1. #9361
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Exploring Azeroth book was delayed month from November to December just like Sylvanas. Wow, could it mean book delays are rather connected to problems with supply chains disturbed by covid? Naaah, it's all because 9.2 extra delay, covid is passe "excuse" anyway xD.
    Someone has mentioned there is a worldwide paper shortage, so I guess books being delayed shouldn't be surprising. I could easily see Blizzard deciding to delay the book rather than face above average fees to make a book that likely isn't going to top any charts.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  2. #9362
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Exploring Azeroth book was delayed month from November to December just like Sylvanas. Wow, could it mean book delays are rather connected to problems with supply chains disturbed by covid? Naaah, it's all because 9.2 extra delay, covid is passe "excuse" anyway xD.
    Considering the Grimoire situation having literally been about Paper and Ink issues in printing, rather than "spoiler" shit, I wouldn't be surprised in the same issue applied for those 2 books also.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    How ironic that it was WoD that did borrowed power right, with the Garrison abilities that were fun, interactive, and quirky gimmicks that made out-door activities enjoyable.

    It's a shame that with WoD some people (mostly denialists) can't look past the lack of content and see that the content that actually was there was great.
    The content that was great? Like what? The 2 raids? Garrisons? APEXIS DAILIES? FUCKIN ASHRAN? Would rather suffer through Dragon Soul, thank you.

  3. #9363
    The Insane Arafal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Invading your mind
    Posts
    16,176
    Everyone knows apexis dailies where the pinnacle of world content.
    Grinding out a subzone for 30 minutes to fill up a bar, now that was magnificent game design.

    Trans Rights are Human Rights // Elune Says Queer Rights!


  4. #9364
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Everyone knows apexis dailies where the pinnacle of world content.
    Grinding out a subzone for 30 minutes to fill up a bar, now that was magnificent game design.
    That's the beauty with the community, people tend to forget the bad and remember the good. The way people feel about Korthia is how I felt about Argent Tournament back in the day.

  5. #9365
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    That's the beauty with the community, people tend to forget the bad and remember the good. The way people feel about Korthia is how I felt about Argent Tournament back in the day.
    Players will always transplant their general annoyance at being bored to the quality of the content they currently have.
    Korthia could have been pretty much any other zone, even ones that are absolutely beloved now, like Timeless Isle or Nazjatar, and players would still hate it, not because the content sucks but because they are bored and wants new stuff.

    Running around Argus now is pretty fun because I can more easily treat it like the zone it was intended to be. Whereas when I think long and hard on how it was to play while waiting for BfA I mostly remember being bored doing the same repetitive quests over and over.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  6. #9366
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    Won't happen, but they should...

    - increase XP, Reputation, and Anima gains by 400%
    - reduce the health and damage dealt of all mobs + bosses in all dungeons + raids, past and present, by 50%
    - reduce reputation requirements for items down to Friendly
    - increase the drop rate for mounts by 400%
    - increase the drop chance of the legendary bow and the quiver from Sylvanas by 100% for Hunters only
    - remove the Valor Point cap and increase its gains by 400%
    - drop stupid gear requirements like "be a certain mythic plus rating"
    - allow flying in the Maw and in Korthia
    - automatically allow flying in previous expansions' areas without needing to grind any Pathfinder achievements


    ...as a "please don't leave our game we actually do care" apology hotfix. Something so radical might actually make a difference. Or it would drive away even more payers.

    Either way, win win.
    If they did that, i could walk into a raid, give things a stern gaze and spend the next hour picking up loot. No thank you. That's not a game anymore, just a walking simulator.

  7. #9367
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Someone has mentioned there is a worldwide paper shortage, so I guess books being delayed shouldn't be surprising. I could easily see Blizzard deciding to delay the book rather than face above average fees to make a book that likely isn't going to top any charts.
    Okay, there's a paper shortage. Release the eBook then and give us the printed version later? I don't see any issues with that. Just a thought.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-10-24 at 01:51 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  8. #9368
    Dreadlord Lady Atia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    980
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    Won't happen, but they should...

    - increase XP, Reputation, and Anima gains by 400%
    - reduce the health and damage dealt of all mobs + bosses in all dungeons + raids, past and present, by 50%
    - reduce reputation requirements for items down to Friendly
    - increase the drop rate for mounts by 400%
    - increase the drop chance of the legendary bow and the quiver from Sylvanas by 100% for Hunters only
    - remove the Valor Point cap and increase its gains by 400%
    - drop stupid gear requirements like "be a certain mythic plus rating"
    - allow flying in the Maw and in Korthia
    - automatically allow flying in previous expansions' areas without needing to grind any Pathfinder achievements


    ...as a "please don't leave our game we actually do care" apology hotfix. Something so radical might actually make a difference. Or it would drive away even more payers.

    Either way, win win.
    Sorry, I just had to throw up a bit. What kind of acid did you take and can I have some of it so your post can be taken seriously?

  9. #9369
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Okay, there's a paper shortage. Release the eBook then and give us the printed version later? I don't see any issues with that. Just a thought.
    Blizzard doesn't like to think.

  10. #9370
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Okay, there's a paper shortage. Release the eBook then and give us the printed version later? I don't see any issues with that. Just a thought.
    Okay, they release book only in one form, piss some people who pre-ordered paper version and get spoiled before their release to gain... what exactly?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Blizzard doesn't like to think.
    Sometimes it feels like half of this forum are 5 year olds.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2021-10-24 at 02:04 PM.

  11. #9371
    Scarab Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    4,465
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Sometimes it feels like half of this forum are 5 year olds.
    For some it's always easiest to blame Blizz for every single thing and see ulterior motives in everything.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

  12. #9372
    The Insane Arafal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Invading your mind
    Posts
    16,176
    Jee, i wonder why Blizzard doesn't release the ebook first...


    It's almost as if ebooks are a lot cheaper and significantly less marketable than paperback.

    And that's beside the obvious spoiler and pre-order problem that @Dracullus just mentioned.
    Last edited by Arafal; 2021-10-24 at 02:10 PM.

    Trans Rights are Human Rights // Elune Says Queer Rights!


  13. #9373
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Okay, they release book only in one form, piss some people who pre-ordered paper version and get spoiled before their release to gain... what exactly?



    Sometimes it feels like half of this forum are 5 year olds.
    Ngl, I’m tired so apologies if my brain doesn’t function as good today.

  14. #9374
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Jee, i wonder why Blizzard doesn't release the ebook first...


    It's almost as if ebooks are a lot cheaper and significantly less marketable than paperback.

    And that's beside the obvious spoiler and pre-order problem that @Dracullus just mentioned.
    This is basically like complaining about cinema spoiling Blu-ray movies later on. And cinema is cheaper on top of that! There's really no need for a delay solely based on a paper shortage, but this conversation is pretty much pointless in the end. It ultimately doesn't matter for what's going to happen (or not).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  15. #9375
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Jee, i wonder why Blizzard doesn't release the ebook first...


    It's almost as if ebooks are a lot cheaper and significantly less marketable than paperback.

    And that's beside the obvious spoiler and pre-order problem that @Dracullus just mentioned.
    Sure, they are less marketable, but it’s not like no one reads Online Books regardless. Not like it matters either way since the books are delayed anyway.

  16. #9376
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In some Sanctuaryesque place or a Haven
    Posts
    42,826
    Oh no company wants to make money, shocker. The delay is fine, this is just getting into petty bullshit.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

    Warrior-Magi

  17. #9377
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Everyone knows apexis dailies where the pinnacle of world content.
    Grinding out a subzone for 30 minutes to fill up a bar, now that was magnificent game design.
    To be honest, Apexis Dailies were weren't bad in the slightest, especially if you compare them to the dailies we had before that.

    You could do whatever you want, there were certain "objectives" that were optimal and quite quick and you could do different things each time you did them, instead of always doing the same thing like with dailies.

    The problem with Apexis Dailies was that they were completely pointless and you never had a reason to do them.

    I mean, 60% of the WQs we have today are literally just Apexis Dailies.

  18. #9378
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    Won't happen, but they should...

    - increase XP, Reputation, and Anima gains by 400%
    - reduce the health and damage dealt of all mobs + bosses in all dungeons + raids, past and present, by 50%
    - reduce reputation requirements for items down to Friendly
    - increase the drop rate for mounts by 400%
    - increase the drop chance of the legendary bow and the quiver from Sylvanas by 100% for Hunters only
    - remove the Valor Point cap and increase its gains by 400%
    - drop stupid gear requirements like "be a certain mythic plus rating"
    - allow flying in the Maw and in Korthia
    - automatically allow flying in previous expansions' areas without needing to grind any Pathfinder achievements


    ...as a "please don't leave our game we actually do care" apology hotfix. Something so radical might actually make a difference. Or it would drive away even more payers.

    Either way, win win.
    Fucking lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

  19. #9379
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    To be honest, Apexis Dailies were weren't bad in the slightest, especially if you compare them to the dailies we had before that.

    You could do whatever you want, there were certain "objectives" that were optimal and quite quick and you could do different things each time you did them, instead of always doing the same thing like with dailies.

    The problem with Apexis Dailies was that they were completely pointless and you never had a reason to do them.

    I mean, 60% of the WQs we have today are literally just Apexis Dailies.
    Lots of people like to collect mounts and pets and Apexis Crystals were a required currency to get the cosmetic Reputation rewards.

    If someone thought Apexis Crystals were useless that's on them, people who are interested in getting all the mounts wouldn't think that.

    Also Apexis Dailies were clearly a blueprint for the World Quests system that would be introduced in Legion, since they were daily quests that you would get from one place and could send you all over the new continent.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2021-10-24 at 02:51 PM.

  20. #9380
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    Won't happen, but they should...

    - increase XP, Reputation, and Anima gains by 400%
    - reduce the health and damage dealt of all mobs + bosses in all dungeons + raids, past and present, by 50%
    - reduce reputation requirements for items down to Friendly
    - increase the drop rate for mounts by 400%
    - increase the drop chance of the legendary bow and the quiver from Sylvanas by 100% for Hunters only
    - remove the Valor Point cap and increase its gains by 400%
    - drop stupid gear requirements like "be a certain mythic plus rating"
    - allow flying in the Maw and in Korthia
    - automatically allow flying in previous expansions' areas without needing to grind any Pathfinder achievements


    ...as a "please don't leave our game we actually do care" apology hotfix. Something so radical might actually make a difference. Or it would drive away even more payers.

    Either way, win win.
    How is it win/win? Removing any and all challenge from the game?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •