I still believe we’ll see the Pantheon of Life in 9.2. They just won’t play as big a role as Zereth Mortis.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Yeah we were just a distraction to the both of them.
    Hell, we weren't even that much for Zovaal. He just plain ignored us, and from how the final fight went, i doubt we could have done anything even if Sylvanas wasn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Poor color choices???
    Yes, a yellow and purple logo isn't unreasonable, it's just that mac and cheese yellow-orange and satin, bright purple are not the best colors to use. When using complementaries like that, it's best to either desaturate them closer to neutral so that they aren't as jarring;

or pull in additional, analogous colors so that you end up with more of a gradient between the two opposites, to similarly reduce how contrasting and jarring they look together:

I hope you're joking?

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard's literally done shadow with a bright Purplish color. Hell, in fucking game, Shadow is mostly utilized in either Dark or Light Purple, with Void being more-so black with a blueish tint.

- - - Updated - - -

While Shadow can in fact look DARK Purple, it Light Purple also works with it. Granted, Light in that pic looks a bit like Mac and Cheese (like you said) but it still works regardless lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Besides, lots of WoW Art (Not just this) showcases Shadow in a Pink/Purple way.

I hope you're joking?

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard's literally done shadow with a bright Purplish color. Hell, in fucking game, Shadow is mostly utilized in either Dark or Light Purple, with Void being more-so black with a blueish tint.

- - - Updated - - -

While Shadow can in fact look DARK Purple, it Light Purple also works with it. Granted, Light in that pic looks a bit like Mac and Cheese (like you said) but it still works regardless lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Besides, lots of WoW Art (Not just this) showcases Shadow in a Pink/Purple way.
    You seem to have completely missed the point of what I said.

I know exactly what you said. I'm telling you why bright purple and "mac and cheese yellow" still work, regardless. No idea what the issue is here.

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    It's an MMO game, the focus is the gameplay and replayability, lore is just the background of the whole thing. If lore were the main focus, we would have a TV series, not a game.
    The problem is that (imo) gameplay is stale af and replayability is at an all time low, thanks to Ion's hardon for muh systemz. Sure, 9.1.5 might be fixing that particular point, but... Too little, too late, so Netflix is still providing me with much more entertainment than WoW, for a fraction of its price.
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    It's not really retconning though. There's plenty we didn't know from WC3 - a story which is just about 20 years old. The Jailer is the backbone of that story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    It's interesting how a character that didn't exist back then could be the backbone of the story. Guess that story must have been an invertebrate then.

I know exactly what you said. I'm telling you why bright purple and "mac and cheese yellow" still work, regardless. No idea what the issue is here.
    They don't though, as you can see by how terrible the colors are in the OC picture in question. Purple and yellow work in-game and in Blizzard art because the colors they use are well chosen, and are, for example, desaturated to a less contrastive, more neutral look, like in the picture you just posted, where the saturation of the purple and yellow is in the 30-60% range, as opposed to the other picture, where it is in the 85-100% range.

That is why the colors in the OC picture look terrible. Not because they are yellow and purple but because they are very poorly chosen yellow and purple. The issue is not using """light""" purple, it is using an extremely saturated purple. That picture is very much NOT working. Yellow and purple work fine, when you use them well, here they are not being used well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    They don't though, as you can see by how terrible the colors are in the OC picture in question. Purple and yellow work in-game and in Blizzard art because the colors they use are well chosen, and are, for example, desaturated to a less contrastive, more neutral look, like in the picture you just posted, where the saturation of the purple and yellow is in the 30-60% range, as opposed to the other picture, where it is in the 85-100% range.

That is why the colors in the OC picture look terrible. Not because they are yellow and purple but because they are very poorly chosen yellow and purple. The issue is not using """light""" purple, it is using an extremely saturated purple. That picture is very much NOT working. Yellow and purple work fine, when you use them well, here they are not being used well.
    Yeah... it's just a poorly done image. The issue isn't the colour choices, but the way they are being used there.

Purple/Yellow is actually a very common choice for contrast colours.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I mean given the kinds of enemies we're fighting on an expansionly basis, we cannot be allowed to lose. Because "losing" means Azeroth blows up.

Hell we're reaching the point now with the Jailer where "losing" means the entire cosmos blows up.
    Doesn't have to be a total loss. We defeat the Jailer, but he still manages to partially remake reality or w/e. We did actually have something like that with Sarg defeat.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-10-26 at 05:38 AM.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    The problem is that (imo) gameplay is stale af and replayability is at an all time low, thanks to Ion's hardon for muh systemz. Sure, 9.1.5 might be fixing that particular point, but... Too little, too late, so Netflix is still providing me with much more entertainment than WoW, for a fraction of its price.
    Maybe the big sword in Azeroth is symbolic of the big wounds Blizz did to WoW?

It seems that every time you want to do something, you need to go farm something else. Just not fun.Do you want to chase mogs? You may have got lots of anima, but now need to go farm grateful offerings, which take a long time to get even doing daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    Maybe the big sword in Azeroth is symbolic of the big wounds Blizz did to WoW?

It seems that every time you want to do something, you need to go farm something else. Just not fun.Do you want to chase mogs? You may have got lots of anima, but now need to go farm grateful offerings, which take a long time to get even doing daily.
    I just want to go back to what wow was.. I've abandoned any thought of alts looking at the time gates to get them good to go for mythic. I barely keep up with my main. Why the hell does this vapid hellscape exist?!?

Why are we making systems that only cater to zero skilled no lifers?

Quote Originally Posted by Postmasters View Post
    I just want to go back to what wow was.. I've abandoned any thought of alts looking at the time gates to get them good to go for mythic. I barely keep up with my main. Why the hell does this vapid hellscape exist?!?

Why are we making systems that only cater to zero skilled no lifers?
    What zero skill no lifers? Also, Classic already gave people good old WoW with (kinda) no systems.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-10-26 at 06:05 AM.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    What zero skill no lifers? Also, Classic already gave people good old WoW.
    It's just the crowd I see defending time gate and grind systems the most on the offical forums. They always push this weird " wow was always about grinding to be good nonsense" and without fail they never have even normal cleared. They make up about 90% of posts claiming to be mythic raiders.

I had some fun with classic but it had a been there done that feel to it. I got around it by playing a rogue since I played caster back in the day. TBC... I wanted to love tbc but it felt like a game I had already mastered and beaten.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    What zero skill no lifers? Also, Classic already gave people good old WoW with (kinda) no systems.
    The account was made this month and his whole shtick is how he is god's gift to gaming.
    #1) MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    #2) Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    #3)Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis. #4) The WoW playerbase doesn't deserve housing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post

The colors are fine. I don't need to hear some weird ass paragraph on why you don't like it. Sure, the art itself needs some work (But they're new, so who cares), and the way the colors are used is, imo at least, not the best, but the colors themselves are fine. Light and Shadow share gold and light purple themes regardless, so I don't get it. No reason why we need to make 90 paragraphs on it lol.

Also, the picture I posted showcase very similar colors still.

Haven't really been active here in a while , some catch-up replies:

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    https://youtu.be/WMI_FgUOn5Q?t=199
    What do you guys think.
    Is there any other continents on Azeroth?
    Could it be 10.0?
    There definitely could be more "continents", meaning useable islands for an expansion area.
    However, what people always forget about basically all "continents" after Pandaria, these zones aren't actually as big as, well, Pandaria, and even that one is possibly not as big as we assume.

Using very rough RL comparisons, assuming Azeroth is roughly Earth-sized, Pandaria might be the the size of Greenland, or maybe Australia, while the Broken Isles, Zandalar and Kul Turas, respectively, might be comparable to larger islands like Cuba or Borneo.
    This relatively small size explains how new islands could've remained unknown to our factions, especially if they are on the "other side" of Azeroth,
    The actual continents, though, are comparable to the Americas (Kalimdor) and Europe&Africa (Eastern Kingdoms) - treks across the Barrens have been described as taking days or weeks, we can assume the individual zones on the Vanilla continents are comparable in size to the average country or US/Canadian state.

The ingame world map enlarges the Legion&BfA zones to make them easily clickable.
    Hence, "new" islands/archipelagos (Dragon Isles or whatever) could easily be used as expansion "continents", scaled to rival Pandaria only for gameplay purposes, without invalidating any existing lore or ingame globes (if you still want to involve the Ulduar globes, just say that the sensors were degraded, they couldn't pick up smaller landmasses that are further away)

However, I'd much prefer going to a different planet, maybe even for two expansions in a row, exploring two major continents that are similar but also different enough. I'd even suggest three expansions, but that might be too long for the playerbase.
    I even thought that Warlords should not have used time travel, instead introducing new zones on Draenor, shards (e.g. the hinted Ogre continent) floating back to the known ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    They did Azshara dirty, and this would make for an actually decent plot. A Titan-empowered Azshara would be such a brilliant villain imo.
    I still hold the theory that Azshara might be a partially awakened avatar of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It is fascinating to consider how the game would have looked if it was headed by someone who saw open world content as the preeminent source of enjoyment.
    TBH until recent years, the vocal minority shat blood every time "the casuals" got anything.
    Catchup gear? Bad, invalidating all iLvl progress in the previous patch.
    Less elite quests, Dailies/WQs completeable without a group? WoW's turning into a single-player RPG.
    Legendary questlines in MoP and WoD only giving marginal advantages to hardcore raiders, any player could eventually unlock the orange item via LFR? Literal death of the game, according to certain people.

Obviously anecdotal, but I haven't played WoW in a way that could be called "hardcore" in a good decade and still enjoy it (with content of course going stale after a while)

I admit I didn't come up with the following all on my own, especially the part about recent times is inspired by what content creators have said, but people have always complained about WoW by comparing it to other games. Back then, competitive PvP or a feel of brutality, both in style and difficulty (e.g. Age of Conan, Warhammer) was seen as lacking in WoW. Nowadays, it's compared to what people love about FF14, e.g. a continuing story taking you through the expansions and casual side content remaining relevant. Streamers "suddenly" discover this "new" game, playing content that's up to 8 years old already.

Surely all valid criticism when derived from your own impressions, and WoW can definitely learn from other games, but different games obviously are different. Not everything can be applied to an established game system, at least not in a sophisticated way. And ideally, I want WoW to come up with its own systems, instead of only picking up things that have worked in other games, always on the back foot.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

The colors are fine. I don't need to hear some weird ass paragraph on why you don't like it. Sure, the art itself needs some work (But they're new, so who cares), and the way the colors are used is, imo at least, not the best, but the colors themselves are fine. Light and Shadow share gold and light purple themes regardless, so I don't get it. No reason why we need to make 90 paragraphs on it lol.

Also, the picture I posted showcase very similar colors still.
    It seems you're the one being weirdly defensive. Hitei and huth gave reasonable explanations for what is obviously apparent.
    No disrespect to the person who did the drawing, but it poorly represents how Blizzard professionals would execute it. It doesn't really get the point across as to how it would look.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    I love the idea that both BfA and SL were made by the supposedly terrible B team, and the reasoning seems to pretty much solely rest on the fact that BfA and SL were badly received.
    Also, what changes are going to be entirely reverted? The one where AP was removed, or perhaps the one that gave players loads of cosmetics from varied sources?

Other than that it's the most big standard and boring "leak" I have seen in a while. I would rate it a 3/10, and only so high because it at least didn't say something completely absurd with the plot.
    The world revamp dream will never die!