Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I understand removing covenant signature spells from Mage Tower (Venthyr teleport), but normal ones, legos and soulbinds? C'mon.

Best thing about Legion MT was that it gave reason to do whole progression path on alts. It would be perfect for now, since casual progression is better in SL (at least in 9.1), we have time for alts, but not many reason to play them. Hopefully at least gear will matter.
    Well they try to design the TW Magetower to be evergreen content that can be done in any future expansion, which is why they won't allow any borrowed power there. Which is also hilarious since so much of their current dev time is focused on borrowed power systems and that's unlikely to change.

I really like how Nobbel here utilizes the Chronicle's origin of the Cosmos, and then utilizes the Shadowlands' PoV alongside it, implying the Big Bang and the Cosmic Forces were but the foundation laid by the First Ones, with everything else being made ontop of it, like a plant.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Well they try to design the TW Magetower to be evergreen content that can be done in any future expansion, which is why they won't allow any borrowed power there. Which is also hilarious since so much of their current dev time is focused on borrowed power systems and that's unlikely to change.
    Borrowed power itself don't waste any time for tuning. Legion had it and 7.1.5 was one of best tuned patches without sacrificing any time. Choices in borrowed power do that, especially during Beta. In SL they wasted ton of time for 50 iterations of soulbinds (I'm not sure I'm even exaggerating here) to not repeat situation from BfA launch, in the end people instantly picked BiS covenant/soulbind/conduit anyway.

And MT will require retuning every expac anyway, unless they go all the way and we will have reduced level/items like in TW dungeons. Anyone tested Legion M+? I wonder how it looks like there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Borrowed power itself don't waste any time for tuning. Legion had it and 7.1.5 was one of best tuned patches without sacrificing any time. Choices in borrowed power do that, especially during Beta. In SL they wasted ton of time for 50 iterations of soulbinds (I'm not sure I'm even exaggerating here) to not repeat situation from BfA launch, in the end people instantly picked BiS covenant/soulbind/conduit anyway.

And MT will require retuning every expac anyway, unless they go all the way and we will have reduced level/items like in TW dungeons. Anyone tested Legion M+? I wonder how it looks like there.
    Legion M+ scales dungeons up to SL levels. Regular Timewalking scales you down to Legion levels. We don't know which one MT is yet, but I'd wager it is the latter so they don't need to rebalance it in every expansion for the new level cap and borrowed power system.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Maybe that finally gave them the hint they needed: the players in general neither want nor need borrowed powers. What we need is character progression that is kept and build upon and that doesn’t get removed or reset after an expansion has finished.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

I’ve got a bad feeling about 10.0. 9.0 feels very low quality and cheaply made compared to 8.0. With all of that’s happened in the past (almost) 2 years it is extremely hard to feel hopeful about 10.0. I believe Blizzard should take an extra year on 10.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Maybe that finally gave them the hint they needed: the players in general neither want nor need borrowed powers. What we need is character progression that is kept and build upon and that doesn’t get removed or reset after an expansion has finished.
    I fully agree with you about the borrowed power; some form of character progression you can build upon between expacs is sorely needed right now (something easy to balance, change and even reset if needed), the borrowed macguffin cliche is becoming a little bit stale.

Timewalking Mage Tower is certainly going to be interesting, that's for sure. Those challenges were janky at the best of times, and many seemed dependant on legiondary combos that might no longer exist.
    I for for sure that whatever Legiondaries existed for MM for instance is almost all reduced to simple increase damage by X% ones, so seeing how this challenge ends up panning out will be something.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    I really like how Nobbel here utilizes the Chronicle's origin of the Cosmos, and then utilizes the Shadowlands' PoV alongside it, implying the Big Bang and the Cosmic Forces were but the foundation laid by the First Ones, with everything else being made ontop of it, like a plant.
    I'm genuinely happy for you in that you seem to be the sole person that the current story was designed to interest. It gives me hope that my extremely specific interests will some day have an entire expansion dedicated to them, regardless of however many others would be completely turned off.

Quote Originally Posted by NikolaiShade View Post
    I fully agree with you about the borrowed power; some form of character progression you can build upon between expacs is sorely needed right now (something easy to balance, change and even reset if needed), the borrowed macguffin cliche is becoming a little bit stale.
    You are describing borrowed power.

Quote Originally Posted by Azxza View Post
    I’ve got a bad feeling about 10.0. 9.0 feels very low quality and cheaply made compared to 8.0. With all of that’s happened in the past (almost) 2 years it is extremely hard to feel hopeful about 10.0. I believe Blizzard should take an extra year on 10.0.
    What are you even talking? Shadowlands was already better than BfA with 9.0 lol. And 9.1.5. fixes most if not all of the problems the expansion had. The only big issue is the content drought - and you want another year without anything new ontop? Wow .... looks like you never played through ICC/SoO/HFC, because no one who did wants that again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    You are describing borrowed power.
    Yes and no, what I meant was something of a middle ground, something you retain after an expac, if not fully at least partially.
    To clarify, taking the artifact weapons as an example, at the end of Legion instead of just deprecating them, a part of their skills become player skills in a new system (like a paragon tree)

Quote Originally Posted by NikolaiShade View Post
    Yes and no, what I meant was something of a middle ground, something you retain after an expac, if not fully at least partially.
    To clarify, taking the artifact weapons as an example, at the end of Legion instead of just deprecating them, a part of their skills become player skills in a new system (like a paragon tree)
    Well the problem is that you have to deal with the abilities somehow. If you keep them all then you are either asking players to go back to old content for current power, or just baking them in rendering the entire process of keeping them meaningless.
    If you go for the latter option then you further might end up with the problem we had in MoP where all classes could do close to everything, and classes were extremely homogenous simply because the developers had given them something they didn't have previously over too long a time.

The system we have now, where whatever system either works only in the given expansions zones and content, or previously where it was somehow removed at the end of the expansion does work much better in the long term sadly.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Embrace maintenance mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    Embrace maintenance mode.
    Hush, that's only conspiracy nut talk.
    "The only thing you got in this world is what you can sell. and the funny thing is that you're a game developer, and you don't know that."
    Death of a System Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    Hush, that's only conspiracy nut talk.
    Of course it is.

Or is it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    What are you even talking? Shadowlands was already better than BfA with 9.0 lol. And 9.1.5. fixes most if not all of the problems the expansion had. The only big issue is the content drought - and you want another year without anything new ontop? Wow .... looks like you never played through ICC/SoO/HFC, because no one who did wants that again.
    SL is the expansion that’s so bad that it caused an exodus to another MMO, FFXIV.

Quote Originally Posted by Azxza View Post
    SL is the expansion that’s so bad that it caused an exodus to another MMO, FFXIV.
    Yeah streamers are going off to XIV, So what. All you said is "GAME BAD"
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

Warrior-Magi

Stood in the Fire
    So when 9.2 comes out, or even what CONTENT will be part of it, we got zero clue... I know FFXIV massive xpack End Walker will be released on November 23, 2021, and its first mayor patch will be out sometime in February with the start of a brand new story and huge new features like Island Sanctuary.

Yet I still have no clue when 9.2 will be released or 9.1.5 for that matter...

Quote Originally Posted by |Dexter| View Post
    So when 9.2 comes out, or even what CONTENT will be part of it, we got zero clue... I know FFXIV massive xpack End Walker will be released on November 23, 2021, and its first mayor patch will be out sometime in February with the start of a brand new story and huge new features like Island Sanctuary.

Yet I still have no clue when 9.2 will be released or 9.1.5 for that matter...

9.2 is a 2022 release for very obvious reasons. that 9.1.5 patch may come sometime this year, no idea when though.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2021-10-20 at 05:28 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

Warrior-Magi