Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amunrasonther View Post
    I too am underwhelmed. Thankfully I'm strictly a Classic player these days.

The new class is so random. Like @Teriz said, 2 specs for such a class that utilizes all the dragonflights is inexcusable. The new class being locked to one race and that new race not having ANY other class choices is further proof of how out of touch these "developers" are.

New features aside, there are so many simple features that could have easily boosted player enthusiasm.

Such as:

New race/class combos
    New heritage sets
    Showcase of new spells for existing classes!!!
    A new profession
    New BGs
    Guild Halls
    Class Skins
    New classes (Tinkers, Dark Rangers, Necromancers etc) and new races (Mogu, Sethrak, Arrakoa, Ethereals etc) that people have ACTUALLY asked for

The only things that interested me was a new class edition (random as it might be) and the modern take on old talent trees.
    I 100% agree with your opinion tbh. Nailed it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Buliwyf the Omen View Post
    As a Shapeshifter player for so many years across all different Games I dont really mind it that much.

Combat may be the most crucial part in WoW but there are so many situations where you're not fighting it evens it out.
    Well yeah, that is what I thought when I first picked Worgen. But who honestly cares to swap back to human form every single time you exit combat? Especially when you immediately get put back when an enemy so much as glances at you?
    The world revamp dream will never die!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I am disappointed by the fact that the isles aren't flying.

But at least its compensated by how good the isles look.
    I like how it's not a theme park, dragonflight to each zone. Looks like an actual landmass this time round.
    I just think Ebonhorn is quite neat.

I hope they let us use our dragons outside of the Dragon Isles.

Quote Originally Posted by JDBlou View Post
    I like how it's not a theme park, dragonflight to each zone. Looks like an actual landmass this time round.
    That's good, at least. They're all somewhat bland zones, but they do look realistic, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Well yeah, that is what I thought when I first picked Worgen. But who honestly cares to swap back to human form every single time you exit combat? Especially when you immediately get put back when an enemy so much as glances at you?
    Honestly I never minded it and I love playing my Worgen.

I even did it inbetween pulls in m+ on my Hunter.

I always loved that going back into fighting mode with your Worgen / Druid Form.

I hope its a nice seamless animation
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    It just sounded ominous as if he would save that info for future use to something, that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Next class is Necromancer. Tinker will never happen.

You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

The only thing I'm really disappointed about is the new race, I'd honestly prefer every race to be able to choose to play Evoker, and the humanoid form is just a disguise (no need for new customization)
    This way is just.. Weird.. male elf and female human only? Surely we're missing something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    They keep using terms like "mid-range", focus on breath and claws which are fairly close-quarters, and wear mail instead of cloth/leather. I imagine they will not be too squishy.
    Really makes me even more disappointed at the lack of a tank spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Yusefstrasza View Post
    Theres gonna be SO much more to learn and discover about Dragonflight in the upcoming months. Its gonna be exciting.
    maybe for you, it seems lacklustre and im not excited at all

also the casting for dracthyr wth charge up abilities, good luck when world lag is shit

It's growing on me. Think I'll make a dragon riding dark iron dwarf warrior. Not touching the new race with a ten foot pole tho. They're probably going to be everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    The only thing I'm really disappointed about is the new race, I'd honestly prefer every race to be able to choose to play Evoker, and the humanoid form is just a disguise (no need for new customization)
    This way is just.. Weird.. male elf and female human only? Surely we're missing something.
    Do we 100% know that the race is locked though?

It doesnt make much sense in my eyes that the male is just the Blood Elf rig, but yet the female one is the human one.

Maybe they just didnt show them, as slim as that chance is, just yet? Because they arent done that much?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    It just sounded ominous as if he would save that info for future use to something, that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Next class is Necromancer. Tinker will never happen.

You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

Just going to leave this here for anyone else that might be curious -

"Dracthyr have wings so they get to fly and they use the same style of momentum and gravity that dragonriding drakes do." - Graham Berger, Senior Game Designer

https://www.ausgamers.com/features/read/3639901

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Not exactly, but can you tell which class is which without being told? Absolutely not.
    A number of them are pretty easy to tell apart, what are you talking about?

Also the fact that they aren't recognizable isn't a defecit. This isn't ffxiv where we get sets that are aesthetically the same for each class every expac. Diversity of design is good. That doesn't mean they're samey.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    That's good, at least. They're all somewhat bland zones, but they do look realistic, at least.
    I feel like.... bland is good? Like they went really outlandish with Shadowlands and look how that turned out for them.

Bland means it feels like it belongs as part of Azeroth at this point. It's things we've seen before.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Looks very half elfish for the females to me, I remember seeing similar concepts for half elves flying around before BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Really makes me even more disappointed at the lack of a tank spec.
    But it was meant to be definitely Tinker right?

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I think that, and this is just my guess, Blizzard is going to do almost everything they can to keep us in the Dragon Isles or new content this expansion, hence the AH in the new city. They don't want us going back to the old world.

Which makes me think that 11.0 is going to be the world revamp where the new systems and tech is enabled in the old world content.

My idea for a fix to Dracthyr:

Allow the humanoid form to be a number of classes, like warrior, mage, etc

Have the "Full" race (with human and dragon forms) be locked to Evoker

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Nope. Confirmed in an interview to be a Dragon isles only thing.

I greatly would've preferred Teriz's approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    Can we get some of these beards on Humans? They actually look decent.

Pretty sure that's the already available human beard style, just fit to a Blood Elf base