1. #5081
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    35,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    For once the Jailer fanboy is right, there will never be an expansion "about Dragons". There will be an expansion "about the Void", "featuring Dragons".

    The Dragons are literally some Titan-enhanced beasts, they're not carrying an expansion. Especially after they lost whatever power they had.

    I don't know why people here have this fascination for "omg dragons!! dragon isles!!" but realistically Alexstrasza's bikini armor can only carry an expansion so much. If the dragons ever become relevant again it will be because the Void Lords have found a way into reality or N'Zoth has returned.
    I still say there's your hook. Dragons need their power back because of some incoming cosmic threat, we need to delve into old Titan mysteries to get them back.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    I'm surprised no one has pitched the "I'm a disgruntled developer - here are the 10.0 plans" narrative given current goings on. But I suppose that would be in bad taste.
    Someone did on 4chan a few weeks ago but it was mostly just doom porn about how Activision was ruining everything and WoW might die because Asmongold is playing FF14 now.
    WoW has Cancer. First you cut out the cancer (abusive devs), then you assign an aggressive treatment plan (major design rework) to save it.

    Or you just let it die because that's too expensive.

    FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

  2. #5082
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Someone did on 4chan a few weeks ago but it was mostly just doom porn about how Activision was ruining everything and WoW might die because Asmongold is playing FF14 now.
    Yeah, that never struck me as a "leak," as it were. More of a muddled exposé.

    But yeah, Wrathion found some answer to draconic sterility in the Dragon Isles. Expansion writes itself. Just let me play as something draconic to experience it - a class, race, or both - and I'll slog through whatever trash they sling at us.

  3. #5083
    It is actually quite odd to consider that we would usually be knee deep in speculatio nabotu the next expansion by now. Those delays really do end up affecting us all these days.

    The only question is. Which likely 10.0 expansion will have the highest quality leak?
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  4. #5084
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    speculatio nabotu

  5. #5085
    Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    Careful with your accusations, or I might have to Fi xmys pacebar.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  6. #5086
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I still say there's your hook. Dragons need their power back because of some incoming cosmic threat, we need to delve into old Titan mysteries to get them back.
    You say this and yet Alexstrasza doesn't seem like she want that power back. She was more than willing to accept that the time of dragons was over, even saying something like "we must now see the age of mortals with mortal eyes". So she pretty much wants to be a mortal.

  7. #5087
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    You say this and yet Alexstrasza doesn't seem like she want that power back. She was more than willing to accept that the time of dragons was over, even saying something like "we must now see the age of mortals with mortal eyes". So she pretty much wants to be a mortal.
    Wrathion probably has a different perspective.
    And he isn't exactly about respecting other's self-destructive coping mechanisms over his particular brand of pragmatism.

  8. #5088
    Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    Wrathion probably has a different perspective.
    And he isn't exactly about respecting other's self-destructive coping mechanisms over his particular brand of pragmatism.
    Wrathion can go burn in hell. Not only this smug bastard is the reason WoD and Legion happened (and Blizzard somehow pretends that Anduin wanting revenge against his father's indirect murderer is a sign of Void corruption ), but he also stole spotlight in 8.3 that should have belonged to the Ren'dorei.

    I am so happy that Wrathion was replaced in Highmountain, I am joyful in fact.

  9. #5089
    Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    Where are the rumblings?
    Quite literally tomorrow. Last undatamined/previwed campaign chapter where the sigils get reformed/Primus tells us what's next.

    The stuff that Blizzard hides from PTR is usually the juicy stuff: see them hiding the end of the War Campaign in BFA.
    Last edited by Nagawithlegs; 2021-08-09 at 08:33 PM.

  10. #5090
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Wrathion can go burn in hell. Not only this smug bastard is the reason WoD and Legion happened (and Blizzard somehow pretends that Anduin wanting revenge against his father's indirect murderer is a sign of Void corruption ), but he also stole spotlight in 8.3 that should have belonged to the Ren'dorei.

    I am so happy that Wrathion was replaced in Highmountain, I am joyful in fact.
    That you're so engaged by the character speaks to the strength of the concept. Wrathion is pretty much the only consistently characterized character in modern WoW. And while I don't like him personally, I love him as a character. He has agency. He drives the plot forward. And his destination for the plot seems to be the Dragon Isles...

  11. #5091
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Wrathion can go burn in hell. Not only this smug bastard is the reason WoD and Legion happened (and Blizzard somehow pretends that Anduin wanting revenge against his father's indirect murderer is a sign of Void corruption ), but he also stole spotlight in 8.3 that should have belonged to the Ren'dorei.

    I am so happy that Wrathion was replaced in Highmountain, I am joyful in fact.
    The punch and the void whispers were not connected lol

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    That you're so engaged by the character speaks to the strength of the concept. Wrathion is pretty much the only consistently characterized character in modern WoW. And while I don't like him personally, I love him as a character. He has agency. He drives the plot forward. And his destination for the plot seems to be the Dragon Isles...
    I love him lol
    He’s just “hey long time no see” then “I think we should go check out my dead family to be able to save the world” then “oh that felt as real to me as it did you…I can’t believe you thought I would be corrupted that hurt my feelings” and did a badass dagger moment

  12. #5092
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Quite literally tomorrow. Last undatamined/previwed campaign chapter where the sigils get reformed/Primus tells us what's next.

    The stuff that Blizzard hides from PTR is usually the juicy stuff: see them hiding the end of the War Campaign in BFA.
    First rule of following WoW lore - don't hype yourself too much. 'Juicy' part of 8.2.5 chapter was not really story, but awesome CGI cinematic, kinda doubt we will see that here.

    But interesting part is what Primus said in last chapter - he already called covenants to bring sigils to Korthia. First, why Korthia? Second, this is thing I would rather expect for 8.2 intro (opening way to Sepulcher).

  13. #5093
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Wrathion can go burn in hell. Not only this smug bastard is the reason WoD and Legion happened (and Blizzard somehow pretends that Anduin wanting revenge against his father's indirect murderer is a sign of Void corruption ), but he also stole spotlight in 8.3 that should have belonged to the Ren'dorei.

    I am so happy that Wrathion was replaced in Highmountain, I am joyful in fact.
    And this is one of the reasons why I love this character. I have a couple of Void Elf characters. But I think that they are treated too well.
    They play with a power which is even more dangerous than Fel.

    Anyway, having them in the Alliance is like the Vatican accepting Satanists in their ranks.

  14. #5094
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    First rule of following WoW lore - don't hype yourself too much. 'Juicy' part of 8.2.5 chapter was not really story, but awesome CGI cinematic, kinda doubt we will see that here.

    But interesting part is what Primus said in last chapter - he already called covenants to bring sigils to Korthia. First, why Korthia? Second, this is thing I would rather expect for 8.2 intro (opening way to Sepulcher).
    The cinematic was neat and all for sure, and that questline in particular was indeed filled with them, with both a pre-rendered and CGI cinematic.

    However, what it did do, which was what really sparked activity on the forums was that it conclusively put a nail in the coffin of the Faction War story being given a proper ending, and solidified that the N'zoth storyline would trundle along, no matter how inane.

    This new questline will have an in-game cutscene at least, and could in theory have more.
    However most importantly it will give a good indication of where the story will go next. We could get confirmation of where the Sepulcher is, or what the Jailer wants. We could have actual lore from the Primus on what the Jailer is planning to do, or whether we will even be able to follow him right after.
    For all we know the ending could be Anduin saying how the Sepulcher is hidden in the ruins of Azjol-Nerub, and that the Jailer is going there through the veil in Icecrown. Setting the stage for the next patch taking place on Azeroth again.

    Tomorrow will be interesting for the forums no matter what. Cinematics might be what looks the most impressive, but lorewise a story development like this that is hidden from the players and has potentially important info is exciting on its own.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  15. #5095
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    35,313
    Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    That you're so engaged by the character speaks to the strength of the concept. Wrathion is pretty much the only consistently characterized character in modern WoW. And while I don't like him personally, I love him as a character. He has agency. He drives the plot forward. And his destination for the plot seems to be the Dragon Isles...
    You know for how little he shows up, I do have to admit Wrathion might be WoW's best "Morally Grey" character.

    Does he do evil things? No.

    Does he do good things? Sometimes.

    But no matter what he's always working toward his agenda and nobody else's. He's playing a bigger picture game and we're all just pieces in his game.
    WoW has Cancer. First you cut out the cancer (abusive devs), then you assign an aggressive treatment plan (major design rework) to save it.

    Or you just let it die because that's too expensive.

    FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

  16. #5096
    Quote Originally Posted by scubi666stacy View Post
    And this is one of the reasons why I love this character. I have a couple of Void Elf characters. But I think that they are treated too well.
    They play with a power which is even more dangerous than Fel.

    Anyway, having them in the Alliance is like the Vatican accepting Satanists in their ranks.
    The Ren'dorei have more than proven their worth to the Alliance, as I had anticipated since like 4 years ago.

    In the recent novel Shadows Rising Anduin even complimented Alleria's methods, unlike the stupid Jaina who forgot what universe she's in.

    "Oh bohohoho Alleria and Turalyon mindraped a civilian" like the Forsaken haven't been doing that for 15 years and on a mass scale, don't even make me laugh.

    Oops, too late

  17. #5097
    Scarab Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    4,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    But no matter what he's always working toward his agenda and nobody else's. He's playing a bigger picture game and we're all just pieces in his game.
    Oh hey, just like a certain high elf ranger!
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

  18. #5098
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    35,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Oh hey, just like a certain high elf ranger!
    Wait Alleria's doing something other than being put in a box where Blizz can forget about her because they need Void to be bad again?
    WoW has Cancer. First you cut out the cancer (abusive devs), then you assign an aggressive treatment plan (major design rework) to save it.

    Or you just let it die because that's too expensive.

    FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

  19. #5099
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    You know for how little he shows up, I do have to admit Wrathion might be WoW's best "Morally Grey" character.

    Does he do evil things? No.

    Does he do good things? Sometimes.

    But no matter what he's always working toward his agenda and nobody else's. He's playing a bigger picture game and we're all just pieces in his game.
    And more importantly, it feels earned with him. From the moment he hatched.

  20. #5100
    Fluffy Parrot Marlamin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,904
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Were there any interesting small updates like the updated animation rigs for mounts (mammoth, maybe dragonhawk based on the new animations for the Sylvanas mount)
    Not that I'm aware of. There were a bunch of "future animation" placeholder slots added in 9.1 but that could be for literally anything. Classic PTR has some tech changes that haven't appeared in mainline WoW yet, but nothing that points to a specific type of content.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •