1. #8141
    What if the Jailor manages to unmake reality or begin the process of it? What if, in order to save reality after it's been damaged, it has to be reset? We could begin anew on Azeroth where, while characters and events are similar, events happen differently. For example, there's still a Lich King but in this version someone else dons the helm and wields Frostmourne? What if Lor'themar dies during the Scourging of Quel'thalas instead of Sylvanas and becomes a banshee queen esque character? It's a chance to undo all the stupid inflicted on the original Warcraft I-III as it's an alternate reality. Or maybe the Azeroth we know is actually alternate Azeroth. Honestly, I'm just spinning ideas. No one take me seriously.
    Good Bye.

  2. #8142
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Bringing the Void into play makes the Shadowlands even more pointless. They would basically trash everything they tried to build up in this expansion when all of a sudden a new omega threat is appearing. Not that they have massively underdeveloped the Shadowlands anyway, but with interaction of Light/Void everything we learned about the Eternal Ones, the afterlive etc. would have been completely meaningless as it would be denigrated to be the location the expansion took place, but eventually never mattered at all.
    That is how every expansion works. Outland was completely pointless beyond being the initial staging point for the Legion's invasion, which is why the last tier takes place in Quel'thalas, because Outland itself didn't matter at all. Pandaria didn't matter beyond the fact that the opposing faction was there, so when Garrosh's forces leave everyone follows back to Orgrimmar. Northrend itself doesn't matter at all, just that the scourge happened to be based there, the expansion only takes place solely in Northrend because the terrible writing had Arthas doing fuck all and 99% of the scourge forces just hanging out in Northrend. If Arthas had actually bothered to go attack someplace the 3.3 raid could have easily been anywhere else because nothing but him and the other top end people in the scourge mattered by that point.

  3. #8143
    Quote Originally Posted by The Banshee View Post
    What if the Jailor manages to unmake reality or begin the process of it? What if, in order to save reality after it's been damaged, it has to be reset? We could begin anew on Azeroth where, while characters and events are similar, events happen differently. For example, there's still a Lich King but in this version someone else dons the helm and wields Frostmourne? What if Lor'themar dies during the Scourging of Quel'thalas instead of Sylvanas and becomes a banshee queen esque character? It's a chance to undo all the stupid inflicted on the original Warcraft I-III as it's an alternate reality. Or maybe the Azeroth we know is actually alternate Azeroth. Honestly, I'm just spinning ideas. No one take me seriously.
    I am thinking, the big brand heroes of Azeroth are going to be the next Pantheon

    Sylvanas will take the Jailer's orb, becoming the new Goddess of Death.
    Illidan will slay Sargeras and take his power, becoming the God of Disorder.
    Tyrande becomes the permanent avatar of Elune, becoming the Goddess of Life.
    Alleria masters the Void Naaru inside of her, becoming the Goddess of Shadow.
    Turalyon gets juiced up by another Prime Naaru, becoming the God of Light.
    Jaina just keeps getting buffed somehow and becomes the Goddess of Order.

    And in classic Blizzard writing they will all hold hands, bringing peace to the universe. The end.

  4. #8144
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    I am thinking, the big brand heroes of Azeroth are going to be the next Pantheon

    Sylvanas will take the Jailer's orb, becoming the new Goddess of Death.
    Illidan will slay Sargeras and take his power, becoming the God of Disorder.
    Tyrande becomes the permanent avatar of Elune, becoming the Goddess of Life.
    Alleria masters the Void Naaru inside of her, becoming the Goddess of Shadow.
    Turalyon gets juiced up by another Prime Naaru, becoming the God of Light.
    Jaina just keeps getting buffed somehow and becomes the Goddess of Order.

    And in classic Blizzard writing they will all hold hands, bringing peace to the universe. The end.
    The only one that makes sense is Alleria, and that's because she already has the power of a God, the power of the Dark Naaru (the Naaru are deities and are the Cosmic counterpart of the Old GODS). So Alleria unlike these cretins is already a Demi-God.

    I could see her consuming a Void Lord in the future.

    That being said, all these other people are mere mortals, they don't belong in any Pantheon.

  5. #8145
    Finally, I am back logged onto the computer. Forgot my username for some reason lol.

    But yeah, just to rundown on the shit I think: The recent changes in WoW blow, and they shouldn't need to exist.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    The only one that makes sense is Alleria, and that's because she already has the power of a God, the power of the Dark Naaru (the Naaru are deities and are the Cosmic counterpart of the Old GODS). So Alleria unlike these cretins is already a Demi-God.

    I could see her consuming a Void Lord in the future.

    That being said, all these other people are mere mortals, they don't belong in any Pantheon.
    The Naaru suck ass, and they aren't really that comparable to the Old Gods unless you want to MAYBE compare them in cosmic hierarchy. But I do agree that none of these people should be in a Pantheon.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also, here's an idea people, how about you let SL stay as the Life/Death (Heavily Death focused) expansion? Maybe give us a Life Pantheon if we need to, but please just keep the focus on Death and the First Ones. Please.

  6. #8146
    Old Gods are as much gods as lightning strikes can be attributed to zeus having eaten something wrong. And frankly naaru seem considerably weaker yet again, including the effing prime naaru.
    None of the Azeroth schmocks should become central figures in the cosmology.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Also, here's an idea people, how about you let SL stay as the Life/Death (Heavily Death focused) expansion? Maybe give us a Life Pantheon if we need to, but please just keep the focus on Death and the First Ones. Please.
    I mean technically the first ones are already way beyond the scope of death&life, they were the founding figures of the whole universe and the figures behind the cosmic forces, the closest to actual gods as we know right now.
    #1) MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    #2) Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    #3)Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis. #4) The WoW playerbase doesn't deserve housing.

  7. #8147
    Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    Old Gods are as much gods as lightning strikes can be attributed to zeus having eaten something wrong. And frankly naaru seem considerably weaker yet again, including the effing prime naaru.
    None of the Azeroth schmocks should become central figures in the cosmology.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I mean technically the first ones are already way beyond the scope of death&life, they were the founding figures of the whole universe and the figures behind the cosmic forces, the closest to actual gods as we know right now.
    Well, we don't know if they did make the Cosmic Forces, or if they just simply balanced them which then made the Cosmos. But yeah, they are beyond that scope. The IDEA however is that us meeting the First Ones' Sepulcher and whatnot is basically us finally stepping into the realms of the Cosmos, and realizing that even our "gods" have a power that rules over them.

  8. #8148
    Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    Old Gods are as much gods as lightning strikes can be attributed to zeus having eaten something wrong. And frankly naaru seem considerably weaker yet again, including the effing prime naaru.
    None of the Azeroth schmocks should become central figures in the cosmology.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I mean technically the first ones are already way beyond the scope of death&life, they were the founding figures of the whole universe and the figures behind the cosmic forces, the closest to actual gods as we know right now.
    False.

    Both the Old Gods, as the name implies, and the Naaru are divine in nature. And they both have godly powers. The Old Gods are capable of corrupting even the Dragon Aspects and can corrupt entire worlds and Titan souls. The Naaru are capable of laying waste to entire cities in one swift strike (see the Dark Naaru in AU Draenor).

    The Old Gods and Naaru are already cemented in the Warcraft cosmology, see the Chronicles.

    Are we really trying to argue that the Old G O D S aren't considered Gods? Come now

  9. #8149
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    The only one that makes sense is Alleria, and that's because she already has the power of a God, the power of the Dark Naaru (the Naaru are deities and are the Cosmic counterpart of the Old GODS). So Alleria unlike these cretins is already a Demi-God.

    I could see her consuming a Void Lord in the future.

    That being said, all these other people are mere mortals, they don't belong in any Pantheon.
    Yeah, let her consume a fucking VOID LORD! A fully powered Void Lord. Suuuurrreeee

    That would be like someone consuming the power of Yog-Sothoth. No.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    False.

    Both the Old Gods, as the name implies, and the Naaru are divine in nature. And they both have godly powers. The Old Gods are capable of corrupting even the Dragon Aspects and can corrupt entire worlds and Titan souls. The Naaru are capable of laying waste to entire cities in one swift strike (see the Dark Naaru in AU Draenor).

    The Old Gods and Naaru are already cemented in the Warcraft cosmology, see the Chronicles.

    Are we really trying to argue that the Old G O D S aren't considered Gods? Come now
    The Old Gods are simply godly in that they once ruled Azeroth prior to the Titans arriving there, hence why the mortals on Azeroth gave them such a name. They themselves aren't really "gods". Hell, even the Naaru are more-so comparable to the old testament Angels, tbh.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Other mortals simply call Old Gods "Dark Gods" cause of their insane void abilities and otherworldly looks. I don't even think you should consider the Eternal Ones, the Titans, or even the Void Lords as a true "divinity" tbh. The Outer Gods in H.P Lovecraft certainly aren't truly gods, but to the mortals, they display godlike powers and authority that give them such a title.

  10. #8150
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    False.

    Both the Old Gods, as the name implies, and the Naaru are divine in nature. And they both have godly powers. The Old Gods are capable of corrupting even the Dragon Aspects and can corrupt entire worlds and Titan souls. The Naaru are capable of laying waste to entire cities in one swift strike (see the Dark Naaru in AU Draenor).

    The Old Gods and Naaru are already cemented in the Warcraft cosmology, see the Chronicles.

    Are we really trying to argue that the Old G O D S aren't considered Gods? Come now
    That's just your head canon mate, because it supports your Alleria worshipping. Also Chronicles, or more to the point that one picture, has already been lowered to the levels of titan fan fiction, since Blizzard can't stick to a canon to save their lives.
    #1) MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    #2) Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    #3)Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis. #4) The WoW playerbase doesn't deserve housing.

  11. #8151
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I get all of this. What you say makes sense. But they can't even untangle the single Death-related storyline. How should they get the writing for a cosmic war with 4 or 5 of the major forces right? This sounds so incredibly bad already, I don't want them to even try at this point.

    Maybe the next expansion really should be tabula rasa and named World of Warcraft: Awokenings, it would fit their current agenda.
    What do you mean they can't untangle it? Bro, the basis of the plot is fully realized already, and we simply need to stop Zovaal at the Sepulcher within the realm of the First Ones. Simple.

  12. #8152
    Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    That's just your head canon mate, because it supports your Alleria worshipping. Also Chronicles, or more to the point that one picture, has already been lowered to the levels of titan fan fiction, since Blizzard can't stick to a canon to save their lives.
    Nope.

    The Old Gods are Gods, as is their name, and thus so are the Naaru, as they are their Cosmic counterpart.

    This is factually proven by the fact that both of these creatures are worshipped by many races across the cosmos. We see this in Azeroth (Twilight's Hammer Cult), we see this in Draenor (Arakkoa, Lightbound), we see this in Argus (Void Ethereals), etc.

    You are trying to deny reality because you hate Alleria.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2021-10-05 at 08:15 AM.

  13. #8153
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Not 4 or 5, just the Light and Void would be enough.

    It would be possible to feature 3 forces. Patch 7.3 of Legion indeed featured 3 forces: the Burning Legion (naturally), the Army of the Light, and the Void in Mac'aree.

    A section of the final raid could feature a minion of the Light or the Void trying to stop the Janitor, that would be interesting to see (the creature could either get in our way or try to help us). Or conversely the forces of the Light could come to the Janitor's aid, since it was stated in a whisper that the Light made a bargain with Janitor (the "enemy of all" from the perspective of the Old God N'Zoth).

    There is also a precedent of the final patch of an expansion featuring elements that appear in the following expansion (Iron Star in 5.3, Legion in 6.2), so personally it would make sense to feature the Lightbound in some way, since they'll obviously appear in 10.0. Perhaps what the Janitor is trying to do could serve as prelude for an invasion of the Lightbound in MU Azeroth. We also know that the Lightbound are trying to conquer the entire Cosmos, so it makes sense that they would get involved with the Cosmic shenanigans the Janitor is trying to do.

    Of course, nothing since patch 8.0 is comparable to patch 7.3, which in my opinion is the best patch in this game's history (at least when it comes to the Lore and Story for certain), but they can try.

    Also the next expansion will be Legion 2.0, at least from a hype perspective. So expect the Void Lords to be featured massively. The Void Lords have pretty much been the overarching villains of the franchise since Chronicles came out. As they are the begins responsible for Sargeras' descent into madness and the creation of the Old Gods.

    What better time to feature the Void Lords than in the expansion after ShitLands?
    Uhm, 7.3 gave us 4, not 3. We literally met the Pantheon of Order...

    Anyways, I think Light and Shadow for ANDUIN is enough. Life and Death (Mostly Death) should stay the confines of SL. Hell, we haven't even seen the realms of Life yet, and I'm not even sure we will see that shit this expac, we may see it next expac tbh, which will piss a LOT of people off, but whatever, Blizzard loves to milk WoW so idc anymore. My personal hope is that it's forced into 9.2 so we don't have to go through that plotline anymore, but I've been wrong before.

    As for Light and Shadow, my personal ideals is that the Light and Shadow plot is after SL, and we'll battle Sargeras at the Seat of the Pantheon and/or the Realm of Order in some mini raid.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    That's just your head canon mate, because it supports your Alleria worshipping. Also Chronicles, or more to the point that one picture, has already been lowered to the levels of titan fan fiction, since Blizzard can't stick to a canon to save their lives.
    What does canon have to do with anything? The Old Gods have always been below the Titans outside of old lore being weird, and Krasus' shit theories of Sargeras' power in comparison to the Old Gods lol.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Actually, with Shadowlands the Nathrezim/Death are responsible for Sargeras' descent into madness, not the void.
    No. It was still the Void. All the Nathrezim did was hasten the process by showing Sargeras a power that literally opposed the Titan's will so much, that Sargeras assumed there was no way of stopping it, all of which would benefit Zovaal's plot of weakening the other Cosmic Pantheons from within.

    To say the Nathrezim legit were responsible for Sargeras' descent would be dishonest. Sargeras is still afraid of the Void Lords and their shit. All the Nathrezim did was showcase the "threat".

    - - - Updated - - -

    Reminder that the Void isn't evil either. They legit work as a force that consumes all things. Sargeras is just too much of a beta to realize that, cause the Dreadlords showed him the crazy stuff, like what the Void could do to a Titan world-soul.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Arthas already redeemed himself, it is stated that he was the only thing keeping the Lich King from annihilating all of Azeroth. So basically if Arthas wasn't there inside the Lich King, he would have unleashed the Scourge to swarm the world like locusts.

    Him coming back naturally would just be nostalgia bait, but really his story arc was already completed.

    Even though Arthas will obviously come back (even though he shouldn't), I hope they'll still show the Light and/or the Void in some way. They should send their forces to wherever the Janitor went, since they can't afford Death to unmake reality. The Naaru and Void Lords' got to do something about the Janitor. Maybe Xal'atath could come into play somehow, now that she has a host body.
    I find this funny, when you consider all of the LK's choices were Arthas'. So, no, he didn't redeem shit. If anything, Arthas simply held back the TRUE potential of the LK AKA Zovaal's power, which also explains why he was such a massive failure.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Dude was much weaker than he was supposed to be.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    We are not getting 9.2 till late february/early march at the earliest.
    I'm gonna say no on that earliest factor and assume 9.2 will be announced in November, and release in Mid February.

  14. #8154
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    What do you mean they can't untangle it? Bro, the basis of the plot is fully realized already, and we simply need to stop Zovaal at the Sepulcher within the realm of the First Ones. Simple.
    It's simple because you write it as that. But the entire Shadowlands' plot still has no meat to it. "Stop Zovaal" is the entire premise, which is lacking in almost every aspect. The mysterious factor which helps and helped in the past doesn't help in this expansion as everything is kept so hidden and mysterious that people just stop to care alltogether.

    What I meant with untangle: get this messy, horrible storytelling right and make one coherent and cohesive story that doesn't feel entirely like a pointless filler plot as it already does. The Tyrande-Nightwarrior-Elune plot shows how they should not resolve open stories in this expansion. They did untangle that, but in the worst way possible.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-10-05 at 08:34 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  15. #8155
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    It's simple because you write it as that. But the entire Shadowlands' plot still has no meat to it. "Stop Zovaal" is the entire premise, which is lacking in almost every aspect. What I meant with untangle: get this messy, horrible storytelling right and make one coherent and cohesive story that doesn't feel entirely like a pointless filler plot as it already does.
    No one is writing it as that. You yourself literally say that the plot is "stop Zovaal". That is simple. It being lacking in substance doesn't mean it's not simple. You're confusing simple with good here.

    SL's plot is easy as fuck to understand. The problem is that the story sucks, and we know nothing of the Villain directly to give a shit about him.

    - - - Updated - - -

    All of SL is explanations with no show. I hope the Sepulcher of the First Ones looks cool.

  16. #8156
    i expect the worst

    - In February we have 9.2 cinematic with no release date

    - Two months later, we have a release date for PTR 9.2

    - Three months later, we have patch 9.2 on live servers.

    - October-november we have patch 9.2.5 (like 9.0.5 and 9.1.5)

    - February 2023 we have a new expansion cinematic (no release date)

    - Two months later we have a PTR

    - November 2023 - expansion is released to live servers
    Last edited by Cherry123; 2021-10-05 at 09:08 AM.

  17. #8157
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    i expect the worst

    -In February we have 9.2 cinematic with no release date

    - Two months later, we have a release date for PTR 9.2

    -Three months later, we have patch 9.2 on live servers.

    - october-november we have patch 9.2.5 (like 9.0.5 and 9.1.5)

    - February 2023 we have a new expansion cinematic (no release date)

    - two months later we have a PTR

    - November 2023 - expansion is released to live servers
    And 9.1 will release in August. And 8.3 is cancelled. BfA is going to be delayed a year and WoD is the final expansion ever.

    9.2 is Mid-to-late February early March is still the most likely scenario.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  18. #8158
    If old gods are gods does kinder chocolate contain real children?
    Come on, void fanboy. You can't be that dense.

  19. #8159
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    And 9.1 will release in August. And 8.3 is cancelled. BfA is going to be delayed a year and WoD is the final expansion ever.

    9.2 is Mid-to-late February early March is still the most likely scenario.
    If 9.2 comes out in February, they need to release PTR this year, but I don't see a chance for PTR this year

  20. #8160
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    i expect the worst

    - In February we have 9.2 cinematic with no release date

    - Two months later, we have a release date for PTR 9.2

    - Three months later, we have patch 9.2 on live servers.

    - October-november we have patch 9.2.5 (like 9.0.5 and 9.1.5)

    - February 2023 we have a new expansion cinematic (no release date)

    - Two months later we have a PTR

    - November 2023 - expansion is released to live servers
    This is madness. This is suicidal. No one likes ShitLands and we're all pretty much just waiting for 10.0, so they'd be wise not to take that long for it.

    Rush it if need be, if the hype and advertising are massive (like it was for WoD) then most people won't notice that it was rushed initially and they can brag about the sales to Activision.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2021-10-05 at 09:19 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •