Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    People here still think 9.2. isn't the final patch at this point. LMAO.
    9.2 being the last major patch wouldnt really preclude a minor patch after. All expansions since at least WoD has had a minor patch in the end of expansion drought, and probably the ones before that as well.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    The most likely outcome is that we get more Allied Race customization because it was a feature that was supposed to come sometime this expansion sooner or later. If not now then most likely 9.2.5. Much of the work had likely already been done for them, so the devs either fasttracked it, or was supposed to release it regardless. This is afterall just up the alley of usual Minor patches, just a bit more stuff that is usually reserved for the final patch or two of the expansion.
    Agreed. The customizations are definitely something that might have been part of the original scope of the patch. The backtracking stuff, not so much.

I had really hoped they give us at least little bit of story though, the blue post didn't mention anything in that regard. I guess it could come later, but I fear the lame cliffhanger will stand until next year. :/

- - - Updated - - -

Some little stuff to make the year long draught less awful is hardly exceptional or out of the question.
    #1) MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    #2) Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    #3)Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis. #4) The WoW playerbase doesn't deserve housing.

9.2 being the last major patch wouldnt really preclude a minor patch after. All expansions since at least WoD has had a minor patch in the end of expansion drought, and probably the ones before that as well.
    There wasn't one for BfA so I fail to see why you should expect one if 9.2 is the final patch like I expect it is. Legion was a different time, the team was hot off the heels of a very successful expansion compared to the previous one. We are in a very very failed one at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Agreed. The customizations are definitely something that might have been part of the original scope of the patch. The backtracking stuff, not so much.

I had really hoped they give us at least little bit of story though, the blue post didn't mention anything in that regard. I guess it could come later, but I fear the lame cliffhanger will stand until next year. :/

- - - Updated - - -

Some little stuff to make the year long draught less awful is hardly exceptional or out of the question.
    The backtracking stuff always shows up towards the end of the expansion, had we known for sure whether we will get 2 more major patches then we could determine whether this is actually something out of the ordinary or not.
    If SL has 2 more patches then all the backtracking is really early compared to the usual, if the expansion ends with the next major patch however then this is pretty much exactly what we would have usually gotten.

As for story I imagine there will be something. Though I assume it will likely just be a single quest or two in Oribos where Sylvanas says something, maybe a cinematic if we are lucky.

- - - Updated - - -

There wasn't one for BfA so I fail to see why you should expect one if 9.2 is the final patch like I expect it is. Legion was a different time, the team was hot off the heels of a very successful expansion compared to the previous one. We are in a very very failed one at the moment.
    Yes and no, I suppose. There was a patch 8.3.7, but it only contained background system changes to prepare for SL.

Regardless I am more incliend to believe that was the exeption that proves the rule instead of a new precedent.

The perception of the expansion has nothing to do with a .5 patch being made or not. Considering Shadowlands is shaping up to be a shorter expansion, I see no reason why they wouldn't want to squeeze out a 9.2.5 maybe with allied races, heritage armor, or more customizations.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    The perception of the expansion has nothing to do with a .5 patch being made or not. Considering Shadowlands is shaping up to be a shorter expansion, I see no reason why they wouldn't want to squeeze out a 9.2.5 maybe with allied races, heritage armor, or more customizations.
    I'll contest and say that if they were playing a gambit on getting people back for SL, it will not be with a .x.5 patch but a full on .x patch, aka 9.2. 9.1.5 is necessary insofar as to build goodwill again after the broken trust between devs and players. They will likely be wanting to hedge most of their bets with 9.2, and then focus on 10.0.

Another thought exercise: If they have a decent amount of stuff ready at some point for a 9.2.5, why release this as part of a maligned expansion rather than part of a fresh and pristine future one? It makes more sense to include it as part of the 10.X package at that point. And if 9.2 is a huge failure and doesn't bring people and goodwill back, how much will a 9.2.5 really do?

As I've said before, I fully expect a Ruby Sanctum-esque 9.3, just so they can say this wasn't another WoD.

I'll contest and say that if they were playing a gambit on getting people back for SL, it will not be with a .x.5 patch but a full on .x patch, aka 9.2. 9.1.5 is necessary insofar as to build goodwill again after the broken trust between devs and players. They will likely be wanting to hedge most of their bets with 9.2, and then focus on 10.0.

Another thought exercise: If they have a decent amount of stuff ready at some point for a 9.2.5, why release this as part of a maligned expansion rather than part of a fresh and pristine future one? It makes more sense to include it as part of the 10.X package at that point. And if 9.2 is a huge failure and doesn't bring people and goodwill back, how much will a 9.2.5 really do?
    Idk. I think a 9.2.5 is needed. Whether or not there is a 9.3, there will be a long time between 9.2 and whatever comes next. I think a 9.2.5. is needed to bridge the gap. They really can't tolerate another super long draught and .5 patches can add good stuff without it taking a lot of resources for them. As always: We just have to wait and see.

How people here can make wrong predictions.

9.1 in August
    9.1.5 will either be skipped or contain no significant content whatsoever.
    9.2 sometime in April-May 2022.
    To be more serious. 9.3 will happen if 10.0 is delayed, simple as that. It's not like it's ultra optimistic prediction.

Because the end of expansion drought is long and boring, so if Blizzard has extra content they can slap on to keep interest up during the slowest part of an expansion then why shouldnt they? Say for instance it is a transmog change that players want, it's not like players will hate it just because it was part of SL instead of the new expansion.
    The content added will be in the next expansion regardless, so why wait on the off chance it will boost sales by a tiny bit when instead they can keep numbers stable, and also still have it as a selling point for returning players later.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    How people here can make wrong predictions.

To be more serious. 9.3 will happen if 10.0 is delayed, simple as that. It's not like it's ultra optimistic prediction.
    Is this some sort of gotcha here? I hope not.

9.1 was rushed out at the end of June and took a full month to not be a buggy piece of shit. It probably was slated for August but emergency measures required it pushed out before it was ready. This was obvious to anyone with a brain.

What they do at the end of the expansion will absolutely have to do with when they announce 10.0.

If it is really big and people want it sooner (world revamp), there is no need for them to drop a 9.3. They never promised 3 patches and its never stated anywhere that people get a refund if it's not X amount of content.

I do expect 9.2.5 for heritage armor (maybe Forsaken can't get any until Sylvanas is "gone", hence none here), extra AR customization and maybe SL ARs.

SL ARs will probably be a nice gap closer for the end expansion drought, considering they still have to put work into them, though their models seem to be pretty advanced with customization, compared to the legion allied races. I'm not even sure if they can equip armor yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    What they do at the end of the expansion will absolutely have to do with when they announce 10.0.

If it is really big and people want it sooner (world revamp), there is no need for them to drop a 9.3. They never promised 3 patches and its never stated anywhere that people get a refund if it's not X amount of content.

I do expect 9.2.5 for heritage armor (maybe Forsaken can't get any until Sylvanas is "gone"), extra AR customization and maybe SL ARs.
    They did actually promise something similar. Ion said this wouldnt be another WoD, which most players would take to mean more than 2 major patches.
    Ion is a lawyer though, so he would be perfectly at home with technical truths, not to mention it was said ages ago, way before 9.1 even, so things could have easily changed in the meantime.

They did actually promise something similar. Ion said this wouldnt be another WoD, which most players would take to mean more than 2 major patches.
    Ion is a lawyer though, so he would be perfectly at home with technical truths, not to mention it was said ages ago, way before 9.1 even, so things could have easily changed in the meantime.
    Seems like it will only hurt him in the end if he was going solely off of a technicality. The WoW playerbase isn't the brightest, nor the most forgiving. Saying "Hey, this wont be WoD" and then claim that "Well, 9.1 was bigger than 6.1, so no 9.3" while technically true, will just fuel anger. Though I am almost positive at this point there is no 9.3, and he was speaking solely off of a technicality.

They can easily prove that SL was designed to be a smaller expansion without cut content like WoD (its looking to be the case already) and can get away with it that way.

Yes, people will demand refunds/try and sue Blizz but...

If he was really feeling cocky he could say "hey we heard you guys wanted another Legion so we made a smaller expansion to make another Legion :^)"

Well the usual content of the patch was just hotfixed in in BfA IIRC. They could as well have made the corruption vendor and the tweaks it's own patch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    As I've said before, I fully expect a Ruby Sanctum-esque 9.3, just so they can say this wasn't another WoD.
    I could just see them going for a "plans change /shrug" tbh.
    #1) MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    #2) Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    #3)Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis. #4) The WoW playerbase doesn't deserve housing.

Is this some sort of gotcha here? I hope not.

9.1 was rushed out at the end of June and took a full month to not be a buggy piece of shit. It probably was slated for August but emergency measures required it pushed out before it was ready. This was obvious to anyone with a brain.
    Aha. It's not like 9.1 was usual 10 weeks on PTR and most patches launch with shit ton of bugs anyway, cause it's pointless keep things on PTR for eternity. Not to mention quarter end is obvious time to release a patch.

It's not gotcha, I just show you any of us can make stupid predictions. For example I really thought TBC will be August. But it's funny to see how people with overblown ego react when they are wrong. Not only you think you were right anyway, but also assume that people actually right have no brain. Nice xD.

I think that 9.1.5 will have something to bait people into talking about 10.0 similar to the HD starting gear and the human houses in the files. They are probably wishing they had Blizzcon this year to announce 10.0 earlier than next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    They can easily prove that SL was designed to be a smaller expansion without cut content like WoD (its looking to be the case already) and can get away with it that way.

Yes, people will demand refunds/try and sue Blizz but...

If he was really feeling cocky he could say "hey we heard you guys wanted another Legion so we made a smaller expansion to make another Legion :^)"
    They really shouldn't, people can wait for the revamp that is supposedly coming. They shouldn't just do "Smaller expansions." It doesn't help them.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

Warrior-Magi