Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    I really don't think battling a world soul that threatened to destroy all Creation at the Seat of the Pantheon of Order itself within the crucible of all our reality, mind you, is something you really see everyday in WoW, either.
    Just by reading this my brain exploded and that's exactly the reason why plots and storylines like this serve no purpose in WoW. Too convoluted, too complex.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

I've never seen anyone try to pretend WoD didn't have huge content droughts. To this day it's made fun of for the Garrisons and lack of content as well as for the travesty that was 6.1. Though really 6.1 should have just been called 6.0.5, I guess Blizzard was too egotistical to call it like it was. 6.1 was effectively just a Patch 6.0.5. Imagine if the patch 7.3.5 from Legion which added allied races and one questline in Silithus was a separate patch entirely, it wouldn't be regarded well would it?

Regardless as I was saying people still shit talk WoD all the time, the "nostalgia" argument falls entirely. I've yet to see anyone claim that WoD was a good expansion with a lot of content. The people who defend the Garrisons have defended them since the start because they genuinely like the content (to each their own). And there are contents of WoD that are objectively good, like the questing and levelling experience and the raid designs. These things have been praised since Day 1, so nostalgia has nothing to do with it.

WoD still ranks consistently as the worst expansion WoW ever had, and the current expansion is often compared to WoD to see how shit it is. Popular youtubers literally make "WoD was the best expansion ever" as April's Fools joke ffs and you get reported for trolling if you make a thread called "Give us WoD legacy servers".

So it's false that nostalgia makes people forget, people haven't forgotten how shit WoD was. But it also had a lot of great content and that's just a fact.

But it is absolutely insane to try and argue that most people now see WoD as a great expansion, when it's consistently brought up as the worst expansion imaginable and both BfA and Shadowlands are compared to WoD to prove how shit they are

Even lorewise stuff like "Draenor is free!" has become a major meme and a massive stigma on the expansion's legacy. Anyone who claims the story of WoD was good was most likely a shill back when WoD was ongoing, in which case it's not nostalgia, just copium overdose.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2021-10-14 at 03:44 PM.

Release date announcement tonight? Yay, nay?

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    Nay

We still need to see Mage Tower Timewalking be at least somewhat tested.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    I'd say a good indicator would be to see every feature available on the PTR.

Very likely next week or the week after we get feature complete 9.1.5 and then 2 more weeks for release.

https://twitter.com/Shadesogrey/stat...02391637868545
    Associate Narrative Designer has a secret in the 9.1.5 PTR that no one has discovered yet. What could it be?
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2021-10-14 at 05:39 PM.
    "The only thing you got in this world is what you can sell. and the funny thing is that you're a game developer, and you don't know that."
    Death of a System Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post

Very likely next week or the week after we get feature complete 9.1.5 and then 2 more weeks for release.

Associate Narrative Designer has a secret in the 9.1.5 PTR that no one has discovered yet. What could it be?
    There are still supposedly secrets from 9.0 that hasnt been discovered yet. There is a specific item you can make with path of ascension crafting that seemingly has no real use, seemingly begging players to find some secret with.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post

Some Cinematic?
    What could Narrative Designer point to @Marlamin

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    There are still supposedly secrets from 9.0 that hasnt been discovered yet. There is a specific item you can make with path of ascension crafting that seemingly has no real use, seemingly begging players to find some secret with.
    Well no one in their right mind will interact with PoA until the patch drops..
    #1) MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    #2) Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    #3)Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis. #4) The WoW playerbase doesn't deserve housing.

Ah yes, one single narrative designer just sneakily slipped a whole cinematic into the game... /s

Trans Rights are Human Rights // Elune Says Queer Rights!

Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    Well no one in their right mind will interact with PoA until the patch drops..
    Given some players have actually bothered getting the doubt-tinged set I guess there are many that have the item available. It must either be a really brutal secret to solve, or maybe the answer is simply that not enough players have gotten the item and are interested in solving it.

Will be nice once the patch drops and I can finally actually maybe complete that damn feature. After that I think I will move straight onwards to a different covenant to farm stuff. Probably Night Fae.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Imagine if the patch 7.3.5 from Legion which added allied races and one questline in Silithus was a separate patch entirely, it wouldn't be regarded well would it?
    I think it still would have. People were high on WoW after the excitement from Legion & the fun of Argus, though there were some reservations after the announcement of BfA. But even beyond that, 7.3.5 had a decent amount to it.

- 4 allied races, complete with armor & unlock quest chain
    - Silithus quest chain
    - New BG, Seething Shore
    - Completely updated leveling experience with scaling mobs & XP
    - Ulduar Timewalking
    - Purchasable legendary tokens

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    I think it still would have. People were high on WoW after the excitement from Legion & the fun of Argus, though there were some reservations after the announcement of BfA. But even beyond that, 7.3.5 had a decent amount to it.

- 4 allied races, complete with armor & unlock quest chain
    - Silithus quest chain
    - New BG, Seething Shore
    - Completely updated leveling experience with scaling mobs & XP
    - Ulduar Timewalking
    - Purchasable legendary tokens
    Not here. Legion had a lot of whining back in the day. Argus to wasn't well loved either because of its terrain(I'm fine with it but you get my point).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Not here. Legion had a lot of whining back in the day. Argus to wasn't well loved either because of its terrain(I'm fine with it but you get my point).
    So like every other xpac.

And regarding people being high after Legion, I saw plenty of fatigue from millions of AP grinded, overblown Artifact systems, starcraftization of the setting and general grandness of conflict.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

The only notable part was that few were willing to call WoD better during Legion. Other than that, it was the usual "current Expansion bad, previous Expansions good".

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Just by reading this my brain exploded and that's exactly the reason why plots and storylines like this serve no purpose in WoW. Too convoluted, too complex.
    Convoluted? What? Void Titans and the end of existence were set up since 2016, and Azeroth is apparently very important for the cosmos regardless. Her working like this is definitely possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post

And regarding people being high after Legion, I saw plenty of fatigue from millions of AP grinded, overblown Artifact systems, starcraftization of the setting and general grandness of conflict.
    Yeah? Pretty sure that’s his point.

The plot isn't convoluted and complex. Its straightforward.

Well yeah, my point was, people seem to have short memories. Or just high on drugs /shrug
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

Warrior-Magi

It had it's share of whining for sure, especially around flight & Argus. I hated the Legiondary system and how much power was stuck behind RNG. But beyond the complaints, people overall had a much stronger opinion of WoW during & right after Legion than any point since. The green got to be a bit much, but people loved the excitement of actually going to Argus. The end cinematic of Sargeras stabbing Silithus was met with excitement, wondering where that could possibly lead. Most of the Antorus raid bosses were fun & had unique challenges, even if the theme was a bit green & the terrain was a pain.

There were lots of problems in Legion that people don't really bother too much about now.
    Emerald Nightmare was definitely too easy, and the final boss arena was really dull.
    The Nighthold questline was heavily dependent on reputation, so tough luck for anyone that didn't at least do bare minimum stuff like the occasional Nightborne emissary.
    7.2 was a parade of disappointments with the weekly "questline". Possibly the absolute weakest being when Khadgar straight faced asks you to find 10 random chests for no discernible reason.
    Argus was pretty good, though I remember that there was general annoyance at Antoran Wastes' attempt at being "difficult", as well as the dungeon being horribly balanced for M+.

Fel fatigue was definitely a thing I saw with several people though. And why I think the X.2 patches shouldn't just often be a break from the "main" plot, they need to be to make the final patch better.

I wonder if he snuck more Loyalist stuff into 9.1.5. I remember him commenting about it before 9.1 dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    There were lots of problems in Legion that people don't really bother too much about now.
    Emerald Nightmare was definitely too easy, and the final boss arena was really dull.
    The Nighthold questline was heavily dependent on reputation, so tough luck for anyone that didn't at least do bare minimum stuff like the occasional Nightborne emissary.
    7.2 was a parade of disappointments with the weekly "questline". Possibly the absolute weakest being when Khadgar straight faced asks you to find 10 random chests for no discernible reason.
    Argus was pretty good, though I remember that there was general annoyance at Antoran Wastes' attempt at being "difficult", as well as the dungeon being horribly balanced for M+.

Fel fatigue was definitely a thing I saw with several people though. And why I think the X.2 patches shouldn't just often be a break from the "main" plot, they need to be to make the final patch better.
    In Legion, the future looked bright for WoW, especially given how much of an improvement it was over WoD and the amount of communication coming from Blizzard - people were more willing to forgive the devs for these "transgressions". Can we say the same now, given the state of SL and the bad taste of BFA?