Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    I legit hear mf's say worse shit to their FRIENDS in a MW2 lobby

- - - Updated - - -

"Maybe; but Korthia's design seems like more thought went into it."

lol the fuck?
    Damn, you really used the "You millennials wouldn't even survive 5 minutes in a MW2 lobby >(((" unironically, huh?

You do bigoted shit, you deal with the consequences, simple as that. You are reacting like quite the snowflake.

"Maybe; but Korthia's design seems like more thought went into it."

lol the fuck?
    Is that how you always respond to being disagreed with? Because that's the second time you've said "the fuck?" in response to me disagreeing with you; just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Only problems with Korthia are bland environment (don't have nice spots like Mac'A.. I mean Eredath) and no flying (which was Argus problem as well).
    Eredath is pretty enough, but I didn't love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    You do bigoted shit, you deal with the consequences, simple as that. You are reacting like quite the snowflake.
    Oh, shit; I got into it with yet another example of that mindset, didn't I? Now, I need a facepalm emoji; and the board doesn't support those.
    Last edited by Dacia Ultan; 2021-10-17 at 08:45 AM.

Well duh? From design perspective Korthia eats Argus on breakfast. Especially gearing feel soo good, even RNG token for 200 gear is offset by drop from specific rares + quests. Collecting game is like 10x bigger than Argus and more varied. Story is longer (that's about 9.1 in general). On fresh alt you can skip to Korthia with one button, Argus required you to do ~50% of story to open invasions on EVERY character. People often complain about small zones, but it creates compacted environment where every important thing is close to each other.

Only problems with Korthia are bland environment (don't have nice spots like Mac'A.. I mean Eredath) and no flying (which was Argus problem as well).
    Korthia is honestly one of the better patch zones, and I don't even mind not flying so much, because it is small enough where you can pretty much reach the the bottom (without the mount) in like a minute. It's compact, lots of content and goodish rewards (Stuff that affects other zones like the rep tokens for rares and WQs is a great system and I wish they would do stuff like that more often).

The main problem with the content isn't that it's necessarilly all that poor. All the bitching about Torghast for example even before the changes was laughable in the faces of multiple patch-long entirely RNG dependant leggo grinds in Legion up until the very end. It's the combination of a glacial release schedule and the fact that these problems are now iterative, notwithstanding the lawsuits. Even if the game is 'better' in the abstract sense, the problems with it have been problems for years now and they stand out all the more.

Also, while Korthia is better than the Broken Shore, Mechagon + Nazjatar blow it out of the water. It also badly lags behind Argus' spectacle.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    The main problem with the content isn't that it's necessarilly all that poor. All the bitching about Torghast for example even before the changes was laughable in the faces of multiple patch-long entirely RNG dependant leggo grinds in Legion up until the very end. It's the combination of a glacial release schedule and the fact that these problems are now iterative, notwithstanding the lawsuits. Even if the game is 'better' in the abstract sense, the problems with it have been problems for years now and they stand out all the more.

Also, while Korthia is better than the Broken Shore, Mechagon + Nazjatar blow it out of the water. It also badly lags behind Argus' spectacle.
    The current content will always seem "terrible" because we are bored of it now. You don't have to think about how bored you were in 7.2 when you had already completed the Mage Tower challenges and you had nothingto do but look at Argus in the sky and wait. But once that is over you can freely look back at the good stuff without the baggage of being bored of it.
    This problem is massively amplified by droughts. And if there is one constant with Shadowlands it is that the lack of content is a severe problem.

All the problems of Shadowlands become amplified by the drought. Bad or boring systems stay for far longer than their shelf-life. Story becomes even more boring as the usual slog through predictable turns becomes ruly glacial as the nuggets of quality get further and further apart. Even general fatigue of the expansion and theme as a whole is more problematic than usual when we are currently in what is supposed to be the most exciting hype period for the next expansion, and we are still in 9.1, not even sure what 9.2 will be or even if that will be the final patch or not.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Damn, you really used the "You millennials wouldn't even survive 5 minutes in a MW2 lobby >(((" unironically, huh?

You seem more upset than me. I simply think this choice is dumb, and makes no sense. Also, never mentioned millennials, bud. Don't project. No reason why mf's should be upset over a guys past, joking thoughts over a faction and its playerbase. He said shit lots of people say regardless. It's such dumb logic.

- - - Updated - - -

Well duh? From design perspective Korthia eats Argus on breakfast. Especially gearing feel soo good, even RNG token for 200 gear is offset by drop from specific rares + quests. Collecting game is like 10x bigger than Argus and more varied. Story is longer (that's about 9.1 in general). On fresh alt you can skip to Korthia with one button, Argus required you to do ~50% of story to open invasions on EVERY character. People often complain about small zones, but it creates compacted environment where every important thing is close to each other.

Yeah, DESIGN wise, sure. I like Korthia much more than Mac'aree in that regard. That's not our debate though.

"Only problems with Korthia are bland environment (don't have nice spots like Mac'A.. I mean Eredath)" That's literally what we're talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dacia Ultan View Post
    Is that how you always respond to being disagreed with? Because that's the second time you've said "the fuck?" in response to me disagreeing with you; just sayin'.

Eredath is pretty enough, but I didn't love it.

Oh, shit; I got into it with yet another example of that mindset, didn't I? Now, I need a facepalm emoji; and the board doesn't support those.
    Do you have a problem with my disagreements? Explain to me why you think Korthia looks better than Eredath. Please. Cause the zone's a forest, with the same Maw skybox as before, and its "City of secrets" is barely a ruined vault at best. Besides, if you want me to elaborate, ask. Don't be condescending about it, please.

- - - Updated - - -

If you want to be dishonest, please do it right. Hell, I didn't even know you existed till now, so don't act like you know me.
    Last edited by TheFirstOnes; 2021-10-17 at 10:50 AM.

You seem more upset than me. I simply think this choice is dumb, and makes no sense. Also, never mentioned millennials, bud. Don't project. No reason why mf's should be upset over a guys past, joking thoughts over a faction and its playerbase. He said shit lots of people say regardless. It's such dumb logic.
    And people who spout shit like that shouldn't be given a platform, and shouldn't be immortalized in a video game.

There's is a difference between "joking thoughts over a faction" and this. If you honestly think that an individual like that should be highlighted in WoW, then sorry, but you might be a Gamer™

And people who spout shit like that shouldn't be given a platform, and shouldn't be immortalized in a video game.

There's is a difference between "joking thoughts over a faction" and this. If you honestly think that an individual like that should be highlighted in WoW, then sorry, but you might be a Gamer™
    I am a gamer, that's why we play games lol. Unless there is something I'm missing, of course. But no one is saying they should be "highlighted", but you have to be reminded that this was his introduction for a Horde Rock Band, when everyone was on that "Faction bias" fun. So, once again, don't see your argument here. Also, yeah him calling Silvermoon "queer looking" is kinda weird, though lots of Horde mf's were saying that same shit back in the day also. Hell, they still do.

I am a gamer, that's why we play games lol. Unless there is something I'm missing, of course. But no one is saying they should be "highlighted", but you have to be reminded that this was his introduction for a Horde Rock Band, when everyone was on that "Faction bias" fun. So, once again, don't see your argument here. Also, yeah him calling Silvermoon "queer looking" is kinda weird, though lots of Horde mf's were saying that same shit back in the day also. Hell, they still do.
    You don't see a problem with calling Alliance players "faggots" and "homos", huh?

Do you honestly think he's being homophobic when he says that? Or do you think he's simply mocking the Alliance and being a little too prideful of his faction?

- - - Updated - - -

I think the best comment regarding this was something I found on YouTube:

"Someone's trying WAY too hard to seem hard and metal." Dude's trying way too hard to sound hard, metal, and badass, and it simply comes across as sad and degenerate.

Do you honestly think he's being homophobic when he says that? Or do you think he's simply mocking the Alliance and being a little too prideful of his faction?

- - - Updated - - -

I think the best comment regarding this was something I found on YouTube:

"Someone's trying WAY too hard to seem hard and metal." Dude's trying way too hard to sound hard, metal, and badass, and it simply comes across as sad and degenerate.
    Just like people aren't ACTUALLY racist when they say the N word, and just like people aren't ACTUALLY misogynistic when they make derogatory towards women, right? Even then, it doesn't make it okay in any way, and once again, actions have consequences.

Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar. Anyway, I am done here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yikes that corpsegrinder dude....

*Facepalm through the multiverse*
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Do you honestly think he's being homophobic when he says that?
    Yes, i'm absolutely sure that a person throwing homophobic slurs at other people is, in fact, homophobic.
    Jesus fucking christ people.

Formerly known as Arafal

Well this page of the thread has taken a nasty left turn...

On to more salient matters. Any bets on a release date announcement for anything WoW SL related this week?
    I am absolutely starving for content, and I need something to stave off boredom while I wait.

7+ Year Old Account
    Afaik the mage tower is not on the PTR yet, right?
    Other than that, i don't think there is anything big left to test unless they add something last minute.

Release is most likely gonna fall on Nov. 2nd.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Other than that, i don't think there is anything big left to test unless they add something last minute.

It will certainly be interesting to see how Timewalking gets tuned. It was always horribly tuned between each class already, and some classes have changed quite a bit since then.
    I guess Blizzard could lean back on the fact that the cosmetic reward only requires a single spec to get through the challenge, but still.

I cannot remember if I have heard anything on whether Legiondaries and such will be useable in the Mage Tower though. I know they mentioned M+ Timewalking would function differently, but I am not sure whether they also meant to include the Mage Tower challenge in that.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account

Last week of November livestream? Cutting it close, here. Really do not want to continue to stew over 9.2 and expansion ending limbo over the holidays.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Definitely not. Dragon Isles can give us lots of cool Dragon stuff, especially with the Chromatic and Infinite Flights, which could also lead into some potential void plot lines aswell.

- - - Updated - - -

Argus was not half assed. The fuck did you expect the Legion homeworld to be?

- - - Updated - - -

In my theory, I have K’aresh as 10.3

- - - Updated - - -

How I see things:

10.0 prepatch: Siege of SW Pre-Patch event with world revamp.

10.0: Dragon Isles, and plotlines on Azeroth with the Scarlet Crusade, Turalyon, Lothraxion, and Yrel. First raid is in the Dragon Isles with the Infinite and Chromatic Flight, leading into an awakened Chromatus (whose heads have been twisted by the Void, or the Infinites) as the final boss. The second raid is on AU Draenor, either on Shattrath or Farahlon, with Yrel, Lothraxion, and Prime Naaru A’dal as bosses.

Mini raid is within the Seat of the Pantheon/Realm of Order, where we battle Sargeras, but he is weakened enough for us to defeat him. We also fight some judge mf’s, cause realm of order be like a court or some shit.

If you’re wondering, I think 10.1 should be Farahlon.

10.2 gives us the Realm of Light (maybe not as a zone tho?), some Void Plots, a new raid with space pirates and Void beings, and us getting a Pantheon of Disorder.

10.3: K’aresh zone with the last raid being us against the Void Lords, with corrupted Azeroth being either the last boss or the boss before the last one.

- - - Updated - - -

As for dungeons: idfk something I guess

I do see the Undermine being the next Megadungeon however
    For me this is much too condensed. We need a good topic for future expansions after all.

Suggestion:

10.0: Comeback to a changed world with revamp of Northern Kalimdor plus Lordaeron. Seamles integration of Draeinei and Blood Elven territory, etc. Rebuilding of the new Capitals for Night Elves and Forsaken in focus, but main action is around the Dragon Islands. Groundwork for new lore, rebuiliding for factions, races, etc, hints of big bads. Races like Ogres and Fulborgs. Dragonsworn Class. Etc.

10.1: Evil Dragonflight make their moves. A zone gets infested with Void(Twilight Dragonflight). Another has its timeline broken(Infinite Dragonflight).

10.2: Odyn, always wary of the Dragon Flights, makes his move, returning to Ulduar to take controle over Azeroth. Armies of Titanforged, Val'kyr and more threaten all who oppose, as he tries to reach a special Titan facility surrounded by a new zone.

10.3: Galak'rond is awakened and we battle him and his forces around the final zone and in the last zone.

10.3.5: Yrel's forces arrive to promise us help against the other cosmic forces. At first the Alliance welcomes them openly despite the Horde's warnings, but then ...

11:0-11.3: We follow Yrel's forces to the planet of K'aresh, trying to stop them, as they plan to shift the balance of the cosmic forces in favor of the light. We meet Xal'atath again, who offers to help us in our struggle. Meet exotic places. Maybe visit a place re-/de-formed by the Light. Maybe return to AU Draenor to save survivors/attack their base ... A special feature could be Light or Void customisations for all races.

12:0-12:3: We go to Kezan, where the Goblin Cartels fight amongst themselves for new tech from K'aresh, trade opportunities with the Etherals, etc. A giant underground zone, a new neutral hub as Undermine, Troll Ruins, Old God Temples ... Tinkers would be the new class.

There is a lot of lore Blizz could use and even proberly connect with cosmic stuff.

Yes, i'm absolutely sure that a person throwing homophobic slurs at other people is, in fact, homophobic.
    At best, it would mean that he's entirely okay with using people's existence as an insult, and didn't really consider the optics. (No, being in an edgeling bans doesn't justify it.) And then, there's the suicide-baiting.

Anyhow: if one is a fan of the band, that's one thing. But I've said my piece on people making a federal case over the removed lines and name changes; to frame it as somehow a "political statement" in a way that the presence of the lines, etc. were somehow not is to miss the point and hold a double standard.
    Last edited by Dacia Ultan; 2021-10-17 at 04:31 PM.

Wasn't it supposed to go on the PTR this week? I remember a bluepost saying it would come up soon (and that was on Monday or Tuesday last week).

With Mage Tower not even being on PTR yet the release is going to slip into November for sure.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again