https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...112/1118580/53

Thankfully the old starting gear is going to still be in the game after all

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    One thing that I realized is a lot of people think we know how we stop Not-Zenos Zovaal, but nobody seems to have an idea for how we fix that gaping hole in the sky Sylvanas made.

Guessing for that we'd probably need to fix the Helm of Domination, maybe the key to that is in Icecrown and the updated Northrend maps are for the "Covenant Campaign" of 9.3 instead of the raid of 9.3?
    This has been my hypothesis since the beginning of Shadowlands. We reforge the Helm free of the Jailer's influence with the Primus then crown a new Lich Monarch which stops the rampaging Scourge, then we defeat the Jailer and seal the rift (not necessarily in order). Sylvanas will probably be redeemed some time during those events and/or become the new Arbiter.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Its easy shit, you can bet finger that Runecarver just gonna end up reforging Helmet in his design, and this mcguffin should separate realms.
    That's what I thought, though I'm admittedly worried Blizzard will just forget about it.

Quote Originally Posted by NikolaiShade View Post
    In the (apparently) newly updated Halls of Reflections none the less. The real question is: who will wear it? Sylvanas? The Primus? Anduin? or maybe... BOLVAR!
    Oh gods, we don't have many good Lich King candidates do we?

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I almost wonder whether Arthas will be the one to take the Jailer's place along with the Helm of Domination actually. It would actually fit his character to sacrifice himself fully. Let us afterall not forget that the last thing he said before he picked up Frostmourne was how he was willing to shoulder and curse to save his people.
    It would be considering that Shadowlands lore basically made almost everything evil he did "LOL Jailer" and he was never evil by his own agency. Oh boy did he bear that curse. Sadly, it cost him and Lordaeron everything. Oh such delicious tragedy.

It's fairly likely that we'll reforge the Helm as it's the easiest way to wrap up two of the biggest problems. Though I still have my worries.
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.

I have never actually heard anyone say the storytelling in FFXIV is great, just that its better than WoW, which is hardly great praise.
    It is great. Probably the best narrative to come out of the FF franchise, if not derivative of its predecessors.

Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    https://www.twitch.tv/towelliee/clip...Tc-NfIhrS5IaRo

Towelliee made a comment about 10.0.
    Hmmm,
    What does the Towelliee knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    Towelliee made a comment about 10.0.
    For those who don't want to waste a minute of their time on nothing - he just said that 10.0 is going to be "different".

I don't have anything against the guy, but holy shit, he really loves baiting people.
    Last edited by Sarethion; 2021-10-23 at 07:31 AM.

So, when do y'all think 9.2's gonna be announced?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    So, when do y'all think 9.2's gonna be announced?
    Optimistically and most likely, somewhere around the time Endwalker releases, but with how Shadowlands is going, I really wouldn't be surpised if it happed as late as Blizzconline next year.
    Last edited by Sarethion; 2021-10-23 at 07:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Hmmm,
    So, basically what I've been thinking lol.

My assumption on 10.0: World Revamp, Scarlet "Alliance" Faction as among the main antagonists, Dragon Isles, prolly no more shit systems, heavy Light focus for the beginning of the expac, heavy Azeroth focus with AU Draenor shit in it.

I also think we're gonna fight Sargeras in a mini raid.

Hmmm,
    To be honest, it's so easy saying some very vague stuff like this... because it always ends up being right. I'm not biting... yet.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm,
    He knows giving vague statements is good enough to get attention, cause it's common knowledge he knows people on Blizzard.

Just like when he get "leak" that 9.1 is probably August, on earliest June. Well, my leak say 9.2 will be April, at earliest February. WoW, I must know everyone on Blizzard!

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    He knows giving vague statements is good enough to get attention, cause it's common knowledge he knows people on Blizzard.

Just like when he get "leak" that 9.1 is probably August, on earliest June. Well, my leak say 9.2 will be April, at earliest February. WoW, I must know everyone on Blizzard!
    I faintly remember his "leak" for 9.1 was on how players would get changes they wanted.

I really don't get why he is given attention like what he "leaks" actually has some value to it. He might as well proudly come out and confirm that the next major patch will have a raid, or that the next expansion has a dungeon players will enjoy.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

So, basically what I've been thinking lol.

My assumption on 10.0: World Revamp, Scarlet "Alliance" Faction as among the main antagonists, Dragon Isles, prolly no more shit systems, heavy Light focus for the beginning of the expac, heavy Azeroth focus with AU Draenor shit in it.

I also think we're gonna fight Sargeras in a mini raid.
    But thats not really differnt from the last expansions. A convoluted mess of different stories all mashed together. Can we focus on 1 big storyline per expansion please? So dragon isles OR light/darkness OR old gods OR AU Draenor. Focus and flesh out the story. 1 exp+2-3 big patches is really not that much time/content even for 1 big storyline...

Quote Originally Posted by LordKharon View Post
    But thats not really differnt from the last expansions. A convoluted mess of different stories all mashed together. Can we focus on 1 big storyline per expansion please? So dragon isles OR light/darkness OR old gods OR AU Draenor. Focus and flesh out the story. 1 exp+2-3 big patches is really not that much time/content even for 1 big storyline...
    AU Draenor, or what remains of it, would pretty much be a focal point of a Light(/Void) based expansion, as AU Draenor is the only place we know that has fallen to the light. Old gods are the major minions of the Void, so their presence also makes some sense. The thing that wouldn't make sense is shoehorning in a Sargeras mini raid out of the blue here.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKharon View Post
    It beings different can mean a lot of things. World Revamp and Siege of SW would be perfect, and starting the expansion small with the Dragon Isles and the Light is fine. They could also make Light and Shadow a 2 parter. But, I doubt it.

I doubt that, after what BFA and SL went through, we'll ever see a "1 big plotline" expac, hell that's almost never been the case. And after SL, us going to the Plane of Life, or us going to 1 Cosmic Realm at a time just feels stupid.

"1 exp+2-3 big patches is really not that much time/content even for 1 big storyline..." I mean, it can definitely work just fine. BFA and Legion did it, and SL's doing it also.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I faintly remember his "leak" for 9.1 was on how players would get changes they wanted.

I really don't get why he is given attention like what he "leaks" actually has some value to it. He might as well proudly come out and confirm that the next major patch will have a raid, or that the next expansion has a dungeon players will enjoy.
    Of course it's not 100% useless, but people can't separate useful info from vague shit, doesn't matter if it's vague cause he's baiting or it's vague cause NDA. If he's hinting that November will have some 9.2 press event (I didn't hear that personally, someone in this thread said it), it's very likely.

Same if something is close, some day I turned on stream and he was hinting hard that 8.3 reveal will be TODAY, so people who could put 2+2 knew about it hours before it happened.

Like, just do this: World Revamp + Siege of SW event (With Scarlet Alliance invasions across Azeroth). Then, during the expac, do this:

Couple of Dungeons across Azeroth, or on Draenor, as well as the Dragon Isles, give us the Dragon Isles as the continent, have the first raid take place within the Dragon Isles with Wrathion + the flights battling against Chromatus, the Infinite Flight, and even some void guys, and then go from there.

Give us a mini raid with us battling Sargeras at the realm of Order, with the raid STARTING at the Seat of the Pantheon.

Then for 10.1, give us Farahlon, and have us battle Yrel, Lothraxion, as well as a Prime Naaru A'dal. Boom, light plot's done, and the Void plot of the expac begins! 10.2 and 10.3 can give us Azshara, Void Lords, K'aresh (10.3), Space Pirates, Realm of Light and the Light Pantheon, etc.

7+ Year Old Account
    Like, just do this: World Revamp + Siege of SW event (With Scarlet Alliance invasions across Azeroth). Then, during the expac, do this:

Couple of Dungeons across Azeroth, or on Draenor, as well as the Dragon Isles, give us the Dragon Isles as the continent, have the first raid take place within the Dragon Isles with Wrathion + the flights battling against Chromatus, the Infinite Flight, and even some void guys, and then go from there.

Give us a mini raid with us battling Sargeras at the realm of Order, with the raid STARTING at the Seat of the Pantheon.

Then for 10.1, give us Farahlon, and have us battle Yrel, Lothraxion, as well as a Prime Naaru A'dal. Boom, light plot's done, and the Void plot of the expac begins! 10.2 and 10.3 can give us Azshara, Void Lords, K'aresh (10.3), Space Pirates, Realm of Light and the Light Pantheon, etc.
    Just revamp world, then add entire dragon continent later! Then put Sarg, the Big Bad, in a mini-raid! Then let it be suddenly Light vs Void! Then go full space odyssey, because people weren't tired of grand conflicts! So simple!

What you just proposed is an absolute and unrealistic mess of scale and factions involved. Also lol at people still wanting Siege of SW after all these years.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

this is a parody right?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I really think world revamp and Light/Void expansion should be separate things.

Light/Void: Xalatath, Turalyon going apeshit, Yrel invasion, Alleria finally snap, Dragon Isles continent, sword conclusion and Azeroth's awakening, basically Legion style - put all eggs in the basket and blow it up

revamp: time skip, focusing on mainland EK/Kalimdor, completely down to earth on release and more traditional enemies in patches, housing.

Personally I think Light/Void -> time skip/revamp would work better, but I could see SL ending with something major and keeping potential Light/Void threats in refrigerator (for example Xalatath could be hiding and regaining power, Turalyon could stay on Stormwind throne and slowly degenerate into Light fanatic over years).