

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...-in-june-2021/

Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-08-07 at 03:17 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Considering that Covenants have the most discussed feature its announcement, calling it "small things" is downright dishonest.
    He could as well ask them to remove LFR. Cov swap restriction was their design choice for the moment. You don't make demands against the current design choice and than go "lol they don't listen".
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    As I said in some previous post, I'm just tired with this argument. It's so self-evident that SL (especially 9.0) 'chores' outside raids require small fracture of time needed in Legion/BfA, it's literally few hours vs. farming AP every day. Funny that completionists in 9.0 got exact same experience as min-maxers during Legion/BfA with low Anima drops (or rather high prices).

What it even have to do with covenants? Did covenant choice require raiders (even participating in world first) to create 2+ chars same class like legos did in Legion? Not only meta doesn't change for most specs, but also swaping covenant requires barely more than keeping current afloat and you keep imporant stuff - legos and conduits.

By the way, thing that just come to my mind - these internet celebs PRAISED Blizzard during Alpha/Beta for listening to players, contrasting it with how devs were deaf during BfA Beta. Of course covenant thing was heated argument, but almost everything else what I already mentioned (no AP grind, no titanforg, PVP vendor, targetable legos) was 'sign of listening to players'. So I don't even need to prove my point, they already did for me.

And your video is from late march '21. He said it in video just after Blizzcon (month earlier). He wasn't telling he has some secret info like Towellie, it was just bad prediction like when he said SL will launch '21 even before covid thing. But sadly people take this words as gospel.

Well, looks like I've used my luck with the shardhide. I only found 3 eggs so far on any one character as well. RNG being a bitch, true that.

As for the mount, even in the worst case it would onyl be like 5 times that and I doubt many other covenants go out of their way to wait for popo or fleshwing unless needed. I mean look at the stygian crusher that drops the venthyr one, that is 1.3% and people surely don't go out of their way to get that one done with the stupid flight involved. I guess the actual drop rate is around 2.0-3.0% all things considered.
    When I said "reasonable" drop rates I wasn't thinking of 10%, but something like that - 1 or 2% (there is massive difference between 1% and 2% btw, it's 1 in 100 vs. 1 in 50). It's standard for raid mounts you raid weekly, so it's fine for rare you can farm daily and doesn't require clearing instance before (also let's face it, many people farm mounts on more than 1 char).

Arachnoid that I consider too low drop is something around 1 in 500, also with much longer spawn rate that any Korthia rare. And WoW can get even worse, Pandaria world bosses are 1 in 2000 - and they are weekly, not daily.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2021-08-07 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    He could as well ask them to remove LFR. Cov swap restriction was their design choice for the moment. You don't make demands against the current design choice and than go "lol they don't listen".
    I think it's a poor comparison because the restriction of covenants isn't on the same level as LFR, not even close.

Second, it still stands that Blizzard rejected player feedback on that front.
    And your video is from late march '21. He said it in video just after Blizzcon (month earlier). He wasn't telling he has some secret info like Towellie, it was just bad prediction like when he said SL will launch '21 even before covid thing. But sadly people take this words as gospel.
    Because that video was about the 9.1 in august prediction, Preach didn't say shit about 9.1 at Blizzcon because Shadowlands was just announced by that point.

You seem confused.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    .Because that video was about the 9.1 in august prediction, Preach didn't say shit about 9.1 at Blizzcon because Shadowlands was just announced by that point.

You seem confused.
    Do I seriously must spell out to you I meant Blizzconline in February?

7+ Year Old Account
    I think it's a poor comparison because the restriction of covenants isn't on the same level as LFR, not even close.

Second, it still stands that Blizzard rejected player feedback on that front.
    And they fulfilled it on different fronts. Feedback is heard, but was never guaranteed to be fulfilled. Again, this time it went against their current design plan.

Also, as soon as SL launched, all the QQ about Cov swaps died pretty much instantly, as if entire thing was blown waaay out of proportions in the first place. I specifically remember Preach saying that the real problem are Cov abilities, that Venth will be mandatory for M+ skips etc. Nothing like that happened, entire swap thing become an inconvenience at most. Overreaction for the clicks at it's best.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-08-07 at 04:37 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Do I seriously must spell out to you I meant Blizzconline in February?
    You're free to post any videos of Preach saying that 9.1 will happen in August.

Not the sort of "9.1 will be late", which most people could piece together by them having barely anything to show at Blizzcon, Preach saying "9.1 will be in August".
    And they fulfilled it on different fronts. Feedback is heard, but was never guaranteed to be fulfilled. Again, this time it went against their current design plan.
    Thanks for stating the obvious, doesn't change the fact what i said earlier: Blizzard did not listen to every aspect of player feedback.

And the feedback was frankly not something that is entirely unreasonable - heck, Ion even hinted at it being possible to implement if necessary.
    Also, as soon as SL launched, all the QQ about Cov swaps died pretty much instantly, as if entire thing was blown waaay out of proportions in the first place.
    I think most people accepted it and now simply dealt with it, that doesn't mean they enjoy it or are fine with it.

I saw some complaints about covenant swapping with 9.1, because Blizzard rebalanced them and thus changed the BiS covenants for some specs.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-08-07 at 05:05 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for stating the obvious, doesn't change the fact what i said earlier: Blizzard did not listen to every aspect of player feedback.

And the feedback was frankly not something that is entirely unreasonable - heck, Ion even hinted at it being possible to implement if necessary.

I think most people accepted it and now simply dealt with it, that doesn't mean they enjoy it or are fine with it.

I saw some complaints about covenant swapping with 9.1, because Blizzard rebalanced them and thus changed the BiS covenants for some specs.
    Seems they didn't deem it necessary. I remember 8.2, when every week players have been making posts/threads/requests about making Essences account wide and to simplify acquisition process, until Blizz fulfilled it. They didn't make those requests about Covs posts release. That's why I deem entire thing to be a pre-launch fake problem.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-08-07 at 05:14 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    You're free to post any videos of Preach saying that 9.1 will happen in August.

Not the sort of "9.1 will be late", which most people could piece together by them having barely anything to show at Blizzcon, Preach saying "9.1 will be in August".
    Sneaky, now you try to narrow it. All I said Preach put stupid predictions like SL will be 2021 or 9.1 August and later people take them as gospel. And @Makabreska above gave even more examples of stuff like that.

There you go.

2'50'' "This patch is long long away. I would expect towards August before we actually see anything."

So it's even better, he expected PTR in August xD.

Sneaky, now you try to narrow it. All I said Preach put stupid predictions like SL will be 2021 or 9.1 August and later people take them as gospel.
    Alright, fair enough, i however did not see a lot of people going around and talking about it Towelie mentioned it in his stream a month later, it was also then picked up by news sites.
    If you set up timestamps, at least make sure they also capture the part of the video you want to link, that timestamp literally starts right after Preach said the quote you mentioned.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Alright, fair enough, i however did not see a lot of people going around and talking about it Towelie mentioned it in his stream a month later, it was also then picked up by news sites.

If you set up timestamps, at least make sure they also capture the part of the video you want to link, that timestamp literally starts right after Preach said the quote you mentioned.
    Oh, didn't noticed, probably youtube auto did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    - Return to Azeroth / Old World Revamp: this one is tricky because as discussed before it would require a lot of resources from Blizzard, however, they have been updating tons of assets over the past few years which could be easily reused, so there is that. The context is also important because this could happen either after we defeat the Jailer and perhaps enjoy a period of peace, or after we lose to the Jailer and some kind of reality reset happens.
    It's tough because it's a huge investment but with a benefit that only becomes felt over the long term.

Cataclysm was a bold expansion, but also short-sighted. It left the entire world in chaos long after its story concluded. Everything is still on fire, flooded or whatever the hell is going on in Westfall. A revamp would entail a return to normalcy. This doesn't mean Cataclysm or any of its events get retconned. But merely aged and eroded away down to something less crazy, more akin to Vanilla.

It's a soft reset of Azeroth. But it's an important reset. Redoing the world in this way creates a baseline for all other content. The usual quests will double as end-game world quests that will keep supplementing any end-game content of any future expansion and there by absorbing some of the content drought that plague the subscriber stability.

This doesn't have to mean that all these zones now become sleepy, boring places where bandits are stealing cabbages. On top of this fresh coat of normal, Blizzard can launch all kinds of unique, recurring events like instanced invasions. Now they can go totally crazy. Entire rifts breaking the reality of the zone, comets striking down, magma tornadoes. Anything can happen here because the whole thing is conditional and will end once the timer runs out or players complete the objective.

I do believe that Blizzard can take this even further, include old expansions into this treatment. But that's a crazy amount of work and from an outsider's perspective this seems unrealistic.

More realistic is to not 'revamp' old expansions but instead use their existing content and make it somehow relevant. Like world quests and bonus objectives. If a max-level player feels like grinding Gronnlings in Draenor then that should be a possibility without it feeling frivolous. It doesn't need to be a huge incentive, but there should be something in it that lets such actions contribute to the overall progress, like artefact power or reputation.

Legion, BfA and Shadowlands are good to go already. They don't need any rehaul other than bringing their emissaries back into rotation and giving a means to convert their rewards into relevant material.

Anyway, the idea is clear I hope. Revamp the crazy Cataclysm scars, pull all the old content into the fold, make it viable again.

If Blizzard succeeds at this, they've got something truly addictive on their hands. It means WoW has gotten so huge that it becomes its own palette cleanser. By the time the player exhausted one part of the game, the other parts already feel like fresh content again.

I'm looking foward to next week's secret quest, the only thing we know is that Anduin's compass gives an in-game cutscene of him talking with Sylvanas... though we have no idea what was said because the datamined cutscene had no dialogue. And barely any animations.

Though judging by the party's eyes in the last few seconds, he says something surprising. Maybe "Azeroth"? Check 1:17... Bolar's eyebrows go way up.
    Last edited by Nagawithlegs; 2021-08-07 at 07:33 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Interesting, Primus at the end of chapter say he already called covenants to bring sigils to Korthia.