Not sure why anyone should be surprised.

Whether it's a shill or a blind hater, MMO-Champion has always been infamous for toxicity and is pretty much a place where most people go to after they're banned on the Official forums.

There generally tends to be less toxicity from both shills and haters on the Official Reddit or the Official forum.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    Much as I don't like SL and Blizzard, these 9.1 content comments are baffling. The content was fine, it was really just that Blizz didn't fix the foundational problems with SL and its systems that have been complained about since the beta.
    Yeah, that's the problem. I know it's anecdotal evidence, but like 90% of our guild plus most of my RL friends quit even before 9.1 launched. Some stayed or logged in the first reset just to see some of the new stuff, but that was it. If the 9.1.5 changes came with 9.1 instead, I think at least some would have kept playing.

Quote Originally Posted by UndedoKoleda View Post
    Yeah, that's the problem. I know it's anecdotal evidence, but like 90% of our guild plus most of my RL friends quit even before 9.1 launched. Some stayed or logged in the first reset just to see some of the new stuff, but that was it. If the 9.1.5 changes came with 9.1 instead, I think at least some would have kept playing.
    I don’t think people would keep playing 9.1 if they could wear blue fairy wings as a Venthyr. The problem is that 9.1 is a raidlog patch and the expansion is heavily raidlog and casuals fucking implode when that’s the case (even though covenants are meant to give casual stuff to do, people don’t like the themes and the distance from Azeroth).

Unless 10.0 has a revamp to RP in and housing for casuals to collect furniture for you’re going to see the same amount of bitching. Old players are just tired of doing the same thing for 10+ years.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Unless 10.0 has a revamp to RP in and housing for casuals to collect furniture for you’re going to see the same amount of bitching. Old players are just tired of doing the same thing for 10+ years.
    Uhhhh is furniture collection what casuals actually crave?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Uhhhh is furniture collection what casuals actually crave?
    Lot of people like having a place to decorate how they like. Plenty of games are built around that. I'm not one of them, but I get the appeal.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    I don’t think people would keep playing 9.1 if they could wear blue fairy wings as a Venthyr. The problem is that 9.1 is a raidlog patch and the expansion is heavily raidlog and casuals fucking implode when that’s the case (even though covenants are meant to give casual stuff to do, people don’t like the themes and the distance from Azeroth).

FFXIV is doing fantastic and that game is pure ‘raidlog’ once you reach max level. It doesn’t have any mindless chores to grind, yet its playerbase keeps getting bigger and bigger with each expansion.

People left SL because it is a fundamentally bad expansion with bad design.

10+ Year Old Account
    So much fuss over systems.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2021-11-07 at 05:31 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Roleplayers will never be catered to and Transmoggers will never be catered to either.

It's all Systems and The Three Pillars that matter.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    Lot of people like having a place to decorate how they like. Plenty of games are built around that. I'm not one of them, but I get the appeal.
    All I need are walls to hang my weapon transmog on. And stands for my armour. And a kitchen/forge combi <3

Lets hope Ion's words that the team has changed its ways are the first step in the right direction!

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Sorta find it funny that this fuss is kicked up even before we get the 9.2 Preview. But, then again I guess people are getting antsy.

Ion is gonna deliver us a VoD/Stream announcement next week don'tcha worry.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    All I need are walls to hang my weapon transmog on. And stands for my armour. And a kitchen/forge combi <3

Lets hope Ion's words that the team has changed its ways are the first step in the right direction!
    I think having as something else to do(Like a massive evergreen feature). I'm not saying I'll love it right away but I think its something to note.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

ARGH. I LIVE.

Anyway, Ion reveal tomorrow for 9.2? 8.3 back in BFA was revealed with a video from Ion "dev update" on Monday, at around 19.00 UTC as far as I remember.

I can already hear the screeching of terror.
    Last edited by Vasoka; 2021-11-07 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    ARGH. I LIVE.

Anyway, Ion reveal tomorrow for 9.2? 8.3 back in BFA was revealed with a video from Ion "dev update" on Monday, at around 7 UTC as far as I remember.
    Now that I am looking back, it actually seems likely we'll get an announcement tomorrow. I didn't remember the 8.3 announcement at all, and we also have the internal 9.2 build showing up, so I'm betting on tomorrow.

I remember it because my wife released a banshee wail in regards to "BFA being saved" which, of course, didn't quite turn out the way she hoped it would.

Regardless, I hope for something good tomorrow - the community really needs something to look forward to at this point so we can inhale some copium at least. ATM there isn't even what to inhale copium about.

Kyrian / Venthyr allied race, new zone as big as Nazjatar hopefully (but less annoying for land mounts), a semi-decent conclusion to the story - and a lot of hints at 10.0. And a good raid / arena season. Ion said they'll give us back class sets, let's see if he delivers on his word.

And that surely shouldn't involve more censorship shoehorned into the game.

I'm betting tomorrow around 20/21 UTC - dev update.
    Last edited by Vasoka; 2021-11-07 at 06:07 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Landrisser View Post
    FFXIV is doing fantastic and that game is pure ‘raidlog’ once you reach max level. It doesn’t have any mindless chores to grind, yet its playerbase keeps getting bigger and bigger with each expansion.

People left SL because it is a fundamentally bad expansion with bad design.
    This isn’t quite true FFXIV was stagnating before the recent boost due to wow hate, it was actually going down in number of people going from one expan to the next.

While the numbers of current expansion copies sold was not as high as the previous expansion, the MMORPG managed to stay in the positive regarding profits.
    https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.sili...worldwide/amp/
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

You're all very optimistic. Usually it takes a few weeks until a build like this goes onto the PTR. Tomorrow seems quite early, but why not. I just feel like if 9.2 is so close, they already could have told the investors. Yet they chose to not do so.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    You're all very optimistic. Usually it takes a few weeks until a build like this goes onto the PTR. Tomorrow seems quite early, but why not. I just feel like if 9.2 is so close, they already could have told the investors. Yet they chose to not do so.
    IIRC the one for 9.1 showed up just 5 days before it was deployed onto the PTR.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    IIRC the one for 9.1 showed up just 5 days before it was deployed onto the PTR.
    You're right (from Wowhead):

Patch 9.2 has now hit WoW's vendor CDN, possibly hinting that the 9.2 PTR is coming soon!

As in the past, once a Patch launches, it usually doesn't take long for the next patch's PTR to go live. Although, this seems like a faster cadence than usual.

Patch 9.0.5 went live on March 9th.

Patch 9.1's encrypted vendor build went live on April 8th.

The first Patch 9.1 PTR build happened on April 13th.

Could this mean that we see the first PTR build next week? However, since this is on the vendor CDN, there is no datamining available at the moment.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

It is time to check...

I have a good feeling about tomorrow overall. Keep an eye out.