Dead silence about PTR 9.1, maybe not this week.... content comes out so slowly

10.0: January 2025
    9.3: August-November 2023
    9.2: June-July 2022
    9.1:November-December 2021

it looks more like the truth

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post

You think it's looking like the "truth" of 9.1 being 8 - 9 months away?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I agree that they are more flexible with TBC launch, but we got the news that the beta is likely coming up very soon, most likely even before 9.1. And we have these new strings that suggest the 2.0 launch in May, which might be the pre-patch that unlocks the two new races - which brings the real TBC launch to June I guess, at least somewhere around that time. TBC and 9.1 won't launch both in the same month or just 2-3 weeks apart, so... what will come first is the real question.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I think the later 9.1 comes, the more likely is it that we won't see 9.3 at all as the next expansion is undoubtly scheduled for Q3/4 2022. I'd even say they want to go back to another August release date next year which makes 9.3 even more unlikely. I mean, we can play the schedule game, just in reverse (every content patch has a lifetime of at least 6 months, 8.1 to 8.2 was 6.5 months and 8.2 to 8.3 was 7 months):

10.0: August-November 2022 (launch of the new expansion)
    9.3: June-July 2022
    9.2: November-December 2021
    9.1: May - July 2021

I just don't see how they would fit three content patches into this expansion when 9.1 is still at least 2 months away. At this point in time BfA already got 8.1.
    Honestly I think 9.1 is gonna last as much as 9.0... Again with how COVID has been treating the dev team is complicated to estimate and predict what will they do and when.

Last month we were trying to guess mid March for 9.0.5 and we got it right... So July with raid opening in August is very possible in my opinion
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post

That is just nonsense. Even Blizzard will feel the need to release something after a while and if they aren't done by the end of june they will likely just cut corners and push something out, otherwise the player numbers would suffer way too much this early in the expansion. Even if we bet on a july release the next one will be at most another 6-8 months after that and by that point the chairs of everyone in a leading position in the WoW team would start to shake violently, so that is already highly unlikely. At that point it's way more plausible to see another WoD ending for SL than them waiting with the next expansion until 2025.. like seriously, that is almost 4 years off, think about what you are saying here. Other studios release 2 full games in that time period.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    That is just nonsense. Even Blizzard will feel the need to release something after a while and if they aren't done by the end of june they will likely just cut corners and push something out, otherwise the player numbers would suffer way too much this early in the expansion. Even if we bet on a july release the next one will be at most another 6-8 months after that and by that point the chairs of everyone in a leading position in the WoW team would start to shake violently, so that is already highly unlikely. At that point it's way more plausible to see another WoD ending for SL than them waiting with the next expansion until 2025.. like seriously, that is almost 4 years off, think about what you are saying here. Other studios release 2 full games in that time period.
    I could see them wrapping things around soon especially with us going to assault Torghast in 9.1 already. Really seems like Jailer will get his way and we gonna have to fight him in Azeroth...
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiradon View Post
    I could see them wrapping things around soon especially with us going to assault Torghast in 9.1 already. Really seems like Jailer will get his way and we gonna have to fight him in Azeroth...
    Who said we're gonna fight him on Azeroth? Would make more sense if the last raid took place at Oribos.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Who said we're gonna fight him on Azeroth? Would make more sense if the last raid took place at Oribos.
    Because he wants the world soul.

It would make sense for him to go after it once he gets his way.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Tiradon View Post
    Honestly I think 9.1 is gonna last as much as 9.0... Again with how COVID has been treating the dev team is complicated to estimate and predict what will they do and when.

Last month we were trying to guess mid March for 9.0.5 and we got it right... So July with raid opening in August is very possible in my opinion
    I mean if that’s the case, Shadowlands will definitely not have three content patches. It would be impossible to fit into their expansion schedule, I mean it’s even hard to make it fit into the schedule when we get 9.1 in May / June.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I guess he was just trolling and didn’t meant that at all, otherwise it makes no sense.
    ______

When we’re talking about upcoming patches, we really have to consider TBC launch. The phases of TBC might not matter, but the launch will have a huge impact - so let’s think about when TBC will launch and what that means for the launch of 9.1.

TBC pre patch in May, TBC launch in June and 9.1 in July? Or 9.1 before TBC, so in May and TBC pre patch in June and TBC release in July? I don’t know which scenario is more likely at this point. Seems like retail is far behind the schedule, so TBC should come first, but who knows.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-03-16 at 06:35 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post

That would make like, 3rd xpac antagonist in a row going for Azeroth WS?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post

Not really. All he said was that Death comes for it. His plan is to unmake the entire Warcraft Universe, and he'll be able to do that by slaying the Arbiter. The seat of the Arbiter would be the perfect finale for us to beat the Jailer in.

- - - Updated - - -

So, do some of you guys just want SL to have 1 fuckin patch? or?

So, do some of you guys just want SL to have 1 fuckin patch? or?
    Who was talking about one? It's two, 9.1 and 9.2. And it has not much to do with what we want or not, it's about expansion schedules.

Not really. All he said was that Death comes for it. His plan is to unmake the entire Warcraft Universe, and he'll be able to do that by slaying the Arbiter. The seat of the Arbiter would be the perfect finale for us to beat the Jailer in.
    I remember it was mention in the Maw opening that the Jailer is going after Azeroth's World Soul.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Who was talking about one? It's two, 9.1 and 9.2. And it has not much to do with what we want or not, it's about expansion schedules.
    We have no idea how the expansion schedule's going though. You cannot assume we'll get only 2 patches. That's not how it works.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I remember it was mention in the Maw opening that the Jailer is going after Azeroth's World Soul.
    All he said was "Death comes for the soul of your world", then claimed that all that we see and know will be undone.

7+ Year Old Account
    We have no idea how the expansion schedule's going though. You cannot assume we'll get only 2 patches. That's not how it works.
    Isn't that the guy who kept claiming that 8.3 wont happen and keeps coming up with "x wont happen" dumb shit all the time?

- - - Updated - - -

"ll he said was "Death comes for the soul of your world", then claimed that all that we see and know will be undone.
    "All will be undone" is your super generic villain line and that WS threat was a one-timer. I think his plans are about different things.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-03-16 at 07:07 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Isn't that the guy who kept claiming that 8.3 wont happen and keeps coming with "x wont happen" dumb shit all the time?
    Well, at this point we can say with 100% confidence that we won't be getting an 8.3 patch at any point in the future.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Well, at this point we can say with 100% confidence that we won't be getting an 8.3 patch at any point in the future.
    You got me there. :v

We know two things for sure: a content patch will last for at least 6 months and the next expansion will be released the latest in Q4/22. I'm assuming nothing, I'm just saying the schedule will get pretty tight for three content patches as I layed out in my example earlier.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Nyel saying we probably won't get X.3 patch? What it is, 2019?

We know two things for sure: a content patch will last for at least 6 months and the next expansion will be released the latest in Q4/22.
    No, you don't know this.

We know two things for sure: a content patch will last for at least 6 months and the next expansion will be released the latest in Q4/22. I'm assuming nothing, I'm just saying the schedule will get pretty tight for three content patches as I layed out in my example earlier.
    You're claiming that you aren't assuming anything, yet you then go on to assume stuff? Really?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    lmao true that

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    No, you don't know this.
    These are facts from over a decade of WoW. We get an expansion every 2 years (+-24 months) and every content patch with a raid tier lasts for about 6 months, some 5.5, some 7, in average 6. So yes, we know this, it's disingenuous to act like this is a new thing when it's been a thing for a decade now.

- - - Updated - - -

You're claiming that you aren't assuming anything, yet you then go on to assume stuff? Really?
    Arguments? I'm talking about their usual expansion schedule which has been a thing for the last decade. And I try to fit three content patches in Shadowlands in exactly that schedule, you could do the same and tell me how it will work out in your opinion. Rules: latest release date for the next expansion is Q4/22 and every content patch (e.g. x.1, x.2, x.3) lasts for ~ 6 months. We could add that the final tier / patch lasts for an average of 9 months, but we'll ignore that now and stick to the rule of 6.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-03-16 at 07:28 PM.