5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Comparing netflix to a MMO, thats a new one.
    Indeed, it's sad how Netflix provides you with more content than WoW while charging less.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

SL is like watching a movie where you don't care for a single character in it - you really don't care if they succeed or fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Indeed, it's sad how Netflix provides you with more content than WoW while charging less.
    A library gives more content than both combined, and its totally free. So I guess we should abandon games and go back to reading the deluge of well written fantasy books that exist in the world.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    SL is like watching a movie where you don't care for a single character in it - you really don't care if they succeed or fail.
    I do actually genuinely care to see what Uther and Arthas will end up as. But beyond that I couldnt agree more, I look at the issues plaguing the Kyrian, or the politics of the Venthyr society and I really couldnt give a rats ass what happens. Just give me cosmetics and mounts so I at least get something decent out of this expansion once its over.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    Some entertaining bits. That Elune cinematic was hilarious.

“I sent souls to you to help.”

“Elune, honey, those went straight to the Maw.”

*curb your enthusiasm music plays*
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    A library gives more content than both combined, and its totally free. So I guess we should abandon games and go back to reading the deluge of well written fantasy books that exist in the world.
    A sensible choice indeed - one I have already made, as a matter of fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    Some entertaining bits. That Elune cinematic was hilarious.

“I sent souls to you to help.”

“Elune, honey, those went straight to the Maw.”

*curb your enthusiasm music plays*
    That was really terrible, the acting was perfect, the animation too, the story was filled with holes. Right now Shadowlands feels like one of those filler episodes in a show, you should and would like to skip but you don't because you could miss some good part (or maybe because you want to see how far they can get...)

Quote Originally Posted by NikolaiShade View Post
    That was really terrible, the acting was perfect, the animation too, the story was filled with holes. Right now Shadowlands feels like one of those filler episodes in a show, you should and would like to skip but you don't because you could miss some good part (or maybe because you want to see how far they can get...)
    It's kind of amazing in a deeply idiotic way.
    The buildup where you run around finding the Night Warriors isnt anything special, but form the moment you return to Ardenweald and start setting up the ritual the hype just builds so well. Then you get that amazing fight againts Tyrande (which honestly should have been at least a dungeon boss) with that amazing music, and the storytelling is just so damn good. THe nthat amazing cutscene plays, and it's all amazing until... it turns out that Elune just didnt get the memo that the Shadowlands was in actual trouble.

The reveal could have been that the souls of the Night elves were needed in Ardenweald, it could have been that Tyrande herself had to go to Ardenweald, and if the Night Elves did not die then she would have stayed. It could have been that Elune herself is being attacked already by Zovaal's minions, revealing that even the realms of life are under attack, and that her inability to stop Sylvanas was not on her.

That quest was really just knocking it out of the park, and then it completely blew it with that extremely unimpressive reveal.

It's kind of amazing in a deeply idiotic way.
    The buildup where you run around finding the Night Warriors isnt anything special, but form the moment you return to Ardenweald and start setting up the ritual the hype just builds so well. Then you get that amazing fight againts Tyrande (which honestly should have been at least a dungeon boss) with that amazing music, and the storytelling is just so damn good. THe nthat amazing cutscene plays, and it's all amazing until... it turns out that Elune just didnt get the memo that the Shadowlands was in actual trouble.

The reveal could have been that the souls of the Night elves were needed in Ardenweald, it could have been that Tyrande herself had to go to Ardenweald, and if the Night Elves did not die then she would have stayed. It could have been that Elune herself is being attacked already by Zovaal's minions, revealing that even the realms of life are under attack, and that her inability to stop Sylvanas was not on her.

That quest was really just knocking it out of the park, and then it completely blew it with that extremely unimpressive reveal.
    Honestly, making Elune ignorant of the recent SL events achieves the goal to estabilish her as a non-omnipotent being, this could (and will imo) play out later. Until then we assumed Elune was a deity, now she is on par with titans more or less, confined to her "domain" (life?).
    What really puzzles me is how vague that particular scene is, unless it's intentional, we don't know for sure if Elune could have done something but decided not to or, if she was unable to help the night elves, opted to send their souls to Ardenweald.

Edit - before the cinematic I had the crazy theory there were a Winter queen (death) and a Summer Queen (life) and toghether they were Elune (two faces like the moon you know)
    Last edited by NikolaiShade; 2021-10-25 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Crazy theories

Honestly, making Elune ignorant of the recent SL events achieves the goal to estabilish her as a non-omnipotent being, this could (and will imo) play out later. Until then we assumed Elune was a deity, now she is on par with titans more or less, confined to her "domain" (life?).
    What really puzzles me is how vague that particular scene is, unless it's intentional, we don't know for sure if Elune could have done something but decided not to or, if she was unable to help the night elves, opted to send their souls to Ardenweald.
    The thing with that scene isnt that Elune should hae known better. Based on what we know this is a perfectly logical plotpoint that could be used to set things up in the future.
    The problem is just that it's such a terribly weak reveal for what is such a massively hyped storyline. It isnt just the end of the Ardenweald plot, it's a part of the ongoing Teldrassil plotline that has been ongoing since the BfA pre-patch. The story of the Night Elves after Teldrassil got pretty much an entire zone in BfA all ot itself.
    And yet, despite all of this buildup, the actual reveal really does just end up being that Elune didn't think the problem was actually serious, and that she indeed just misunderstood the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing with that scene isnt that Elune should hae known better. Based on what we know this is a perfectly logical plotpoint that could be used to set things up in the future.
    The problem is just that it's such a terribly weak reveal for what is such a massively hyped storyline. It isnt just the end of the Ardenweald plot, it's a part of the ongoing Teldrassil plotline that has been ongoing since the BfA pre-patch. The story of the Night Elves after Teldrassil got pretty much an entire zone in BfA all ot itself.
    And yet, despite all of this buildup, the actual reveal really does just end up being that Elune didn't think the problem was actually serious, and that she indeed just misunderstood the problem.
    It makes her just as fallible as anyone else. Its different from the "All knowing god."
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Had a dream last night about a company announcing a "Spiritual WoW 2" that was based around the design philosophy of Classic.

Woke up today to find out another Ex-WoW dev has opened their own studio.

But I'm not gonna hope.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

Edit - before the cinematic I had the crazy theory there were a Winter queen (death) and a Summer Queen (life) and toghether they were Elune (two faces like the moon you know)
    The thing is.. we players always have these wild ideas and fair enough mostly they are pretty interesting.

The problem is that it always ends in dissapointment, because its always the most logical outcome which every one dismisses in the beginning because its to obvious..

Its just to save yourself a dissapointment at this point to not do that.. I thought BFA made that super crystal clear for everyone.. appearntly more is needed.

Well... the Winterqueen did not know about that at that point either, no one did but: the Jailer, his allies and the Primus (who removed his memory of it).
    They all only knew about it after we deal with Denathrius.

The Winter Queen and the Primus were just staying around the whole time doing nothing.

All the eternals are a joke.
    Last edited by Hellspawn; 2021-10-25 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Had a dream last night about a company announcing a "Spiritual WoW 2" that was based around the design philosophy of Classic.

Woke up today to find out another Ex-WoW dev has opened their own studio.

But I'm not gonna hope.
    Not to insinuate too much, but has there ever been an ex-wow dev that striked a claim with a new studio that made something amazing?
    I know a bunch of ex-wow devs made Wildstar, and while that was popular it was hardly a smashing success like many might have wanted.

I really am genuinely curious whether there is precedent for someone publicly leaving Blizzard to either start or join a fresh new company, and then for that company to make something amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    The thing is.. we players always have these wild ideas and fair enough mostly they are pretty interesting.

The problem is that it always ends in dissapointment, because its always the most logical outcome which every one dismisses in the beginning because its to obvious..

Its just to save yourself a dissapointment at this point to not do that.. I thought BFA made that super crystal clear for everyone.. appearntly more is needed.
    I often don't bother making theories. When I do, I never really hype myself about it. I don't care if my theories are met. I just care if the story and characters are good. WoW doesn't do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    I often don't bother making theories. When I do, I never really hype myself about it. I don't care if my theories are met. I just care if the story and characters are good. WoW doesn't do that.
    At least for me is not a matter of theories, I'd just like to get a clear resolution of the events, not some vaguely conocted line to keep the story going (Elune involvement in the burning of teldrassil to mention just one)

Edit - anyway the level of care they're putting in writing their story is made pretty clear by the handling of the (many) souls of Uther
    Last edited by NikolaiShade; 2021-10-25 at 07:06 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not to insinuate too much, but has there ever been an ex-wow dev that striked a claim with a new studio that made something amazing?
    I know a bunch of ex-wow devs made Wildstar, and while that was popular it was hardly a smashing success like many might have wanted.

I really am genuinely curious whether there is precedent for someone publicly leaving Blizzard to either start or join a fresh new company, and then for that company to make something amazing.
    Okay my memery aside, I'll actually one-up you.

Is there any former-WoW-dev studio that has produced anything so far? Only one I know of is the one Metzen's involved with that is making a Tabletop Book.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account

Quite frankly a lot of ex wow devs or even people that worked at Blizzard in early 2000's were kinda suspect. I don't think we'd miss some of them so......yeah

Oh and grass always greener on the other side.

At least for me is not a matter of theories, I'd just like to get a clear resolution of the events, not some vaguely conocted line to keep the story going (Elune involvement in the burning of teldrassil to mention just one)

Edit - anyway the level of care they're putting in writing their story is made pretty clear by the handling of the (many) souls of Uther
    Some stories need to continue and others end, they aren't perpetually opening everything up ever. There is going to be a time where the teldrassil aftermath is going to be closed.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2021-10-25 at 07:30 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Okay my memery aside, I'll actually one-up you.

Is there any former-WoW-dev studio that has produced anything so far? Only one I know of is the one Metzen's involved with that is making a Tabletop Book.
    The only project that was even remotely something was Wildstar, and that flopped incredibly hard.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    I think y'all are being overly optimistic about 10.0 being announced on Feb. I think we will get 9.2 news to coincide with FF drop, that's just how Blizzard operates. However, I think we will get 9.3 news at Blizzcon, and MAYBE a hint for 10.0 but more than likely not. I think 10 will get announced in a smaller November Blizzcon or at Gamescom in the summer. I don't think they will cut 9.3 or just skip over giving it attention.

The excuses they can use for delay are plentiful and I fully expect Blizz to take advantage of them.
    Honestly I don't mind this. I'm more worried about them announcing 9.2 in a Blog Post in November and then staying silent on what is next until February and it then is revealed to be a new expansion. But yeah, I don't know I take a upfront Cut & Run or a 9.3 extension. But if it is a Blog Post where they try to hide the end of the expansion that's just insanity at that point.

We need a face to show up at some point. Not to yell at them but for the human connection. I am tired of this cold weird environment, it is fucking breaking my heart.
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2021-10-25 at 07:56 PM.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.