10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Probably each zone is effectively two zones; the leveling part and the endgame part. If each rep is getting its own campaign at max level, they need the space.
    Just by judging the Azure Span alone that one is definitely a few smaller zones worth since it has the Grizzly Hills zone, the Borean Tundra zone, and then the actual snowy and icy mountains of presumably another entire zone, all combined into one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rathwell View Post
    What AR leak would that be?
    Specifically what the allied race leak refers to that isn't someone's guess, is just that there was a leak before Dragonflight was announced that got a bunch of things right and anything it didn't get right isn't actually contradicted, it just hasn't been said yet (presumably). That leak said that there would be an allied race added in prepatch or as part of the pre-order, I forget which.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    The Preorder pet is supposedly a Tuskarr child. That alongside the new models, and a female Tuskarr is pushing people to believe that Tuskarr are potentially a new AR.
    When did this happen? Last I heard it used vulpera animations and that was literally all we actually knew. Did something change or are you just assuming?
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekkle View Post
    yea, i wanna look good
    Remember we still haven't seen everything, they may have much more they want to add.

10+ Year Old Account
    Side note, I would kill for tuskarr themed parka-style cold weather sets. BLIZZ PLEASE
    give up dat booty
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    When did this happen? Last I heard it used vulpera animations and that was literally all we actually knew. Did something change or are you just assuming?
    It's a rumor floating around, though I vaguely remember someone posting an image....

Anyway, a Tuskarr child WOULD have Vulpera animations. Then again, so would a small Dracthyr.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mekkle View Post
    yea, i wanna look good

You'll look great!

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I wonder what the Login screen will be.
    Alexstrasza needs to fly in front of our screens and roar in front of the Beacon of Tyrhold or I am rioting (in my backyard).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    It's a rumor floating around, though I vaguely remember someone posting an image....

Anyway, a Tuskarr child WOULD have Vulpera animations. Then again, so would a small Dracthyr.
    Not necessarily. Neither goblin nor vulpera are particularily round, and the whole point of it being vulpera rather than goblin (everyone assumed) was because of the tail, which tuskarr don't have. As far as I know, the allied races that has the most evidence for being set up right now is that darkfallen one, and the pre-order pet isn't likely related to that.
    give up dat booty
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Specifically what the allied race leak refers to that isn't someone's guess, is just that there was a leak before Dragonflight was announced that got a bunch of things right and anything it didn't get right isn't actually contradicted, it just hasn't been said yet (presumably). That leak said that there would be an allied race added in prepatch or as part of the pre-order, I forget which.
    Has that not since been pretty much confirmed that they're doing a 2.0 with Demon Hunter? I.e. when you preorder you get to play the new race/class several weeks early. I know there was a tweet that cryptically said we'd enjoy the preorder bonus and then a dragon gif too, so I don't see why it'd be anything other than that

In regards to the Dragon Isles zones supposedly being huge, and vertical, what is the current largest zone in game?

I'd like to mentally compare and theorise how much bigger Dragon Isles zones will be.

Not necessarily. Neither goblin nor vulpera are particularily round, and the whole point of it being vulpera rather than goblin (everyone assumed) was because of the tail, which tuskarr don't have. As far as I know, the allied races that has the most evidence for being set up right now is that darkfallen one, and the pre-order pet isn't likely related to that.
    Tuskarr children aren't fat, though you are right about the tail (tuskarr do have a small one but it is more like male pandaren tails). God, I hope blizz doesn't give us another freaking elf race. Be creative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I don't think the number of zones really matters. Remember that Pandaria was originally only very large 4 zones + Vale of Eternal Blossoms to thematically correspond with the Celestials. But they later split Valley of the Four Winds and Townlong Steppes into 2 zones each without changing the overall size of Pandaria.

Zones like Jade Forest and Kunlai felt very massive to me in MoP and supposedly the Dragon Isles zones will be even larger.

[IMG]https://kingtoko.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/world-of-warcraft-mists-of-pandaria-map.jpg[IMG]
    Kun-lai also doesn't even utilize it's mountains very much so a lot of the size of that zone is basically empty space. The Dragon Isles are supposed to be very vertical so they will most likely actually put things on the mountains instead of just using them as purely environmental pieces.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malorne the White Stag View Post
    Tuskarr children aren't fat, though you are right about the tail (tuskarr do have a small one but it is more like male pandaren tails). God, I hope blizz doesn't give us another freaking elf race. Be creative.
    Not fat, but the vulpera/goblin model is very skinny in comparison to what you would think of a baby walrus person! Can someone post the picture we have of the kids? I forgot what they even look like.

(And yeah, a little tail that doesn't move is basically no tail at all when we are discussing animations)
    give up dat booty
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Kun-lai also doesn't even utilize it's mountains very much so a lot of the size of that zone is basically empty space. The Dragon Isles are supposed to be very vertical so they will most likely actually put things on the mountains instead of just using them as purely environmental pieces.
    My issue with this is that if you've a very vertical zone that is huge, it'll feel smaller because there's less at each level. Stormpeaks, for insance, felt like a tiny zone to me because there's not all that much space to run around on at each level. The area around K3 feels really tiny. The zones doesn't feel like a large zone but rather many tiny zones cobbled together

7+ Year Old Account
    The Tuskarr kids have a Pygmie rig, you can see them in the Azure Span/Thaldraszus preview.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Has that not since been pretty much confirmed that they're doing a 2.0 with Demon Hunter? I.e. when you preorder you get to play the new race/class several weeks early. I know there was a tweet that cryptically said we'd enjoy the preorder bonus and then a dragon gif too, so I don't see why it'd be anything other than that
    Nah it is separate. The dracthyr isn't classified as an allied race despite reusing models we've seen before. They get their own starter zone and everything.
    give up dat booty
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

The Tuskarr kids have a Pygmie rig, you can see them in the Azure Span/Thaldraszus preview.
    Thank you! I know it looked familiar but couldn't place it. Anyway, I was leaning towards the pet being a DnD kobold rippoff.

7+ Year Old Account

Formerly known as Arafal

Lil' mock-up of what wearing gear is apparently going to be like, given that they can only wear shoulders and belts (and tabards)

Doesn't look too bad IMO, although I wish they'd at least give them chest pieces

10+ Year Old Account
    My issue with this is that if you've a very vertical zone that is huge, it'll feel smaller because there's less at each level. Stormpeaks, for insance, felt like a tiny zone to me because there's not all that much space to run around on at each level. The area around K3 feels really tiny. The zones doesn't feel like a large zone but rather many tiny zones cobbled together
    Well for the zone I was describing, we already know it will have a forest and an open tundra in addition to the mountains. Storm Peaks was ALL mountains and they took up a lot of space and had nothing on them for the most part. You couldn't climb them. In Drustvar the mountain looked like it would take up half the zone and make things small because we are used to mountains not being anything but obstacles and visual pieces, but you could climb right up and over that one and Drustvar felt pretty large. I think Kun-lai even had some areas where you could scale the mountain paths.

- - - Updated - - -

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/a6Mt85P.png[IMG]
    Thank you for that!

It doesn't look like it would need to utilize the vulpera animations.
    give up dat booty
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/a6Mt85P.png[IMG]
    Looks like that'd be same rig as the Goren

"Patch 9.2.5 will start to show some changes that have been going on on Azeroth while we were away. Some of it has been available on the PTR, but some hasn't happened yet."

What secrets are you hiding from us Blizz?!?!
    This is kind of weird because aside from the Dwarf and Belf quests, and I'm sure the Belf quest counts for this because of the lore update (Scourge attacking QT), the only thing we know is being updated is Tirisfal. So are we getting more?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    This is kind of weird because aside from the Dwarf and Belf quests, and I'm sure the Belf quest counts for this because of the lore update (Scourge attacking QT), the only thing we know is being updated is Tirisfal. So are we getting more?
    I think there is some stuff with tyrande getting a seed from ardenweald.