9.1.5 info next week?

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    a new charger for LFDs.
    For some reason i read that as the dungeon tool and was left utterly confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I mean you say that, but let's look at these last 4.
    Alleria is slightly corrupted by the void, but nothing seems to indicate that she is actually about to turn.
    Greymane was the most zealous of those opposing the Horde outside Tyrande, but he seems to have directed all that anger at Sylvanas.
    Turalyon is the closest to being "bad", but the only indications we have of a potential turn is his slightly more zealous than usual wish to restore old Lordaeron.
    Anduin being evil is only really possibly with outside intervention. Nothing in his character is prone to being corrupted, even discounting his tendencies to always be right he doesnt actually have any traits that could realistically be made into negatives. At a real stretch he has the same weakness Arthas did in wanting to protect his people couples with low self-esteem, but even then its not nearly as bad as Arthas.

Turalyon is really the only Alliance leader that could realistically be made into a villain in a way that doesnt require mind-control or similar. His relationship with Lothraxion is a cause for concern, but that just makes it more likely he will be made evil because of outside influence.
    What? Alleria is about as "evil" (if take it as a scale) as Turalyon, the whole idea why they are a negative influence on the Alliance stemms from Legion where she did way more dodgy shit han him and the book where both did the exactly same stuff; namely torturing their way through Horde refugees. Greymane wants vengence, but was more controlled than Tyrande, but hasn't be inappropriately touched by some goddess recently. All three of them are more prone to conflict, wanting harder responses to the Horde.

That leaves us with Anduin, who is "clearly" just becomming less of himself, which could mean anything. In the book he was already wavering with his liberal use of shadow magic and how to deal with the dark sides of his job, all he needs is a little push, a little less being Anduin-best-super-friend (which conveniently sounds exactly like "I feel less like myself"), and he might be easily influenced by the other 3 to take a hardliner position. I don't even think they would go for corrupt leader bullshit, I'm fairly certain they have heard that we are sick and tired of that dumb shit. So I don't expect us to raid SW any time soon, but I expect the Alliance to take a harder position against the Horde, no more wait and see and let's hope we can talk, while they burn down his kingdom in the background. His arc will be overcoming his trauma and finding back to himself, pretty much the 2021 version of Varian's "I need to reign in my rage".

- - - Updated - - -

Some Nightborn updates were desperately needed, as their basic shipping package was utterly lacking and they were pretty much entirely propped up by their heritage armor. Now if they just would add an option for them to be druids and I could finally play one on Horde that doesn't look like total ass.
    #1) MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    #2) Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    #3)Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis. #4) The WoW playerbase doesn't deserve housing.

if the jailer is final boss of xpac next patch i hope they make him LK level difficult
    i meme on tbc and classic for being easy but LK is a fight where they really amped up difficulty 90m active hp with people doin around 10k dps same dps as sanctum almost and they give bosses 30 m hp ResidentSleeper

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    if the jailer is final boss of xpac next patch i hope they make him LK level difficult
    i meme on tbc and classic for being easy but LK is a fight where they really amped up difficulty 90m active hp with people doin around 10k dps same dps as sanctum almost and they give bosses 30 m hp ResidentSleeper
    LK was hard because it had 50 attempts per week.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

"What does one life matter?"

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    LK was hard because it had 50 attempts per week.
    I would kill for a return to limited attempts
    1. The majority of players would see it as harder content even though it is just the same
    2. The race would probably have more structure though piss off some of the guilds
    3. Blizz would have to be on top of the bugs and fixes so it wouldn’t get a bunch of bad press

I think it wouldn’t be a great change but an interesting one

- - - Updated - - -

9.1.5 will hit ptr by September
    Launch in October

Contain
    Cosmetics
    Legion TW
    MoP TW raid being ToT which I’m ready for
    Tradable anima items for alts

That’s the bare minimum

What I would love is more sanctum upgrades
    Transport network rank 4: portal to korthia or a hearthstone for the sanctum
    Anima conductor rank 4: summons a boss that gives cosmetics for your covenant members
    Mission table rank 4: unlocks a third troop type
    Special buildings
    Kyrian: new trial difficulty and another 10% boost and more items
    NecroLord: craft a mount/pet
    Venthyr: more invitations to get more cosmetics
    Night fae: the soul shapes mentioned and more pets and armor

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    They are clearly trying to get a new popular gamemode, it’s just they haven’t had success since M+.

Personally I think they are too focused on making another combat mode when they don’t have to. That MAY be what the Hearthstone tavern is a response to though... maybe we will be able to play Hearthstone in WoW?

I can see them adding Hearthstone and/or Housing as a response to players rejecting the new combat gamemodes in BFA and SL.
    I would love it if they would connect Hearthstone and WoW. Give each expansion of Hearthstone a few TCG like mounts, pets and toys and I would instantly play it again. Sadly I think that will never happen, and if all the shop haters will moan too because "pAy 2 wIn".

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    What I would love is more sanctum upgrades
    Transport network rank 4: portal to korthia or a hearthstone for the sanctum
    Anima conductor rank 4: summons a boss that gives cosmetics for your covenant members
    Mission table rank 4: unlocks a third troop type
    Special buildings
    Kyrian: new trial difficulty and another 10% boost and more items
    NecroLord: craft a mount/pet
    Venthyr: more invitations to get more cosmetics
    Night fae: the soul shapes mentioned and more pets and armor
    Having thought about it a while I have to wonder whether the ideal "upgrade"/Ripcord solution might be a new questline given at Renown 80(or higher if we assume 9.2) that basically says that you have done everything, and that you can go back to Oribos and choose a second covenant that you can then swap abilities between freely.

This would give everyone a chance for all the cosmetics, silence the ripcord complaints, and in a way quadruple the content for everyone.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Having thought about it a while I have to wonder whether the ideal "upgrade"/Ripcord solution might be a new questline given at Renown 80(or higher if we assume 9.2) that basically says that you have done everything, and that you can go back to Oribos and choose a second covenant that you can then swap abilities between freely.

This would give everyone a chance for all the cosmetics, silence the ripcord complaints, and in a way quadruple the content for everyone.
    For the love of god no
    This just makes the grind a thing again for most players and then creates a bigger systems problem with soulbinds and conduit energy
    Add into the fact that the market would crash harder due to the mission table duplicates
    Then you still have the story issue of the covenants all United and friends and together but still limited in terms of gameplay because “meaningful choice”

For the love of god no
    This just makes the grind a thing again for most players and then creates a bigger systems problem with soulbinds and conduit energy
    Add into the fact that the market would crash harder due to the mission table duplicates
    Then you still have the story issue of the covenants all United and friends and together but still limited in terms of gameplay because “meaningful choice”
    Soulbinds and such would have to work differently, you wouldnt want to mix and match Necrolord abilities with Kyrian Soulbinds or something. And the Mission table would need to work somewhat differently, but other than that I think it would work. It would certainly give players an incentive to use all the extra anima they gather.

Point is to make a version of the system that lets you have an easier choice between covenants without removing most of hte meaningful choice, and also to give a better incentive on where to dump the frankly irresponsible amounts of Anima the game dumps on you, and likely will continue to give more of as the expansion goes.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

For the love of god no
    Lol sure Renown IS SUCH A GRIND. After 9.1 not even Anima is excuse anymore.

So called "pulling ripcord" could be done just with one simple hotfix - get rid of quest that punish you for returning to old covenant. That's it. No game mechanism would be broken, and for many people it would be godsend.

As for conduit energy, I understand why it exists, but it really should be separated by specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Lol sure Renown IS SUCH A GRIND. After 9.1 not even Anima is excuse anymore.

So called "pulling ripcord" could be done just with one simple hotfix - get rid of quest that punish you for returning to old covenant. That's it. No game mechanism would be broken, and for many people it would be godsend.

As for conduit energy, I understand why it exists, but it really should be separated by specs.
    Yeah, the great Renown "grind", where you actually have to go out and do things instead of just getting it shipped to the nearest mailbox! The Horror!

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Yeah, the great Renown "grind", where you actually have to go out and do things instead of just getting it shipped to the nearest mailbox! The Horror!
    I dare to say it's closer to "shipping to nearest mailbox" than "go out and do things". That's why it's not good btw, you don't feel like you earned anything.

Just make it so that all covenants can use other covenant transmog that you unlock on alts. So you can dress up as Venthyr if you’re Necrolord and have a Venthyr alt. It would encourage alts and make stuff you collect feel less pigeonholed (you can’t use certain mounts on certain characters for example).

I feel like a lot of people don’t actually care about the gameplay aspect of the covenants (soulbinds abilities etc) and would gladly play in a covenant they don’t like if they can at least dress up as the covenant they prefer.

Also: people who complain about a “grind” in SL are an easy way to identify people who don’t play the game and just copy things they’ve heard about why the expansion is bad to shit on it. When two world bosses is all you need for 1/2 weeklies....

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I dare to say it's closer to "shipping to nearest mailbox" than "go out and do things". That's why it's not good btw, you don't feel like you earned anything.
    Well, you do have to do such inconcievable things as move when it isn't raid time, instead of just parking yourself next to a box. Next, they'll expect us to push buttons, too. Or ask us to actually move to an AH to shop, instead of just demanding somebody bring us a Mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I don’t think Thuralyon is the villain or bad guy you all want him to be. Yrel might be the unforgiving and fanatic light whereas Thuralyon might be a bit more restrained and the good light.

Anduin always wanted to save everyone. That’s why he was such a coward in BfA. What could be more iconic than himself stepping into the throne room like Arthas did in Lordaeron and just wreak havoc? It would go against everything Anduin stood for, instead of protecting the citizens of Stormwind he‘s doing the exact opposite - and all that under the influence of the domination magic. Even if we free Anduin afterwards, this would be incredibly traumatic to him and change his character (or break him) completely. After having the whole Sylvanas plot revolving around justifying her actions somehow they just can’t do the same with Anduin. We need a shock factor. And all the build up with Sylvanas just went nowhere, the same with Tyrande. Anduin is the only one left who could eventually shock us all.
    What if Turalyon is actually cinvinced by the light that hes surroundings are bad and must be purged. If he hears that multiple times a day he could start believing in it. Now with Anduin being changed.. and if he returns I could Turalyon being afraid how anduin changed and refuse to give it back. This would evoke some much needed turmoil within the alliance and would spice things up a bit.

I see Yrel as like a person in between.. she seems like a easy to talk light bearer who has the task to gather more to her side. She will eventually see the bad in the light and will try to convince Turalyon again to leave, but its to late.

I can see this happen.. easy.

I think we kinda saw anduin already do that in the undercity in the cinematic. Wouldnt it be bit overdue if we try it again, but then in swormwind?
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-08-20 at 03:08 PM.
    Please read this blizzard: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...m_source=share also what could have been possible with Nightborne--> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLr5dDXn5nE

Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    9.1.5 info next week?
    Let's hope

Am I the only one that would love if blizz employees would just NOT be on twitter? Imo they should rather be active on forums. This twitter thing is just the wrong plattform for customer feedback. And the private vibe can be cool but often it ruins the previously good news.
    I am really looking forward for the 9.1.5. and it feels like after these weeks of good news things are turning to the good again now, just hope they stay away from twitter...
    Vynd | Zorn | Pheraz | Silwyna | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - My personal Kaldorei army <3 Plus lots of voidy high elves <3

Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    9.1.5 info next week?
    The timing would be a bit weird. They’re not attending Gamescom, but they’re giving 9.1.5 info right around the same time? 9.1.5 is nothing that can compete with anything that’s being talked about or announced during Gamescom, so I’m not sure if they don’t let all the Gamescom stuff rest and talk about 9.1.5 after that instead in midst of Gamescom.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    The timing would be a bit weird. They’re not attending Gamescom, but they’re giving 9.1.5 info right around the same time? 9.1.5 is nothing that can compete with anything that’s being talked about or announced during Gamescom, so I’m not sure if they don’t let all the Gamescom stuff rest and talk about 9.1.5 after that instead in midst of Gamescom.
    I think you vastly underestimate how much people care about a crumb of WoW compared to most modern games. I haven't heard any hype for Gamescom period.