Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    They moved the Timewalking event from immediately on launch to Early December. Probably a wise choice.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Playing without SL stuff like Legendaries and covenant abilities feels like absolute ass, ngl

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Yeah what if it is the Kultirancloth.jpg or mawdevtower of this expansion!
    I mean that sounds very weird for something next expansion.

At worst it’s like the unused warfront map in BfA we mistook for something, at best it hints at 9.2 wrapping up in ICC.

Just think about it: maybe we’re going to relive the WotLK events from Arthas side and see it through his eyes. That’s basically his story arc in 9.2 before he helps us in defeating the Jailer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Playing without SL stuff like Legendaries and covenant abilities feels like absolute ass, ngl
    It feels like you‘re going to feel the moment the pre-patch for 10.0 hits.

It was incredibly bad after Legion during prepatch and it was the same after BfA. That’s just the worst side of borrowed power, the moment you lose everything and it takes months until yet get something in exchange.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I mean that sounds very weird for something next expansion.

At worst it’s like the unused warfront map in BfA we mistook for something, at best it hints at 9.2 wrapping up in ICC.

Just think about it: maybe we’re going to relive the WotLK events from Arthas side and see it through his eyes. That’s basically his story arc in 9.2 before he helps us in defeating the Jailer.

- - - Updated - - -

It feels like you‘re going to feel the moment the pre-patch for 10.0 hits.

It was incredibly bad after Legion during prepatch and it was the same after BfA. That’s just the worst side of borrowed power, the moment you lose everything and it takes months until yet get something in exchange.
    Legion was probably the worst, true, but not even BFA felt quite as bad.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    They moved the Timewalking event from immediately on launch to Early December. Probably a wise choice.
    That's their official word or you just get info from PTR again? They said first time it will be special 2 week event, not part of rotation. And many stuff from calendar seems to be automated, so it will show completely different schedule on live client.

7+ Year Old Account
    And I am just sitting here, wondering how 9.2 raid is gonna feel with Dom Shards inactive.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I'm so burnt out on this particular brand of wisdom.

Maybe they’ll keep timewalking testing on the PTR for some more weeks and just release the rest of 9.1.5?

Yeah they should just release the rest of 9.1.5, you don't need months of testing for blonde hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    And I am just sitting here, wondering how 9.2 raid is gonna feel with Dom Shards inactive.
    Are you really gonna notice that much of a difference? Can't say I'd put it on the same level as when Corruptions stopped working and you went from feeling like an OP god to a newly dinged character.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Are you really gonna notice that much of a difference? Can't say I'd put it on the same level as when Corruptions stopped working and you went from feeling like an OP god to a newly dinged character.
    I'm just so tired of putting in the effort to lean a system that is discarded in a matter of months. There are times when I don't even have the opportunity to log in for months!

Aren't you fairly optimistic thinking Domination Shards are getting removed? At best they take them as basis for the 9.2 system or just build upon them, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    I'm just so tired of putting in the effort to lean a system that is discarded in a matter of months. There are times when I don't even have the opportunity to log in for months!
    I kinda agree though I suppose someone would make the argument this was always the case with tier-sets instead of borrowed power. Even though some of the systems have been fun, I do think the fact they have systems at all is an indication something more fundamental might be broken. Make the classes great and fun to play and you don't need systems!

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    Corruptions were one thing, simply because it really did just give you stats, so things like my MM hunter that was fully decked out in gear that made him a god suddenly being nerfed to put him back to boring old standard stats were definitely aggravating, especially when the solution seemed to be there solely to counteract Blizzard for some reason deciding to make Corruption bonuses percentage based instead of flat stats.

Borrowed power like Artifacts and Azerite gear I didnt mind so much, mostly because you tend to get a fully updated character to go along with it. Sometimes you definitely get weaker like we were going into SL because some crucial abilities were made into new abilities to gain while levelling, but usually whatever crucial element was given is given back, or alternatively the class changes so much that the very idea that you need old borrowed power is moot.
    Again, MM hunter going from Legion to BfA I barely even registered being weaker in any way, the spec had changed so much that there wasnt really any point in missing specific abilities.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Aren't you fairly optimistic thinking Domination Shards are getting removed? At best they take them as basis for the 9.2 system or just build upon them, lol.
    Knowing Blizz's usual system of nonsense they'll remove Domination Shards and add in some super convoluted new system that itself will be removed and replaced with an even more convoluted and nonsensical system that's actually an early alpha test of a major feature for 10.0.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Not much love lost for shards of dominations I dunno what they were trying to accomplish but I'm not exactly shedding tears that its gone.

They are ignoring the fact that the tail end of Shadowlands development happened in a WFH environment/Covid and well the lawsuit did stop development of wow for a few days to and such. MoP's 5.4 didn't have to deal with that. People don't want to hear that covid affects game dev but it does, accept it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Yes, we need to keep ourself reminded that due to Covid and drama this is the slowest content release ever. Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Not much love lost for shards of dominations I dunno what they were trying to accomplish but I'm not exactly shedding tears that its gone.
    To create a secondary gearing process. We had them pretty much each patch since Legion: Concordance, that Relic talent trees, Essences, Corruption etc. Seems this is the way for Blizz to keep players engaged, but it overstays it's welcome. And since Shards are similar to sets, maybe they are testing something?
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-10-21 at 07:46 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Obvious answer is that they were trying to make a variation of Tier Sets without so many inherent issues prevalent in the old raid tier set system.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

They are ignoring the fact that the tail end of Shadowlands development happened in a WFH environment/Covid and well the lawsuit did stop development of wow for a few days to and such. MoP's 5.4 didn't have to deal with that. People don't want to hear that covid affects game dev but it does, accept it.
    I think they were trying for a hybrid-type of 'tier set' bonus system... it's just more generic and has more steps to become the old tier set system. My guess is that Blizz has been trying to find another system that's on par with tier sets, and they've just been experimenting with different ideas. Not necessarily a bad idea in concept, but their execution and/or implementation has been WAY off the mark since BfA in this regard.

When it comes to the Covid issue, I think a better way to view the situation is how many people who owned and operated businesses view the situation: companies and businesses that struggled or suffered severely from Covid likely had systemic issues going into the pandemic. Obviously that's a generalized statement, but I think it holds true for Blizz. I mean, even if we disregard the lawsuit and surrounding issues, there was obviously problems at Blizz that were causing content creation slowdowns or problems when times were 'good'. Covid just amplified what was wrong with the company, and Blizz is paying the price... and so are the customers.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville