I wonder what their racials are going to be. Maybe the pseudo-dragonriding outside of the Dragon Isles Ion talked about will be one of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    I don't want to play Alexstraza, i want to play my own character, my humanoid dragon who can be what he want
    You have 20 other races to choose from to be what you want. Leave the dragon race alone.

then let me assume any form as visage
    If you want to be a Gnome that uses magic, just be a Gnome mage.

I don't want to play Alexstraza, i want to play my own character, my humanoid dragon who can be what he want

This is literally against the concept of a Role-playing game, capping your choices.

You guys dont realize how this is awful, imagine if the concept of pandaren monk was only about chen? and you could only play Chen, a monk that is a pandaren, and a pandaren that is monk?

Rly, stop defending blizzard for their nonsense.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...ons_ranked_by/

Panda ANYTHING BUT MONK isn't even in the top 150 race combos. Yes, it is cool that Pandas can be other things, but from a development standpoint... should they have been?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post

Panda ANYTHING BUT MONK isn't even in the top 150 race combos. Yes, it is cool that Pandas can be other things, but from a development standpoint... should they have been?
    It makes no sense that Pandaren should have been limited to monks, it isn't hurting anyone that they can be. Dracthyr have much less of a reason to be other classes, but I still want that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Okay, but when you put the Dracthyr into those classes, they can no longer fly in combat, breathe fire, or utilize their other natural weapons. They are now locked into the conventions of this other class. It completely defeats their purpose as a race that can utilize their natural draconic gifts.
    A Dragon race not flying or breathing fire is the same as a Worgen/Night Elf as anything but druid, an Orc as anything but shaman, etc.

There is no reason a Dracthyr wouldn't want to shoot a gun and only shoot guns and they shouldn't keep them from doing it at a later date. Let people play what they want, the game isn't some piece of art.

Yes, stop turning everything into a popularity contest. Things can exist even if they aren't popular.

You have 20 other races to choose from to be what you want. Leave the dragon race alone.
    not op, but 20 other races, but none of them will be able to turn into dragon, your argument is pointless in that case tbh.

Visage image is a visage, illusion so the available race illusions should increase every patch at least like i said before.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    It makes no sense that Pandaren should have been limited to monks, it isn't hurting anyone that they can be. Dracthyr have much less of a reason to be other classes, but I still want that as well.
    I do too, but in a much less prosperous Blizzard (at the time of DF's development) I can see why they limited the race to just its main class. It's not like they aren't shy about admitting other classes can come later.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malorne the White Stag View Post
    Yes, stop turning everything into a popularity contest. Things can exist even if they aren't popular.
    Try explaining that to a resource development manager in a floundering company.

I'm not supporting it, I'm explaining why it happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Dragon race not flying or breathing fire is the same as a Worgen/Night Elf as anything but druid, an Orc as anything but shaman, etc.

There is no reason a Dracthyr wouldn't want to shoot a gun and only shoot guns and they shouldn't keep them from doing it at a later date. Let people play what they want, the game isn't some piece of art.
    In lore Worgen and Night Elves are more than just druids.

In lore, Alexstraza, Wrathion, Kalecgos, Chromie, etc. are ONLY Dragons. Dracthyr are modeled after those characters.

7+ Year Old Account

who cares if they aren't in top 150? this is reasons to not make something?

Of course they should have being, you guys rly walk a dangerous path in game development to think this, imagine denying minority choices because they are not the majority, im sure history always told this how this end up great.

What the heck this is supposed to mean?

How the "dragon race" being able to play any class will take anything from you? such nonsense

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    not op, but 20 other races, but none of them will be able to turn into dragon, your argument is pointless in that case tbh.
    If you want to turn into a dragon, you can be a Dracthyr Evoker. It's pointless to be a dragon and a Shaman or a Death Knight.

In lore Worgen and Night Elves are more than just druids.

In lore, Alexstraza, Wrathion, Kalecgos, Chromie, etc. are ONLY Dragons. Dracthyr are modeled after those characters.
    I am arguing against your point that a race should be using its natural gifts.

The more I think about it, the more i dislike how Dracthyr have a visage form at all.
    Just make them full dragons and work from there.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Try explaining that to a resource development manager in a floundering company.

I'm not supporting it, I'm explaining why it happened.
    Allowing the rac to be other class isn't going to cost us a raid tier my dude, all the models use the same animations by default, hell, they are already using the model from the demons in Legion, there is so much you can do without actually putting effort.

The drachtyr can't be other classes because the devs are lazy, and build the dragon form as a glorified druid form, who can't use items like worgens do
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2022-04-22 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    The more I think about it, the more i dislike how Dracthyr have a visage form at all.
    Regardless of the memes comparing them to Au Ra, I have seen enough support for the visage/demands for visage only combat that I 100% see why they did it.

That's on top of it likely being a silent majority type race: see the billions of widely hated Horde belves.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It's a cool concept that they have one like regular dragons do, but it will be ruined by people wanting to only play as the blood elf/human models. The dragon race must be dragons first, visage second.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    It's a cool concept that they have one like regular dragons do, but it will be ruined by people wanting to only play as the blood elf/human models. The dragon race must be dragons first, visage second.
    FWIW the visage form seems to be complete aesthetically, so they have until launch to add to the Dragon bodies themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    What the heck this is supposed to mean?

How the "dragon race" being able to play any class will take anything from you? such nonsense
    Because expanding it beyond it's intended purpose potentially ruins the concept. A better option is to just ask Blizzard to make Drakonoids playable (the big ugly dumb kind). It probably won't happen, but its better than attempting to ruin an excellent concept.

FWIW the visage form seems to be complete aesthetically, so they have until launch to add to the Dragon bodies themselves.
    They are currently, but it was mentioned in an interview they are open to the idea of letting people fight in visage form.

Because expanding it beyond it's intended purpose potentially ruins the concept. A better option is to just ask Blizzard to make Drakonoids playable. It probably won't happen, but its better than attempting to ruin an excellent concept.
    While increasing the classes for Dracthyr will likely decrease the chances of Draknoids (something I don't think people have realized yet) it's silly to claim expanding classes for Dracthyr ruins them, when class expansions haven't ruined any other races in the past nor do I think that has ever been popular opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malorne the White Stag View Post
    They are currently, but it was mentioned in an interview they are open to the idea of letting people fight in visage form.
    Right. But the art is done for the visage forms so the art team would have the time to work on the Dracthyr models.