The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Mixed bag of updates, though I'm honestly leaning toward it's not enough for me to touch Shadowlands.

Customizations are nice but honestly I'm satisfied with my characters.

AoE being changed from hard cap to "reduced damage" feels like positive window dressing, but people will still bitch because in reality they just want AoE Zerg Dungeons back.

The rest of it I'm not sure I like honestly. The endgame changes feel like Blizz gave up on the idea of choice mattering, and alright if that's their choice that's their choice. But then why have these fake choices presented to us at all anymore? I feel like I say this every time Blizz tinkers with these expansion features, but in the end it always comes back to...

Just. Bring. Back. Glyphs.

Literally if you want a system that's "cool gameplay-shifting features you can swap on the fly" that was what Glyphs were back in the days of Prime/Major/Minor. They've been chasing the ghost of Prime Glyphs since the day they removed them, I can only hope that yet another expansion-centric X Power blowing up in their face will convince them to stop with the half-assed systems in 10.0 and just admit removing Glyphs was a mistake.
    WoW has Cancer. First you cut out the cancer (abusive devs), then you assign an aggressive treatment plan (major design rework) to save it.

Or you just let it die because that's too expensive.

FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

"Players who reach a high Renown threshold will be able to freely switch among any of the four Covenants without cooldown or restriction, as well as use cosmetic rewards that they have earned from one covenant even if they are currently a member of a different one. Both the Covenant switching and the use of cosmetic rewards will also apply to alts once the Renown threshold is reached on one character. (This feature will be available in a later PTR build)"

Interesting. Either it's not Renown 80 and we can expect patch sooner or they plan to increase Renown in 9.2, so 80 is not max anyway.

I didn't expect them to touch the AoE until 10.0 that's a curious change..
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    >Players now only need to complete the achievement Breaching the Tomb on one character per account to begin the Legion class mount quests on the Broken Shore. Each character must still complete their class hall campaign, complete quests, and recruit their final order hall champion.
    >Threads of Fate objectives are short, more rewarding, and give better gear

Good, good.
    xD omg.... After I got all class mounts except Mage at least the Mage! At least the Mage
    Vynd | Zorn | Pheraz | Silwyna | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - My personal Kaldorei army <3 Plus lots of voidy high elves <3

I'm certainly glad they are going to adress the souls thing, though I never got why we can't just grab as many souls as we want. It's not like we were selective in who we grab anyway and they certainly don't belong there in the first place.
    MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I'm certainly glad they are going to adress the souls thing, though I never got why we can't just grab as many souls as we want. It's not like we were selective in who we grab anyway and they certainly don't belong there in the first place.
    I guess maybe the system currently only allows souls to be added from that one quest, and changing it would require a rewrite of the code allowing souls to be added to the sanctum.

I guess it's not that bad. It's annoying, but even with infinite anima you still need to wait at least a couple of days between each upgrade, as well as not needing that many souls overall.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I guess maybe the system currently only allows souls to be added from that one quest, and changing it would require a rewrite of the code allowing souls to be added to the sanctum.

I guess it's not that bad. It's annoying, but even with infinite anima you still need to wait at least a couple of days between each upgrade, as well as not needing that many souls overall.
    Effectively souls are just a currency. Adding them to your current balance is trivial. I mean obviously it was a way to time gate, so there is the actual reason. I just found the lore background to be rather weird, I probably wouldn't have picked souls as the currency and instead went for something that would be less jarring in regards to the plot.
    MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiradon View Post
    I didn't expect them to touch the AoE until 10.0 that's a curious change..
    It’s a change that is semi required for the legion dungeons and it feels like garbage not being able to hit all the targets

They are lessening the restriction then probably removing it in 10.0

I do hope they announce 9.2 before November..
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

I am going to make a bold prediction and say Blizzard will announce 9.2 right around the same time 9.1.5 goes live, so likely somewhere in early to mid october.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    It’s a change that is semi required for the legion dungeons and it feels like garbage not being able to hit all the targets

They are lessening the restriction then probably removing it in 10.0
    Why is mass AoE needed all the time? The dungeon mob density is hardly much different from the ones in SL, and the times when there are large amounts of enemies they are pretty much guaranteed to be weak enemies surrounded by a big one.

The game really doesnt need to have that much uncapped AoE, it just leads to the same issue we had in Legion where the ideal solution to M+ is to pull half the dungeon, mass silence and AoE them down with the most ridiculous AoE abilities the game has to offer.

Besides, who sits here and thinks we should honestly tune the current design based on deprecated content? If Legion had problems arising from mass AoE then why should future expansions have to live with it for an event that is currently just a single week every 2-3 months.

I am starting to wonder if some of the people that left because of the lawsuit were also people blocking some decisions made for 9.1.5
    I mean, sure, they want their company to survice and makes lots of cash ofc. It feels like many employees express "relief" and "joy" about all these changes. How awkward can a company hierachy become that those changes are somewhere blocked/lost in communication? Really weird, I hope for the best. I mean, I am playing anyways since I love this game but maybe we'll end up with a better expansion start for next xpac and eventually steve danuser has noticed that his recent lore ideas were not REALLY liked on the internet And we get out of the dragon ball z saviour of the universe vibes
    Vynd | Zorn | Pheraz | Silwyna | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - My personal Kaldorei army <3 Plus lots of voidy high elves <3

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    I am starting to wonder if some of the people that left because of the lawsuit were also people blocking some decisions made for 9.1.5
    I mean, sure, they want their company to survice and makes lots of cash ofc. It feels like many employees express "relief" and "joy" about all these changes. How awkward can a company hierachy become that those changes are somewhere blocked/lost in communication? Really weird, I hope for the best. I mean, I am playing anyways since I love this game but maybe we'll end up with a better expansion start for next xpac and eventually steve danuser has noticed that his recent lore ideas were not REALLY liked on the internet And we get out of the dragon ball z saviour of the universe vibes
    It's probably many factors. We would usually see stuff be made easier around this time anyways, so much of it is probably just the regular. However there is also likely some combination of old bosses being gone leading to a different enviroment in which employees might make more changes both because they think the work enviroment is better (or worse) combined with either a standing order, whether unspoken or not, that they need to appease the playerbase massively.

Next expansion will be interesting to sure. However, the main problems with SL is really the theme and unchangeable design choices. The systems being unpopular is just another problem on the pile, and sadly, it's only that aspect that can reasonably be much different in 10.0 going forward. The theme of 10.0, along with the way the zones are designed is likely already set in stone to a large degree, so that could swing either way at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It's probably many factors. We would usually see stuff be made easier around this time anyways, so much of it is probably just the regular. However there is also likely some combination of old bosses being gone leading to a different enviroment in which employees might make more changes both because they think the work enviroment is better (or worse) combined with either a standing order, whether unspoken or not, that they need to appease the playerbase massively.

Next expansion will be interesting to sure. However, the main problems with SL is really the theme and unchangeable design choices. The systems being unpopular is just another problem on the pile, and sadly, it's only that aspect that can reasonably be much different in 10.0 going forward. The theme of 10.0, along with the way the zones are designed is likely already set in stone to a large degree, so that could swing either way at this point.
    Totally agree. If the theme is unliked again I think this will have a much larger impact on the player base than annoying systems.

So many cool mounts from Legion which we never got that would make great timewalking rewards - The Demonsabers, the Highmountain Eagles, Shar'thos...

Why do I get the feeling we'll end up with just another Hypogryph or Storm dragon recolour?
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

It’s pretty much a must. From PTR to live server they need about 10-12 weeks (12 weeks over the Christmas holidays is common). 8.3 was announced in October and came mid January. They cannot release 9.2 later than February, so an announcement right around October seems likely.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    So many cool mounts from Legion which we never got that would make great timewalking rewards - The Demonsabers, the Highmountain Eagles, Shar'thos...

Why do I get the feeling we'll end up with just another Hypogryph or Storm dragon recolour?
    I would be ok with the fel coloured Stormdrake recolour :P

Basically this but without armour:

And the two missing Infernal recolours please ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    And the two missing Infernal recolours please ^.^
    An infernal mount seems like a likely choice actually. It exemplifies the Legion expansion perfectly, it has an available recolor, and it isnt really that unique.

The eagle would be my choice for best mount to get though, since it isnt available anywhere else, but that seems like a stretch to hope for.

I hope doing high legion keys gives us extra tw badges.

Trans Rights are Human Rights // Elune Says Queer Rights!

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    That you tried to imply Umbric is the leader of the Ren'dorei is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    That you tried to imply Umbric is the leader of the Ren'dorei is hilarious.
    He literally is.

Trans Rights are Human Rights // Elune Says Queer Rights!