Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    If we got a Shadowlands expansion, there's no reason why we wouldn't get an Emerald Dream one.
    They refused to give us an entire expansion for Emerald Nightmare and Argus, so I'm 100% certain that we won't get an expansion that's taking place in the Emerald Dream. We already had a lot of Emerald Dream related content throughout other expansions, there's absolutely no need for that to be an exclusive expansion.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    The Obsidian Worldbreaker mount and the Shadowlands cinematic trailer.

The Battle for Azeroth's cinematic trailer, the cover of Before the Storm and patch 8.3's sanity and insanity bar.

The Grimoire of the Shadowlands definitely hints at a Lifelands expansion.

There are also hints toward a Titan Homeworld expansion.

If we got a Shadowlands expansion, there's no reason why we wouldn't get an Emerald Dream one.
    We only got a Shadowlands Expansion because the LK Plot wasn't done. Hell, I was one of the guys that clearly assumed ahead that Light and Shadow would be AFTER a LK/Death Expansion, especially when you consider the Legion Whispers, as well as the fact that there was no clear Death divinity prior to this expansion, so things felt a little off. Doesn't help that Life and Death weren't yet explored on the cosmic scales of things prior to SL also.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    They refused to give us an entire expansion for Emerald Nightmare and Argus, so I'm 100% certain that we won't get an expansion that's taking place in the Emerald Dream. We already had a lot of Emerald Dream related content throughout other expansions, there's absolutely no need for that to be an exclusive expansion.
    This too, actually. MAYBE we'll get a Lifelands expac, but I highly doubt it. For the moment, Zovaal appears to be the big threat to Life and Death here, hell I daresay he's the creator of the Drust magics. Would make sense tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    We only got a Shadowlands Expansion because the LK Plot wasn't done. Hell, I was one of the guys that clearly assumed ahead that Light and Shadow would be AFTER a LK/Death Expansion, especially when you consider the Legion Whispers, as well as the fact that there was no clear Death divinity prior to this expansion, so things felt a little off. Doesn't help that Life and Death weren't yet explored on the cosmic scales of things prior to SL also.

- - - Updated - - -

This too, actually. MAYBE we'll get a Lifelands expac, but I highly doubt it. For the moment, Zovaal appears to be the big threat to Life and Death here, hell I daresay he's the creator of the Drust magics. Would make sense tbh.
    Zovaal is a threat to everything, he wants to unmake all, not just life and death.
    The great cycle is of course between life and death and unlike other opposing cosmic powers they have a connection like that.
    Naturally, life seems like the logical next aspect to explore, maybe even in the same expansion but I don't think it will happen anymore.
    We only got one patch left probably and they already have some much "story ground" to explore that including life just seems too much. And there I have not even included that the art team would need to do an entirely new kit of assets for the life realm...
    So... if we get to the life realm it seems more likely that we do that in a new expansion and the best moment for that is after Shadowlands.
    Personally, I don't want to go there, I would like that we stay on Azeroth and go there only in a patch if at all.

Yeah, he is a threat to everything...

But "everything" is the PRIMARY focus of Shadowlands.

"So... if we get to the life realm it seems more likely that we do that in a new expansion and the best moment for that is after Shadowlands"
    I personally would rather not have them milk WoW for another 6 or so expansions, considering its current state, thank you very much. I can see WoW lasting for 2-3 more expacs, that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Yeah, he is a threat to everything...

But "everything" is the PRIMARY focus of Shadowlands.

"So... if we get to the life realm it seems more likely that we do that in a new expansion and the best moment for that is after Shadowlands"
    I personally would rather not have them milk WoW for another 6 or so expansions, considering its current state, thank you very much. I can see WoW lasting for 2-3 more expacs, that's it.
    They will make expansions for as long as it's profitable. All the First One stuff already stretched/extended what we got, if necessary they do that again in the future.
    Last edited by Hellspawn; 2021-10-30 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    You have not done Dune properly until you have giant sandworms
    Like the one in Ahn'qiraj 40?

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Like the one in Ahn'qiraj 40?
    You know I completely forgot about that, which is odd considering I actually do remember that there is the Jom Gabbar that drops in Ahn'qiraj.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Funny how rare we talk about Arthas in 9.2 speculations. And imo he will have big presence, probably in early sketch of SL they though 9.2 will be low point and 9.1 with Sylvanas will be relatively close to launch, so Arthas would be used to keep people interested.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    God, I am so bored of waiting for news.

Blizzard is really spending their time milking the crap out of the 9.1.5 new cycle right now, releasing silly tweet after silly tweet responding to players in GIF form.

Before that they spent a year milking the news about WoW Classic TBC and D2R.

Can we just get back to normal and have a flipping mega news dump next weekend, you know... with a proper live stream, high-quality videos, pumped developers going in-depth about new features and so on?

A three year old could run Blizzard's PR department better.
    Then do something else with your time then whine about it here. Also we are still in a pandemic with all the woes that come with it. Chillax, you don't have to spend every waking minute of your day.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2021-10-30 at 03:03 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

9.2 will be announced any day now…

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Releasing a store mount when there's a content drough seems like a great idea.
    I may misremember, but weren't almost all non-Zodiac mounts released between patches? With this drought lasting longer than usual, of course stuff like this stands out more, but it's not really different. And honestly, from a business standpoint it makes sense, however you as a customer think about it.

Yeah, so let's try to kill her, that's more appropriate!
    (Game versions of) Killing and related violence is part of the established gameplay. Sigh, I saw the same arguments when /spit was changed to not target players anymore, "They may kill me, but at least they can't spit on me". Getting spat on, or even receiving threats of sexual violence, are things that someone of a marginalized group more likely has experienced, compared to 'plain' threats to your life (not sure I'm phrasing and distinguishing this right, hopefully you can tell what I mean)
    "Killing" in a game with respawn is more alike to getting defeated in a Boxing match, or in Paintball, for a more direct comparison. Neither of those sports tolerate spitting and other forms of psychological attacks.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

I have the right to whine as much as I like. It's a public forum, not an echo chamber for hype.

The pandemic is no longer a valid excuse for anything. Other developers release games and news just fine. The issue isn't even that 9.2 is taking long, either. It's just that they're so bad at PR.

It's like everybody at Blizzard decided they're no longer professionals, and all they do online is whine about the lawsuit or how poorly their employer is treating them. That Lore dude who used to run their QAs and is responsible for managing the community spends more time trying to build his streaming career than he does promoting the game. The Game Director is nowhere to be seen, even though other Blizzard games have seen some communication between developers and fans (DA4 quarterly blogs, Overwatch videos and events, Hearthstone stuff, etc), WoW does nothing but occasionally tweet.

The WoW team sucks at PR, that's all.
    Valid critic is not the same a whining. You're entire yelling and whining just screams "entitled little brat". The Team is giving their monthly overlooks and whatever, just because you dont like 9.1.5 or care much for them, they wont throw over everything. But I mean someone who says the pandemic is no valid excuse for anything can just be a human pig, who put the world in a way of "if MY demands aren't met directly, it's either shit or doesnt exist".

You suck, that's all.

There was zero reason to bring Kael'thas back in Shadowlands, yet they did. So there's something about to happen with him in the future as much there's something about to happen with Ysera as well. So even if the Sunwell right now is in the hands of it's rightful owners, who knows what a possible return of Kael'thas and Alleria's void obsession can do with it.
    I could see the reason being how aware they were that his character was butchered in TBC and having an expansion in the afterlife was prime time to salvage it.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

7+ Year Old Account
    I have the right to whine as much as I like.
    And i have the right to tell you that not to do that, and point out that you are just perpetuating your own misery.

We are not getting 9.2 news for another few weeks, so do something else.
    Spamming about how bored you are is not gonna make news come out any faster, all it does is make this and other community spaces a bigger shitshow than they already are.

A tip hun, staring at a clock is just gonna it tick a lot slower.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    I could see the reason being how aware they were that his character was butchered in TBC and having an expansion in the afterlife was prime time to salvage it.
    At least they know they're terrible at making new characters. No character introduced in World of Warcraft is as compelling as the ones from Warcraft 3 & they know it. They keep forcing Anduin on us & hes essentially a mary sue. Calia is terrible. Liliana could be interesting but she keeps getting tossed aside for Calia. Might well eject everyone from the Shadowlands at the end of this storyline & give them +1 extra life.

Side note: A common thing in WoW writing is having many devs writing quests & they're not on the same page when it comes to the lore, or Danseur is just not forthcoming with where a story is going: Jaina's brother was supposedly Calia's true love.... But Calia also has an illegitimate daughter: It seems like someone was setting up a soap opera twist so that Liliana Voss could be the true Heir to the Lordaeron Throne, but now they're insinuating Talia is actually her daughter with Bolvar. (This also means if Talia is supposed to be a romantic pairing for Anduin.... she's at least 10 years older than him. What a milf)

I'd say Garrosh was up there. Least through Cataclysm. Shame Stonetalon Mountains was a fuck up rather than planned.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

Not sure where you got the implication that Lillian Voss was ever built up as the secret heir to the Menethils. The obvious soap opera twist was always Talia, the daughter of an unknown woman to go along with Calia and her lost daughter and husband.

Also Talia isn't that much older than Anduin going by what we know. She talked about when she left Bolvar with the implication that she was no more than 10 years old at most.

Besides, 10 years really isn't that much older honestly. Especially not in monarchies like what we see in WoW, and not even that much by modern standards.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Josh Allen has tweeted that there will be communication from Ion and CO soon, perhaps there'll be an announcement in regards to 9.2 and future philosophy this week.

I doubt that Calia is actually Bolvar's wife, it seems more like a red herring. Compared to Bolvar/Calia/Taelia they are being very cagey with Voss and barely having her appear while at the same time building up to another Scarlets vs Forsaken war that will definitely feature both Calia and Voss. They make even take that time to make Voss a unique model and build her up as the "ugly" Forsaken representative (they have already stated through the books that even if Calia becomes the Forsaken leader, Voss will remain as the Horde representative).

That being said, Voss has enough ties to Lordaeron as the daughter of a dead Scarlet. Actually making her Calia's kid is unnecessary... but I can see it happening if they want to brute force her importance.
    Last edited by EbaumsTipster; 2021-10-30 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    Josh Allen has tweeted that there will be communication from Ion and CO soon, perhaps there'll be an announcement in regards to 9.2 and future philosophy this week.
    Where? Can't find it in his timeline.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again