1. #9921
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In some Sanctuaryesque place or a Haven
    Posts
    42,822
    Lorewise we're stuck in the Shadowlands and we really have no idea what's happening on Azeroth right now. That's being disconnected.
    We aren't stuck or disconnected from Azeroth. That is your own feelings and you are trying to project it on everyone else.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

    Warrior-Magi

  2. #9922
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Flying is trash and they should have just stayed firm on removing it permanently in WoD. It adds literally nothing to the game beyond allowing players to completely skip playing.
    If they don't want flying they should stop designing dogshit zones that are a pain to navigate. If walking around Revendreth's 23423 mountain for 30 minutes is your thing then don't use your flying mount but don't force everyone to have a miserable time.

  3. #9923
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    If they don't want flying they should stop designing dogshit zones that are a pain to navigate. If walking around Revendreth's 23423 mountain for 30 minutes is your thing then don't use your flying mount but don't force everyone to have a miserable time.
    Nah, not interested in Blizzard designing 30 Barrens-level flat zones or Nagrand copies. Why not play a different game?

  4. #9924
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Nah, not interested in Blizzard designing 30 Barrens-level flat zones or Nagrand copies. Why not play a different game?
    1) Actually I'm already playing a different game but okay. I'll be coming back next week just to customize my main.

    2) Why would I do that when flying is in the game

    3) Also currently you're not doing Daddy Blizzard any favour by telling players to play something else
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2021-10-28 at 01:49 PM.

  5. #9925
    I am Murloc! Fahrad Wagner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Luxembourg
    Posts
    5,293
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post



    Did anyone notice this btw?

    It's not fan-made. It's officially in blizzard files. Is it just for "nothing better to do", or is it part of "something bigger"?
    This is porn, honestly. And I'm not saying it cause it's Goldshire.

  6. #9926
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    If they don't want flying they should stop designing dogshit zones that are a pain to navigate. If walking around Revendreth's 23423 mountain for 30 minutes is your thing then don't use your flying mount but don't force everyone to have a miserable time.
    That is them doing something you might have heard of before called designing a game.
    Believe it or not, some players do actually enjoy that a zone feels like it was designed with certain intentions, like needing to learn how to effectively navigate it, or generally just being built with verticality allowing gliders or slow fall to shine as movement options.

    The most flying has added to the game are more varied mounts. As for gameplay flying only takes from the overall experience.
    Stormheim had an entire mechanic that revolved around using a grappling hook. This was a mechanic that even got integrated into quests.

    And sure, you could just ask players to not use a massively powerful movement option, but this is kinda like giving players a sliding scale for how powerful their character should be and asking them to just tune the boss battles themselves.
    I don't know about you, bit I pay Blizzard to make an enjoyable game, not myself.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  7. #9927
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    That is them doing something you might have heard of before called designing a game.
    Believe it or not, some players do actually enjoy that a zone feels like it was designed with certain intentions, like needing to learn how to effectively navigate it, or generally just being built with verticality allowing gliders or slow fall to shine as movement options.

    The most flying has added to the game are more varied mounts. As for gameplay flying only takes from the overall experience.
    Stormheim had an entire mechanic that revolved around using a grappling hook. This was a mechanic that even got integrated into quests.

    And sure, you could just ask players to not use a massively powerful movement option, but this is kinda like giving players a sliding scale for how powerful their character should be and asking them to just tune the boss battles themselves.
    I don't know about you, bit I pay Blizzard to make an enjoyable game, not myself.
    If you have fun walking around mountains don't unlock flying.

    Don't dictate how I must play thank you very much.

    Removing flying for sure would deal the final blow to WOW, it's such a stupid idea that Blizzard would never consider it. Even in WoD they had already designed zones with flying in mind, as could be seen when flying around with the Garrison toy (they weren't unfinished like Silvermoon).

    And so long as they keep designing zones like Highmountain, Stormheim, Drustvar, Zuldazar, Revendreth, flying is not going away ever.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2021-10-28 at 01:56 PM.

  8. #9928
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Imagine treating "flying at launch" as a feature when it should be the norm, there's no reason to not give flying at launch that isn't greed (to force people to stay subbed).
    Even assuming for the sake of this reply that the "leak" was real, this would not be a list of big features as stated by a dev, but the person it was leaked to summarizing what they heard, using their own priorities.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

  9. #9929
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    If you have fun walking around mountains don't unlock flying.

    Don't dictate how I must play thank you very much.
    Why should the game be designed for those that don't want to play it is my question?

    You don't see me go to PvP threads and demanding the Blizzard adds the option to play against bots in arena so I can get rating.

    The idea that players who don't want to play open world content should be allowed to dictate how it should be consumed is ludicrous.
    Can't you just not go into the world to not play it instead of demanding a means of circumventing it while still reaping the benefits?
    Just stay in Oribos or the covenant sanctum and demand to be summoned if the thought of having to put the bare minimum of effort into the game is so terrifying.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  10. #9930
    They design these zones that require a lot of running around, climbing, taking detours, etc. which would be interesting to travel.

    The first time around.

    They're not really thinking long-term on how these zones would fit with the grinding gameplay loop of an MMO and constantly coming back and having to traverse them to do your daily chores.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

  11. #9931
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Why should the game be designed for those that don't want to play it is my question?

    You don't see me go to PvP threads and demanding the Blizzard adds the option to play against bots in arena so I can get rating.

    The idea that players who don't want to play open world content should be allowed to dictate how it should be consumed is ludicrous.
    Can't you just not go into the world to not play it instead of demanding a means of circumventing it while still reaping the benefits?
    Just stay in Oribos or the covenant sanctum and demand to be summoned if the thought of having to put the bare minimum of effort into the game is so terrifying.
    Pressing the autorun key and occasionally moving your mouse is playing the game to you? You call that "content"?

    Do you actually play the game or just spend all your time on this thread?

    Also you know that you can set up portals with the Covenants right, that's also an option.

  12. #9932
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Flying is trash and they should have just stayed firm on removing it permanently in WoD. It adds literally nothing to the game beyond allowing players to completely skip playing.
    Or, here me out here...Add aerial combat, like they planned in Wotlk.

  13. #9933
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Pressing the autorun key and occasionally moving your mouse is playing the game to you? You call that "content"?

    Do you actually play the game or just spend all your time on this thread?

    Also you know that you can set up portals with the Covenants right, that's also an option.
    Knowing where I can run, and feeling that the tools I have been given to traverse the landscape are all somewhat useful is what I find fun.
    Using the portals is a part of the game, a part that is massively undercut by flying.

    I enjoy finding shortcuts in traversing the landscape. Things like the goblin glider being useable from the top of the seat of the primus to get to the arena questgiver. Or using the grappling hook in Stormheim.
    I enjoyed looking at the map in Suramar and plotting the most optimal route from A to B using the portals.

    I enjoyed playing the game it was intended to be played, from the ground.

    What I do not enjoy is when the game loses most of the magic like struggling to reach the top of the mountain in Zuldazar and seeing the dragon Easter egg there. Or even basic stuff like the road to the top of Highmountain being pointless for players when they can just fly straight up.

    I enjoy environmental jumping puzzles, or seeing high ledges and wondering how to get there.
    I enjoy when I come across a sheer cliff and have to wonder how to get past it, or hitting upon it from the other side and gaining a vantage point fro nowhere I can use the goblin glider effectively.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Aerisot View Post
    Or, here me out here...Add aerial combat, like they planned in Wotlk.
    Not without revamping flying to take some skill. Otherwise it might as well be underwater combat.

    What flying needs is something to actually make it a gameplay option, instead of being to movement what instakill is to raid bosses.

    Flying is inherently unbalanced since Blizzard never bothered to design it in a way that has room for growth. The only thing that can be approved is the speed. There is no gameplay limitation that can be altered depending on the area.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  14. #9934
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Knowing where I can run, and feeling that the tools I have been given to traverse the landscape are all somewhat useful is what I find fun.
    Using the portals is a part of the game, a part that is massively undercut by flying.

    I enjoy finding shortcuts in traversing the landscape. Things like the goblin glider being useable from the top of the seat of the primus to get to the arena questgiver. Or using the grappling hook in Stormheim.
    I enjoyed looking at the map in Suramar and plotting the most optimal route from A to B using the portals.

    I enjoyed playing the game it was intended to be played, from the ground.

    What I do not enjoy is when the game loses most of the magic like struggling to reach the top of the mountain in Zuldazar and seeing the dragon Easter egg there. Or even basic stuff like the road to the top of Highmountain being pointless for players when they can just fly straight up.

    I enjoy environmental jumping puzzles, or seeing high ledges and wondering how to get there.
    I enjoy when I come across a sheer cliff and have to wonder how to get past it, or hitting upon it from the other side and gaining a vantage point fro nowhere I can use the goblin glider effectively.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Not without revamping flying to take some skill. Otherwise it might as well be underwater combat.

    What flying needs is something to actually make it a gameplay option, instead of being to movement what instakill is to raid bosses.

    Flying is inherently unbalanced since Blizzard never bothered to design it in a way that has room for growth. The only thing that can be approved is the speed. There is no gameplay limitation that can be altered depending on the area.
    Okay so don't unlock flying, it's simple. I don't enjoy doing any of that so don't force me to walk around the same creek for the 100th time like I was forced to do on my Horde alt in Zuldazar.

  15. #9935
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Okay so don't unlock flying, it's simple. I don't enjoy doing any of that so don't force me to walk around the same creek for the 100th time like I was forced to do on my Horde alt in Zuldazar.
    And that's also something he can experience while leveling if flying can't be bought until max level, like it used to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

  16. #9936
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Lorewise we're stuck in the Shadowlands and we really have no idea what's happening on Azeroth right now. That's being disconnected. We're in this dimensional hell because Sylvanas decided to make a deal with the devil, and kidnapped the leaders of the Horde and Alliance. So now we have to punch the devil in the face because he wants to change reality.

    Meanwhile, I just want to go to a new area on Azeroth, explore that area, and maybe have a few new quests around Ogrimmar and Stormwind. I even wouldn't mind fighting a few trolls or orcs who ventured too far into the Eastern Kingdoms.

    I do think part of the problem is that we've spent 2 expansions dealing with Sylvanas' BS, and I'm really sick of that character on multiple levels. Her tricking Tyrande and figuring out that the big bad was using her as a pawn was pretty much the last straw for me.
    No we are not??? We literally have lore established portals back to Azeroth, what???

  17. #9937
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    No we are not??? We literally have lore established portals back to Azeroth, what???
    Blizzard is having their cake and eating it, too, with the portals. They exist in the lore to justify the players traveling back and forth, but the narrative doesn't utilize them in the slightest. They exist for the players, essentially, and no one else.

  18. #9938
    Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    Blizzard is having their cake and eating it, too, with the portals. They exist in the lore to justify the players traveling back and forth, but the narrative doesn't utilize them in the slightest. They exist for the players, essentially, and no one else.
    I took the portals as non-canon. Not only is it stupid how easily they made them, but does continue to poke holes in the story. Although portals in general cause major plot holes in how they would be utilized in war.
    Last edited by GR8GODZILLAGOD; 2021-10-28 at 02:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

  19. #9939
    Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    I took the portals as non-canon. Not only is it stupid how easily they made them, but does continue to poke holes in the story. Although portals in general cause major plot holes in how they would be utilized in war.
    BFA would’ve ended if someone portaled a piano onto Sylvanases head in Orgs throne room.

    Might as well whine about who pumps the Batmobiles tires. Bolvars spiel about “you may never return” was exclusively about the Maw which you then escape from.

  20. #9940
    Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    Blizzard is having their cake and eating it, too, with the portals. They exist in the lore to justify the players traveling back and forth, but the narrative doesn't utilize them in the slightest. They exist for the players, essentially, and no one else.
    It's even worse, they actually are used by some NPCs, namely Calia and Taelia. They are 100% canon this time around.
    #1) MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    #2) Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    #3)Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis. #4) The WoW playerbase doesn't deserve housing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •