1. #54401
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In some Sanctuaryesque place or a Haven
    Posts
    43,679
    That at first looked like a gryphon allied race >.>
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

    Warrior-Magi

  2. #54402
    The Insane Arafal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Nextdrassil
    Posts
    17,375
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Duckthyr fixed!
    FTFY

    /10chars



  3. #54403
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Also on the zone scale what is interesting is that they said the DF zones individually are bigger than the ones in SL, but also that its one of the largest continents in general that they did. It's a 4-5 zone continent (depending if they count the starting zone) and most of the other large ones have at least 6-7 zones
    I don't think the number of zones really matters. Remember that Pandaria was originally only very large 4 zones + Vale of Eternal Blossoms to thematically correspond with the Celestials. But they later split Valley of the Four Winds and Townlong Steppes into 2 zones each without changing the overall size of Pandaria.

    Zones like Jade Forest and Kunlai felt very massive to me in MoP and supposedly the Dragon Isles zones will be even larger.


  4. #54404
    The Insane Arafal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Nextdrassil
    Posts
    17,375
    I wonder what the Login screen will be.



  5. #54405
    Stood in the Fire Greyfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    464
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I wonder what the Login screen will be.
    I'm going with the beacon thingy glowing, and some dragons flying around it.

  6. #54406
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post


    absolute gigachad, if AR leak truly happens i vote for either tuskarr or crunched to zandalari size vrykuls.
    What AR leak would that be?

  7. #54407
    Warchief Mekkle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    My desk, Lurkin'.
    Posts
    2,206
    Hope people push for fully armored dracthyr, don't wanna play a reskinned blood elf

  8. #54408
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,143
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathwell View Post
    What AR leak would that be?
    The Preorder pet is supposedly a Tuskarr child. That alongside the new models, and a female Tuskarr is pushing people to believe that Tuskarr are potentially a new AR.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mekkle View Post
    Hope people push for fully armored dracthyr, don't wanna play a reskinned blood elf
    They're not going to be fully armored because dragons aren't fully armored, despite their visage forms.

    Dracthyr are pretty much this;

    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-04-23 at 02:43 PM.

  9. #54409
    Herald of the Titans Izalla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,938
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathwell View Post
    I don't keep up with Retail. What changes have we seen on PTR so far?
    Almost none which is the whole issue. They have stuff encrypted so we can't see the biggest changes yet.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

  10. #54410
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekkle View Post
    Hope people push for fully armored dracthyr, don't wanna play a reskinned blood elf
    Their scales are essentially their armour... Anything extra is usually ornamental.

  11. #54411
    Warchief Mekkle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    My desk, Lurkin'.
    Posts
    2,206
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    Their scales are essentially their armour... Anything extra is usually ornamental.
    yea, i wanna look good

  12. #54412
    Herald of the Titans Izalla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,938
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Probably each zone is effectively two zones; the leveling part and the endgame part. If each rep is getting its own campaign at max level, they need the space.
    Just by judging the Azure Span alone that one is definitely a few smaller zones worth since it has the Grizzly Hills zone, the Borean Tundra zone, and then the actual snowy and icy mountains of presumably another entire zone, all combined into one.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rathwell View Post
    What AR leak would that be?
    Specifically what the allied race leak refers to that isn't someone's guess, is just that there was a leak before Dragonflight was announced that got a bunch of things right and anything it didn't get right isn't actually contradicted, it just hasn't been said yet (presumably). That leak said that there would be an allied race added in prepatch or as part of the pre-order, I forget which.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    The Preorder pet is supposedly a Tuskarr child. That alongside the new models, and a female Tuskarr is pushing people to believe that Tuskarr are potentially a new AR.
    When did this happen? Last I heard it used vulpera animations and that was literally all we actually knew. Did something change or are you just assuming?
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

  13. #54413
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekkle View Post
    yea, i wanna look good
    Remember we still haven't seen everything, they may have much more they want to add.

  14. #54414
    Herald of the Titans Izalla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,938
    Side note, I would kill for tuskarr themed parka-style cold weather sets. BLIZZ PLEASE
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

  15. #54415
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,143
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    When did this happen? Last I heard it used vulpera animations and that was literally all we actually knew. Did something change or are you just assuming?
    It's a rumor floating around, though I vaguely remember someone posting an image....

    Anyway, a Tuskarr child WOULD have Vulpera animations. Then again, so would a small Dracthyr.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mekkle View Post
    yea, i wanna look good


    You'll look great!

  16. #54416
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I wonder what the Login screen will be.
    Alexstrasza needs to fly in front of our screens and roar in front of the Beacon of Tyrhold or I am rioting (in my backyard).

  17. #54417
    Herald of the Titans Izalla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,938
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    It's a rumor floating around, though I vaguely remember someone posting an image....

    Anyway, a Tuskarr child WOULD have Vulpera animations. Then again, so would a small Dracthyr.
    Not necessarily. Neither goblin nor vulpera are particularily round, and the whole point of it being vulpera rather than goblin (everyone assumed) was because of the tail, which tuskarr don't have. As far as I know, the allied races that has the most evidence for being set up right now is that darkfallen one, and the pre-order pet isn't likely related to that.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

  18. #54418
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post

    Specifically what the allied race leak refers to that isn't someone's guess, is just that there was a leak before Dragonflight was announced that got a bunch of things right and anything it didn't get right isn't actually contradicted, it just hasn't been said yet (presumably). That leak said that there would be an allied race added in prepatch or as part of the pre-order, I forget which.
    Has that not since been pretty much confirmed that they're doing a 2.0 with Demon Hunter? I.e. when you preorder you get to play the new race/class several weeks early. I know there was a tweet that cryptically said we'd enjoy the preorder bonus and then a dragon gif too, so I don't see why it'd be anything other than that

  19. #54419
    In regards to the Dragon Isles zones supposedly being huge, and vertical, what is the current largest zone in game?

    I'd like to mentally compare and theorise how much bigger Dragon Isles zones will be.

  20. #54420
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    Not necessarily. Neither goblin nor vulpera are particularily round, and the whole point of it being vulpera rather than goblin (everyone assumed) was because of the tail, which tuskarr don't have. As far as I know, the allied races that has the most evidence for being set up right now is that darkfallen one, and the pre-order pet isn't likely related to that.
    Tuskarr children aren't fat, though you are right about the tail (tuskarr do have a small one but it is more like male pandaren tails). God, I hope blizz doesn't give us another freaking elf race. Be creative.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •