Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    he is not Arthas, he is just a puppet
    That's not what separates them, dude...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    "The crown of light will bring only darkness" refers to Anduin tho. Sure, he doesn't have a crown, but this is in a metaphorical sense. After all, he is the High King. Eventually, he will snap out of it, but not before doing some crazy stuff.
    Or, it could be talking about Turalyon? There's a lot of shit pointing more towards that, really...

Then again, it could be talking about how Anduin's going to bring about Zovaal's rise to reality, and to the Sepulcher. Azshara calls Zovaal the "Darkness" Sylvanas seeks to unleash, and Zovaal is controlling Anduin rn. Doesn't mean Stormwind's gonna fucking burn lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Proudmong View Post
    Even if he did, which yes, he probably won't, that still wouldn't make him Arthas. He's mind controlled entirely, which means there would be a future for redemption whereas Arthas had none.

People just want his whole domination arc to have actual consequences, otherwise it's only going to be remembered as that time Anduin became a shitty Arthas knock-off for nostalgia bait.
    Hard to do that when Anduin's being used as a damn puppet against his will. Not at all his choice to do shit. At most, he'll be saved AT the Sepulcher, and no where beyond that point. IF he does do shit on Azeroth tho, then Turalyon may have a problem with it, especially with Lothraxion as his council commander pal.

Hard to do that when Anduin's being used as a damn puppet against his will.
    Its the same shit. Another Mourneblade turns someone into a puppet. You don't call frostmourne and helm of domination the vessels of domination for nothing.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

"The crown of light will bring only darkness" refers to Anduin tho. Sure, he doesn't have a crown, but this is in a metaphorical sense. After all, he is the High King. Eventually, he will snap out of it, but not before doing some crazy stuff.
    Yeah, but "The golden one claims a vacant throne. The crown of light will bring only darkness", although a little bit obvious but Turalyon seems like a better candidate for the job. Anduin is not that golden right now

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I just really don't see Blizzard ever using something as plain and vague as "Awakenings".
    I do agree that Awakenings is kind of vague, as at least Cataclysm was an event itself.

Who knows though. They've bucked trends before.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Its the same shit. Another Mourneblade turns someone into a puppet. You don't call frostmourne and helm of domination the vessels of domination for nothing.
    Iirc it was revealed Arthas was cursed, influenced, but not fully dominated, he did what he wanted to do basically

Edit - found the quote from Danuser: Arthas made choices along the way, and yes there was a dark power calling to him and all of that, but it was still very much choices that he made that led him along the path that he went.

Not really, considering Arthas betrayed Ner'Zhul and Zovaal and did that shit as the LK himself.

Quote Originally Posted by NikolaiShade View Post
    Iirc it was revealed Arthas was cursed, influenced, but not fully dominated, he did what he wanted to do basically

Edit - found the quote from Danuser: Arthas made choices along the way, and yes there was a dark power calling to him and all of that, but it was still very much choices that he made that led him along the path that he went.
    I'm aware of that statement but I don't think it jives well with what we know of Frostmourne and well domination magic. You can argue everything up until Frostmourne was picked up. After that is he really of his own? Something that takes souls?

Not really, considering Arthas betrayed Ner'Zhul and Zovaal and did that shit as the LK himself.
    Again, still doesn't quite make sense what we know about Frostmourne. Zovaal considers the helm and Frostmourne vessels of domination and we know what the word means, I don't buy he had much control at all.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2021-11-05 at 04:37 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I just really don't see Blizzard ever using something as plain and vague as "Awakenings".
    I, too, think that "Awakenings" would be a dumb title. But again, we've already had plain and vague titles. The fact that you have lore context for them doesn't make them any less plain and vague.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, that just makes me think that Danuser doesn't understand his job. Arthas having free will and Anduin not would be wildly inconsistent.

I'm aware of that statement but I don't think it jives well with what we know of Frostmourne and well domination magic. You can argue everything up until Frostmourne was picked up. After that is he really of his own? Something that takes souls?

Again, still doesn't quite make sense what we know about Frostmourne. Zovaal considers the helm and Frostmourne vessels of domination and we know what the word means, I don't buy he had much control at all.
    Except he did...

The Arthas novel literally exists.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post

Honestly, that just makes me think that Danuser doesn't understand his job. Arthas having free will and Anduin not would be wildly inconsistent.
    Or it shows that the Jailor has improved his technique over the years /shrug.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelldor View Post
    So an eternal being that has lived for as long as life and death has been a concept "improved his technique" in the past twenty years purely for plot convenience? Seems likely.

So an eternal being that has lived for as long as life and death has been a concept "improved his technique" in the past twenty years purely for plot convenience? Seems likely.
    Yeah? 20 years is like...nothing to him.

I don't see why we can't make the assumption that from Nehr Zul -> Arthas -> Sylvanus -> Anduin he wouldn't have learned more about how to control strong-willed individuals. Assuming wouldn't have figured out some improvements along the way seems less likely than the alternative, to me. Plus, as far as we know, Anduin is the only one with a complete soul that he has been able to control DIRECTLY from the Shadowlands.

I don't see why we can't make the assumption that from Nehr Zul -> Arthas -> Sylvanus -> Anduin he wouldn't have learned more about how to control strong-willed individuals. Assuming wouldn't have figured out some improvements along the way seems less likely than the alternative, to me. Plus, as far as we know, Anduin is the only one with a complete soul that he has been able to control DIRECTLY from the Shadowlands.
    Suffice it to say, I think we're putting infinitely more thought into this than the writers themselves.

Yeah, but "The golden one claims a vacant throne. The crown of light will bring only darkness", although a little bit obvious but Turalyon seems like a better candidate for the job. Anduin is not that golden right now
    Yes, but Turalyon is a regent, not a king, so the crown part doesn't make sense tbf.

Yes, but Turalyon is a regent, not a king, so the crown part doesn't make sense tbf.
    If the "Light is next Bad" theory is correct, there is no reason why Turalyon shouldn't name himself king thus bringing the aforementioned darkness. btw "crown of light" could be a metaphor

His approach changed, as well. Part of why he assumed full control over Anduin was that the whole Lich King thing wasn't working, and none of them did what he wanted them to.

Given that he has only been doing this particular thing for about 20 years now, that seems perfectly reasonable, yes.

With Blizzconline isn't happening now, When do you think they will announce the next expansion?
    An Karanir Thanagor

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aarro View Post
    With Blizzconline isn't happening now, When do you think they will announce the next expansion?
    When they'd normally have announced 9.3.
    Talents - ☑
    EK/Kalimdor Revamp - ☒
    Endgame Gearing Revamp - ☐

FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter | Classic - Ashkandi (Horde)

Quote Originally Posted by aarro View Post
    I wouldn't expect anything before Gamescom or E3 2022.