Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Faction war was literally the entire trailer, sales pitch, pre-patch, opening questline, reason to go to Kul Tiras/Zandalar, large chunks of the levelling, as well as the entire endgame questline and entirety of the 8.1 patch.
    It was hardly just a side-thing.

And again, even if it wasnt, then why spend the entire time on that plotline if it wasnt going to go anywhere? It was given primetime story real estate. It didnt just get a first for full trailer quality CGI cutscenes for its story, but a full 3 of them. It wasnt just a side-thing like the pillars of creation in Legion, it was touted as the entire reason the expansion was ongoing. Magni literally pulls us aside in-between faction war stuff to just hand us a necklace while we do the actual storyline of faction war.

And then 7.2.5 rolls around and that storyline just ends. It almost replays teh Siege of Orgrimmar plotline, along with fully rendered cinematics, 2 of them in fact, one using in-game models, and one trailer quality CGI, this in addition to several in-game cutscenes.

Why did Blizzard give the story all this time and effort if they are just going to swap over to N'zoth afterwards? And why in the world did they not even bother linking the entire inciting incident of Teldrassil to the final raid beyond the most token of justifications?

If BfA is faction war like the trailers, opening and large chunks of the plot tells you, then why does it end with N'zoth apropos of nothing.
    If it is old god based, then why does it spend all this time on a subplot while the suppoed "main" plot ends up desperately starved for buildup?

We could have had a really kickass Old God storyline all along, one where we go to Zandalar and Kul Tiras for entirely different reasons while endgame questlines deal with the rise of N'zoth cultists or Aqir. The story could have taken us on an odyssey of discovery to all the different Old God infested areas like Ulduar or the depths of Orgrimmar. 8.1 could have been a revamped Ahn'qiraj, it's literally right next to Magni's camp in Silithus and this area is never even brought up despite the expansion supposedly being about Old Gods all along.

Either the expansion was Old God based and it wasted most of its buildup on absolutely pointless busywork that didnt move the story much forward. Or it was faction War based and the ending is the most pathetic copout the game has seen. We could have had Sylvanas storm the ports of Stormwind and ressurect the graveyard, we could have had her take Silvermoon in a dark mirror of Arthas' attack. Hell, we could have had a raid on Teldrassil, bringing the entire expansion full circle as the entire reason the war began is now the reason the war will end.

We could have had lots of stuff, but instead we got BfA. The expansion of two entirely different halves.
    Yeah, advertisement kinda fucked BFA up. Also, Blizzard's been wasting their fucking breath saying "BFA IS NOT AN OLD GOD EXPANSION" despite the fact Azshara was a confirmed Raid Boss since the first What's Next Panel after BFA's ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I think everyone here should realize this...

People can argue WoW has no soul anymore, and I'd agree in a way. But in terms of Art and Music, the soul still exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiercelord View Post

I am certain Turalyon won't be evil and I wonder why are people saying that.
    Probably because one of Il'gynoth's whispers stating "The Golden one claims a vacant throne. The crown of light will only bring darkness." Though, it's not certain who the whisper is actually talking about. It could even be Calia Menethil.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiercelord View Post

Back to the topic, I don't know which zones would play for this expansion, but maybe revamped EK and Kalimdor again. We've been teased with the return of Scarlet Crusade and I love it. I almost forgot about that in 8.3.
    Team Dark Rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Sure, but that would make entire thing a waste of resources, because you can bet your ass everybody and their moms would pick skip option over any type of mini-game. This is not the way, and honestly I don't know how to improve them beyond quest chains they did in Legion. I don't really think profs should be even focused much, when we got much more important issues to deal with.
    I was one of the ones that only ever did the Legion profession questlines months and months after, or if I was ever bored enough to even bother with them. Bfas I never did at all. I liked how professions were before that time, from wrath, cata, mop and wod. I actually cared about crafting back then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Yeah, the former prized jewel of the Eredar would TOTALLY be fucked, sure. No. Why would Kil'Jaeden want that? He's fucked for joining the Legion, but even he wants to keep history around. Hell, he also likely kept the city like that cause it reminded him of his former self, as well as Velen.

Also, it's not at all recycled content. It's 3 whole new zones, with different "invasion points" to other worlds, alongside one of WoW's biggest Raids in history. Definitely not half assed whatsoever. Wanna see half assed? Look at 8.3.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.wowhead.com/news/george-...updates-324531

I'm fucking mad over this.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh no...he said some shit about the Alliance a couple years ago...AND???

EVERYONE'S DONE THAT! IT'S A GAME ABOUT HORDE VS ALLIANCE!!! I EXPECT PEOPLE TO SHIT TALK THE OTHER FACTION! ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU'RE A PART OF A DAMN HORDE ROCKBAND!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I don't wanna hear the whole "But what he said was bad" shit, cause not only was that ages ago, but the fact people are removing the shit referencing him NOW is kinda desperate.
    As noted the world (at least North America For starters) seems to be becoming more and more degenerate. Especially with cancel-culture esque ideals (there are a few things that I can understand it for but for 99.99% it's pretty toxic and not needed). People bringing shit up from years and years ago is laughable as well. A lot of people nowadays (at least in my personal experience) play victim to a plethora of things and a lot do it for any gain whether it's financial or for publicity. Honestly, suck it up buttercup, everyone in the world goes through thing's within their life, whether it's prejudice via x/y reason, mental health issues, trauma from an accident/abuse, bullying, the lists are not specifically oriented to one type of individual. It's absolutely garbage how the mentalities of people are nowadays.

Yeah, advertisement kinda fucked BFA up. Also, Blizzard's been wasting their fucking breath saying "BFA IS NOT AN OLD GOD EXPANSION" despite the fact Azshara was a confirmed Raid Boss since the first What's Next Panel after BFA's ANNOUNCEMENT!!!
    Ah, yes. The thing that literally no Blizzard employee ever said at any point, but which people constantly meme because Taliesin and Evitel said it a whole bunch of times.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Damn, you really used the "You millennials wouldn't even survive 5 minutes in a MW2 lobby >(((" unironically, huh?

You do bigoted shit, you deal with the consequences, simple as that. You are reacting like quite the snowflake.
    Ironically the "snowflake"would be someone having an issue with what was said and wanting it to be removed. Especially, if it is from something years and years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Ah, yes. The thing that literally no Blizzard employee ever said at any point, but which people constantly meme because Taliesin and Evitel said it a whole bunch of times.
    Except they did. Or at least Ion said that

wait, what, i was coming here to see if anyone was talking about new leaks, cause si saw people saying that on facebook and i discover they remove George the corpsegrinder? are they fucking insane? i knew those bullshit changes were going too far at some point.

dude has a Horde tattoo, he is a well know vocalist of a big band and sing in blizzcon, no other people deserve more a reference than him

Quote Originally Posted by The Banshee View Post
    Probably because one of Il'gynoth's whispers stating "The Golden one claims a vacant throne. The crown of light will only bring darkness." Though, it's not certain who the whisper is actually talking about. It could even be Calia Menethil.
    For some reason after those two my mind goes to the light touched dreadlord dude from one of the class order halls ( I can not remember if it is paladin or priest) might be paladin iirc lol.

Except they did. Or at least Ion said that
    Please post him saying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    wait, what, i was coming here to see if anyone was talking about new leaks, cause si saw people saying that on facebook and i discover they remove George the corpsegrinder? are they fucking insane? i knew those bullshit changes were going too far at some point.

dude has a Horde tattoo, he is a well know vocalist of a big band and sing in blizzcon, no other people deserve more a reference than him
    But he said mean things about Alliance players, so he must be cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    But he said mean things about Alliance players, so he must be cancelled.
    He got cancelled for being a homophobic shitbag.

Much as the whole "cancelled" thing has any validity.

And "mean things about Alliance players" would be, say, "only boring assholes play humans and all that Tolkien knockoff bullshit." Not comparing being gay to running around ganking on your gnome rogue, much less suicide-baiting.
    Last edited by Dacia Ultan; 2021-10-18 at 07:38 AM.

Please post him saying it.
    Seems I have been mistaken, my bad lmao.

- - - Updated - - -

I’d be fine with the cancelling thing tbh, had they not made pointless changes to other things in the game.

This ^^^
    #tencharacters

Quote Originally Posted by SerratedEdge252 View Post
    As noted the world (at least North America For starters) seems to be becoming more and more degenerate. Especially with cancel-culture esque ideals (there are a few things that I can understand it for but for 99.99% it's pretty toxic and not needed). People bringing shit up from years and years ago is laughable as well. A lot of people nowadays (at least in my personal experience) play victim to a plethora of things and a lot do it for any gain whether it's financial or for publicity. Honestly, suck it up buttercup, everyone in the world goes through thing's within their life, whether it's prejudice via x/y reason, mental health issues, trauma from an accident/abuse, bullying, the lists are not specifically oriented to one type of individual. It's absolutely garbage how the mentalities of people are nowadays.
    The worst part is that they don't actually deal with the issues. They just pretend they didn't happen and put a blanket over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    First they gotta make professions relevant before they do anything ambitious with them. Bring back Crafted gear being pre-Raid BiS.
    If they want crafted gear to be BiS at some point, they will have to face several constraints, the biggest one being that patterns should be BoP, as well as the required rare mats. Otherwise, you could buy both patterns and mats from the AH via RMT tokens, and the game would be even closer to P2W than it already is.
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    It's not really retconning though. There's plenty we didn't know from WC3 - a story which is just about 20 years old. The Jailer is the backbone of that story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    It's interesting how a character that didn't exist back then could be the backbone of the story. Guess that story must have been an invertebrate then.

Quote Originally Posted by SerratedEdge252 View Post
    Ironically the "snowflake"would be someone having an issue with what was said and wanting it to be removed. Especially, if it is from something years and years ago.
    No, funnily enough, the snowflakes are the ones bitching about the Devs deciding to remove references and jokes that are ranging between just being very low brow humour, and outright misogynistic, transphobic and homophobic views.

I mean, the amount of people on this forum who are like "Add this joke back or I will stop playing" kind of shows who the snowflakes are.

The guy who I originally responded to LITERALLY said "Oh I am so fucking mad".

I think I'd be far more surprised if 9.1.5 isn't released on Nov. 16th.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    If they want crafted gear to be BiS at some point, they will have to face several constraints, the biggest one being that patterns should be BoP, as well as the required rare mats. Otherwise, you could buy both patterns and mats from the AH via RMT tokens, and the game would be even closer to P2W than it already is.
    Past BiS craft gear has required BoP materials from raids. I suppose next iteration could also give them from high enough Keystones or the weekly Vault.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Past BiS craft gear has required BoP materials from raids. I suppose next iteration could also give them from high enough Keystones or the weekly Vault.
    The game always seemed like it was at least slightly better if it always had a reason to visit the older raids in an expansion. Legion was the best at this, though for wrong reasons. Even with that though I remember it was quite nice to always feel like you could unwind by doing some old raids and still feel like you got something out of it.
    Shadowlands does have something similar with the large amounts of Azerite up for grabs each week, but compared to older expansions that gave you reasons to return, either for Legiondaries, BoE recipe materials, or even resources needed for alt catchup with Legendary questlines.

Crafting materials from disenchanting gear was a nice thing I felt, even if it would probably be better if it was a separate drop item you could get if you ran enough raids of M+.
    The world revamp dream will never die!