Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Nobody serious is doubting the existence of 9.2 as it was indirectly announced by Ion half a year ago (he never called it 9.2 though), people are doubting the existence of 9.3.
    The post above that doubted 9.2.
    MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    The post above that doubted 9.2.
    Yeah sorry, that's why I edited the serious in. As I said, Ion's already announced 9.2 months ago, so that's not up for debate if you're serious.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Kixxenn View Post
    Do people think we are getting another patch for this expansion after 9.1.5?
    Yes.

The existence of 9.2 isn't up for debate.

Trans Rights are Human Rights // Elune Says Queer Rights!

At least we will be able to finish this 9.3 argument when 9.2 PTR will start. Probably just quick look at last boss will be enough. There is also possibility Blizzard will finally clarify this sooner in some interview.

I think once they come around to properly announcing 9.2 we will know alot more about the fate of SL as a whole.

I was wondering if the new transmog might be the next expansion's deluxe content, with pre-sales it could drop early next year after their next Blizzconline, but I doubt they'd make a bundle page for it then right away.
    MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis.

It is difficult to speculate on anything past 9.2 really, since we don't even know when that is coming or what is in it.

I think 9.2 will be the last SL patch. There is no more story to tell here. What is going to happen- are we going to almost catch the jailer just so he can jet off to a new land at the end? Just like last time?

Either that or some crazy plot twist where a group of unknown or unexpected enemies show up some time in 9.2 just so we can fight them in 9.3? I don't think they would go that route. People already complain that they are really not that "invested" in defeating the jailer since we basically knew nothing about him until SL. How "invested" would we be in defeating this new group in 9.3 (especially since we didn't even know about them until 9.2?)

See, its silly...... Not only that- but it has been stated that the Jailer is the end boss of the x pac.

I think Blizz's best bet is (they won't do this, they never follow my advice):
    Oct: 9.1.5
    Feb 22: 9.2 End of SL (jailer defeated)
    July 22: 9.3 Return to Azeroth (expanded pre patch for 10 w/ raid and dungeons because content has been sparse in SL, dungeons and raid do not have to be related to next x pac, can be some Azeroth old world stuff or some threats that developed on Azeroth while we were away, maybe even vanilla time walking)
    Nov 22: New X pac, 2 years after launch of SL

That's really their best bet and if they pull that off I think they will be in good shape come 10.0

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    It is difficult to speculate on anything past 9.2 really, since we don't even know when that is coming or what is in it.

I think 9.2 will be the last SL patch. There is no more story to tell here. What is going to happen- are we going to almost catch the jailer just so he can jet off to a new land at the end? Just like last time?

Either that or some crazy plot twist where a group of unknown or unexpected enemies show up some time in 9.2 just so we can fight them in 9.3? I don't think they would go that route. People already complain that they are really not that "invested" in defeating the jailer since we basically knew nothing about him until SL. How "invested" would we be in defeating this new group in 9.3 (especially since we didn't even know about them until 9.2?)

See, its silly...... Not only that- but it has been stated that the Jailer is the end boss of the x pac.

I think Blizz's best bet is (they won't do this, they never follow my advice):
    Oct: 9.1.5
    Feb 22: 9.2 End of SL (jailer defeated)
    July 22: 9.3 Return to Azeroth (expanded pre patch for 10 w/ raid and dungeons because content has been sparse in SL, dungeons and raid do not have to be related to next x pac, can be some Azeroth old world stuff or some threats that developed on Azeroth while we were away, maybe even vanilla time walking)
    Nov 22: New X pac, 2 years after launch of SL

That's really their best bet and if they pull that off I think they will be in good shape come 10.0
    In 9.2 Jailer gets what he wanted in Sepulcher (Primus himself said Jailer goes there to gain knowledge), we defeat/cleanse Anduin, Jailer launch invasion of Azeroth in 9.3 (it was stated TWO on separate occasions that Jailer is "coming for soul of Azeroth"). Of course it could be also done in 9.2, something like later part of raid happening in Azeroth and Anduin as "Aggrammar" boss. Point is, there are no limitations from story POV for 9.3.

Whole argument is about logistics. Obviously Blizzard would prefer launch 10.0 on late 2022 and get sweet, sweet cash from boxes around Christmas. Especially when signifant part of playerbase is screaming at them they should scrap current thing and move on (which is baffling on it's own, suddenly these "responsible consumers" ask Blizzard to screw them again like during WoD).

But question is if they can make it ready on 2022. If they can't, only ways to keep people are either giving them content patches or giving away candies taht were limited previously... which they already do in 9.1.5 so that card is used this expac.

And if we talk about reputation, it's not like they need 10.0 for that. Giving away candies and genuinely good changes in 9.1.5 already did a lot good. Hated "smug" Brack is gone, there is new messiah Mike Ybarra. Innovative 9.2 that will be pretty disjointed from SL anyway would be enough to completely change mood, something like 5.2 (can doesn't mean it will). It's especially visible in BfA that almost every patch could have different structure.

Quote Originally Posted by Kixxenn View Post
    Do people think we are getting another patch for this expansion after 9.1.5? I mean I kinda didn't think this would be a thing. If we do is it going to be on levels of 8.3? Where the budget felt completely butchered? To be fair that was kinda happening to all Blizzard IPs past two years or so? *slow blink* I think Blizzard would know if they don't make any content they probably wouldn't be looking at any revenue until the next expansion comes out.. if one even comes out.
    From a technical perspective, this doesn't smell like an end-of-expansion patch. 9.1.5 appears somewhat locked down on the technical side of things since it was already used as a branch-off point for 2.5.2 which has gone live (as well as 1.14 which is on PTR now with release expected in a few weeks). There's some new 9.x-only graphical stuff that's still new/being tested in 9.1.5, but other than that it just seems to be pretty much locked down (outside of system/content iterations, which are always ongoing these days). Even if Ion didn't very clearly imply the existence of more content this expansion cycle, I'd say 9.2 is a given.
    Last edited by Marlamin; 2021-09-04 at 02:20 PM.

Wait people are actually doubting 9.2? Weird.

I mean 9.3 I would say is a coinflip, and there's obviously precedent for not having a .3, but 9.2 is a mortal lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post

I'm just playing devil's advocate here, but we could also just be doing some basic fishing for some McGuffin in another zone. We clearly need a Maw Sigil to follow Zovaal. If they wanted to they could just make a raid in some proto maw zone that floats somewhere in the middle of nowhere that was something like Zovaal's original realm. There we uncover something about him (with out actually meeting him at all in 9.2) and reforge his sigil after dealing with a few pests there that have taken overt the place, like some devourers, brokers, first ones creations and maybe some original Zovaal flavor enemies. We know practically nothing about his original character.

That would practically be Blizzard's last chance to cram in some much needed exposition for him and flesh him out before we take him down. Time gating that over 8 weeks otherwise after you've already butchered him in normal/heroic in the first week of the final patch is certainly not going to do it.

While I doubt it personally from a business PoV, it could be a possible from the way video game stories usually work. I certainly hope they won't have him vanish off into the distance a 2nd time. Turning this into a "Your princessgimp is in another castle" meme isn't bound to resonate too well with people, though I doubt neither is going on what amounts to a side adventure after we already did so this patch with the whole sigil gimmik (introduced and immediately resolved).

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Wait people are actually doubting 9.2? Weird.

I mean 9.3 I would say is a coinflip, and there's obviously precedent for not having a .3, but 9.2 is a mortal lock.
    Well, one person is doubting 9.2. Everyone else is telling him otherwise.

9.2? Definitely.
    9.3? I lean towards no.

But the real question is if they are so far behind in development that they feel they have to cut 9.3, then how far behind are they on 10.0 as well? How long will 9.2 last, and how much will have to be cut from 10.0?

Quote Originally Posted by Kohtra View Post
    9.2? Definitely.
    9.3? I lean towards no.

But the real question is if they are so far behind in development that they feel they have to cut 9.3, then how far behind are they on 10.0 as well? How long will 9.2 last, and how much will have to be cut from 10.0?
    Being behind doesn't mean stuff is cut necessarily, SL was delayed release wise. Possibly it might get "cut" but that seems unlikely and Ion has been more then willing to say "No more content" before(See WoD and that.................................disappointing moment).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

Warrior-Magi

So, has anyone tried the stuff on the PTR yet? How does the changing work exactly or is the R80 feature not yet testable?

A rare Saturday build, looks like just crash fixes and:

- One of the lunar new year shop textures being encrypted after leaking last build.
    - The addition of an interestingly named icon: Interface\ICONS\INV_LightForgedTalbuk.blp (unsure if for existing pet/creature or new mount (but mount smells like it would make the most sense))
    Last edited by Marlamin; 2021-09-04 at 10:03 PM.

Considering the LFD hunter pet has been changed to a mana ray, I think this new Talbuk is (finally) their unique paladin mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Considering the LFD hunter pet has been changed to a mana ray, I think this new Talbuk is (finally) their unique paladin mount.
    While I wouldn't say no to having one, that feels a bit odd given they have so many felcrusher elekks.

But given all the customization updates, sorely tempted to change my paladin from regular draenei to them when this hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    This is exciting and exactly what I asked for, so I hope it happens! The bond between Talbuk and Draenei need to be explored more

Blademaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    A rare Saturday build, looks like just crash fixes and:

- One of the lunar new year shop textures being encrypted after leaking last build.
    - The addition of an interestingly named icon: Interface\ICONS\INV_LightForgedTalbuk.blp (unsure if for existing pet/creature or new mount (but mount smells like it would make the most sense))
    PLEASE be the LF paladin mount!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    While I wouldn't say no to having one, that feels a bit odd given they have so many felcrusher elekks.

But given all the customization updates, sorely tempted to change my paladin from regular draenei to them when this hits.
    If you read the mount descriptions for the elekks, the elekks were a new addition to the Army of Light introduced from Outlands. There is really no solid lore for them, most of the Lightforged Draenei stayed behind on Argus or weren't on Draenor long enough for Elekks to be associated with them. They are mostly connected to regular Draenei who stole(?) them from Draenor.

Pantera, Talbuk, Mana Rays and Marsuul are the original creatures of Argus and the Eredar and therefore are a much more fitting mount for the Lightforged.
    Last edited by Nagawithlegs; 2021-09-04 at 10:39 PM.