The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiradon View Post
    How about cosmetic quivers for hunters? Such easy wins they could completely implement... Now if you want a quiver you either pick Alleria's bow or farm the current drop from Normal or Heroic quiver that removes the cloak.
    I don't know why they can't just program a cosmetic slot for stuff like this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Shadowlands has been strange so far. You'd expect an expansion about infinite afterlives to have more patch content dedicated to those new afterlife zones, but we're likely going to end up with just Korthia + Zereth Mortis, and no real afterlife exploration post-9.0, which is a shame imo.
    Reminds me a bit of when Blizz mid-development decided to switch WoD from being about Time Travel & Draenor to be about the Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I doubt they are going to retcon anything. They are probably just going to have him decide to abandon his McCree moniker as a relic of his past (read: Criminal and Blackwatch ties) and take up a new code name as part of rejoining the Overwatch forces proper.
    You think they could get away with just going with Jesse? Or is even using his first name a no go now?

Like that'd be the easiest way to not have to deal with a lore mess.
    The future Blizzard wants is not the past we loved.

FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I've been taking a break from spending entire days on sifting through WoW, but I'm still curious to see if there's any new unused content and/or references being shipped in 9.1.5, we're getting into 8.2-ish territory where actual dev work on the new expansion would be well underway and the likelihood of mistakes (e.g. "Maw Dev" and "Tower Dev" maps appearing in 8.2 PTR) is ramping up.

For example, we already got 4 new, currently unused, human buildings in 9.0/9.1 (#1 #2 #3 #4) as well as the recently discovered "starter gear". There's definitely a relation that can be drawn between those two (and an assumption) but I'm not going to be the one to write that out, I'll leave that up to the speculators/clickbaiters/fake leakers amongst us.

Keep in mind that we've seen things added in the past that went ended up going unused (I'm still waiting on the Hearthstone Tavern/Dreamgrove Buddy Cop Scenario as well as finding out what the Galakrond's Fall map of modified Dragonblight was for.

Either way, keep an eye out.
    *world revamps intensifies*

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    *world revamps intensifies*
    I'll one up you on that.

*All classes on one character vibes.*
    The future Blizzard wants is not the past we loved.

FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    With all the thousands upon thousands of ghosts we've seen haunt various places on Azeroth the existence of an afterlife at all was also kinda questionable. The Kyrians certainly seem to be slackers in picking them up.
    The Kyrians never made sense.

For them to work they'd need to have an insane number of ascended out in the world, which the game doesn't represent and the story doesn't support.
    Given that they are essentially an exclusive club of the goodest of good boys.

On top of that, you have spirits walking around everywhere AND we have seen cases of people directly being thrown past the veil without them being present at all.
    (Zekhan being the latest, most prominent example).

Imo, instead of their job being to pick up souls from worlds, their job should've been safeguarding the Veil itself and merely oversee the passage of souls while it is occurring instead of being the ones to do it.
    Let souls simply be automatically drawn into the Shadowlands, unless magic or trauma prevents that. (which, arguably, was already the case anyway)

This would make far more sense with what we already know, and Kyrestia would be slightly less of a dumbfuck as *sticking to the path* would simply mean "we are leaving the door open" rather than "we are actively throwing more souls at the enemy".

|| Malicious Deliciousness ||

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    The most obvious one venthyr priest ( san' layn talent, vampiric spells) being vampires themselves seems odd to be left out.
    The most obvious are Venthyr Blood Death Knight.

I have a feeling if they ever become playable it will oy be venthyt and kyrian. The other 2 dont have one real species to focus on, instead they have multiple and none of them realy stand out imo. I mewn these gladiators are just kul tiran models for example and night fea have fairies and female drenaei model. I wouldnt mind if they left out necrolords and night fea.
    Sylvar and maldraxxus Gladiators would definitely be playable, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Maldraxxi Gladiators: Kul Tiran male and female (though male have some unique animations)
    They use Ogre animation rig with a different posture.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    You think they could get away with just going with Jesse? Or is even using his first name a no go now?

Like that'd be the easiest way to not have to deal with a lore mess.
    I think it's more likely they'll use a "Tracer"/"Mercy" sort of name, Peacekeeper or Justice or something.

I guess the other route would be to minor retcon that "Jesse McCree" wasn't actually his birth name, but rather a cowboy sort of name he made up and started calling himself when he left home.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I'll one up you on that.

*All classes on one character vibes.*
    God, I fucking hope not.

Guess I was wrong then. Prolly no PTR today.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    The Kyrians never made sense.

For them to work they'd need to have an insane number of ascended out in the world, which the game doesn't represent and the story doesn't support.
    Given that they are essentially an exclusive club of the goodest of good boys.

On top of that, you have spirits walking around everywhere AND we have seen cases of people directly being thrown past the veil without them being present at all.
    (Zekhan being the latest, most prominent example).

Imo, instead of their job being to pick up souls from worlds, their job should've been safeguarding the Veil itself and merely oversee the passage of souls while it is occurring instead of being the ones to do it.
    Let souls simply be automatically drawn into the Shadowlands, unless magic or trauma prevents that. (which, arguably, was already the case anyway)

This would make far more sense with what we already know, and Kyrestia would be slightly less of a dumbfuck as *sticking to the path* would simply mean "we are leaving the door open" rather than "we are actively throwing more souls at the enemy".
    Yeah agreed. I would have written them that way as well, or at least made spirit healers something like soul collectors that collect (let's say in a lantern or whatever) them locally while some Kyrians pick them up every now and then, but the way the process is shown during their campaign and described elsewhere doesn't make a lick of sense. The "we keep feeding the maw thing" has got to be the worst plot point ever though, they even acknowledge that during the Kyrian campaign which makes it even worse.

As protectors their job would have probably clashed with Maldraxxus which was also always ill defined, given how Revendreth was directly invaded by the light before and Maldraxxus wasn't even mentioned.

There are a few more things about the SL that irk me. The idea that the local fauna actually goes through a birthing/hatching process (considering that they have children) is utterly nonsencial to me, given how this the realm of death. What is the point of a realm of life or the mortal plane if the inhabitants here clearly go through the same cycles as they did in the mortal plane? Who governs their rebirth in the case of nature?
    Last edited by Felis igneus; 2021-08-26 at 09:34 PM.
    #1) MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    #2) Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    #3)Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis. #4) The WoW playerbase doesn't deserve housing.

I feel like complaining about the Kyrian not bringing over select ghosts is a "who pumps the Batmobile's tires" sort of issue.

These ghosts clearly hung on to Azeroth to give us quests. I believe a few Kyrian quests show us that some ghosts aren't ready to pass on even if that's their eventual fate. But the real reason is... they hung around to give us a quest before they passed over.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    I feel like complaining about the Kyrian not bringing over select ghosts is a "who pumps the Batmobile's tires" sort of issue.

These ghosts clearly hung on to Azeroth to give us quests. I believe a few Kyrian quests show us that some ghosts aren't ready to pass on even if that's their eventual fate. But the real reason is... they hung around to give us a quest before they passed over.
    Realistically, besides the handful of quest ghosts, most other ghosts we run into on Azeroth are undead brought back by some necromantic force, or died in some sort of traumatizing way such that they're likely to be left with extreme regrets and lingering attachments.

Realistically, besides the handful of quest ghosts, most other ghosts we run into on Azeroth are undead brought back by some necromantic force, or died in some sort of traumatizing way such that they're likely to be left with extreme regrets and lingering attachments.
    The guy in the Kyrian quest also died in a traumatic way and he is collected anyway. In fact many of the souls during the judgment daily are also in the same category, yet they go to the shadowlands anyway, because the only criteria are: cosmic affinity and is it convenient to the kyrian (that one klaxxi and ignoring all the necromancers). If anything let's call a spade a spade and conclude that they just though this through as well as the guys that planned the star wars sequel trilogy.
    #1) MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    #2) Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    #3)Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis. #4) The WoW playerbase doesn't deserve housing.

I think it's more likely they'll use a "Tracer"/"Mercy" sort of name, Peacekeeper or Justice or something.

I guess the other route would be to minor retcon that "Jesse McCree" wasn't actually his birth name, but rather a cowboy sort of name he made up and started calling himself when he left home.
    I think there's precedent for that. If my memory serves, there's an interaction between McCree and Sombra where she says "it's a pleasure working with you McCree... if that is your real name," which implies his current name could be an alias of some sort.

Apparently there is these starting armor sets in 9.1 data(According to the main MMO Champion page) O.o
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Apparently there is these starting armor sets in 9.1 data(According to the main MMO Champion page) O.o
    This is rather old news--I'm surprised it took them this long to report on it.

this mobufuki dude is fake

He refers to lecraft as a senior developer but lecraft's job was senior designer. Someone actually in this line of work would understand the difference--typically developer here is referring to someone who actually does the coding. He's not the guy responsible for gameplay decisions if he's a developer

it doesn't make sense for someone who works at blizzard to make this sort of mistake because to them this distinction would actually matter
    Last edited by TomatoBisque; 2021-08-27 at 01:08 AM.

Due to recent events, I wonder if they will rename World of WarCRAFT to something like World of Azeroth and will take this chance to remove the factions since you know... "the game's name is Warcraft and not Peacecraft".

Activision Insight proudly presents the next World of Azeroth expansion "Awokenings"!
    Last edited by Luck4; 2021-08-27 at 01:21 AM.
    Azeroth must be remastered!

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    Due to recent events, I wonder if they will rename World of WarCRAFT to something like World of Azeroth and will take this chance to remove the factions since you know... "the game's name is Warcraft and not Peacecraft".

Activision Insight proudly presents the next World of Azeroth expansion "Awokenings"!
    They will rename the game to Planet of Peacecraft, since War is too harsh of a word for the current era.

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post

Oh this argument again. Warcraft always means war is being made. That doesn't mean faction war. Don't get sand in your pants.

That's not at all what the post was referring to lol
    Except he was, he mentioned the removing of factions cause being at peace means no war is happening ever.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2021-08-27 at 01:53 AM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

Warrior-Magi

Oh this argument again. Warcraft always means war is being made. That doesn't mean faction war. Don't get sand in your pants.
    That's not at all what the post was referring to lol

- - - Updated - - -

Except he was, he mentioned the removing of factions cause being at peace means no war is happening ever.
    Pretty sure he was referring to the McCree name change controversy

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoBisque View Post
    this mobufuki dude is fake

He refers to lecraft as a senior developer but lecraft's job was senior designer. Someone actually in this line of work would understand the difference--typically developer here is referring to someone who actually does the coding. He's not the guy responsible for gameplay decisions if he's a developer

it doesn't make sense for someone who works at blizzard to make this sort of mistake because to them this distinction would actually matter
    Good point. This sort of sends his credibility crashing. I was maintaining something almost analogous to suspension of disbelief until now, but that is pretty condemning for his point.