10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post
    Funny enough, the Evoker is my least favorite set.

it feels really weird for the ninth to be warlock when you can clearly distinguish a dragon face sticking out of a hood

5+ Year Old Account
    It's kind of sad that they wear mail. I would've preferred to see the visage forms in robes.

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    Every list I've seen of which set is for which class here seems wrong so here is what I see :

1. rogue (dark with shadows)
    2. druid (pelts and claws)
    3. priest (this is my only guess as it has no definitve priest traits except for the colour)

4. monk (ninja and beeds)
    5. paladin (light runes and light crystals)
    6. warrior (stones, boulders, rough)

7. death knight (horns, looks similar to previous DK sets, dragon skulls on knees)
    8. warlock (horns, ritualist type set)
    9. evoker (dragon face)
    10. demon hunter (demon hunter horns)

11. shaman (looks similar to the T10 set, animal skull and crystals)
    12. mage (mage orbs on shoulders)
    13. hunter (dragon skull as a helmet, lightweight)
    You’ve got a lot right! They’ve officially revealed the classes, though

3 is Shaman

7 is Evoker (it’s got dragon horns, dragon boots, but is also made of scales and mail)

8 is Priest

9 is Warlock

11 is DK, which is cool, we never get ice-themed sets for them

Others are spot on!

Yellow definitely is the most easily identifiable set

Every list I've seen of which set is for which class here seems wrong so here is what I see :
    [IMG]
    You got most right, but you mistook Shaman for Priest, Evoker for DK, Priest for Warlock, Warlock for Evoker and DK for Shaman.

I.e.
    3. Shaman (it's lightning and craggy rock, come on)
    7. Evoker
    8. Priest
    9. Warlock
    11. Death Knight

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Merryck View Post
    It's kind of sad that they wear mail. I would've preferred to see the visage forms in robes.
    Well, between Shamans and Evokers, there still should be some.

And Mail is currently the least used type, so it makes sense they'd want one more. Besides, they naturally wear "scale mail".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Funny enough, the Evoker is my least favorite set.
    I'd like to see the details and in-game model, in that image it looks a bit too much like the DS Warrior set, but we'll see.

it feels really weird for the ninth to be warlock when you can clearly distinguish a dragon face sticking out of a hood
    Well, all of the sets are themed after elemental protodrakes. That's kinda par for the course.

Don't know if I'm just acting like a sore looser or if it's because the warlock set on a drakthyr would be really sweet looking

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I dunno. Galak is a cataclysmic lvl threat. Plus his size. Fits final boss better.
    I agree, but the leak said Moruzond is the final boss. The leak 4 days before the reveal that got everything right. They said 3 things.

Moruzond final boss
    Allied race coming for preorder
    Release date for Dragonflight Q1 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/npc=162688/p...al#modelviewer
    The pose of venthyrs would look great on them. That snobbish, arrogant, powerful pose would fit perfectly.
    Honestly yeah. They don't even have to make a new idle pose from scratch, they really can just tweak the Venthyr one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    The villains of the first raid are the "Primals." The Dragon Isles are a little like Zareth Mortis in that it has all the machinery the Titans used to make the Dragonflights: There are so many kinds of Dragons because they were trying to perfect the process. The Primals are the first draft of dragons: Dragons that are almost entirely elemental in form.
    You can use your eyes to look at the many people still guessing wrong, right now, in this thread even though the class the sets belong to have already been identified.

And trying to say use robes as a disqualifier for paladin is melting my brain: They've given Paladin robes for their tier more times than any other non-cloth wearer.
    OK, but through the powers of deduction you can tell the Paldain set is obviously plate. And has holy runes on the shoulder things like the priest set. Its the first set I identified. Of course I have mained a paladin for 15 years, so it was easy for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JDBlou View Post
    The primals are Dragons who didn't like the titans bestowing power on the Aspects and oppose them, they're dragon supremacists basically. They're the manifestation of the ancestral link between the elementals and the dragons we know today.

- - - Updated - - -

The problem with Galakrond imo as a final boss, unless they build him up character wise in the expac, he's just a mindless devourer.
    Yeah, Hes Deathwing level, but even dumber. I know he has some dialogue in a book, but I don't think they have time to build him up. Although they successfully built up the Thunder King for MoP's 5.2 patch, so it could be done, but I have less faith in blizzards narrative ability these days.

Moruzond is still very powerful, and charasmatic/intellegent. Its much easier to make him final boss.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    People already "mythbust" that, their rig/model was from the eredar/manari/demons from Argus/Legion. So, saying they came before incubus, to me is pure copium, as its prob the other way around.
    Man explains how he is certain that the rig is pre-Incubus by several years.

Same man, in same post, also claims it is "copium" to say the rig predates the Incubus.

Holy shit.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathwell View Post
    That's nonsensical, people were definitely struggling to tell them apart (and hell, I still am even after having seen the labels, I have to keep going back to check what's what)

They've been particularly bad at representing class fantasies lately, they seem to focus more on the tier theme. Contrast that with many old sets where you could instantly see what class something is, or at the very least see instantly which sets are cloth or plate.
    There are obvious bits and pieces that tells you at least what 9 or 10 out of 13 are clearly. Deduction can give you the rest. But eh, clearly some people have trouble with it. Idk how, but its obvious now that they arent as easy to tell apart as I assumed they were. So ill partially concede that point.

I'm going to love being in the capital city with dragons flying all over the place. I loved that about Wyrmrest Temple.

10+ Year Old Account
    The proto-dragons descend from elementals who avoided being imprisoned in the Elemental Plane and instead remained on Azeroth, where some of them gradually transformed into creatures of flesh and blood.
    from https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Proto-dragon
    See I was under the impression that Titans molded some into Dragons, but it was natural evolution? I guess they were dragon shaped elementals until the curse of flesh hit?

- - - Updated - - -

If Murozond and an infinite dragonflight raid is the final raid, I wonder how they'll theme the tier armor. All black and glowy white scales could be a teeny bit boring (like Sepulchre)
    Prob a few different themes. Black and glowy for sure. Also could have a lot of bronze sandy time themes.

Probably more diverse than ZM tiers, but less diverse than the Dragonflight Primal tier.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    They could theme it after heroes of the past (snacked from different timelines)! Sylvanas set for hunters, Doomhammer for warriors etc.
    Thats a great idea too!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I wonder if they do it now because it's finally possible to collect an entire cosmetic set now that the Creation Catalyst is a thing.
    Yeah, I suppose that makes sense. Or it could be as simple as they realized the sets being made fit better into the primal raid than the next one. Perhaps they weren't sure that was going to be the first raid yet, but the artists already had them concepted out. Who knows.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I mean is that a problem?

They spent an entire expansion building up the Jailer and he went over like a wet fart. As folks love to point out, we learned more about Stoney Boy in one trailer than we did about the Jailer in 2 years.

Heck, Blizz seems content to let the Dragonflights be the driving drama of this expansion anyway. Look how little they talked about the Primalists and the Primal Dragons and how much they spent talking about "The Dragonflights have to decide who they want to be in this new age" and about the vacancies in the Emerald and Black flights.
    Speaking of which, I wonder what the catalyst will be that finally makes Nozdormu snap? If he's ever going to do it in WoW this is the perfect time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    I just don't want to fight a fuckhuge dragon again.

Also so the dracthyr were bred with dragons and vrykul I saw someone say?

Hmm.

I now wonder how many versions of "Baddragon" names have been claimed already...
    If you don't want to fight big dragons, this might not be the expansion for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Merryck View Post
    Evoker are to Mages what Demon Hunters are to Warlocks. I think that's neat.
    Eh, they have elemental and arcane spells sure, but half their abilities are likely going to be dragon based instead of casting based. I don't think they are as similar as we think. Who knows though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I agree, but the leak said Moruzond is the final boss. The leak 4 days before the reveal that got everything right. They said 3 things.

Moruzond final boss
    Allied race coming for preorder
    Release date for Dragonflight Q1 2023.
    I buy it.

Also I’m positive that the new AR will be Tuskarr. That should make up for people who wanted a new race for the existing classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Galakrond already works much better as a lynchpin villain than the Jailer did.

We have the Primal dragons who worship him.
    We have his connection to the Dragon aspects, as well as dragon in general with being described as the progenitor of Dragons.
    He is deeply entwined with Titan lore, so you could bring Ulduar into the story.

And of course there is the big mystery of why he went bad to begin with, which is an intriguing story hook on its own.

Just have someone ressurect him, have the Dragon aspects philosophize on why they banded together to stop him in the first place, and then have some sort of payoff with Ulduar and the keepers.
    Done deal, and you have yourself the climax to a decently good story.
    Yeah, if done right it might be easier for blizzard to make him a compelling villain than it was for the Thunder King. Idk if they have the narrative chops to do it, but I think TK is the in the top 5 villains in WoW and he was invented in an expansion about Pandas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    Gameplay would be the same regardless. Abilities that you “charge up.”
    Each charge likely would have different effects. It makes no sense to make a casted ability charged unless they do something else with it, but they could do a lot.

Charged Aimed shot gives a haste buff.
    Charged Aimed shot is almost always a guaranteed crit.
    Chardged Aimed shot Hits 2 targets for full damage.

Lots they could do with it.

- - - Updated - - -

They have to do a world revamp eventually. Outside small boring islands like Balor or Tel'abim, there isn't much space left unexplored on Azeroth. So unless Blizzard wants to go to space and stay there they have to reuse old areas eventually.
    11.0 could be a world revamp but they might want to do cosmic again, so it very well could be 12.0.

I do think they will do it in the next 3 or 4 expansions, but aside from next xpac being the 20th anniversary, it makes more sense for 12.0.

11.0 Cosmic Light or void xpac.
    12.0 Down to Azeroth back to basics world revamp with housing.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    See I was under the impression that Titans molded some into Dragons, but it was natural evolution? I guess they were dragon shaped elementals until the curse of flesh hit?
    If I'm not mistaken, the curse of flesh only affected the titanforged creations, like the mechagnomes and Earthen.

I'd liken the Primalist drakes to Homo neanderthalensis/erectus while the Aspects would be the Homo sapien equivalent. Same common elemental ancestor species different fantasy evolutionary pressures.
    I just think Ebonhorn is quite neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexjimithing View Post
    I actually don't think DF is *that early* in development.

I mean if you go to the email they emailed out the URL says, 'Dragonflight Pre Purchase' and as we know from the leak they've already got the different editions planned out.
    Is there gonna be physical boxes?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Is there gonna be physical boxes?
    Probably only the collectors edition.
    I just think Ebonhorn is quite neat.