Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    The Shadowlands one that leaked with the bastion concept art.
    Difference is that one leaked quite close to SL compared to this one and wasn't the only art leaked , so im confident this one is fake.

Quote Originally Posted by rainhard View Post
    Difference is that one leaked quite close to SL compared to this one and wasn't the only art leaked , so im confident this one is fake.
    I mean, we are talking about

Right?

It's terrible. There's a lot of things wrong with it. The colors are muddy and poorly chosen, it looks like someone just colorized the frame scrollwork, the parts that aren't from the default wow logo on the frame look like they were just lazily slapped on, the bottom bit under "Warcraft" shouldn't be darker like that, because then your eyes just fall straight off the logo, it should be a firm line. The C in warcraft doesn't cover the frame like that, the frame always has a dip/ v-cut into it to give it space to fit in the inner area. The expansion name will always be on a plate, so that it reads as important and attached. "But Classic doesn't have one", that is because Classic's logo is supposed to just be the base World of Warcraft logo the classic part is meant to be less important. The "World of Warcraft" text always has a bold black line/shadow around it to make it pop clearly from the background (you can see here how the C in Warcraft sort of fades into the globe because there's no separationg)--this line doesn't exist on the Legion and Shadowlands logos because they're backlit, sot he text already stands out clearly. While the logo font isn't universal between logos, it does have certain universal "font" like features (this helps brand consistency), for example, A's in the logo font do not look symmetrical like the above. The A is always thin on the left, thick on the right and the bar crosses through the left to a point.

Between this and the black line thing I think the probability of it being real is very much 0%, but I've been fooled by an in-progress before, so.

Why, exactly, are we talking about this "Awakenings" leak like it's not completely fake? If you notice every other logo, they put a background behind the title of the expansion. Yet here "Awakenings" is not written on a background, so it is clearly fake.

10.0 will be about the Void. They already said when they revealed Shadowlands that they liked the concept of a Void expansion. They will celebrate 10.0 with a massive Void raid in space that will make Antorus look like a picnic, not with Deadmines 2.0.

Just deal with it.

I sorta see Hitei's point about how the font sorta has something consistent to it. On the other hand, a few people here were fooled by the SL cinematic image that was leaked awhile. Still... I'm not sure about this one. I think its safe to dismiss it. Awakening would of been a more "Ok that might seem legit" in reference to our beloved World Soul wake up.

10.0 will be about the Void.

Nobody knows what it will be until around the end of SL. Don't get so confident.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I sorta see Hitei's point about how the font sorta has something consistent to it. On the other hand, a few people here were fooled by the SL cinematic image that was leaked awhile. Still... I'm not sure about this one. I think its safe to dismiss it. Awakening would of been a more "Ok that might seem legit" in reference to our beloved World Soul wake up.

Nobody knows what it will be until around the end of SL. Don't get so confident.
    Cope.

Everything points to a Void expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    10.0 will be about the Void. They already said when they revealed Shadowlands that they liked the concept of a Void expansion. They will celebrate 10.0 with a massive Void raid in space that will make Antorus look like a picnic, not with Deadmines 2.0.

Just deal with it.
    Sounds to me like you are just salty the void isn't getting the spotlight in the current wave of speculation.

Anyways, i'll be here laughing my ass off when the expansion turns out to be as far removed from the void theme as it can be.

Trans Rights are Human Rights // Elune Says Queer Rights!

High Overlord
    Would seem more likely that two rival broker cartels would join alliance/horde. We are obviously working on multiple planets, timelines and dimensions. Could be they would find some value and I can certinaly see goblins/gnomes wanting some interaction with them.
    Battlepet Collector http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/Monekop/
    Mount Collector http://www.warcraftmounts.com/collec...p?user=Monekop
    All round collector of aesthetically pleasing items and garden gnomes.

Why are we talking about the Awakenings leak (this seems to be a thing every two years as we have this leak since at least end of Legion), but not about the Fate of Eternity patch logo which is 100x more real than Awakenings after all?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Why are we talking about the Awakenings leak (this seems to be a thing every two years as we have this leak since at least end of Legion), but not about the Fate of Eternity patch logo which is 100x more real than Awakenings after all?
    Probably because there is no hype for this garbage Shadowlands story and so the interest is naturally drawn to 10.0.

The most accurate thing about Awakenings is “no central theme” because I believe that. Dragons, Void, Light, even a little elemental stuff, racial villains like Azshara and Magatha, all these characters and concepts have been built up in Legion/BFA/SL.

They’re too spread out to tackle in one central themed expansion, but they could be spread out across EK and Kalimdor. Is it a coincidence that the Light stuff is on EK and Azsharas old stomping grounds are Kalimdor?

Not much to discuss about the patch when they tell us in game exactly what’s going to happen.

Probably because there is no hype for this garbage Shadowlands story and so the interest is naturally drawn to 10.0.
    I actually think the Shadowlands story and lore is pretty good, the only things that are really terrible are things brought over from BFA, like Sylvanas' plot.

It is significantly more fake.

What exactly is there to discuss?
    We know what the patch will be, the logo is just fluff.

And the patch logo has an even worse quality than the Awakenings logo anyway.

Trans Rights are Human Rights // Elune Says Queer Rights!

I think it might be pretty useless to analyze and compare logos for 10.0 with older ones considering it's quite the version to hit and they might just switch up things like that due to the fact it is 10.0. Not saying it is by any means a reason it might be real, but it's something to consider going forward, especially if they're doing a revamp sorta thing.

Covenant races becoming playable makes perfect sense. The Shadowlands isn’t some mystical afterlife, you start of as a spirit but you wind up with a physical body and live a completely normal life after that, you even eat food.

As for why they’d want to visit Azeroth…

Venthyr: I’ve been saving souls for 40k years now and I don’t remember the world ever having this many selfish people in it. I am going to go check that out and see why people are just so awful nowadays.

Necrolord: I want to beat up the guys that beat up our most powerful champion and got them sent here in the first place!

Kyrian: I don’t remember my mortal life, but now that’s okay to remember it, I want to go see what life is all about.

Night Fae: It is great that wild spirits get reborn here, but I want to save wild spirits from dying in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I think it might be pretty useless to analyze and compare logos for 10.0 with older ones considering it's quite the version to hit and they might just switch up things like that due to the fact it is 10.0. Not saying it is by any means a reason it might be real, but it's something to consider going forward, especially if they're doing a revamp sorta thing.
    I'm fine with new styles of logos but the things here (the just letting the C overlap the frame and the lack of black line around the Warcraft) are just fundamental design mistakes, not branching out into new looks.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Why, exactly, are we talking about this "Awakenings" leak like it's not completely fake? If you notice every other logo, they put a background behind the title of the expansion. Yet here "Awakenings" is not written on a background, so it is clearly fake.

Just deal with it.
    Because we just had a void expansion in BFA whether you likedi t or not.

- - - Updated - - -

This right here is going to be the crux of this speculation cycle I think.

People Who Think 10.0 Is Such A Big Deal Blizz Will Soft Reboot WoW VS People Who Think Activision Won't Spend The Money.
    WoW has Cancer. First you cut out the cancer (abusive devs), then you assign an aggressive treatment plan (major design rework) to save it.

Or you just let it die because that's too expensive.

FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

Just deal with it.
    Surely this has nothing to do with your void elf bias

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    This right here is going to be the crux of this speculation cycle I think.

People Who Think 10.0 Is Such A Big Deal Blizz Will Soft Reboot WoW VS People Who Think Activision Won't Spend The Money.
    Well, I think 10.0 is a big deal. While it isn't the tenth expansion, it is the tenth version of the game if you count classic. I think blizzard might celebrate that, even if in a small way.

So with all the new cosmetic stuff, anyone besides me like to see a option for the forsaken to be able to stand up straight and not hunch over?

I've been taking a break from spending entire days on sifting through WoW, but I'm still curious to see if there's any new unused content and/or references being shipped in 9.1.5, we're getting into 8.2-ish territory where actual dev work on the new expansion would be well underway and the likelihood of mistakes (e.g. "Maw Dev" and "Tower Dev" maps appearing in 8.2 PTR) is ramping up.
    Interesting, did these maps contain anything, finished terrain, etc?