Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    If anything it could be the opposite where Anduin returns and Turalyon does something to him.

Personally I think that Anduin will be rescued but the constant domination will put him into a coma for a few expansions.
    I don’t think Thuralyon is the villain or bad guy you all want him to be. Yrel might be the unforgiving and fanatic light whereas Thuralyon might be a bit more restrained and the good light.

Anduin always wanted to save everyone. That’s why he was such a coward in BfA. What could be more iconic than himself stepping into the throne room like Arthas did in Lordaeron and just wreak havoc? It would go against everything Anduin stood for, instead of protecting the citizens of Stormwind he‘s doing the exact opposite - and all that under the influence of the domination magic. Even if we free Anduin afterwards, this would be incredibly traumatic to him and change his character (or break him) completely. After having the whole Sylvanas plot revolving around justifying her actions somehow they just can’t do the same with Anduin. We need a shock factor. And all the build up with Sylvanas just went nowhere, the same with Tyrande. Anduin is the only one left who could eventually shock us all.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

If they won't even let Tyrande be a dark character, what in the world makes you think Anduin will?

It's going to be Turalyon and Lothraxion versus LITERALLY everyone else. They have made sure that every racial leader is unambiguously good.
    Tyrande is back to being good, Velen never really stopped for more than 3 weeks, no one cares about the midgets... okay let's say they are a bit more on the good side. That means we have 4 good and 4 "bad" with Anduin, Turalyon, Alleria and Graymane. Now we have a balanced internal conflict and Anduin can do a pseudo-retread of his father's story where he must learn to love/care again or something.

Also I seriously hope Blizzard won't try to "trick" us with Lothraxion again.
    #1) MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    #2) Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    #3)Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis. #4) The WoW playerbase doesn't deserve housing.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Tyrande is back to being good, Velen never really stopped for more than 3 weeks, no one cares about the midgets... okay let's say they are a bit more on the good side. That means we have 4 good and 4 "bad" with Anduin, Turalyon, Alleria and Graymane. Now we have a balanced internal conflict and Anduin can do a pseudo-retread of his father's story where he must learn to love/care again or something.

Also I seriously hope Blizzard won't try to "trick" us with Lothraxion again.
    I mean you say that, but let's look at these last 4.
    Alleria is slightly corrupted by the void, but nothing seems to indicate that she is actually about to turn.
    Greymane was the most zealous of those opposing the Horde outside Tyrande, but he seems to have directed all that anger at Sylvanas.
    Turalyon is the closest to being "bad", but the only indications we have of a potential turn is his slightly more zealous than usual wish to restore old Lordaeron.
    Anduin being evil is only really possibly with outside intervention. Nothing in his character is prone to being corrupted, even discounting his tendencies to always be right he doesnt actually have any traits that could realistically be made into negatives. At a real stretch he has the same weakness Arthas did in wanting to protect his people couples with low self-esteem, but even then its not nearly as bad as Arthas.

Turalyon is really the only Alliance leader that could realistically be made into a villain in a way that doesnt require mind-control or similar. His relationship with Lothraxion is a cause for concern, but that just makes it more likely he will be made evil because of outside influence.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

"What does one life matter?"

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    This is fantastic, I was not expecting AR updates so soon. Hope they do Kul Tiran next with Highmountans.

Beautiful

I’m curious about the travel forms for druids (was hoping they would update the old ones) and whether or not they will slip in a new charger for LFDs.

new charger for LFDs.
    We need a glorious Argussian Lightforged Talbuk for that!

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    We need a glorious Argussian Lightforged Talbuk for that!
    It would not only be insanely fitting but would solve the height problems of the elekk.

It would not only be insanely fitting but would solve the height problems of the elekk.
    While I do love the Draenei's bond with the Elekk, I would like to see them with Talbuk more ever since it was revealed they are native to Argus, possibly even related in their evolution.

Nice! I'm really curious what all they are going to do with Nightborne, especially given the complaints people have had around their eyes.

As a druid, I'm super happy to see that new travel forms are coming. I'd love it if they expanded this setup to go towards Shaman & their ghost wolf/raptor form with some new options as well.

Also, given that they are talking about these coming in 9.1.5, I feel like an announcement/PTR can't be too far off at this point.

Just putting this out there that the supposed leak a few pages back did say we’d be getting expanded customization options in direct opposition to Blizzard’s previously stated stance. Lends it a little more credibility, although I still think the lack of a new class is the giveaway that it’s fake.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoFubuki13 View Post
    However, playable races, new and old, are in active development, and there is a commitment to further expanding the options for the already playable options.
    That's a pretty bold statement to make when this is on the record:

Will there be more new character customization options added in Shadowlands?

Ely Cannon: We're not going to add more character customizations to Shadowlands. Let me explain that: So, the breadth of customizations that we did add, we thought that it was pretty good and, you know, we tried to add things for mostly every race.

There are a few we didn't get as many customizations options in for, and those are the kind of things that we'll be looking forward in the future, we know, to what can we do for the races we didn't do as much for, what would be the right choice there? We tried to be really thoughtful about this, this type of thing, and these types of futures tend to be fairly big projects. We want to make sure that we put the time in, that we're very thoughtful about it, and that we release new customizations when its gonna be really good for the game, really good for the players, and that's still gonna happen in paralel with getting new content out too.

That's always our primary goal, making sure that you have new content to play, and we'll do those other things to enhance the game along the way, but it wouldn't make sense to make it when we don't have a good plan for it.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Nice! I'm really curious what all they are going to do with Nightborne, especially given the complaints people have had around their eyes.

As a druid, I'm super happy to see that new travel forms are coming. I'd love it if they expanded this setup to go towards Shaman & their ghost wolf/raptor form with some new options as well.

Also, given that they are talking about these coming in 9.1.5, I feel like an announcement/PTR can't be too far off at this point.
    The dissonance between the NPC and PC Nightbourne in general is just huge. I wonder if they'll attempt to close the gap...

That’s not a very bold assumption, and also the “leak” implies that the ARs customs are happening later as opposed to the very next patch.

Extra customization makes sense as the soonest thing they would walk back on to cultivate fan happiness.

Contrary to popular belief, Blizz caving to player feedback is not THAT irregular for this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    Just putting this out there that the supposed leak a few pages back did say we’d be getting expanded customization options in direct opposition to Blizzard’s previously stated stance. Lends it a little more credibility, although I still think the lack of a new class is the giveaway that it’s fake.
    Personally, I don't think that the lack of a new class rules it out. The current dev team seems very hesitant to add anything to the game that they'll have to expand upon in future content. Closest thing to something they've added since Legion (aside from the Demon Hunter) which is guaranteed new 10.0 content is Mythic+, and even that is something Blizz can shift and adjust away easier than something like a new class or profession. A new class means extra work to reach MVP for every expansion from that point forward.

I think they should add a new class, but I wouldn't doubt that they internally are pushing against adding a new class in 10.0.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    The dissonance between the NPC and PC Nightbourne in general is just huge. I wonder if they'll attempt to close the gap...
    I feel like Nightborne more than any other race are going to have their customization options judged on one cosmetic feature specifically. If Blizz gives the eyes to players to use & makes them have faces more like NPC Nightborne, I suspect that they will be celebrated no matter what else is there. If the eyes aren't fixed, players won't care nearly the same about any new hairstyles/tattoos/skin colors/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Personally, I don't think that the lack of a new class rules it out. The current dev team seems very hesitant to add anything to the game that they'll have to expand upon in future content. Closest thing to something they've added since Legion (aside from the Demon Hunter) which is guaranteed new 10.0 content is Mythic+, and even that is something Blizz can shift and adjust away easier than something like a new class or profession. A new class means extra work to reach MVP for every expansion from that point forward.

I think they should add a new class, but I wouldn't doubt that they internally are pushing against adding a new class in 10.0.
    I'm not sure how you can say that with a straight face given just last 2 expansions they added Warfronts, Isles and Torghast.

On the contrary - Blizzard is looking for some another new game mode that will stick - M+ was one, but they do want another seeing their attempts.

And I bet there will be new class 10.0, because everyone and their mothers in Blizzard realize that the time for BS is over - 10.0 they need to go out big and new class is always a solid addition that people like.
    All my ignores are permanently filtered out and invisible to me. Responding to my posts with nonsense or insults is pointless, you're likely already invisible and if not - 3 clicks away. One ignore is much better than 3 pages of trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I'm not sure how you can say that with a straight face given just last 2 expansions they added Warfronts, Isles and Torghast.

On the contrary - Blizzard is looking for some another new game mode that will stick - M+ was one, but they do want another seeing their attempts.

And I bet there will be new class 10.0, because everyone and their mothers in Blizzard realize that the time for BS is over - 10.0 they need to go out big and new class is always a solid addition that people like.
    It would be a shiny new toy on the surface, yes, but do we really need a new class? They already are having trouble nailing the fantasies of and balancing twelve. Do we need to make it one more?

The sad thing about the Nightborne squint is that it’s objectively inferior to the usual player animation rigs: Nightborne clearly weren’t planned on being playable, so they have fewer facial animations on their NPCs that allow for the permasquint without animation problems.

I think it’s possible they could make one or two faces with the squint but it would require a lot of animation mapping, we’ll see if they bother on this update.

I think they know everyone wants the permasquint but I don’t think a lot of players realize it was only possible because they were designed as creature models and not player models. That’s the same reason they can have the cool floating armor but we can’t. Those floating spikes would fuck with too many animations the players can do that the NPCs can’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

Exactly. They added Warfronts & Isles in BfA as well as Torghast & Covenants in Shadowlands. Much like Warfronts & Islands weren't carried forward to Shadowlands, Torghast & Covenants will almost certainly be antiquated whenever 10.0 comes out. None of those are items that they have to expand upon going into any future expansion. The work done stays within that expansion without continuing forward or needing additional resources once the expansion is complete.

Compare that with something like Pet Battles from MoP which requires new battle pets in every expansion, and often every zone gets their own set. It's work that is silently expected with each expansion, thus increasing what is required for an MVP. If a new zone comes out without new battle pets, people will be upset, but people don't often credit the amount of work it takes to put all of those new pets into the game. This seems to be the sort of thing Blizz has been moving away from, given how they eliminated First Aid as a profession & have largely stopped doing anything with Archaeology.

Something like pet battles is closer to what a new class would need every expansion than something like Warfronts. Every expansion, you have to revisit their abilities & balance each spec for all forms of content while making it feel as unique as possible. If there's any class based thing you want (like Order Halls in Legion), you have to take the new class into account. That's a lot of work that has to happen which likely won't be in the marketing materials past that expansion's launch.

They are clearly trying to get a new popular gamemode, it’s just they haven’t had success since M+.

Personally I think they are too focused on making another combat mode when they don’t have to. That MAY be what the Hearthstone tavern is a response to though... maybe we will be able to play Hearthstone in WoW?

I can see them adding Hearthstone and/or Housing as a response to players rejecting the new combat gamemodes in BFA and SL.
    Last edited by Nagawithlegs; 2021-08-19 at 11:26 PM.