Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    The sterlization of the game right now is a reaction to the lawsuit and maybe some of the woke elements now having the power to change things that previously were prevented.
    I think it's also sending a message to residual elements inside Blizzard whose behavior didn't rise to the level of being immediately fired when the scandal broke. It's telling them that previous culture will not be tolerated.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I think it's also sending a message to residual elements inside Blizzard whose behavior didn't rise to the level of being immediately fired when the scandal broke. It's telling them that previous culture will not be tolerated.
    This is a very good point as well. I cannot imagine it's easy to argue against inappropriate flirting in the workplace when you are developing a game where not only can you do the same in the game, but the game supports unique emotes that have you insinuate the person should drop their pants.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    This is a very good point as well. I cannot imagine it's easy to argue against inappropriate flirting in the workplace when you are developing a game where not only can you do the same in the game, but the game supports unique emotes that have you insinuate the person should drop their pants.
    That is "games cause school shootings" levels of logic.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Jack Thompson must be smiling right now.

Must be hard to argue against murder in the work place when you’re designing a game that has you chopping peoples’ heads off for 5 gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    This is absolutely depressing, but people will still find a way to defend this, no matter how far they go.
    That's when they just jump to personally attacking the people mocking or criticizing it, or telling them they shouldn't care.

The people who actually defend these changes are rare, those who actually successfully found a sensible defense for them, even rarer. (0)

Well sadly society has not yet gotten to the point where people are trusted to understand that sexually harassing people is wrong like what society expects people to understand with murder.

Also context is important. The flirting lines are not treated with the same weight as quests where you wantonly kill and murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Jack Thompson must be smiling right now.
    He is probably still ranting about the MS flight simulator being a terrorist training tool.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

He is probably still ranting about the MS flight simulator being a terrorist training tool.
    A little smirk in between it all.

- - - Updated - - -

Well sadly society has not yet gotten to the point where people are trusted to understand that sexually harassing people is wrong like what society expects people to understand with murder.

Also context is important. The flirting lines are not treated with the same weight as quests where you wantonly kill and murder.
    Most people here seem to understand. Most people seemed to expect Blizzard to understand.

My god you guys are such nannies. Do you ever just have fun?

(Who am I kidding? Of course not. You still vehemently play WoW.)

A little smirk in between it all.

- - - Updated - - -

Most people here seem to understand. Most people seemed to expect Blizzard to understand.

My god you guys are such nannies. Do you ever just have fun?

(Who am I kidding? Of course not. You still vehemently play WoW.)
    Going by the amount of people i have seen that complain against the "feminazi agenda" or similar I would argue there are many who don't.

Going by the amount of people i have seen that complain against the "feminazi agenda" or similar I would argue there are many who don't.
    Ah, this is the point where you conflate a massive ideology with different branches including extremist ones with basic social sensibilities.

Everyone who isn't an intersectional radfem who whinges about old white men all day has to also not understand consent. And how's that working out for you? Considering the penchant for "male allies" to be caught with their pants down being exceptionally statistically likely to do heinous shit that totally contradict their supposed views.

future narration will give me a cringe with new censorship

Ah, this is the point where you conflate a massive ideology with different branches including extremist ones with basic social sensibilities.

Everyone who isn't an intersectional radfem who whinges about old white men all day has to also not understand consent. And how's that working out for you? Considering the penchant for "male allies" to be caught with their pants down being exceptionally statistically likely to do heinous shit that totally contradict their supposed views.
    I don't exactly feel like I am wrong for looking at a forum filled with people angry at the removal of inappropriate flirting or the renaming of quests named after juvenile sexual innuendos and making the leap that this is a group of people that make light of a real issue.

I can absolutely agree that this is a kinda weak way of remedying this problem, but it's at least something, which tends to be better than nothing.

Also, that took you all of 2 posts from arguing that you shouldn't personally attack someone, to personally attacking me for my views and insinuating I am a horrible misogynist.

Kinda impressive in a way.

It’s a marvelous display of horseshoe theory. Only instead of video games cause violence, it’s video games cause sexual harassment.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

I don't exactly feel like I am wrong for looking at a forum filled with people angry at the removal of inappropriate flirting or the renaming of quests named after juvenile sexual innuendos and making the leap that this is a group of people that make light of a real issue.

I can absolutely agree that this is a kinda weak way of remedying this problem, but it's at least something, which tends to be better than nothing.

Also, that took you all of 2 posts from arguing that you shouldn't personally attack someone, to personally attacking me for my views and insinuating I am a horrible misogynist.

Kinda impressive in a way.
    Honestly, that's just a kafkatrap.

I made a comment about you then? Because I only highlighted that for all their bluster, one of the groups disproportionately in the center of sex scandals are self-proclaimed male allies. Don't wear that shoe if it doesn't fit.

Honestly, that's just a kafkatrap.

I made a comment about you then? Because I only highlighted that for all their bluster, one of the groups disproportionately in the center of sex scandals are self-proclaimed male allies. Don't wear that shoe if it doesn't fit.
    A kafkatrap, I see.
    So kinda like looking at those who think the ability to moan at strangers is wrong, and immediately jumping to those people being fervent misogynists?
    What exactly am I supposed to argue here then? Should I say I beat women daily? Will that make my position on saying I agree with the removal of most of these emotes seem more genuine?

You are not even arguing artistic integrity here. At least that I could respect.

A kafkatrap, I see.
    So kinda like looking at those who think the ability to moan at strangers is wrong, and immediately jumping to those people being fervent misogynists?
    What exactly am I supposed to argue here then? Should I say I beat women daily? Will that make my position on saying I agree with the removal of most of these emotes seem more genuine?

You are not even arguing artistic integrity here. At least that I could respect.
    You do realize you're here pretty much deepthroating the shoe, right?

You do realize you're here pretty much deepthroating the shoe, right?
    By not throwing a fit over a couple of emotes changing? Or by not caring about the changed paintings?

By not throwing a fit over a couple of emotes changing? Or by not caring about the changed paintings?
    No, by getting real upset by the observation that the people to wail the hardest over the necessity of the removal of innocuous shit like this also happen to statistically significantly be the people with skeletons in their closet.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Well since most of the Jokes/Flirts seem incomplete. (Many of the more controversial ones aren't even touched imo) I bet we're getting another build with more drama next week. I don't get why they keep doing this because it is pretty obvious all of this was planned ahead of time. So why is it that they feel it is necessary to publically showcase this nonsense every week? It is to showcase that the game belongs to them and not you. I suppose. I do find it relatively odd how a lot of this stuff does not fit criteria at all of what they wrote and again it can't all be explained away that this was all done by "disgraced developer". The consistent ramming this into everyones' heads that this is how things are going to be moving forward. It's genuinely frustrating because all of these changes do not need testing outside of the emotes and could be implemented on patch launch as they are database entry changes.

I mean I genuinely find this amusing at this point. Because even if this new culture is this way where "No sex/No inappropriate jokes/No flirting/Nothing allowed" and yet they still won't write diverse characters and instead as we saw with Shadowlands they opted for blatant tokenism of both relationships and characters instead of actually making them real characters. So yeah, I just don't see the end game here. Their narrative team has consistently throughout the decades written the stereotypical female character who becomes hysterical over the smallest thing and in WoW it always turns them into genocidal maniacs until they suspiciously calm down again. This is even without the "old guard" female character portrayal of them being in skimpy clothing and you know which characters I am talking about here.

I genuinely find it amusing that these idiots take higher wage cuts for working in this industry rather than the IT sector and then proceed that their heavenly path laid before them is to essentially sanitize and splatter tokenism everywhere as if it legitimately means something. But the moment you start asking where is the intimate relationships of the same gender. Nah fam that's too much, here have some more tokenism where we show that these people are homosexual or this person is transgender and we failed to even FUNDAMENTALLY UNDERSTAND PRONOUNS SO WE HAD TO HAVE FEEDBACK FOR IT. Oh you're a white male? You're a disgrace.

I genuinely find this whole situation hilarious. If the company actually made compelling stories that supported the LGBTQIA++ community while improving representation. But, instead it is always just an afterthought and seemingly done just to get a meeting setup for fistbumps around the non-privileged in the office. It's pathetic, honestly.

Meanwhile the backdrop of all this is a Nietsche level emo-drama that has the pace of snails with a big blue man with his chest bare and his nipples puffing out while their form of representation here is that Sylvanas is turned into this ridiculous savior character so that in their heads women everywhere can relate and celebrate Sylvanas after this is all over but forgetting about her crimes, go figure.
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2021-10-03 at 01:15 PM.