Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I'm aware of that statement but I don't think it jives well with what we know of Frostmourne and well domination magic. You can argue everything up until Frostmourne was picked up. After that is he really of his own? Something that takes souls?

Again, still doesn't quite make sense what we know about Frostmourne. Zovaal considers the helm and Frostmourne vessels of domination and we know what the word means, I don't buy he had much control at all.
    Except he did...

The Arthas novel literally exists.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post

Honestly, that just makes me think that Danuser doesn't understand his job. Arthas having free will and Anduin not would be wildly inconsistent.
    Or it shows that the Jailor has improved his technique over the years /shrug.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelldor View Post
    So an eternal being that has lived for as long as life and death has been a concept "improved his technique" in the past twenty years purely for plot convenience? Seems likely.

So an eternal being that has lived for as long as life and death has been a concept "improved his technique" in the past twenty years purely for plot convenience? Seems likely.
    Yeah? 20 years is like...nothing to him.

I don't see why we can't make the assumption that from Nehr Zul -> Arthas -> Sylvanus -> Anduin he wouldn't have learned more about how to control strong-willed individuals. Assuming wouldn't have figured out some improvements along the way seems less likely than the alternative, to me. Plus, as far as we know, Anduin is the only one with a complete soul that he has been able to control DIRECTLY from the Shadowlands.

I don't see why we can't make the assumption that from Nehr Zul -> Arthas -> Sylvanus -> Anduin he wouldn't have learned more about how to control strong-willed individuals. Assuming wouldn't have figured out some improvements along the way seems less likely than the alternative, to me. Plus, as far as we know, Anduin is the only one with a complete soul that he has been able to control DIRECTLY from the Shadowlands.
    Suffice it to say, I think we're putting infinitely more thought into this than the writers themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by NikolaiShade View Post
    Yeah, but "The golden one claims a vacant throne. The crown of light will bring only darkness", although a little bit obvious but Turalyon seems like a better candidate for the job. Anduin is not that golden right now
    Yes, but Turalyon is a regent, not a king, so the crown part doesn't make sense tbf.

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Yes, but Turalyon is a regent, not a king, so the crown part doesn't make sense tbf.
    If the "Light is next Bad" theory is correct, there is no reason why Turalyon shouldn't name himself king thus bringing the aforementioned darkness. btw "crown of light" could be a metaphor

His approach changed, as well. Part of why he assumed full control over Anduin was that the whole Lich King thing wasn't working, and none of them did what he wanted them to.

Given that he has only been doing this particular thing for about 20 years now, that seems perfectly reasonable, yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    With Blizzconline isn't happening now, When do you think they will announce the next expansion?
    An Karanir Thanagor

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aarro View Post
    With Blizzconline isn't happening now, When do you think they will announce the next expansion?
    When they'd normally have announced 9.3.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I wouldn't expect anything before Gamescom or E3 2022.

Thank you, I wanted to write something similar.

Pretty sure Blizzard back when the Arthas novel was written didn’t even think about Zovaal or the existence of a higher being behind the Lich King.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    When they'd normally have announced 9.3.
    So basically today during normal Blizzcon…
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

I think we might just get a Lich King 2.0 Expansion next, using a revamped Northrend and a Lich King Anduin. I think the most realistic path forward from here is:

1. Zovaal is defeated and banished from the Shadowlands - ends up on Azeroth using Anduin as a vessel and operating as the Lich King.
    2. Sylvanas becomes the new Arbiter and is left behind in the Shadowlands. Written out of the plot, essentially.
    3. Zovaal basically picks up where Arthas left off and tries to conquer Azeroth.
    4. The Kyrian and Night Fae join the Alliance and the Venthyr and Necrolords join the Horde, in the continued war against Zovaal.
    5. Zovaal will probably resurrect Galakrond. Maybe all the dead Drakkari Loa too. A resurrected Loki would be epic.

Turalyon in this scenario would be 100% good guy, basically replacing Tirion as the leader of the Paladins against the Scourge.

Everything else falls into place nicely, first we have a reason for the covenant races sticking around. Pretty much everyone is invested in rescuing Anduin and stopping the invasion. From Wrathion to Calia to Thrall/Jaina/Baine basically everyone will be motivated to save the King. Alleria contains the power of a Void Naaru, wouldn't it be awesome if she used her Void Power to take control of the braindead corpse of Yogg Saron?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Thank you, I wanted to write something similar.

Pretty sure Blizzard back when the Arthas novel was written didn’t even think about Zovaal or the existence of a higher being behind the Lich King.

- - - Updated - - -

So basically today during normal Blizzcon…
    Well I mean in the COVID timetable. So probably a few weeks after the 9.2 Hall of Fame closes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    I think we might just get a Lich King 2.0 Expansion next, using a revamped Northrend and a Lich King Anduin. I think the most realistic path forward from here is:

1. Zovaal is defeated and banished from the Shadowlands - ends up on Azeroth using Anduin as a vessel and operating as the Lich King.
    2. Sylvanas becomes the new Arbiter and is left behind in the Shadowlands. Written out of the plot, essentially.
    3. Zovaal basically picks up where Arthas left off and tries to conquer Azeroth.
    4. The Kyrian and Night Fae join the Alliance and the Venthyr and Necrolords join the Horde, in the continued war against Zovaal.
    5. Zovaal will probably resurrect Galakrond. Maybe all the dead Drakkari Loa too. A resurrected Loki would be epic.

Turalyon in this scenario would be 100% good guy, basically replacing Tirion as the leader of the Paladins against the Scourge.

Everything else falls into place nicely, first we have a reason for the covenant races sticking around. Pretty much everyone is invested in rescuing Anduin and stopping the invasion. From Wrathion to Calia to Thrall/Jaina/Baine basically everyone will be motivated to save the King. Alleria contains the power of a Void Naaru, wouldn't it be awesome if she used her Void Power to take control of the braindead corpse of Yogg Saron?
    This was the Lich King 2.0 expansion.

I definetely wouldn't expect it this year and most likely not in the first quarter of 2022.

If I had to guess, I'd say early summer 2022.

Well I mean in the COVID timetable. So probably a few weeks after the 9.2 Hall of Fame closes.
    I know, but usual Blizzcon would be exactly right now. An announcement would be just a few hours away and most likely we already would have gotten the real leak and a trademark...

They said that even though Blizzconline isn't happening, they weren't going to postpone planned announcements for their games, right? I could see them announcing the expansion in first quarter of 2022.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I know, but usual Blizzcon would be exactly right now. An announcement would be just a few hours away and most likely we already would have gotten the real leak and a trademark...
    It could be but outside of one site nobody has suggested "surprise 10.0 reveal this month."

Most everyone agrees they'll drop 9.2 news to combat Endwalker.

And besides I'm on the "Spring 2023" train for 10.0 so the usual one year from announce to launch would then say 9.2 reveal and launch first.

It could be but outside of one site nobody has suggested "surprise 10.0 reveal this month."

Most everyone agrees they'll drop 9.2 news to combat Endwalker.

And besides I'm on the "Spring 2023" train for 10.0 so the usual one year from announce to launch would then say 9.2 reveal and launch first.
    Oh lol I am not expecting that, I'm just picturing how it could have been if not everything was f* up. Blizzcons usually took place around this exact time in the past, that's why I was saying that.