Tbf here, the whole racist and argumentative driven global wars have been rather overshadowed recently by the Cosmic Wars between who can destroy existence faster by themselves.

Also, the whole “army” shit in Warcraft kinda doesn’t matter anymore, since it’s mainly not even army Vs Army anymore, just Army (or a couple of combined armies) vs this 1 Divine God that wants to rule and bend all of existence to his will and his army that he simply uses as target fodder.

- - - Updated - - -

Hate on the Legion all you want, but at least they were a genuine Army and Sargeras himself actually needed them for his goals or else he would be fucked.

But here, the Mawsworn kinda…aren’t needed at all. Hell, outside of a few exceptions, some of them not even being in the Mawsworn to begin with, Zovaal’s kinda been fine doing his own shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Alexstrasza is the life binder. I hope they don’t clothe her up either. Some characters are supposed to show skin, and she is one of them. If they’re gonna patch up every girl character ever, even in cases where it makes almost no sense at all, then do the same with guys, please, since almost every guy is shirtless in this series.

Let people show skin if they must, ffs.

The Bros before ho ho ho’s joke was likely removed either cause of it being made by one of the Blizzard devs that were recently part of the Harassment shit, or because Blizzard wants to make the game feel suited for families, and not just teens or adults, which I think is okay, tho this game has legit genocide and shit like that lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Blizzard is removing Trollbane's racism, for no apparent reason.
    https://twitter.com/keyboardturn/sta...11805541089280
    Okay, I’m sorry, but wtf is this Blizzard?

The whole point of BFA is that this is the Alliance and Horde conflict going all out. This means massive genocide of towns, racism, bigotry, etc. It’s hell for both sides mixed with lovecraftian horrors. Why would you remove Trollbane using racist remarks against Etrigg? That’s part of what made WC3 and WoW so great to begin with, the realism and the fucked up aspects of War, the racism, etc.

Why tf would you remove that shit?

How long till they remove Illdian's and Elisande's harem room? Or remove Succubi?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I hope blizzard never reads their own comics, where they use words like "whore" and "bitch".

For the reason that they're in full clown mode, more than ever before after the lawsuit fiasco. And for as long as there's blue-hairs straight out of Twitter rationalizing any of these changes even remotely, it'll keep happening.

How long till they remove Illdian's and Elisande's harem room? Or remove Succubi?
    To be fair, I've been wondering since TBC how Blizzard actually got away with that..
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

This is part of Danath's character. He's an old man from another time like Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino. Besides I main orc warrior and I don't find this offensive at all. Orcs don't exist in real life. Stop confusing reality with fiction.

I see they're swiftly going down the D&D route with the changes. Sanitizing your game of challenging content doesn't make the world a better place, it just makes it harder to have conversations about challenging content.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    So many cool mounts from Legion which we never got that would make great timewalking rewards - The Demonsabers, the Highmountain Eagles, Shar'thos...

Why do I get the feeling we'll end up with just another Hypogryph or Storm dragon recolour?
    Oh ffs. Well, I called it. The predictability of the sheer utter laziness at Blizzard is so depressing some times.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

So, here’s to hoping that there are some signs for the next expansion in this patch and can be datamined, it’s about time.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    Pointless performativity is pointless.

Maybe they should focus on treating their employees better and work on their relationship with the playerbase, than waste time browsing through decade old achievement names that no one gives a fuck about and change lore related dialogue.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Pointless performativity is pointless.

Maybe they should focus on treating their employees better and work on their relationship with the playerbase, than waste time browsing through decade old achievement names that no one gives a fuck about and change lore related dialogue.
    People will say they can "walk and chew gum at the same time". But when we don't see any publicized changes to work environment, contracts, or any of the demands that employees have protested for, and we get trivial, performative in-game changes instead, it's hard not to consider it empty pandering to assuage the public and deflect from the actual issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, I'm all for progressive values and reevaluating yourself and your content. But you should still be able to write and portray racist characters, or characters with racist behaviors, if you're telling a story about racism, or where it at least factors into the story. Sanitizing the game from all of those very real issues actually does a disservice to social justice and progress in my opinion. Talking about it and exploring it in storytelling is certainly better than pretending it doesn't exist.

I understand they want to preserve the escapism of the game for everyone, including marginalized communities who might have felt it hitting too close to home when reading dialog from bigoted characters. And that's fair. But it's hard to have any kind of meaningful storytelling that way, especially in a setting of war between disparate groups. It sort of chips away at many of the benefits of their narrative, like humanizing the "other", making heroes out of discriminated groups, taking a somber look at the analogous real world events that inspired them, etc. They're stories of tenacity and compassion despite adversity and racism. Personaly I find that to serve a greater social purpose than a game stripped of it, but that's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Hard disagree. There was nothing enjoyable about dungeons being "pull every pack before the boss and spam AoE spell", burn boss, repeat. They didn't even feel like dungeons at that point
    It hasn’t changed though
    Even in S1 you would just pull a big group and aoe them for pride then use pride for another big pull

It gets difficult the higher the key which is always the case and either you were in a group that overwhelmed that level of dungeon or you barely succeeded

The only real difference the aoe cap made was bringing uncapped classes
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    I'd be a little critical of that assumption. Keep in mind that dragons are a very common type of mount, so it's possible they're just doing this for that reason. If it doesn't include any new content, I'd be suspect of it. The Astral armor is more indicative of future plotlines because it has actual effort put into it in the spirit of new content, as opposed to simply being a bundle of preexisting mounts.
    The bundle has a theme and there’s a new sprite darter pet

Dragon isles

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Really hoping this doesn't mean they are locking part of the 9.1.5 content behind the Mission Table. It's been notably worse this expansion & I suspect I'm not alone in largely ignoring it to this point.
    The materials missions are why I don’t have a gatherer

- - - Updated - - -

Oh ffs. Well, I called it. The predictability of the sheer utter laziness at Blizzard is so depressing some times.
    When has a tw mount been anything but basic for that expansion

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    When has a tw mount been anything but basic for that expansion

Even the Elephant was a bit fireier so people actually wanted it.

+Though it's a recolour I'd argue the Green Serpent is iconic to the expansion so was much sought after.

I'm just saying there are other Legion mounts that would have been much cooler to add and people would actually be using..

I'd say these were both pretty iconic legion mounts that were never given to players so were good candidates.

Or for an outlier...
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2021-09-03 at 11:28 AM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Removing racism between in game factions is extremely stupid, the entire game is built on the foundation of racism to some extent, Orcs have been called Greenskin/Blackbloods for decades.

Genocide? Excused if you're a pretty woman.
    A heckin racismerino in a game founded on themes like military conquest, interspecies conflict, slavery and in some cases even rape? Now we're going too far. Execute that man.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Your link gives a rather likely reason being copy write conflicts with games workshop which makes sense as they have been going scorched earth on copy write the last few months.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2021-09-03 at 01:49 PM.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

We already have multiple hippogryphs. A non-faction and non-class restricted Felbat would have been cool.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dont give them ideas...

Oo nvm to late.

Yeah, gimme that one and screw the lame hippogryph.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

7+ Year Old Account
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/recolor...h-9-1-5-324042

Apparently there are recolored tomb sets for TW, probably for another KSM.

Formerly known as Arafal

I wonder if the reason there are absolutely no Burning Legion items or mounts in Legion TW is because they have heard how sick people are of cosmic stuff? It would make sense for them to focus on the elf stuff people liked in Legion instead.

There’s even a place in Maldraxxus where a Legion invasion is hinted at but not confirmed by name. For some reason they really don’t want to say their name.
    Last edited by Nagawithlegs; 2021-09-03 at 03:34 PM.