Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    The PTR is for testing bugs and stuff, not for you to play the game months before it actually comes out. Maybe it wasn't in the past, but that's what it will be in the future.

Oh, and playing PTR for story always felt miserable anyways, because you know it's not the real game. All it did was take the surprise away while also giving you the feeling of playing a card game with faked cards.
    You know what's bugged sometimes? Quests. And if "faked cards" bother you the solution is not "complicated encryption initiatives" it's "minding your own business"
    Quote Originally Posted by SloidVoid View Post
    How are Darkfallen supposed to become playable if their numbers are so small and their not growing?
    At least with something like Void Elves they are actively shown has getting new followers.
    We don't see any new Darkfallen being created right now.
    Vorath was raising new undead in the ghostlands & Calia has a naaru that makes people undead for some reason. Any kind of acquisition quest would surely deal with that topic.

How are Darkfallen supposed to become playable if their numbers are so small and their not growing?
    At least with something like Void Elves they are actively shown has getting new followers.
    We do, actually.

https://ptr.wowhead.com/quest=54944/...-rangers-pupil

> She's been training an apprentice dark ranger, a lad named Prelus. Newly raised, she said

Newly raised. And this is the quest thats been updated for 9.2.5

15+ Year Old Account
    Simple. After being rescued from the maw they get "returned" to life/undeath somehow. Or they could just create them in the Shadowlands and have them step through a portal with out being made undead in the traditional sense we know.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The number of dark fallen could actually be rather large, far striders were the core of the high elf military so there could in theory be tons of them depending on how hard the spell arthas made was for lesser undead to cast and how badly he wanted to stick it to Sylvanas, they could just say the majority of far striders were raised.

Same goes with the night elfs they could just say a lot more died and were raised then the handful we see in the current quest.

While they’re numbers aren’t growing they could easily out number void elfs at current.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    There is also at least one new encrypted armor set on the PTR. Could be a new preorder bonus, could be an AR armor. Actually could Marlamin or a dataminer tell us if it is tied to the preorder items?
    I'm not datamining encrypted content anymore nor supporting that in my tools, also haven't really been keeping up with 9.2.5 (and am currently dealing with COVID so taking it easy in general), I know some who frequent this thread have been digging around 9.2.5 and found some mildly interesting stuff, but that's up to them to share (or not).

And, while I'm on the subject of that, I think if dataminers held off on datamining encrypted/purposely hidden content, which has largely been the case in 9.2.5, Blizzard would also stop trying to make datamining hard in general, which affects way more than just being able to find spoilers early or not. I gave Blizz some details on the ways we've been finding things around/in encrypted content, so maybe that'll help in the long term, we'll see how that ends up going or if it'll actually affect anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I'm not datamining encrypted content anymore nor supporting that in my tools, also haven't really been keeping up with 9.2.5 (and am currently dealing with COVID so taking it easy in general), I know some who frequent this thread have been digging around 9.2.5 and found some mildly interesting stuff, but that's up to them to share (or not).

And, while I'm on the subject of that, I think if dataminers held off on datamining encrypted/purposely hidden content, which has largely been the case in 9.2.5, Blizzard would also stop trying to make datamining hard in general, which affects way more than just being able to find spoilers early or not. I gave Blizz some details on the ways we've been finding things around/in encrypted content, so maybe that'll help in the long term, we'll see how that ends up going or if it'll actually affect anything.
    So... are you suggesting people SHOULD datamine more to keep Blizzard on their toes, or are you advocating for people to stop doing it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Vorath was raising new undead in the ghostlands & Calia has a naaru that makes people undead for some reason. Any kind of acquisition quest would surely deal with that topic.
    Saara the Naaru is likely the only way new Forsaken are made in Lore, IF that is something that "has to happen" (I really never thought the Forsaken was a race that needed to "reproduce" in the first place, they have to die eventually). Arthas and The Nine are double dead and they have always been the way the Forsaken were raised in the past, in Vanilla and Cata respectively.

What her endgame is is up in the air, but she and Faol (and Anduin, who may or may not be needed) can use their powers together to raise undead.

So... are you suggesting people SHOULD datamine more to keep Blizzard on their toes, or are you advocating for people to stop doing it?
    Datamining is fine and needed for many projects (e.g. DBM and many others) to keep existing, but datamining encrypted content (something I've done a lot, with the last stuff being the signs around the pre-order bundle, or the Tirisfal/Calia stuff I tweeted about) with the goal of finding spoilers only makes things worse for all the other datamining usecases. I wrote a bit about this subject (and the relation to story spoilers/the "keeping Blizzard on their toes argument") in my recent Community Council thread here (so I don't have to repeat everything again every discussion).

TL;DR (with the above context): Datamining good, datamining spoilers bad
    Last edited by Marlamin; 2022-05-13 at 07:39 PM.

This week has been pretty dry on teasers man, I was hoping for that Dracthyr customization blog that they mentioned forever ago now.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Datamining is fine and needed for many projects (e.g. DBM and many others) to keep existing, but datamining encrypted content (something I've done a lot, with the last stuff being the signs around the pre-order bundle, or the Tirisfal/Calia stuff I tweeted about) with the goal of finding spoilers only makes things worse for all the other datamining usecases. I wrote a bit about this subject (and the relation to story spoilers/the "keeping Blizzard on their toes argument") in my recent Community Council thread here (so I don't have to repeat everything again every discussion).

TL;DR (with the above context): Datamining good, datamining spoilers bad
    That makes sense. I definitely think this 9.2.5 encryption is a test and despite the rumblings on an AR or something similar a lot of people don't seem to be in the loop, so whatever it is SHOULD be a surprise to a lot of people.

Though I find it bizarre they refuse to encrypt the Dark Ranger questline that has been around for so long, unless it is a purposeful tease/they literally can't encrypt it because of some spaghetti code.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bruxx View Post
    This week has been pretty dry on teasers man, I was hoping for that Dracthyr customization blog that they mentioned forever ago now.
    Probably didn't want any interference with the end of TBC Classic.

Though I find it bizarre they refuse to encrypt the Dark Ranger questline that has been around for so long, unless it is a purposeful tease/they literally can't encrypt it because of some spaghetti code.
    Quests alone don't actually need that much encryption (outside of maybe voice overs or other related assets and a few unsaying database references) since most of the information is serverside. If a quest is however available on PTR (even if it cant be picked up, necessarily), it can be seen by scans (something e.g. Wowhead employs to keep their DB up to date). The same goes for NPCs.

As for the AR/class rumor, I haven't looked into he legitimacy/likeliness of it but if they manage to pull it off it'll either be largely based around hotfixes (since there's currently no encrypted races in the database files) or something they'll add in late/in release builds -- which would be a first for actually adding this much new content. That's pretty exciting and terrifying at the same time!

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    I highly doubt this would ever happen but seeing as the Evoker is a lazy two spec class like the demon hunter and it has no black dragonflight spells whatsoever, it would be dope as fuck if they added it another 2 spec dragon class later on in the expansion that is solely based on the black dragonflight and more akin to some of the Dragonsworn concepts we've seen from Teriz.
    Either that or have the end of Wrathion's story unlock a third spec for the Evoker.

If Wrathion is there to discover what to do with his flight, I think that would be a dope conclusion to his story in the upcoming expansion. I can only think of one MMO that I played in the past that launched a new class during patch content instead of an expansion launch and that was FF14's patch 2.4 when they released the Rogue / Ninja.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    it has no black dragonflight spells whatsoever,
    What's your source for this? I was under the impression the black dragonflight abilities were kind of the base class spells, while the specs focused on red/blue and green/bronze.

They mentioned deep breath by name so at the very least one ability is inspired by Onyxia's Deep Breath.

It's very weird that the healing spec for Evoker uses magic from Green and Bronze dragon flights, and not Red. Red dragons are the wardens of life! And also why is Blue dragon magic ICE and not arcane for the DPS spec?

My suggestion would be:
    Black/blue for DPS: Lava spells and arcane magic
    Red/green for healer: Cleansing fire and nature healing
    Bronze for buffs like Alter Time or Haste

Quote Originally Posted by LordyLordy View Post
    It's very weird that the healing spec for Evoker uses magic from Green and Bronze dragon flights, and not Red. Red dragons are the wardens of life! And also why is Blue dragon magic ICE and not arcane for the DPS spec?
    Blue looks like both, to be honest. Ice beam, more arcane-y looking missile spell.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Blue looks like both, to be honest. Ice beam, more arcane-y looking missile spell.
    Thanks, I must have missed that arcane part... :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool, now that TBC classic is over, they can focus on DF !

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Cool, now that TBC classic is over, they can focus on DF !
    Yes, we need more info!

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by ersula View Post
    tired: Darkfallen for allied race
    wired: Watchers for allied race
    stone bro for racial leader

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    stone bro for racial leader
    He would easily become the most hated racial leader. Magister Umbric is [wrongfully btw] despised and persecuted by the community for the sin of "being an asspull" and "not having enough backstory", so certainly that random stone guy would be even more hated. He'd be made racial leader with only 1 minute of a cinematic to his name, where he didn't even say one word.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-05-13 at 11:12 PM.