1. #6721
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    The mog is new, the faerie dragon is not.

    The mount just changes colors.
    The Faerie dragon pet I assume he meant. Not immediately obvious, but there is a high quality faerie dragon pet that I guess is the HD version of the old farie dragon critters.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  2. #6722
    Epic! Gifdwarf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Ban Realm of the Shadowlands
    Posts
    1,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    This game is on the way out and the suits are trying to extract as much money as possible from what few consoomers are left.
    Glad you just figured this out, you're about 10 years late though.

  3. #6723
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/new-aut...rements-324022

    Interesting. Could this be an attempt to cleanse the LFG tool of boosting advertisements? Seems to be in line with the other long requested things they're adding this patch.

  4. #6724
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    The mog is new, the faerie dragon is not.

    The mount just changes colors.
    I meant the little pet in the bottom right window. It's red and has a chunkier appearance than the faerie dragons/sprite darters we have at the moment.

  5. #6725
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    This is just sad. The store mounts were the only ones the artists even tried on anymore and even they are just getting relegated to RECOLORS lmao. You know it's bad when Blizzard's art department isn't even trying anymore.

    We are deep into the milking phase. This game is on the way out and the suits are trying to extract as much money as possible from what few consoomers are left.
    You are aware you are linking the version that explicitly states that the recolors were just a bug in the model viewer right? The shop seems to offer a bundle of most all the mounts, not showcasing recolors.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  6. #6726
    The Insane Arafal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Invading your mind
    Posts
    16,180
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    This is just sad. The store mounts were the only ones the artists even tried on anymore and even they are just getting relegated to RECOLORS lmao. You know it's bad when Blizzard's art department isn't even trying anymore.

    We are deep into the milking phase. This game is on the way out and the suits are trying to extract as much money as possible from what few consoomers are left.
    Read again, we are NOT getting recolors.
    We THOUGHT we are getting recolors because wowhead fucked up when they extracted the file or something along those lines.

    I posted a screenshot of the ACTUAL coloring.

    Trans Rights are Human Rights // Elune Says Queer Rights!


  7. #6727
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/new-aut...rements-324022

    Interesting. Could this be an attempt to cleanse the LFG tool of boosting advertisements? Seems to be in line with the other long requested things they're adding this patch.
    Ohh man, I can see the cries of the downtrodden right now. The no phones meme will be back in full force for the people who were all to willing to complain way back when Blizzard required attaching an authenticator to get 4 extra bag slots.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  8. #6728
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Read again, we are NOT getting recolors.
    We THOUGHT we are getting recolors because wowhead fucked up when they extracted the file or something along those lines.

    I posted a screenshot of the ACTUAL coloring.
    You really underestimate Val's confirmation bias. Anything that he can milk to confirm his preexisting beliefs will be milked hard. I don't even know why the guy even is around here other than to doomsay and generally irritate everyone.

  9. #6729
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In some Sanctuaryesque place or a Haven
    Posts
    42,840
    The claim "X COMPANY IS MILKING X" is used far too much.


    You really underestimate Val's confirmation bias. Anything that he can milk to confirm his preexisting beliefs will be milked hard. I don't even know why the guy even is around here--just to doomsay?
    That and put animeesqe games on a pedestal but...........moving on.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

    Warrior-Magi

  10. #6730
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    This is just sad. The store mounts were the only ones the artists even tried on anymore and even they are just getting relegated to RECOLORS lmao. You know it's bad when Blizzard's art department isn't even trying anymore.

    We are deep into the milking phase. This game is on the way out and the suits are trying to extract as much money as possible from what few consoomers are left.
    And that is why people don't treat doomsayers seriously.

    You couldn't wait 2 minutes or do minimal reserch before you vent, don't you?

  11. #6731
    The Insane Arafal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Invading your mind
    Posts
    16,180
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    The Faerie dragon pet I assume he meant. Not immediately obvious, but there is a high quality faerie dragon pet that I guess is the HD version of the old farie dragon critters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proudmong View Post
    I meant the little pet in the bottom right window. It's red and has a chunkier appearance than the faerie dragons/sprite darters we have at the moment.
    Ah, yeah.

    I missed that one.
    So we are getting a new set and pet then.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/new-aut...rements-324022

    Interesting. Could this be an attempt to cleanse the LFG tool of boosting advertisements? Seems to be in line with the other long requested things they're adding this patch.
    Anything that reduces the boosting spamm in LFG is a +.

    Trans Rights are Human Rights // Elune Says Queer Rights!


  12. #6732
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    The claim "X COMPANY IS MILKING X" is used far too much.

    Honestly, I can understand that sentiment. It is true that Blizzard has been relying a bit more on the cash shop after subscribers considerably decreased. Although it is true that people overestimate it and look for anything to confirm their preexisting opinions, I do agree that they're leaning on it.

  13. #6733
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Honestly, I can understand that sentiment. It is true that Blizzard has been relying a bit more on the cash shop after subscribers considerably decreased. Although it is true that people overestimate it and look for anything to confirm their preexisting opinions, I do agree that they're leaning on it.
    Yeah there's more and more ammo for it these days. For example in Hearthstone they just announced a new game mode that they are absolutely going to milk the SHIT out of players with.

  14. #6734
    The Insane Arafal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Invading your mind
    Posts
    16,180
    I'm a bit underwhelmed by the Nightborne squint eyes.

    They don't really look that regal like on the NPC models, more like they just smoked some pot.

    Trans Rights are Human Rights // Elune Says Queer Rights!


  15. #6735
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I'm a bit underwhelmed by the Nightborne squint eyes.

    They don't really look that regal like on the NPC models, more like they just smoked some pot.
    You say regal, i say the guys always looked like they’re taking a shit.

  16. #6736
    The Insane Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,040
    Saw the update. My bad.

    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    I don't even know why the guy even is around here other than to doomsay and generally irritate everyone.
    I'm still a Warcraft fan (of the old lore and gamplay) and some tidbits of the new stuff is nice. Music quality has mostly gone downhill since Russell Brower stopped doing the music but we still get an occasional good piece. Art team is usually pretty good. Hoping the game gets better but I'm always disappointed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    That and put animeesqe games on a pedestal but...........moving on.
    Not sure where you've seen me simping for anime games. The only anime games I usually post about here are the Trails games and FFXIV, and I have a lot of criticisms for both. There is a guy in the FFXIV subforum who keeps calling me a FFXIV doomsayer and contrarian, so make of that what you will.

  17. #6737
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Not sure where you've seen me simping for anime games. The only anime games I usually post about here are the Trails games and FFXIV, and I have a lot of criticisms for both. There is a guy in the FFXIV subforum who keeps calling me a FFXIV doomsayer and contrarian, so make of that what you will.
    I suppose that does give you points. If you're consistent about it, that does make me out to be hasty and defensive, so I'll take fault for that and apologize for getting a bit insulting.

  18. #6738
    Did none of you brainiacs figure out that these store mount / transmog recolors will actually be available in game? Do you really think blizzard will shove recolors of their already released shop stuff in the shop?

  19. #6739
    Brewmaster Pheraz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Feralas, Mount Hyal, Quel'Danil Lodge
    Posts
    1,262
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I'm a bit underwhelmed by the Nightborne squint eyes.

    They don't really look that regal like on the NPC models, more like they just smoked some pot.
    I think this wowhead showing room is sooooo much worse than looking at the stuff ingame. There were several datamining sessions where stuff looked way worse than ingame
    Vynd | Zorn | Pheraz | Silwyna | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - My personal Kaldorei army <3 Plus lots of voidy high elves <3

  20. #6740
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Honestly, I can understand that sentiment. It is true that Blizzard has been relying a bit more on the cash shop after subscribers considerably decreased. Although it is true that people overestimate it and look for anything to confirm their preexisting opinions, I do agree that they're leaning on it.
    It's not connected to subs. People brag so much how FF14 popularity exploded - now look at their shop. Companies in last 10 years just discovered that some players are willing to spend way more cash on game for digital stuff. Game director that would suggest not bringing new stuff to or - dear God - closing shop would get fired in 5 minutes.

    Some companies were even more greedy and introduced player power stuff to shop (EA) or.. skip through boring quests in single player game (Ubisoft).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •